PDA

View Full Version : NDSU at SHSU in 2009?

MplsBison
March 13th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Can anyone confirm that this game is signed sealed and delivered beyond reasonable doubt?

NDSU gave SHSU 50k to come up to Fargo for a game in 2007.

That doesn't seem to warrant a return trip to Huntsville, IMO, considering that SFA came up to Fargo on their own dime in 07 after NDSU went down to Nacogdoches in 06.

It's important that NDSU gives its loyal fans 6 home games a year. And with NDSU slated to play at Iowa State in 09, having to also go down to Huntsville would ruin that plan.

TexasTerror
March 13th, 2008, 10:51 AM
It was a home-and-home...

I believe the In-Forum had a specific date too (can't confirm it) and no one from SHSU athletics who posts on KatFans.com ever denied that NDSU was coming to Huntsville...though sometimes they are quiet when it comes to specifics with scheduling.

We also have Western Illinois coming to Huntsville...

da_Bison
March 13th, 2008, 10:58 AM
this was posted recently on the Bison Media Blog.......

So if you're looking ahead, this is who the Bison have in 2009:

Sept. 5: at Iowa State. Sept. 19: at Sam Houston. Sept. 26: at Southern Illinois. Oct. 3: vs. Illinois State. Oct. 10: vs. Northern Iowa. Oct. 17: at SDSU. Oct. 24: vs. Missouri State. Oct. 31: at Western Illinois. Nov. 14: at Indiana State. Nov. 21: vs. Youngstown State.

That's 10 games under contract, according to Gene Taylor. He has a verbal for an 11th, which I presume is Georgia Southern, which owes a return trip to Fargo as part of a home-and-home contract.

FargoBison
March 13th, 2008, 11:01 AM
It is a home and home, I think the deal was that NDSU paid for SHSU's traveling expenses and the favor will be returned when NDSU comes to SHSU.

Also 6 home games are ideal but it is not a must.

Go Bison
March 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
NDSU will be fine with 5 home games for 2009. I am a season ticket holder and I understand the situation. It just means I need to travel to Iowa State and go to that game instead of a home game at Fargo. NDSU should and will honor its contract with Sam Houston.

MplsBison
March 13th, 2008, 11:56 AM
If it is true then we need to look at buying Sam Houston out in 2009.

No need at all to play a tough team non conference, let alone away, when we have such a tough conference schedule.

Go Bison
March 13th, 2008, 12:23 PM

No need at all to play a tough team non conference, let alone away, when we have such a tough conference schedule.

I disagree. Sam Houston came up to Fargo and now we need to go down there. That is how home and home agreements work my friend. It is as simple as that.

slostang
March 13th, 2008, 12:56 PM

You would be the first to call out a school if it were to buy out of their contract. I sure you were yelling the loudest when Montana State did.

I am sure NDSU will do the right thing and honor the contract.

MplsBison
March 13th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Sam Houston came up to Fargo and now we need to go down there. That is how home and home agreements work my friend. It is as simple as that.

That's how regular home/homes work, correct.

In a regular home/home, each team travels to the other team's stadium on their own dime. The idea is each team can recoup the cost of travel with the revenue from the home game the other year.

However, we paid Sam Houston to come to Fargo.

That, IMO, justifies us buying out the other game.

Montana State, OTOH, did not pay NDSU to come out to Bozeman in 2005. We were counting on them coming to Fargo in 2006 to recoup that cost.

So they were not justified in buying us out.

Thats how it works out in my mind.

da_Bison
March 13th, 2008, 02:09 PM

Sounds like a pansy way out, Isn't our moto "Bring on the competition"???? I think 99% of Bison fans would disagree with you there Mlps!!

slostang
March 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Montana State, OTOH, did not pay NDSU to come out to Bozeman in 2005. We were counting on them coming to Fargo in 2006 to recoup that cost.
So they were not justified in buying us out.
Thats how it works out in my mind.

Montana State met their obligation to NDSU by "buying out" the return game. Does not make it the right thing to do, just like it wont be if NDSU does it to SHSU.

bisonguy
March 13th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a pansy way out, Isn't our moto "Bring on the competition"???? I think 99% of Bison fans would disagree with you there Mlps!!

