PDA

View Full Version : Va. Tech running back dismissed

AppStFan76
March 19th, 2008, 05:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3301997

Will he go FCS?

He has one year of eligability left his best chance at playing is to go FCS program, IMO.

MaroonMafia
March 19th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Or declare for the draft...Sounds like school isn't his priority.

Syntax Error
March 19th, 2008, 06:18 PM
His best chance would be NAIA

JohnStOnge
March 19th, 2008, 06:21 PM
My understanding is that they changed the rules so that a player has to have at least two years of eligibility remaining in order to transfer to FCS and play. I don't agree with the rule, but I think that's what it is.

hebmskebm
March 19th, 2008, 06:26 PM
My understanding is that they changed the rules so that a player has to have at least two years of eligibility remaining in order to transfer to FCS and play. I don't agree with the rule, but I think that's what it is.

Does that go for D2 and D3 as well?

AppStFan76
March 19th, 2008, 06:29 PM

I had not heard that. I agree that sucks. If thats the case he's probably SOL

Syntax Error
March 19th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Does that go for D2 and D3 as well?That is a D-I rule. No more mercenaries.

Ronbo
March 19th, 2008, 07:30 PM
That is a D-I rule. No more mercenaries.

Why would a kid that's going to sit the bench his senior year and wants to actually see the field be considered a mercenary? The new rule is FU to guys like Swogger. Sit the bench and like it and shut up cause we have you by the short ones now.

Syntax Error
March 19th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Because these kids come to play football and then leave. Most don't stay. They are there to play football. Mercenary. That is the term your commissioner used.

In case you forgot, their main mission is to go to school.

terrierbob
March 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Ummm..why would any school want his services?

ButlerGSU
March 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3301997

Will he go FCS?

He has one year of eligability left his best chance at playing is to go FCS program, IMO.

I'm not against him getting a second chance if he learned his lesson but they say it is an attitude problem, many coaches might be wary of it.

BDKJMU
March 19th, 2008, 08:30 PM
"A redshirt senior, Ore played in all 14 games last season, starting 13."

He has a year of eligibility left?xconfusedx If he had a year of eligibility left for the 08'-09' season, he'd have to be a junior for this 07-08' school year.

SkinsWizDukes
March 19th, 2008, 08:39 PM
This kid shouldn't have been at Tech as long as he was. This would be a 4th or 5th chance. He was sent home during spring semester last year so that he could stay eligible for the fall and VT turned it into a feel good story about him working at 7-11 and getting his life together. Then this fall he was hanging around his drug buddy that was dealing coke. So much for turning that life around.

WUTNDITWAA
March 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
This kid shouldn't have been at Tech as long as he was. This would be a 4th or 5th chance. He was sent home during spring semester last year so that he could stay eligible for the fall and VT turned it into a feel good story about him working at 7-11 and getting his life together. Then this fall he was hanging around his drug buddy that was dealing coke. So much for turning that life around.

Well he did. It was just a full 360.xrotatehx

Mouse
March 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
looks like the supplemental draft for him

GeauxLions94
March 19th, 2008, 09:50 PM
That is a Dustin Long at Sam Houston State rule. No more mercenaries.

Fixed it for you xthumbsupx

FCS Go!
March 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Ummm..why would any school want his services?

Exactly. He has been on real thin ice at Tech since before the bowl game. I think the coaching staff was hoping he would go for the draft so they wouldn't have to give him his walking papers. He did virtually no work over last summer and showed up for fall out of shape. Good job Hokies in letting his sorry ass go. xthumbsupx

LarryBoy
March 19th, 2008, 10:00 PM
This bodes well for our upcoming contest with the Hokies...may bring the spread down to what, 30 points?

Monarch History
March 19th, 2008, 10:01 PM
As was said in an earlier post, Ore has been given several previous chances but his actions have been a distraction for the Hokies. When this latest incident happened regarding being in a car where cocaine was found, I think Tech became fed up. Actually I'm surprised Tech waited this long. I doubt many FCS schools would want to take a chance no matter how many years of eligibility he had. xsmhx

PSUVikings
March 19th, 2008, 10:21 PM
IDK, this guy was terrible last season.

seantaylor
March 19th, 2008, 10:30 PM
You have to pretty much murder a toddler to get kicked off the team at Virginia Tech.

Eyes of Old Main
March 19th, 2008, 11:38 PM
You have to pretty much murder a toddler to get kicked off the team at Virginia Tech.

They've always been kind of suspect to me. I once saw them fake an injury to get a kicker out on the field for a last second field goal to win a bowl game when they were otherwise out of timeouts.

CSUBUCDAD
March 20th, 2008, 07:03 AM
If I were coaching I would not even consider taking him. He is obviously not focused on what he needs to be doing. Don't want someone else's problem.

D1scout
March 20th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Because these kids come to play football and then leave. Most don't stay. They are there to play football. Mercenary. That is the term your commissioner used.

In case you forgot, their main mission is to go to school.

No, the main mission is to get an education so you can get a good paying job and make a good living.xnodx Nothing is better than signing for a multimillion dollar contract to do what you love to do whether it is a well paying job or a football contract with the pros.:) With the money from pro ball you can also go back to college and learn to do something to manage the money!:D

AppHokie
March 20th, 2008, 09:13 AM

Can you be specific? Anything that other major D1A schools are innocent of?

Hambone
March 20th, 2008, 09:17 AM
A guy in the know on the D2football.com message board (he does all the pro small school scouting type stuff and is very reputable) has said that he is probably going DII, probably West Liberty.

http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=10145

AppStFan76
March 20th, 2008, 09:55 AM
A guy in the know on the D2football.com message board (he does all the pro small school scouting type stuff and is very reputable) has said that he is probably going DII, probably West Liberty.

Thanks for the Link

Not sure I agree with the rule about not being able to transfer to another D-1 school

Purple Pride
March 20th, 2008, 01:18 PM

Ole Josh is pretty good. Here's the link.

http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Latest/brandon_ore_west_libert_state_report.html

bluehenbillk
March 20th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I'm sure if he could goto a 1-AA school that JMU would be all over him.

Appaholic
March 20th, 2008, 01:58 PM

....or Montana (St.)

OL FU
March 20th, 2008, 02:19 PM
One Down and 80 something to go. xthumbsupx

LehighFan11
March 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM

Cheap shot...

bandl
March 20th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Cheap shot...

That's all that BHB ever says when it comes to JMU :)

JMU2004
March 20th, 2008, 05:26 PM

laughable.......

AppStFan76
March 20th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Hey if he could go to JMU, then we would hear the same conversation were hearing on the thread about Wardlow posibly transfering to App.