PDA

View Full Version : U of Tenn Transfer to ASU

ASU_MBA
March 17th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Not sure if this has been written on the board or not but according to several sources ASU is close to announcing another SEC transfer in Former Tennessee Volunteer defensive back Antonio Wardlow. Wardlow was consideredhe 30th best DB coming out of high school and at 6'1 185 could help ASU out at corner or Safety. He saw time at safety with Tenn but was shuffled down the depth chart. He registered nine tackles and an interception in the Vols bowl game versus Wisconsin this past year. He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated last year for a blocked punt and TD against Georgia. This is a great addition of the Mountaineers and a good second chance for this kid. I understand he will play this fall and have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW5SzlT1Nbs

smallcollegefbfan
March 17th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Add him to a class with a 3-star, 2-star players to go along with Leonard Love, Cortez Gilbert, Jared Reine, and Mark LeGree and ASU will have a more athletic secondary than ever before. They look to be making up for what they lack in experience with size and athletic ability.

HighRyder08
March 17th, 2008, 12:57 PM
so is this commitment true or still a rumor?

OLDLCOACH111
March 17th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I heard of this kid, very decent athlete. He was dismissed from Tennessee's team for some undisclosed violation of team rules. I think he would of learned from that though and make the best of his situation, good pick up.xthumbsupx

Touchdown Yosef
March 17th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I'm excited to have him but I still wish we had a big O-line transfer coming in.

I am getting more and more excited about what our defense will look like next year.

citdog
March 17th, 2008, 02:18 PM
NOT TO THROW A COLD DOUCHE ON YOUR PARTY HERE "TRIBE OF YOSEF'S" BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT A GUY WHO HAD TO BE DISMISSED FROM THE TEAM AT TENN? EXACTLY WHAT DOES ONE HAVE TO DO TO GET KICKED OFF THE TEAM AT UT? THIS GUY DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE ON THE SAME FIELD WITH OUR CADETS.

Touchdown Yosef
March 17th, 2008, 02:27 PM
NOT TO THROW A COLD DOUCHE ON YOUR PARTY HERE "TRIBE OF YOSEF'S" BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT A GUY WHO HAD TO BE DISMISSED FROM THE TEAM AT TENN? EXACTLY WHAT DOES ONE HAVE TO DO TO GET KICKED OFF THE TEAM AT UT? THIS GUY DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE ON THE SAME FIELD WITH OUR CADETS.

I appreciate your concern there Citdog. Like most people I always worry about why he was dismissed and I am never in favor of taking a talented delinquint who could infect other players on the team with his bad habbits and possible laziness. The upside is just not worth it. That being said I would imagaine our coaching staff has the info on the reason and if Jerry Moore thinks the kid is ok to bring in then I will trust his judgement. I am always a little cautious with transfers, extremely talented thugs can just as well go to ______________ (fill in the blank) xsmiley_wix as come to ASU.

SeattleGriz
March 17th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Wait a minute.

We were all told last year when Montana had issues, that Jerry Moore would NEVER, EVER under ANY circumstances take a person that was dismissed from a team.

What gives?

Touchdown Yosef
March 17th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Wait a minute.

We were all told last year when Montana had issues, that Jerry Moore would NEVER, EVER under ANY circumstances take a person that was dismissed from a team.

What gives?

I for one can't speak for what Jerry Moore would or would not do and I don't think many people know him well enough to speak for him. We'll see how it all pans out here, as for now I am pretty sure it is still a rumor.

SeattleGriz
March 17th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I for one can't speak for what Jerry Moore would or would not do and I don't think many people know him well enough to speak for him. We'll see how it all pans out here, as for now I am pretty sure it is still a rumor.

Rep points for you TD Yosef for speaking the obvious truth. That is one of the points I kept trying to make last year about recruits - Nobody can speak for Jerry, but Jerry.

I certainly don't know him, but have heard nothing but great things about Coach Moore.

Just wanted to rib some of those fans that acted as if the ASU program was above taking anyone who ever had any troubles.

lizrdgizrd
March 17th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Rep points for you TD Yosef for speaking the obvious truth. That is one of the points I kept trying to make last year about recruits - Nobody can speak for Jerry, but Jerry.

