PDA

View Full Version : CN8 likes I-AA

ChickenMan
September 30th, 2005, 07:48 AM
It's not the traditional college-football heartland, not the place where 100,000-plus fill grand old stadiums to watch storied teams clash.

But the northeastern United States is home to a lot of good Division I-AA football programs, and Jon Gurevitch thinks that they play well enough to attract a significant regional television audience.

"There is competitive football played in this area and a solid audience of football fans and alumni who want to see these games," said Gurevitch, vice president of sports for CN8.

In an effort to turn some of those fans into viewers, CN8 - a subsidiary of Comcast that reaches 7.1 million households in nine states on the East Coast - is televising 21 college games this fall.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/12777681.htm

Hansel
September 30th, 2005, 08:03 AM
IAA fans like CN8, a great place to watch IAA on the web :)

DTSpider
September 30th, 2005, 08:13 AM
We get that channel in Richmond now. Combined with Comcast sportsnet we get at least one A10 game every weekend and often two.

Eaglegus2
September 30th, 2005, 08:14 AM
I live in Georgia and plan to watch the UNH v. Villinova game this Saturday.

Thanks CN8.

89Hen
September 30th, 2005, 08:21 AM
We get that channel in Richmond now. Combined with Comcast sportsnet we get at least one A10 game every weekend and often two.
GD, MF, SOB, WTF! How is it that my COMCAST cable does not carry this channel?!?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Blue Hen Nation
September 30th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Earlier this season I caught Georgia Southern v. Northeastern game on CN8 - great stuff!

Oh, and these guys like it too...

blukeys
September 30th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Earlier this season I caught Georgia Southern v. Northeastern game on CN8 - great stuff!

That is was. I also taped the Nova-Penn game and Delaware Lehigh game. Unfortuantely last weekend I watched WMU and Temple. UGLY!!!! :(

89Hen
September 30th, 2005, 09:06 AM
College Football

Features 14 live match-ups between top teams from the Atlantic 10 and the Ivy League

Games each Saturday through November 27

Line-up includes the best I-AA teams on the East Coast -- defending I-AA national champion Delaware, Ivy League champion Penn, Villanova, Harvard, Yale, UMass, Northeastern, and others. And the revitalized Navy football team is on the schedule twice.

:bawling: :bawling: :mad: :bang:

I send Comcast e-mails regularly and never get a response. I'm sure if I did, it would be some bull**** about 'local markets' and 'restrictions'.... bull. If they can have it in Philly, DE, Harrisburg, Baltimore, Richmond... SMFH.

Blue Hen Nation
September 30th, 2005, 09:08 AM

If there's a match up your dying to see, I'd be happy to tape it for you. Let me know.

RadMann
September 30th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I don't even have Comcast but my cable provider in the Lehigh Valley often gets the feed from CN8 games so I see quite a few of them. Then there is also the web.

Chi Panther
September 30th, 2005, 12:44 PM

Blue Hen Nation.....that is an awesome photo!!!!

eaglesrthe1
September 30th, 2005, 12:52 PM
College Football

Features 14 live match-ups between top teams from the Atlantic 10 and the Ivy League

Games each Saturday through November 27

Line-up includes the best I-AA teams on the East Coast -- defending I-AA national champion Delaware, Ivy League champion Penn, Villanova, Harvard, Yale, UMass, Northeastern, and others. And the revitalized Navy football team is on the schedule twice.

:bawling: :bawling: :mad: :bang:

I send Comcast e-mails regularly and never get a response. I'm sure if I did, it would be some bull**** about 'local markets' and 'restrictions'.... bull. If they can have it in Philly, DE, Harrisburg, Baltimore, Richmond... SMFH.

That's probably news to JMU and Harvard.