PDA

View Full Version : GREASE UP......FCS LADS.........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
March 23rd, 2008, 08:22 AM
xeekx xnodx xeekx

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080323/SPORTS07/803230377

McNeese75
March 23rd, 2008, 12:06 PM
xeekx xnodx xeekx

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080323/SPORTS07/803230377

Does UD ever groom a QB they actually recruit out of high school? It appears there is a tranfer at the helm just about every year.

Eyes of Old Main
March 23rd, 2008, 12:07 PM
If they didn't have so many transfers, it wouldn't be as fun to pick on them.

Rob Iola
March 23rd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, sucks that we have to go with a QB who was Ohio State's #2 QB - 20K fans in a championship game will be a snoozefest for him...

RadMann
March 23rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Does UD ever groom a QB they actually recruit out of high school? It appears there is a tranfer at the helm just about every year.

UD has produced three starting NFL QBs and not one of those was a transfer. The current coach, well that is a different story.

Eyes of Old Main
March 23rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah, sucks that we have to go with a QB who was Ohio State's #2 QB - 20K fans in a championship game will be a snoozefest for him...

Oh, OK. I see the strategy now. Good luck with that.

Hoyadestroya85
March 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
You never know about these transfer Quarterbacks though.. Villanova had a guy who transferred from Kentucky (where he backed up Tim Couch) and was off the depth chart by mid season, Thank god he was terrible because Brett Gordon was one of the the most prolific QBs ever in FCS/I-AA

SunCoastBlueHen
March 23rd, 2008, 01:54 PM
I've actually heard through the grapevine that the r-Fr QB Ritacco has looked more impressive in Spring drills thus far. We'll see...

Tribe4SF
March 23rd, 2008, 02:05 PM
From the article, as well as posts on GoHens, it appears that Schoenhoft is a bit of a project. Changing a guys set-up, grip and release is a bit unusual at this point in his career. Weak fundamentals could be why he was going backwards at Ohio State. With Joe Daniels handling the position at OSU, it would be a stretch to imagine Schoenhoft suffered from poor coaching.

appstate38
March 23rd, 2008, 07:35 PM
Is either one of these guys a statue in the pocket like Flacco???? Laser Rocket arm, but as mobile as a rock.

Saint3333
March 23rd, 2008, 07:57 PM
Is either one of these guys a statue in the pocket like Flacco???? Laser Rocket arm, but as mobile as a rock.

You must have missed the ESPN QB challenge. His height may make him look slow, but Flacco was the fastest QB in the contest.

RadMann
March 23rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Flacco is quite fast for his size.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxW_RdJjtos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abJK7EfyzIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUVjmXq9vUk&feature=related

WrenFGun
March 23rd, 2008, 08:22 PM
Yes, Flacco is very mobile within the pocket. He kept a number of plays alive in games that I watched.

Rob Iola
March 23rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
Flacco's also gonna be quite rich for his size...

WUTNDITWAA
March 23rd, 2008, 09:50 PM

When Armanti is on the field, everything else looks to be in slow motion. But as others have said, he's actually got some quicks.

89Hen
March 24th, 2008, 11:30 AM
If they didn't have so many transfers, it wouldn't be as fun to pick on them.
How many is "so many"? 3-4 per year... same as many teams, fewer than others. It's part of the game.

Schoenhoft is the fourth two-year transfer in a row. It has been a long time since the Hens have had a "recruit" taking snaps. Two of the previous three were (will be) drafted and led the Hens to the NC game. The one between the two played for a team that was dessimated with injuries. I'd love to see a "recruit" beat him out for the job this year. xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
March 24th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I'd rather see a kid from Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland or New Jersey than a kid from Ohio.. I hope Ritacco wins as well..

appstate38
March 24th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Yes, Flacco is very mobile within the pocket. He kept a number of plays alive in games that I watched.

I watched those you tube highlights of Flacco. And other than having crazy arm strength he had a great O-line in front of him and he was a QB that seemed to throw timing routes on time. He doesn't hold the ball long. Look I am not knocking Flacco because he obiviously has the tools. Fortunately he won't be getting paid to make a great deal of plays with his feet other than as previously posted keeping a play alive in the pocket.