I certainly don't know him, but have heard nothing but great things about Coach Moore.

Just wanted to rib some of those fans that acted as if the ASU program was above taking anyone who ever had any troubles.
Since I am not, in fact, Jerry Moore I can tell you why I chose to accept this young man's transfer request. But I won't.

:p

mrklean
March 17th, 2008, 03:12 PM
We are still going to kick your azz this year........................lol

GATA

mcveyrl
March 17th, 2008, 03:48 PM
This thread reminds me of a billboard down here...

WUTNDITWAA
March 17th, 2008, 04:08 PM
This thread reminds me of a billboard down here...

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

Jerbearasu
March 17th, 2008, 04:17 PM

This rumor seems a little odd to me. A few weeks ago, this kid was on campus and Moore did meet with him but told people that he was going to pass on him. Now all of the sudden the rumor is back up and running?

I can only assume (if this is true) that the kid kept talking to Moore and explaining why he was dismissed and everything was put into light. Also, App doesn't have any open scholorships so I have to think this kid will walk on next year and try to earn a scholly. I know Moore has had pretty strict policy on transfers in the past and I am sure that he does follow ups with as many people as he can to get the best info for his decision.

I will respect any decision coach makes but I am going to come out opposed to this. I am not a fan of transfers (not all of them but I prefer a kid to be recruited by App out of high school) and it seems that ASU is starting to accept more and more of them. I don't want to be Transfer U...

Our past transfers have been guys that just didn't fit in where they initially decided to go (like the Orlebars and Julian Rauch). Some have been like Tim Washington where they got stuck down on the depth chart and just wanted a chance to play somewhere. I can accept that rationale. But to take a kid that has had trouble elsewhere is a little discouraging to me. Last kid I can remember that App took with discipline problems was Alan Atwater and he ended up getting kicked off the team.

I'd rather us just work with what we got. Our secondary is going to be more athletic than last year's group. They just won't have the experience that last year had.

Appstate29
March 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
This rumor seems a little odd to me. A few weeks ago, this kid was on campus and Moore did meet with him but told people that he was going to pass on him. Now all of the sudden the rumor is back up and running?

I can only assume (if this is true) that the kid kept talking to Moore and explaining why he was dismissed and everything was put into light. Also, App doesn't have any open scholorships so I have to think this kid will walk on next year and try to earn a scholly. I know Moore has had pretty strict policy on transfers in the past and I am sure that he does follow ups with as many people as he can to get the best info for his decision.

I will respect any decision coach makes but I am going to come out opposed to this. I am not a fan of transfers (not all of them but I prefer a kid to be recruited by App out of high school) and it seems that ASU is starting to accept more and more of them. I don't want to be Transfer U...

Our past transfers have been guys that just didn't fit in where they initially decided to go (like the Orlebars and Julian Rauch). Some have been like Tim Washington where they got stuck down on the depth chart and just wanted a chance to play somewhere. I can accept that rationale. But to take a kid that has had trouble elsewhere is a little discouraging to me. Last kid I can remember that App took with discipline problems was Alan Atwater and he ended up getting kicked off the team.

I'd rather us just work with what we got. Our secondary is going to be more athletic than last year's group. They just won't have the experience that last year had.

I agree 100%. Coach Moore has my backing 100% in any decision he makes, but I'd rather develop the talent that we recruited out of high school than put our eggs into the basket of a kid who was kicked off of Tennesee, good Lord he was kicked off of Tennesee, they will overlook just about anything to win.

appstate38
March 17th, 2008, 09:09 PM
We are still HOPING to kick your azz this year........................lol

GATA

Fixed it for you... But I like your confidence

whoanellie
March 17th, 2008, 10:22 PM
time will tell but one should be on noticed that when a program goes for a student/athlete no matter how highly recruited with poor integrity it can take a program down very quickly. questions will be asked.

KiddBrewer
March 17th, 2008, 10:26 PM

were certainly not. for that to be the case, we would have to never have problems with discipline from players already on that team, and we have that from time to time as well.

AppGrad06
March 18th, 2008, 01:43 AM
were certainly not. for that to be the case, we would have to never have problems with discipline from players already on that team, and we have that from time to time as well.

