PDA

View Full Version : SCSU / CCU game thread..

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 01:28 PM
Early in 1st quarter.

CCU 10 SCSU 0

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 01:39 PM
This game could damage Pete's Power Poll with South Carolina St such a higher "powered" team. I am high on them as well, but not that high.

Let us know..

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 01:45 PM
End of 1st quarter.

Coastal has the ball on SCSU's 5 yard line.

CCU 10 - SCSU 0

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 01:48 PM
SCSU blocks a 22 yd FG

CCU 10 - SCSU 0

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 01:54 PM
Remember, CCU was picked by I-AA.org's Eric Gemunder as the upset winner of the week...

COASTAL CAROLINA OVER #20 SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
Coastal Carolina opened eyes around the country when they upset then-No. 1 James Madison. They also have wins over Elon and Delaware State, but were crushed by Appalachian State 30-3 two weeks ago, and fell out of the Top 25. This is a chance for the Chanticleers to move back into the rankings, and solidify their resume for a playoff berth. After this week, they play Gardner-Webb, Liberty, VMI, Savannah State, Mansfield (PA) and Charleston Southern. A (10-1) record is not out of the question, and with wins over James Madison and SC State, they could make a pretty good case for a playoff berth. They're going to have to do a good job of holding on to the ball -- they have six fumles lost already this year -- if they want to beat the Bulldogs on Saturday. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit off of one win (JMU) but I think CCU can do it. The Chanticleers get the upset win.

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 02:05 PM
SCSU had sustained drive from Coastal's 20..

1st and goal from 6 yard line... Coastal holds them.

SCSU kicks FG

Coastal 10 - SC State 3

ashram
October 1st, 2005, 02:20 PM
Was a SC State player ejected? What happened?

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 02:34 PM
Was a SC State player ejected? What happened?

In the first quarter, SCSU's DB William Olliver was ejected. Don't know why.

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 02:38 PM
At the half,

CCU 10 - SCSU 10

1st quarter dominated by Coastal, 2nd quarter by SCSU, ( with some help from the officials)

During a timeout, Coastal was charged with an illeagal conference that gave SCSU a 1st down, then a pass by Coastal on 3rd down which was ruled complete by the official on the play, and over turned by an official on the other side of the field. TV replay showed it was complete. Totally changed the momentum.

ravinggoat
October 1st, 2005, 02:59 PM
SC State 16
Coastal 10

3rd Quarter

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 03:00 PM
3rd quarter

SCSU interception on 35. Takes it in in 6 plays.

Coastal blocked the try.

SCSU 16 - CCU 10

ravinggoat
October 1st, 2005, 03:10 PM
SC State 23
Coastal 10

3rd Quarter

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 03:12 PM
Long pass play by McCoy, if the reciever hadn't fallen down, it would have been a TD. But SCSU took it in anyway.

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 03:32 PM
52 yd drive by CCU..

SCSU 23 - CCU 17

10 min left in 4th

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 03:34 PM
The blocked extra point by Coastal could loam big before the end of this game.

Good game though

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 03:54 PM
I see there are 23 seconds left via Yahoo Sports...

Who has the ball? CCU or South Carolina St?

Game over?

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 03:55 PM
17 secs left...

Coastal scores on a pass play from thigpen to Simpson.. EP good

Coastal 24 - SC State 23

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 03:57 PM
State's ball on the 44... 12 secs left.

Interception Coastal....

Great game

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2005, 04:01 PM
Congrats Coastal on beating the #2 team in Pete's Power Poll...

Solid win on the road. Enjoy it...

Coastal89
October 1st, 2005, 04:56 PM
I forget who but someone on here said the MEAC refs were really bad. Todays game was one of the best called games that i've seen in a while with the exception of the illegaal conference penalty. Props to the MEAC for it's professionalism.

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 05:04 PM
I forget who but someone on here said the MEAC refs were really bad. Todays game was one of the best called games that i've seen in a while with the exception of the illegaal conference penalty. Props to the MEAC for it's professionalism.

Yes I mentioned that at halftime, but never said they were really bad... just that those two calls really cut into the momentum. the other call was the overturn of the 3rd down catch by an off official.

In general though, you are right.. they did a good job.

I am also a football official, although all I do now is high school and I do not often talk about officials and calls, but like I said those two calls appeared to change the game at that point.

Coastal89
October 1st, 2005, 05:16 PM
Yes I mentioned that at halftime, but never said they were really bad... just that those two calls really cut into the momentum. the other call was the overturn of the 3rd down catch by an off official.

In general though, you are right.. they did a good job.

I am also a football official, although all I do now is high school and I do not often talk about officials and calls, but like I said those two calls appeared to change the game at that point.
I didn't mean you but someone from a few weeks back was warning us about the refs.

MarkCCU
October 1st, 2005, 06:40 PM
Well looks like we have ourselves a rivalry that will be settled next year. And the year after that...and the year after that. Really I think this is the beginning of a good rivalry but to my fellow Chaticleers, let us not forget would be the better rival-The Citadel. They have more in common with us, and talk alot of ****.

Jaques
October 1st, 2005, 07:09 PM
Fluke this!!!!! :eek:

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 07:28 PM
Well looks like we have ourselves a rivalry that will be settled next year. And the year after that...and the year after that. Really I think this is the beginning of a good rivalry but to my fellow Chaticleers, let us not forget would be the better rival-The Citadel. They have more in common with us, and talk alot of ****.

nothing in common... at least we have good looking ladies here!!!! LOL

colgate13
October 1st, 2005, 09:02 PM
Great win CCU! Keep it up.

SuperJon
October 1st, 2005, 09:28 PM
This is a moot point but someone please explain something to me.

In the first half, SCSU's band was warned not to play after Coastal broke the huddle. In the 4th quarter they played the whole time when Coastal was on the field and nothing was called. I'm not complaining, just asking.

rokamortis
October 1st, 2005, 09:39 PM

In the first half, SCSU's band was warned not to play after Coastal broke the huddle. In the 4th quarter they played the whole time when Coastal was on the field and nothing was called. I'm not complaining, just asking.

We were all surprised that they actually stopped them. I think it was because they were laying into the horns so much that the refs had to concede as it was really a disadvantage. By the end of the game they were allowing them the advantage and we played through it. The refs could have stopped them again, but they proved that they weren't impartial as we had thought all game.

Coastal89
October 1st, 2005, 09:49 PM

I think the rule book says that if the offense asks the ref for quiet they warn then the first time and the2nd (maybe the 3rd) time it would be a 15 yard penalty. No need to stop the momentun at the end of that game today i guess.

SuperJon
October 1st, 2005, 09:51 PM
I think the rule book says that if the offense asks the ref for quiet they warn then the first time and the2nd (maybe the 3rd) time it would be a 15 yard penalty. No need to stop the momentun at the end of that game today i guess.

That 4th down play could have been a great time to get an automatic first down. We overcame it though which is great.

rokamortis
October 1st, 2005, 10:30 PM
Remember, CCU was picked by I-AA.org's Eric Gemunder as the upset winner of the week...

The Sports Network's Matt Dougherty picked us 20-17.