More than 99%. xnodx

MplsBison
March 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Montana State met their obligation to NDSU by "buying out" the return game. Does not make it the right thing to do, just like it wont be if NDSU does it to SHSU.

It will be justified, unlike what Montana State did, because NDSU paid SHSU to come to Fargo.

That's the justifying difference.

MplsBison
March 13th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Isn't our moto "Bring on the competition"????

I'm sure the fans want NDSU to play the top 11 ranked teams every season.

A good schedule balances out the desires of the fanbase with the practicality of playing a few "easy" games for the sake of the team's health.

Considering the extremely difficult Gateway schedule, NDSU is more than justified in bringing in 2 middle ranked teams.

BisonBacker
March 13th, 2008, 04:35 PM
NDSU won't be buying out any contract, they will honor the contract. 99% of Bison fans will disagree with you on that one MPLS. SHSU is a great opponent and I'm looking forward to the game down there.

TexasTerror
March 13th, 2008, 05:42 PM
SHSU won't have Bomar unless he is granted a medical redshirt due to health ailments in 2008...

Not sure what kind of Bearkat team we'll have in 2009...

Mpls doesn't seem to usually toot the same horn as others...this game will be a great one! And NDSU will take advantage of the swing to recruit Texas players...

BearsCountry
March 13th, 2008, 05:52 PM
This game was all on the shoulders of ESPN. They wanted Auburn/K-State, K-State had us scheduled for that date. We had to reschedule on the date we were suppose to visit Sam Houston. So we had to buy out our visit to Sam Houston. Then they got hooked up with NDSU. I think the Bison paid them that much bc they needed the home game. ESPN got us two basketball games on their stations, Auburn to visit us in basketball plus K-State upped their payout.

JBB
March 13th, 2008, 05:57 PM
You would be the first to call out a school if it were to buy out of their contract. I sure you were yelling the loudest when Montana State did.

I am sure NDSU will do the right thing and honor the contract.

"Will do the right thing." ?

If there is a buyout clause isn't exercising it doing the right thing?

For a #1 fan you're coming off a little harsh.

MplsBison
March 13th, 2008, 06:06 PM
NDSU won't be buying out any contract, they will honor the contract.

There's a buyout clause in the contract.

So buying them out is still honoring the contract.

I'm just pointing out that since NDSU paid SHSU to come to Fargo in 2007, NDSU is justified in buying the 2009 game out.

That wouldn't have been true if it would've been a regular home/home.

slostang
March 13th, 2008, 06:59 PM
It will be justified, unlike what Montana State did, because NDSU paid SHSU to come to Fargo.

That's the justifying difference.

That was part of the contract that NDSU signed. SHSU will be paying NDSU to travel in 2009.

slostang
March 13th, 2008, 07:05 PM
"Will do the right thing." ?

If there is a buyout clause isn't exercising it doing the right thing?

For a #1 fan you're coming off a little harsh.

I am saying that NDSU is a school that will do the right thing. I think that both Bohl and Taylor are honorable men and the Bison will travel to SHSU in 2009. There is a difference between legal and right. It sounds like 99+% of Bison fans agree.

Go Bison
March 13th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I never understand when someone says buying out an agreement is honoring the contract. If that was the case it would be called a home and buy out contract which would be the same as a guarantee game. If NDSU was out to buy out contracts they would have done that already with Mississippi Valley State last year. I'm sure NDSU will honor the contract like they should and play at SHSU next year.

Peems
March 13th, 2008, 10:51 PM
This coming from MplsBison who assaulted the Griz for doing similar things.

MplsBison
March 14th, 2008, 08:55 AM
SHSU will be paying NDSU to travel in 2009.

False.

The contract was for NDSU to pay SHSU to come to Fargo in 2007 and for NDSU to return to Huntsville in 2009 on its own dime.

Therefore, NDSU is justified in honoring the contract via the buying out the 2009 game.

andy7171
March 14th, 2008, 09:03 AM
You have to admit, MPLS sticks to his guns to the bitter end.