Yeah. I remember a certain senior starting DB being left in Boone for what would have been his last game...the National Championship. Discipline issues happen. I'm willing to bet most of us have made our share of bad decisions. Now I also don't want App to turn into Florida State. The difference? Coach Moore. I trust he will make the right decision for the team on all levels, and not compromise integrity for ability. I hope that even if JM were to let him walk-on it would not be with out a good looking over.

SirApp
March 18th, 2008, 02:14 AM

You are already right in your first paragraph. Not going to happen, it's a done deal. No use bringing it up again. Peace.

AppStFan76
March 18th, 2008, 08:28 AM
I'll believe it when there is an official announcement made. While we're at it lets just put Ryan Perrillous on the team as a backup for AE!

mtnman
March 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM

alan atwater ,did not work out for him he stayed in troulbe up here,but he went to shaw univ and played ball and never got in troulbe there.so i do beleave a kid should get a second chance,how many of us have had a second chance.no one knows but the kid and coach moore what happen at TN.so i trust coach moore

Appaholic
March 18th, 2008, 09:22 AM

Seriously.......got dismissed....from TENNESSEE!!....What did he do, murder someone......if you can't stay eligible on Phil Fulmer's team.....I don't know what to say......guess it goes hand-in-hand with our parking rate increase.......anything to generate revenue for our athletic department...xsmiley_wix

LehighFan11
March 18th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Listen is this division 1 college football, these players and programs are not as clean as we would hope. The level of problems increases as a team becomes more of a national power. Teams like uga, tenn, miami, lsu, psu, mich, ohio st, usc, etc. etc. are not even close to clean. App St is the power of FCS and as they continue to expand, they will become even less clean. Best of luck with the transfer if it is true.

bench
March 18th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Seriously.......got dismissed....from TENNESSEE!!....What did he do, murder someone......if you can't stay eligible on Phil Fulmer's team.....I don't know what to say......guess it goes hand-in-hand with our parking rate increase.......anything to generate revenue for our athletic department...xsmiley_wix

You magnificent bastard, you.

xbowx

lillycafe
March 18th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Listen is this division 1 college football, these players and programs are not as clean as we would hope. The level of problems increases as a team becomes more of a national power. Teams like uga, tenn, miami, lsu, psu, mich, ohio st, usc, etc. etc. are not even close to clean. App St is the power of FCS and as they continue to expand, they will become even less clean. Best of luck with the transfer if it is true.

What does this mean?

Hoyadestroya85
March 18th, 2008, 01:52 PM
This concerns me.. i hope he didn't do something exceptionally bad.. I hope Jerry Moore and Admissions seriously thought this one through.. god forbid you don't want this guy to be another Cecil Collins

BEAR
March 18th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Qoute of the day. xthumbsupx LMAO! Thanks Appaholic! xlolx xlolx xlolx

813Jag
March 18th, 2008, 02:47 PM
This concerns me.. i hope he didn't do something exceptionally bad.. I hope Jerry Moore and Admissions seriously thought this one through.. god forbid you don't want this guy to be another Cecil Collins
I don't think too many people can be Cecil Collins.

WUTNDITWAA
March 18th, 2008, 03:31 PM

You want the one thread to die, but you're going to take pot shots on another? Come on, you're better than that.

WUTNDITWAA
March 18th, 2008, 03:32 PM
You magnificent bastard, you.

xbowx

Yeah, if he were to come, in your eyes, the team would no longer be any better than its fans. Assuming you're an ASU guy anyway.xcoffeex

SeattleGriz
March 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM
What does this mean?

It means the pressure for ASU to win the NC every year, or at least make a deep run into the playoffs increases with your success.

That is exactly what Montana coaches go through. Our current coach is somewhere near 52 wins and 14 losses in 5 years, and some think he isn't doing enough.

AppStateold299
March 18th, 2008, 04:42 PM
That is the problem with every successful program. The fans and school expect every year to be another NC, but they don't understand how hard it is to win a championship. I mean every team that has won a championship has had some luck on their side. Last year it was JMU fumbling at the end of the game. It is not just talent or coaching. And sometimes the better team doesn't win. If it weren't so hard then it wouldn't be so coveted of a goal. I agree your coaching staff gets a lot of grief for doing a bang up job.

