PDA

View Full Version : I-AA vs I-A, Week Five

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 02:01 PM
Only two games today. However, I think we could have an I-AA win over an I-A team. Interesting is it not how a I-AA team got an I-A team at home? Then again, it is FIU and FAMU was hoping to go I-A as well prior to this season and it's in Miami.

Florida Intl at Florida A&M
Southeastern Louisiana at Tulane

I-AA, ALL THE WAY!

th0m
October 1st, 2005, 03:37 PM
Where will Tulane play?

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 03:42 PM
Where will Tulane play?

Baton Rouge...students from Tulane, Southeastern Louisiana and LSU with a valid student ID are being admitted free.

Southeastern is down 7-0 midway through the 1Q.

th0m
October 1st, 2005, 03:45 PM
That's real classy of LSU to do, good to see that the LA teams are able to take their mind of off things by watching some college football.

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 03:46 PM
Tulane is playing the rest of their games at other sites. UTEP game is at Ruston. Houston game is in Lafayette...

Hammond (SELA) and New Orleans are within an hour of each other and closer to Baton Rouge than Ruston. Smart move to have it closer for this game...

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 03:49 PM
Tulane 7-0 SELA, 1:53 left in 2Q

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 04:03 PM
Tulane 7-0 SELA, HALF

Southeastern attempted a 62 yard FG and fell short when they gained possession with five ticks left at the Tulane 45...

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 04:29 PM
Tulane 7-7 SELA, 9:07 3Q

McNeese75
October 1st, 2005, 07:03 PM
Final was Tulane 28 SELA 21

I went to the game and it was very entertaining (nice to be able to watch a game live again).

Both teams have very nice quarterbacks and a pretty good defense. Neither team showed the ability to run the ball so there was a lot of gun slingin done out there.

Good showing by the Lions and they had their chances to win this one.

I will be interested in seeing how Tulane matches up with Southern Miss in conference play.

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 07:28 PM
Think the Lions will be competitive in the SLC from your glance at that? I always thought they could be a spoiler this season in the SLC...

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 07:29 PM
Florida A&M 17-20 Florida International, 14:39 4Q

Florida Intl has scored 20 unanswered

golionsgo
October 1st, 2005, 08:42 PM
Tulane 7-0 SELA, HALF

Southeastern attempted a 62 yard FG and fell short when they gained possession with five ticks left at the Tulane 45...

It was a 42 yard FG attempt that was plenty long enough but just outside the left upright. We also had a 22 yd FG blocked and didn't score two other times in the red zone. We also gave up a 98 yard kickoff return for a TD. Otherwise, we outplayed them most of the game minus their first drive. Furthermore, both of our running backs were hurt and our two backups got hurt as well. We were literally down to walk-ons.

Tulane came in ranked #1 in the country in team defense giving up just 150 yards per game. We had over 300 yards total I believe. They are outstanding defensively and have several NFL prospects on that side of the ball. Our defense played outstanding as well and we really confused Lester Ricard who has a chance to be a first or second round pick when he comes out.

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2005, 12:46 AM
Think the Lions will be competitive in the SLC from your glance at that? I always thought they could be a spoiler this season in the SLC...

Oh, yeah, the Lions should be very competitive.

I got my first glimpse of Trey Willie and although not quite the gun Hankins was, he adds a run dimension that will cause people problems. Huggins had one TD catch in the back of the endzone but was pretty much held in check the rest of the day.

Anyone that takes this team lightly could very easily be taken to the woodshed. :nod:

I can promise you the Cowboys will not take them lightly this year and hopefully will keep Huggins under the zone like Tulane did today.

golionsgo
October 2nd, 2005, 12:58 AM
Oh, yeah, the Lions should be very competitive.

I got my first glimpse of Trey Willie and although not quite the gun Hankins was, he adds a run dimension that will cause people problems. Huggins had one TD catch in the back of the endzone but was pretty much held in check the rest of the day.

Anyone that takes this team lightly could very easily be taken to the woodshed. :nod:

I can promise you the Cowboys will not take them lightly this year and hopefully will keep Huggins under the zone like Tulane did today.

Actually Trey Willie has a much stronger arm than Hankins but really didn't have a chance to step up and cut it loose today. But when he has a chance to get his feet set and gun it, he has a cannon. He's getting better and better each game and gaining more confidence.

Huggins was held in check but he dropped one deep ball that would have been an easy TD and was overthrown on another one. Tulane was playing him man with help over the top and weren't going to let him beat them.

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2005, 12:23 PM
Actually Trey Willie has a much stronger arm than Hankins but really didn't have a chance to step up and cut it loose today. But when he has a chance to get his feet set and gun it, he has a cannon. He's getting better and better each game and gaining more confidence.

Huggins was held in check but he dropped one deep ball that would have been an easy TD and was overthrown on another one. Tulane was playing him man with help over the top and weren't going to let him beat them.

Your right, I did forget about that deep ball he dropped but overall Tulane played him the way an opponent will have to play to contain him. I was impressed with Willie and thought he played very cool and confident. I just did not see the accuracy and timing Hankins had against the Pokes last year (of course that was probably the best game of his career ;) ).

The McNeese defense has been changed this year and should not be as pourous as we were last year against the long pass.

Should be a shoot-out vs the Bobcats next week. Good luck!

golionsgo
October 2nd, 2005, 01:57 PM
I was impressed with Willie and thought he played very cool and confident. I just did not see the accuracy and timing Hankins had against the Pokes last year (of course that was probably the best game of his career ;) ).

The McNeese defense has been changed this year and should not be as pourous as we were last year against the long pass.

Should be a shoot-out vs the Bobcats next week. Good luck!

Well, there aren't many QBs at any level with the "accuracy and timing" of Hankins. He could absolutely thread a needle and could read defenses with anyone. He just wasn't very mobile and didn't have all that strong of an arm. As for McNeese being his best game, it was probably one his better ones, especially considering the quality of opponent but he had better games statistically.

Willie just needs to play, and the more games he gets under his belt, the better he'll get. He's a fifth year senior but played baseball only his first two years and was a tight end in 2003. He moved back to QB in 2004 after our backup left the team and a lot of our fans felt like he was pushing Hankins the whole time. It's a shame this will be his last year.