JBB
March 14th, 2008, 09:04 AM
If you sign a contract with a buyout clause you have to consider the fact that the buyout may be exercised. The lower the buyout the more likely it is to be exercised. Nothing wrong with that.

A team that has the chance to buyout cheaply probably will if they can arrange things so they make more money.

A team that hits the road on the front end and can be bought out for the return contest had best pencil it in and keep a contingency plan handy.

Honor isn’t part of this its all business. The buy out clause is used for a reason, Its included and agreed to by all parties.

If its not honorable to use it why would it be included in the contract?

I dont know if we can buyout SHSU. I dont know if we want to. I do know that paying one team travel money for the first date and having that team pay the travel money back for the second is a common practive. NDSU may be getting their $50,000 grand back on the return trip?

Jerbearasu
March 14th, 2008, 02:59 PM
this was posted recently on the Bison Media Blog.......

So if you're looking ahead, this is who the Bison have in 2009:

Sept. 5: at Iowa State. Sept. 19: at Sam Houston. Sept. 26: at Southern Illinois. Oct. 3: vs. Illinois State. Oct. 10: vs. Northern Iowa. Oct. 17: at SDSU. Oct. 24: vs. Missouri State. Oct. 31: at Western Illinois. Nov. 14: at Indiana State. Nov. 21: vs. Youngstown State.

That's 10 games under contract, according to Gene Taylor. He has a verbal for an 11th, which I presume is Georgia Southern, which owes a return trip to Fargo as part of a home-and-home contract.

Talk about a killer schedule... OOC schedule consists of SHSU, Iowa State, and GSU. Then having to play the rivalry game against SDSU plus going through the rest of the Gateway. Playoffs will be a tough task with this one!

MplsBison
March 14th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Another reason to doubt it.

With the Gateway schedule being as tough as it is, we really do need those 2 easier games non conference.

Sam Houston is too good. Esp down in the Huntsville heat. Yankees tend to melt.

swaghook
March 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM
With the Gateway schedule being as tough as it is, we really do need those 2 easier games non conference.

xnonono2x

A true Bison fan would never suggest a team is too tough to play.xnonox NDSU is not afraid to play anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our motto is "Bring on the competition" your suggestion that NDSU should back down from a challenge is a slap in the face of the players and other Bison fans.xmadx

slostang
March 14th, 2008, 06:52 PM
If you sign a contract with a buyout clause you have to consider the fact that the buyout may be exercised. The lower the buyout the more likely it is to be exercised. Nothing wrong with that.

A team that has the chance to buyout cheaply probably will if they can arrange things so they make more money.

A team that hits the road on the front end and can be bought out for the return contest had best pencil it in and keep a contingency plan handy.

Honor isn’t part of this its all business. The buy out clause is used for a reason, Its included and agreed to by all parties.

If its not honorable to use it why would it be included in the contract?

I dont know if we can buyout SHSU. I dont know if we want to. I do know that paying one team travel money for the first date and having that team pay the travel money back for the second is a common practive. NDSU may be getting their $50,000 grand back on the return trip?

So will you still be singing the same tune if Georgia Southern buys out of their contract?xwhistlex

MplsBison
March 14th, 2008, 07:19 PM
xnonono2x

A true Bison fan would never suggest a team is too tough to play.xnonox NDSU is not afraid to play anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our motto is "Bring on the competition" your suggestion that NDSU should back down from a challenge is a slap in the face of the players and other Bison fans.xmadx

SHSU isn't too tough to play.

It's a simple matter of the health of the team at the end of the season.

If SHSU and NDSU meet in the playoffs, I welcome the match up!

MplsBison
March 14th, 2008, 07:19 PM
So will you still be singing the same tune if Georgia Southern buys out of their contract?xwhistlex

I can't speak for him, but I would be fine if GSU didn't come up to Fargo in 09 or later.

We need easier games than that with our tough Gateway schedule.

The Sheriff
March 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
xwhistlex

BearsCountry
March 14th, 2008, 07:59 PM
How come I get the feeling that he is trying to stir this up to get a Bison/Sioux game.