The pressure leads to more people wanting to come to get exposure, but that also brings in the wrong type of people. Ones that aren't exactly the team player. They also might cause more trouble than their talent is worth.

phillyAPP
March 18th, 2008, 06:47 PM

App will stay clean. This about Jerry Moore's Christianity. The player will have to earn his way on the team and the RESPECT of everyone.

His actions will dictate his playing time. He is being given a second chance and a FULL background check including telephone calls to TN.

Appaholic
March 19th, 2008, 09:58 AM
You want the one thread to die, but you're going to take pot shots on another? Come on, you're better than that.

That was the purpose of the smiley wink.....just fokkin' with you guys....:D

Black Saturday
March 19th, 2008, 10:31 AM

Jerry Moore and his staff knows more about Wardlow's situation than any of us on this board. Coach Moore hasn't had a history of allowing character issues on his team. So, the last two facts inclines me to believe there is not much to his issue with UT. 100% guarantee if Wardlow was going to be a distraction or detract from his team, he would have never been given the opprtunity to play on his team. Coach Moore is under no pressure to win. Wardlow will add depth and have to prove his worthiness like others have or haven't, but APP would win just as many games this year without him. Anyway, guess where most every I-A transfer calls first this off season? I'm certain he's turned downed more than we can imagine.

Whether you like it or not Wardlow will be on the same fields as your Cadets in Boone this fall, that is if he can earn it.xthumbsupx

UDBlueLotFan
March 19th, 2008, 03:04 PM
That is the problem with every successful program. The fans and school expect every year to be another NC, but they don't understand how hard it is to win a championship. I mean every team that has won a championship has had some luck on their side. Last year it was JMU fumbling at the end of the game. It is not just talent or coaching. And sometimes the better team doesn't win. If it weren't so hard then it wouldn't be so coveted of a goal. I agree your coaching staff gets a lot of grief for doing a bang up job.

The pressure leads to more people wanting to come to get exposure, but that also brings in the wrong type of people. Ones that aren't exactly the team player. They also might cause more trouble than their talent is worth.

You got that right!! xsmiley_wix xnodx xlolx xlolx Hey, you said it. xoopsx

AshevilleApp2
March 19th, 2008, 03:15 PM

No rep allowed. Sigh. xlolx xlolx

AshevilleApp2
March 19th, 2008, 03:17 PM

IT WAS A JOKE!! xrotatehx

soweagle
March 19th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Maybe getting away from the thugs at UT will keep the young man in line.

WUTNDITWAA
March 19th, 2008, 04:18 PM
You got that right!! xsmiley_wix xnodx xlolx xlolx Hey, you said it. xoopsx

Northern Iowa shares that sentiment. xreadx

WUTNDITWAA
March 19th, 2008, 04:20 PM
That was the purpose of the smiley wink.....just fokkin' with you guys....:D

Yeah, I know. xthumbsupx But there is usually a shred of *perceived* truth behind every joke. xeyebrowx

SoCon48
March 19th, 2008, 07:32 PM
time will tell but one should be on noticed that when a program goes for a student/athlete no matter how highly recruited with poor integrity it can take a program down very quickly. questions will be asked.

Seems like Elon took one a couple years back.

BDKJMU
March 19th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Not sure if this has been written on the board or not but according to several sources ASU is close to announcing another SEC transfer in Former Tennessee Volunteer defensive back Antonio Wardlow. Wardlow was consideredhe 30th best DB coming out of high school and at 6'1 185 could help ASU out at corner or Safety. He saw time at safety with Tenn but was shuffled down the depth chart. He registered nine tackles and an interception in the Vols bowl game versus Wisconsin this past year. He was on the cover of Sports Illustrated last year for a blocked punt and TD against Georgia. This is a great addition of the Mountaineers and a good second chance for this kid. I understand he will play this fall and have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW5SzlT1Nbs