JohnStOnge
March 25th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Flacco is not a statue. I think that both because I watched him play three games in the playoffs and because of how he did at the NFL combine. The two tests of agility quarterbacks took...tests that gauge how well they move quickly around changing direction...were the 20 yard shuttle and the three cone drill. Flacco was first among quarterbacks in the three cone drill and second in the 20 yard shuttle. In watching him, I thought he moves around in the pocket well.

JohnStOnge
March 25th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I watched those you tube highlights of Flacco. And other than having crazy arm strength he had a great O-line in front of him and he was a QB that seemed to throw timing routes on time. .

I don't see how you could possibly have watched those highlights and not see that he moves around very well. I just looked at the first link and saw a number of plays where he showed good mobility as well as the ability to throw on the run. A good example is a sequence of plays starting at about the 3:20 mark of the video; one against Northern Iowa and one against Appalachian State. There's also one in there earlier against Delaware State where he escapes the pocket to the left and throws a laser right on the money across his body.

appstate38
March 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I don't see how you could possibly have watched those highlights and not see that he moves around very well. I just looked at the first link and saw a number of plays where he showed good mobility as well as the ability to throw on the run. A good example is a sequence of plays starting at about the 3:20 mark of the video; one against Northern Iowa and one against Appalachian State. There's also one in there earlier against Delaware State where he escapes the pocket to the left and throws a laser right on the money across his body.

The highlights from the first video alone showed the majority of his throws with very little pressure. Now He does get the ball out quick which goes to his advantage. All I am saying is that there were cases especially in the playoffs when he got pressure applied that he didn't escape it very well. These were just the "lowly" FCS d-linemen. Look nobody has a complete game when they enter the next level of sports. I am just saying that improving his mobility will only increase his stock. Besides cone drills and game speed are not the same thing. I don't care what anybody says.

RadMann
March 25th, 2008, 06:26 PM
The highlights from the first video alone showed the majority of his throws with very little pressure. Now He does get the ball out quick which goes to his advantage. All I am saying is that there were cases especially in the playoffs when he got pressure applied that he didn't escape it very well. These were just the "lowly" FCS d-linemen. Look nobody has a complete game when they enter the next level of sports. I am just saying that improving his mobility will only increase his stock. Besides cone drills and game speed are not the same thing. I don't care what anybody says.

Appy has a very mobile qb who won't be playing on Sundays, so stop the criticism already! ;)

Mountaineer
March 25th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Appy has a very mobile qb who won't be playing on Sundays, so stop the criticism already! ;)

Not playing on Sunday 49 vs. Playing on Sunday 21

I'll take it. xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
March 25th, 2008, 08:04 PM
All I know is that Flacco couldn't escape the Villanova Pass rush.. with that said no QB under constant pressure will play well.. Look at Brady in the Super Bowl

JohnStOnge
March 25th, 2008, 08:09 PM

Of COURSE he didn't always escape pressure. But he was a long way from a statue and showed very good mobility for his size as well as the ability to throw accurately as well as with great velocity on the move. I watched three of his four playoff games. And, with respect to the one I didn't get to see, I remember Northern Iowa's coach talking about how hard he was to sack even though the Panthers got good pressure.

Yes, most of the video highlights were just throwing the ball. But there were others showing very good mobility.

GeauxLions94
March 25th, 2008, 08:54 PM

Who does Delaware think they are??? The Sam Houston State of the CAA?

appstate38
March 25th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Of COURSE he didn't always escape pressure. But he was a long way from a statue and showed very good mobility for his size as well as the ability to throw accurately as well as with great velocity on the move. I watched three of his four playoff games. And, with respect to the one I didn't get to see, I remember Northern Iowa's coach talking about how hard he was to sack even though the Panthers got good pressure.

Yes, most of the video highlights were just throwing the ball. But there were others showing very good mobility.

You are missing my point. I agree totally about his arm strength and accuracy as a passer. Never in doubt... But just because I point out something that is not a strength is no need for you to think I am calling into question the rest of his skills. If he wants to get better he will have to work on it. Period.

McNeese75
March 26th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Who does Delaware think they are??? The Sam Houston State of the CAA?

:D