PDA

View Full Version : Patsy (Recruiting) Ratings - Bucknell

Lehigh Football Nation
March 14th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Oh carney?

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=bucknell-football-recruiting-class-annou&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Please have at it...

carney2
March 14th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Sorry 'bout that. I've been frittering away the hours on my day job.

I'll get back to you.

colorless raider
March 14th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Carney2. That's some gall to say you are working on a day job when we have the Bison to analyze.

MDFAN
March 14th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I feel so........irrelevant xbangx

breezy
March 14th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Hey, give the guy a break. He needs time to check out each of the recruits in order to come up with his tally.

PS -- It's nothing but a hunch, but I'm looking for the Holy Cross list to come out next week.

Ken_Z
March 14th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Hey, give the guy a break.

never.

I feel so........irrelevant xbangx

just be glad we actually have some recruits. enjoy that until carney rates them at the bottom of the PL barrel.

carney2
March 14th, 2008, 06:48 PM
BUCKNELL TOTAL = 53

QUALITY = 15: Overall, 7 (28%) were rated by Rivals and/or Scout. No recruits received any stars from Rivals and 5 received 1 star from Scout. Last year, 8 (27%) of the recruits were rated.

CLASS SIZE = 5: 25 recruits.

DISTRIBUTION = 8: No TE was recruited.

SPEED = 8: Three recruits earned speed points based on the limited information available.

TRIGGER = 2: Two of the three QB recruits received 1 star from Scout. Surprisingly, another recruit who is listed as a DB received 1 star from Scout as a QB.

JUMBO =7: 3 of the 6 OL recruits were 275 or greater, and 4 of the 5 DL recruits were 250 or greater.

NEEDS = 8:

Offensive Line = 3 (of 5): As noted, 3 OL recruits came in at 275 or more and 2 were rated (no stars), but one of the rated players is listed at only 245.
Defensive Line = 2 (of 4): 4 of the 5 DL recruits weigh 250 or more. Only one is rated (1 star), but he is listed at 235.
Quarterback = 3 (of 3): 3 recruits; 2 rated.

The mandatory 10 point reduction for any school that would accept, let alone graduate, a KenZ has been waived for this year only. It is felt that the Buffalo community has suffered enough with the performance of this year's hoops crew.

Results with 4 precincts reporting:

1. Lehigh 74
2. Fordham 71
3. Lafayette 58
4. Bucknell 53

ngineer
March 14th, 2008, 08:16 PM
BUCKNELL TOTAL = 53

QUALITY = 15: Overall, 7 (28%) were rated by Rivals and/or Scout. No recruits received any stars from Rivals and 5 received 1 star from Scout. Last year, 8 (27%) of the recruits were rated.

CLASS SIZE = 5: 25 recruits.

SPEED = 8: Three recruits earned speed points based on the limited information available.

TRIGGER = 2: Two of the three QB recruits received 1 star from Scout. Surprisingly, another recruit who is listed as a DB received 1 star from Scout as a QB.

JUMBO =7: 3 of the 6 OL recruits were 275 or greater, and 4 of the 5 DL recruits were 250 or greater.

NEEDS = 8:

Offensive Line = 3 (of 5): As noted, 3 OL recruits came in at 275 or more and 2 were rated (no stars), but one of the rated players is listed at only 245.
Defensive Line = 2 (of 4): 4 of the 5 DL recruits weigh 250 or more. Only one is rated (1 star), but he is listed at 235.
Quarterback = 3 (of 3): 3 recruits; 2 rated.

The mandatory 10 point reduction for any school that would accept, let alone graduate, a KenZ has been waived for this year only. It is felt that the Buffalo community has suffered enough with the performance of this year's hoops crew.

Results with 4 precincts reporting:

1. Lehigh 74
2. Fordham 71
3. Lafayette 58
4. Bucknell 53

Watch yourself Carney...I do believe it is BISON...you could be on the receiving end of some 'chips'..;) :D

bison137
March 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM

Bucknell doesn't use a TE much in the triple option, so that is not a big deal. Their normal starting lineup has 3 RB's and 2 WR's.

It's way too early to judge, but I wouldn't have minded a few more linemen with some sort of ranking however. At least the four needs I set down a few months ago were met: (1) a bunch of OL; (2) some DL; (3) QB's; and (4) kickers.

carney2
March 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Watch yourself Carney...I do believe it is BISON...you could be on the receiving end of some 'chips'..;) :D

Let the chips fall where they may.