By who? How do we know he wasn't the 25th best DB coming out of HS, or 29th best or 31st best, or 41st best? xlolx My point is I just roll my eyes when I see someone state, this player at x position was rated the say 18th best at his position coming out of HS. Like someone can say he was better than the 19th ranked guy, but not as good as the guy ranked 17th- I've pointed this out before on the JMU caazone board when a poster made a similar statement about a transfer possibility for JMU who was ranked x (exact #) at his position coming out of HS. You got guys who didn't show up on any rankings starting for major BCS powers, and you got guys who rank high who never start. You should take these HS rankings with a major grain of salt- they're barely worth the paper they're written on. Bottom line is you got a guy who looked good enough at DB in HS to be offered a scholly by a major BCS powerlike Tenn, but turned out to be not good enough to start for them, and ended up being dismissed from the team or univ for some unspecified reason. IF he did transfer to ASU (sounds like a rumor), he could be a good player for this level of football and start in his 1st year or if not, at least provide depth & see PT for ASU.

DLS
March 20th, 2008, 06:33 AM
By who? How do we know he wasn't the 25th best DB coming out of HS, or 29th best or 31st best, or 41st best? xlolx My point is I just roll my eyes when I see someone state, this player at x position was rated the say 18th best at his position coming out of HS. Like someone can say he was better than the 19th ranked guy, but not as good as the guy ranked 17th- I've pointed this out before on the JMU caazone board when a poster made a similar statement about a transfer possibility for JMU who was ranked x (exact #) at his position coming out of HS. You got guys who didn't show up on any rankings starting for major BCS powers, and you got guys who rank high who never start. You should take these HS rankings with a major grain of salt- they're barely worth the paper they're written on. Bottom line is you got a guy who looked good enough at DB in HS to be offered a scholly by a major BCS powerlike Tenn, but turned out to be not good enough to start for them, and ended up being dismissed from the team or univ for some unspecified reason. IF he did transfer to ASU (sounds like a rumor), he could be a good player for this level of football and start in his 1st year or if not, at least provide depth & see PT for ASU.

he was good enough to get on the cover of sports illustrated.xwhistlex

AppGrad06
March 20th, 2008, 09:29 AM

I seem to remember another guy who made the cover of SI, and if memory serves me right I think he did a descent job for us.xwhistlex

In all seriousness though I don't put any credence in HS player ratings either. I mean how many high schools are there in this country? hundreds of thousands? It's just not possible to evaluate every player out there. I'm sure have been tons of players that could have superstars but are just leading ordinary lives b/c they were overlooked b/c they didn't come from some recruiting hot bed and weren't overly hyped by coaches and local media.

ASU_MBA
March 20th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Rivals.com a well known scouting website ranked Wardlow 30th in the country for DBs coming out of HS. To answer your JMU question....

BDKJMU
March 20th, 2008, 12:48 PM

And so have lots of other guys who made a big play on special teams that was captured in a great action photo or second string player who happened to be in a really good action photo.

Bottom line is he wasn't good enough to start at Tenn in his 1st 3 seasons (or 2 if he wasn't redshirted). Maybe he would have started next year? Maybe not. If not next season its not likely he would have in his senior year.

If he is fortunate enough to be granted the opportunity at ASU to play for 2 seasons, good chance he will start, at minimum be on the 2 deep and special teams seeing PT.

BDKJMU
March 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I seem to remember another guy who made the cover of SI, and if memory serves me right I think he did a descent job for us.xwhistlex

In all seriousness though I don't put any credence in HS player ratings either. I mean how many high schools are there in this country? hundreds of thousands? It's just not possible to evaluate every player out there. I'm sure have been tons of players that could have superstars but are just leading ordinary lives b/c they were overlooked b/c they didn't come from some recruiting hot bed and weren't overly hyped by coaches and local media.

Not hundreds of thousands. I seem to remember when I lived in TX about 6 years ago I remember reading about the yearly classification of TX (6 man and A-5A I think it was over 800 high schools at the time, and not sure if that included public and private or just public. I would GUESSTIMATE the total number would be in the ballpark 12-15 k public & private HS football teams, about one for every 20-25k residents, with the total number of HS football varsity seniors each season numbering somewhere between 200-300k, with the # of Div I (A and AA) schollies each season around 3500, which would mean roughly one in 60 to 80+ players ultimately getting a scholly (majority straight out of HS, with some juco, prep school, walk ons). Which would only mean an avg of roughly one player from every 3-5 HS teams each season ultimately getting a scholly (with some HS going years or several decades without having a player get one, and some HS powers having multiple players getting Div I schollies just about every year. Just guestimates though.