MplsBison
March 14th, 2008, 08:33 PM
When UND is in the Gateway, we won't need to worry about it.

Bison05
March 14th, 2008, 10:14 PM
How come I get the feeling that he is trying to stir this up to get a Bison/Sioux game.

This is exactly what he is wishing for. He keeps trying to tell us that there will be a NDSU/UND game in 2009, however with SHSU and GSU, our schedule would be filled. So he is trying to figure out someway to make a hole in the schedule. He just doesn't understand that we wont play UND anytime soon.

swaghook
March 14th, 2008, 11:16 PM
When UND is in the Gateway, we won't need to worry about it.

Probably not in my lifetime.xcoffeex

swaghook
March 14th, 2008, 11:18 PM
SHSU isn't too tough to play.

It's a simple matter of the health of the team at the end of the season.

If SHSU and NDSU meet in the playoffs, I welcome the match up!

Spin won't cut it here.xnonox True Bison fans know that to be the best you need to play the best even during the regular season not just in the play offs.

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Probably not in my lifetime.xcoffeex

You must be about 98.

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Spin won't cut it here.xnonox True Bison fans know that to be the best you need to play the best even during the regular season not just in the play offs.

We are already playing the best.

Look at our Gateway schedule.

I don't care if you don't like it, we're not going to schedule tough teams non conference. Go get a tissue.

swaghook
March 15th, 2008, 09:40 AM
You must be about 98.xrolleyesx

NDSU may play und in about 5 years but I doubt und will be in the Gateway. 9 teams are perfect for a conference and as much as you would love to see your wet dream come true of another team leaving it won't be happening I see the Gateway becoming a very stable conference now.

slostang
March 15th, 2008, 09:57 AM

I don't care if you don't like it, we're not going to schedule tough teams non conference. Go get a tissue.

Since when did you become AD?

swaghook
March 15th, 2008, 10:17 AM

I think the one who needs a tissue is you.xnonox We will be playing those tough OOC games and we may even(brace yourself) LOSE once and a while. Will it hurt? Yes it will hurt to lose but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I think you need to find a new team to be a fan of if you can not fathom Bison Pride and NDSU's willingness to play the best to be the best.

Thundar
March 15th, 2008, 11:26 AM

DING, DING, DING!!

KEEP THE 09' SCHEDULE THE WAY IT IS!!! UND or Georgia Southern at home, umm only a moron would pick (well we all know)!!

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Before we go any further, when did it become forgone fact that Georgia Southern is coming to Fargo in 09?

In reality, I believe GSU had to cancel their return trip to Fargo because the SoCon picked up Samford.

Can a GSU fan confirm this?

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM
as much as you would love to see your wet dream come true of another team leaving it won't be happening I see the Gateway becoming a very stable conference now.

We'll just see about that.

There are as many as 4 teams that I could see leaving within 5 years.

Youngstown, IL St or MO St to FBS and IN St dropping football.

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 11:47 AM
We will be playing those tough OOC games

Then why did we schedule CCSU and APSU in 08?

Doesn't sound like a tough non conference schedule to me.

And that's the way it should be. Our conference schedule is too tough to be playing a 2007 Southern Utah schedule.

X-Factor
March 15th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Before we go any further, when did it become forgone fact that Georgia Southern is coming to Fargo in 09?

In reality, I believe GSU had to cancel their return trip to Fargo because the SoCon picked up Samford.

Can a GSU fan confirm this?

wrong. In reality, GSU had to postpone their 2006 return trip because the SoCon added Samford and they played Samford on that same day. They have stated they will be playing in Fargo sometime in the near future. They didn't guarantee when, but they will be here. This isn't another Montana State deal.

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 12:03 PM
wrong. In reality, GSU had to postpone their 2006 return trip because the SoCon added Samford and they played Samford on that same day. They have stated they will be playing in Fargo sometime in the near future. They didn't guarantee when, but they will be here. This isn't another Montana State deal.

NDSU was in Statesboro in 2006, so you just lost some credibility there.

