PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Billy Joe

Hoyadestroya85
March 16th, 2008, 12:33 AM
I think he went to a pretty good school...

ngineer
March 16th, 2008, 01:44 PM
I think he went to a pretty good school...

Could you elucidate? No link or story. Where's Billy Joe going other than the Tallahatchik Bridge?

Hoyadestroya85
March 16th, 2008, 02:15 PM
oh MEAC hall of fame.. i thought i posted the link.. oops
here it is http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=famu-coach-billy-joe-inducted-in-meac-ha&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

ngineer
March 16th, 2008, 10:25 PM
oh MEAC hall of fame.. i thought i posted the link.. oops
here it is http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=famu-coach-billy-joe-inducted-in-meac-ha&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Thanks. Joe was a heck of a player. Saw him play in high school. He went to Coatesville, PA. I played against his brother Jimmy, who was no slouch either.

mikebigg
April 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks. Joe was a heck of a player. Saw him play in high school. He went to Coatesville, PA. I played against his brother Jimmy, who was no slouch either.

Jimmy Joe ... man that just doesn't seem like enuff of a name. See in the South, we all have two first names. Hardly anyone in my home town calls me by just my first name. It's as though it's not me if they don't call both!xlolx

ngineer
April 2nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Jimmy Joe ... man that just doesn't seem like enuff of a name. See in the South, we all have two first names. Hardly anyone in my home town calls me by just my first name. It's as though it's not me if they don't call both!xlolx

Know what you mean...but the Joes were from Pennsylvania. There was an even younger brother named, Abel. Another brute of a running back. Jimmy went to Morgan State and Abel, I think, went to Cheyney.

Big Dawg
April 3rd, 2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah I miss those Billy Joe days...pounding teams by 30+ points every week.

blackcaesar3k5
April 3rd, 2008, 03:01 AM
I miss the Billy Joe days too.. when the Mighty Marauders of Central State were beating teams by 40 points every week..

AshevilleApp2
April 3rd, 2008, 07:21 AM
Yeah I miss those Billy Joe days...pounding teams by 30+ points every week.

I remember ya'll putting an a@# whipping on us in Boone in the first round of the 1999 playoffs. FAMU used a no huddle, one running back four wide receiver offense. It's a shame that didn't catch on. xsmiley_wix

813Jag
April 3rd, 2008, 07:46 AM
I remember ya'll putting an a@# whipping on us in Boone in the first round of the 1999 playoffs. FAMU used a no huddle, one running back four wide receiver offense. It's a shame that didn't catch on. xsmiley_wix
That beating they gave your team could hold a candle to the 65-18 thrashing they gave our undeafeted (at the time) team in 1999. xnonono2x

AshevilleApp2
April 3rd, 2008, 08:02 AM
That beating they gave your team could hold a candle to the 65-18 thrashing they gave our undeafeted (at the time) team in 1999. xnonono2x

It was brutal. I don't recall the name of their quarterback, but I thought he had a chance to play professionally based on that game. Our defense was geared to option running attacks and just looked confused.

813Jag
April 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
It was brutal. I don't recall the name of their quarterback, but I thought he had a chance to play professionally based on that game. Our defense was geared to option running attacks and just looked confused.
I think Quinn Gray was the QB at the time.

Big Dawg
April 3rd, 2008, 11:08 AM

JaJuan Seider was the QB in 1999...JaJuan wrecked havoc throughout the 1999 playoffs...against Youngstown State, Billy Joe took him out and Quinn Gray threw an interception that led to YSU's game winning drive in the semi finals.

813Jag
April 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
JaJuan Seider was the QB in 1999...JaJuan wrecked havoc throughout the 1999 playoffs...against Youngstown State, Billy Joe took him out and Quinn Gray threw an interception that led to YSU's game winning drive in the semi finals.
I couldn't think of who was between Bonner and Gray. I didn't think Gray played against us, but it really didn't matter who the QB was in that game. xnonono2x

terrierbob
April 3rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
What's Mr. Seider doing now?

HIU 93
April 3rd, 2008, 01:52 PM
What's Mr. Seider doing now?

He tooled around the league for a while as a practice squad/3rd string QB, but I don't know where he is now. I remember when Coach Joe took him out. I was watching the game and I literally remember screamimg "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!!!!!!!!!

Hoyadestroya85
April 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Seider was a 6th round pick by the chargers in 2000

mikebigg
April 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
Billy Joe was a beast with Central State...Eddie Rob couldn't get that win against those dudes in the few matchups we had. Doug exacted some revenge for us in the CCC classic one year when the Rattlers were heavy favorites. Ain't been able to get a game since...xlolx

Big Dawg
April 3rd, 2008, 05:33 PM
Billy Joe was a beast with Central State...Eddie Rob couldn't get that win against those dudes in the few matchups we had. Doug exacted some revenge for us in the CCC classic one year when the Rattlers were heavy favorites. Ain't been able to get a game since...xlolx

I remember when our running back O.J. Marchbanks fumbled going into the end zone and Grambling recovered on the 1 yard line...the next play I believe Scotty Anderson took off for a 99 yard TD...Final Score GSU 12 FAMU 10

813Jag
April 3rd, 2008, 05:35 PM
I remember when our running back O.J. Marchbanks fumbled going into the end zone and Grambling recovered on the 1 yard line...the next play I believe Scotty Anderson took off for a 99 yard TD...Final Score GSU 12 FAMU 10
Scottie Anderson, I love that guy. I'm going to name my first born after him. xlolx Bayou Classic '99. xlolx xlolx