Those types of #s show why someone saying this guy was the 30th best HS football player at his position is kind of about as accurate as forecasting the weather a month from now.

Appaholic
March 20th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Yeah, I know. xthumbsupx But there is usually a shred of *perceived* truth behind every joke. xeyebrowx

I thought the "shred of perceived truth" would be the drastic inflating of parking prices so our program can compete with the BCS boys? xeyebrowx

AppStFan76
March 20th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Is there any concrete info as to whether or not Wardlow is coming to App? Or is it all still speculation?

WUTNDITWAA
March 20th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I thought the "shred of perceived truth" would be the drastic inflating of parking prices so our program can compete with the BCS boys? xeyebrowx

Or to stay out in front of the FCS boys. Though you want it dead, you just won't let it die, will you. xrotatehx

Appaholic
March 20th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Or to stay out in front of the FCS boys. Though you want it dead, you just won't let it die, will you. xrotatehx

xsmiley_wix

ASU_MBA
March 20th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Not hundreds of thousands. I seem to remember when I lived in TX about 6 years ago I remember reading about the yearly classification of TX (6 man and A-5A I think it was over 800 high schools at the time, and not sure if that included public and private or just public. I would GUESSTIMATE the total number would be in the ballpark 12-15 k public & private HS football teams, about one for every 20-25k residents, with the total number of HS football varsity seniors each season numbering somewhere between 200-300k, with the # of Div I (A and AA) schollies each season around 3500, which would mean roughly one in 60 to 80+ players ultimately getting a scholly (majority straight out of HS, with some juco, prep school, walk ons). Which would only mean an avg of roughly one player from every 3-5 HS teams each season ultimately getting a scholly (with some HS going years or several decades without having a player get one, and some HS powers having multiple players getting Div I schollies just about every year. Just guestimates though.

Those types of #s show why someone saying this guy was the 30th best HS football player at his position is kind of about as accurate as forecasting the weather a month from now.

When I read stuff like this I just have to roll my eyes.

So when do player rankings make sense to you? There are thousands of college players but pro scouts see the need to rank them as well. Sometimes correctly sometimes not.... I think they are somewhat BS but they exist. If he comes to App State then go to the Harrisonburg game and be your own judge about how good he is or is not, maybe he will recover a JMU fumble near the goal line with seconds remaining. Who knows, I mean it has happened before...... xlolx

I-AA Fan
March 20th, 2008, 05:28 PM
We always seem to go round-and-round about transfers. So here is the most common transfer. It is an undergraduate transferring from a IA (FBS) school to a I-AA (FCS) school.

The NCAA calls this a 4-4 Transfer, or specifically a 4-4-I transfer. That is, a person transferring from one 4-year DI school to another. Here are the basics:

Any person making this type of transfer MUST sit out one (1) year of their remaining eligibility. However, he can be granted a one-time transfer exception that would mean he would NOT have to lose that year of eligibility & could play right away at the new institution. Here is how he can qualify (again, this is only DI 4-year to DI 4-year move):

• You transfer from a Football Bowl Division (formerly Division I-A) school to an NCAA Football Championship Division (formerly Division I-AA) school and have at least two seasons of competition remaining or
• You transfer from an NCAA Football Championship Division (formerly Division I-AA) school that offers athletics scholarships to an NCAA Football Championship Division (formerly Division I-AA) that does not offer athletics scholarships or
• All sports, you were not recruited by your current institution and have never received an athletics scholarship.

This has been modified more recently rule in two ways:
1. They must now have at least two years of eligibility remaining.
2. You can not have been “recruited” by the school you are currently attending. The old rule only stated on “athletic scholarship”, which many schools ‘get around’ (yes Ivy and SWAC) by offering academic or hardship assistance. So, they changed it to be any player that the school recruited for football.

