PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Fans: Barry Switzer to Coach Cards

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2008, 11:05 PM
I'll believe it when I see it -- but Lamar's fan base is saying that Barry Switzer will be named the head coach of the Lamar Cardinals.

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=35932.0

Switzer is 70 right now and would be even older when the Cards hit the field.

TxState_GO_CATS!
March 18th, 2008, 11:06 PM
wow...

billy tubbs + barry switzer...

look out SLC! hahahaha

TexasTerror
March 18th, 2008, 11:08 PM
The Lamar fan board also states that Switzer will be able to do the FOX pregame next year and get a $300k signing bonus and $300k yearly...

That's a lot for an FCS coach and may actually double the top salary in the Southland...

roberthollister
March 18th, 2008, 11:20 PM
We'll see about that. Somebody might be living in a dreamworld or something.....

GeauxLions94
March 18th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Isn't Jim Gilligan (Lamar baseball coach) expected to retire pretty soon? If so, I hear Tommy Lasorda is available :p

Retro
March 18th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Even if they did get switzer, he is way past his prime in coaching abilities.. He would be there more as a figure head and way to draw some fans or donations maybe..

TexasTerror
March 19th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Apparently Lamar's knowledgeable fan (who has typically been very reliable in providing information) was just trying to get some excitement amongst the fan base.

Perhaps he knows that Lamar is not getting the $$$ that the fan base believes they have gotten committed...something that hit my ears a few weeks ago...

TheRiver
March 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Ha Ha what a joke.xrotatehx

Cobblestone
March 19th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Lamar fans should start a campaign...Time Is Today for Switzer.

McTailGator
March 19th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I'll believe it when I see it -- but Lamar's fan base is saying that Barry Switzer will be named the head coach of the Lamar Cardinals.

http://www.setxsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=35932.0

Switzer is 70 right now and would be even older when the Cards hit the field.

HA!,

No longer they dropped football so long ago, their fans aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer if they believe that. Or even worse, IF they WANT that.

I'll but my under paid 2 time SLC Championship winning - coach of the year up against their 70 year plus delusions any day. xsmiley_wix

RC Slocum must have told them no. xlolx

Marcus Garvey
March 19th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Forget whether he's in his prime or not... It's clear Lamar is trying relive the 80's (the last time they fielded a team) by bringing in a guy who is best at running an offense straight out of 1982!
I hope they wear tear-away jerseys, roll collars and use lots of "Stick-um"!
xnodx

Lionsrking
March 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Terror was punked. The rumor was an early April Fool's.

roberthollister
March 20th, 2008, 12:05 AM
[QNo longer they dropped football so long ago, their fans aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer if they believe that. Or even worse, IF they WANT that.

I'll but my under paid 2 time SLC Championship winning - coach of the year up against their 70 year plus delusions any day.

RC Slocum must have told them no.
UOTE][/QUOTE] Where did you get your college degree from? After obtaining that GED you decided to go to welding school, where you made 3 "F's" and one "D" in your first semester. So you figured "damn, I must be concentratin' too much on one subject". You sound like pathetic white trash and your idea of "well-to-do" is living in a double-wide trailer with a satellite dish.