Also, a transfer from a IA school cannot transfer to a non-scholarship I-AA in order to bypass the rule. The rule is specific from IA scholarship to any I-AA.

ericsaid
March 22nd, 2008, 12:35 AM
When I read stuff like this I just have to roll my eyes.

So when do player rankings make sense to you? There are thousands of college players but pro scouts see the need to rank them as well. Sometimes correctly sometimes not.... I think they are somewhat BS but they exist. If he comes to App State then go to the Harrisonburg game and be your own judge about how good he is or is not, maybe he will recover a JMU fumble near the goal line with seconds remaining. Who knows, I mean it has happened before...... xlolx

We still wonxrulesx xthumbsupx

ASU88
March 22nd, 2008, 06:38 AM

The weather one month from now will be warmer.

neersnbeers
March 22nd, 2008, 08:41 AM
The weather one month from now will be warmer.

Yes sir it will......it willxrolleyesx

rudy1648
March 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
You can hope that if a transfer is a problem on the team, the current players would handle the situitation among themselves. The players who have been in the program and know what it is like need to let a transfer know that any kinds of problems are not going to be tolerated. Police themselves. Current players know what kind of program they want, and nip a bad apple in the bud,,,as Barney used to say.

SideLine Shooter
March 22nd, 2008, 10:29 AM
Maybe getting away from the thugs at UT will keep the young man in line.

Again, You make sense. This can be true in more places than just ASU. GSU has had their share of transfers. It either works or it doesn't.:)

Appinator
March 22nd, 2008, 10:44 AM
Board on a Saturday morning, waiting to watch CBB, I went to some Tennessee message boards to see if there had been any facts posted about this. Most of it was still speculation, but there was one big distinction that was evident.

Most people had great respect for our program, noting that they didn't blame him for leaving to go win (possible) national championships at a perennial contender, rather than sitting on the bench for a possible SEC East title. For the most part, they've got a good set of level heads over there at UT. Which cannot be said of the insanity that gets posted by LSU fans and the like on their boards.

I hope this kid comes in, makes the best out of his second chance and helps us knock those ***** eating grins off of every LSU fans face. Boone will be a buddhist commune compared to Knoxville for this kid, and he won't completely lose a shot at going to the NFL either. Transferring to App (or any other FCS contender for that matter) would be the best decision this kid will have made in a long time. Now if he can only get his act together for Jerry Moore and Co....

SideLine Shooter
March 22nd, 2008, 10:51 AM
Board on a Saturday morning, waiting to watch CBB, I went to some Tennessee message boards to see if there had been any facts posted about this. Most of it was still speculation, but there was one big distinction that was evident.

Most people had great respect for our program, noting that they didn't blame him for leaving to go win (possible) national championships at a perennial contender, rather than sitting on the bench for a possible SEC East title. For the most part, they've got a good set of level heads over there at UT. Which cannot be said of the insanity that gets posted by LSU fans and the like on their boards.

I hope this kid comes in, makes the best out of his second chance and helps us knock those ***** eating grins off of every LSU fans face. Boone will be a buddhist commune compared to Knoxville for this kid, and he won't completely lose a shot at going to the NFL either. Transferring to App (or any other FCS contender for that matter) would be the best decision this kid will have made in a long time. Now if he can only get his act together for Jerry Moore and Co....

You make some real good points. I have seen too many excellent High School athletes that have been highly recruited by the big schools that never play or contribute at that level. They could have gone to an FCS school and made an impact. They could have been a standout as they were in H.S. They could have done so much more but they thought they had to be at an FBS program.

If you are that good the NFL will find you where ever you are!!!xsmiley_wix

soweagle
March 23rd, 2008, 08:29 PM
Again, You make sense. This can be true in more places than just ASU. GSU has had their share of transfers. It either works or it doesn't.:)

Thats why our momma's always paid attention to who we "hung out" with growing up. They new how easily persuaded to do wrong we could be by the wrong crowd. I know that carrried over from home life to college life for me but I did not have my mother there to straighten me out. It took me about mid way through my sophmore year to realize I had a few friends that I needed to distance myself from before I got into trouble. Maybe this young man needs a change of scenery but kept on a short leash.