At any rate, I think I'll wait for confirmation from a GSU fan.

JBB
March 15th, 2008, 02:12 PM

Yea, and you didnt hear me whining when Montana State exercised their buyout either.

A very low buyout is part of the deal if NDSU agrees to 2 consecutive games in Fargo with UND to open the series and 1 future date to be announced in Grand Forks. We were thinking $5 - $10,000 for NDSU to buy out. ;)

swaghook
March 15th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Our conference schedule is too tough to be playing a 2007 Southern Utah schedule.
NDSU is not SUU.xnonono2x NDSU can handle a schedule like SUU had last year and NDSU will do well with it's 2009 schedule with the likes of Iowa St, GSU and SHSU all OOC.xnodx

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Neither SHSU or GSU are confirmed for the 09 schedule. Keep dreaming.

With 4 playoff games, potentially 5 in the coming years, NDSU needs to schedule easier non conference games.

swaghook
March 15th, 2008, 03:34 PM

With 4 playoff games, potentially 5 in the coming years, NDSU needs to schedule easier non conference games.
Don't worry they will be on the 2009 schedule. One I can guarantee will not on the 2009 thru the 2011 schedule is und.

NDSU needs to stop scheduling patsies. Scheduling patsies makes a team weak for the play offs. NDSU will run the gauntlet and come out the other side battle hardened and ready to take on the play off teams in the FCS. Playing patsies makes a team soft and they go down in the first round.

patssle
March 15th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Wow, that is chicken #$%^ no matter who you are playing and any sport.

BisonBacker
March 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding, We have a winner folks.xlolx xnodx

BisonBacker
March 15th, 2008, 03:47 PM

He doesn't represent NDSU fans with comments like that. As a matter of fact I don't know of any NDSU fan that thinks like that. Makes me question who he really backs. xcoffeex

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM
NDSU will run the gauntlet and come out the other side battle hardened and ready to take on the play off teams in the FCS.

The Gateway conference schedule does that by itself.

Answer me this: before you go to battle, do you stab yourself in the leg to warm up for the likely injuries ahead?

Because that is what you are advocating when you say we need a tough non conference schedule.

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM

Try playing a full Gateway schedule and then your talk might mean something.

swaghook
March 15th, 2008, 04:07 PM

Answer me this: before you go to battle, do you stab yourself in the leg to warm up for the likely injuries ahead?

Because that is what you are advocating when you say we need a tough non conference schedule.

Going a little bit far with that one aren't you?xrolleyesx

Injuries can happen even against patsies. They are a part of football. I would rather see stiff competition and the backups getting reps against better teams then having our starters sitting for half a game and our back ups learning to beat the patsies because that will not cut it against real competition.

swaghook
March 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Try playing a full Gateway schedule and then your talk might mean something.NDSU has yet to play a full Gateway schedule so you have no right to talk crap like that.xnonox

bisonguy
March 15th, 2008, 05:13 PM

WTF? We're not talking about Northern Colorado here.

A better parallel would be how you'd train in the weight room before the season- do you load the bar up with 45's, or sit back with a pair of pink dumbbells?

Bring on the competition......

BisonBacker
March 15th, 2008, 05:55 PM
HAHA you stole my line. You get rep for that post!!!

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I would rather see stiff competition and the backups getting reps against better teams then having our starters sitting for half a game and our back ups learning to beat the patsies because that will not cut it against real competition.

You know that won't happen with Bohl.

Starters will be in well into the 4th qtr. even if we're up 60-0.

Going through the hell that is the Gateway conference schedule AND going out to Wyoming is asking plenty of our guys.

No reason not to reward them with two easy games in front of the home crowd.

swaghook
March 15th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Bohl subs linemen all the time. Of course postions like QB are not subbed during the game.

JohnStOnge
March 15th, 2008, 07:59 PM

Unless you're playing teams that are so weak relative to yours that you're going to be benching the starters early, I don't think playing weak opponents decreases your likelihood of injury from what it'd be playing tough opponents. Besides, Sam Houston has not typically been that tough. I think it's more like a reasonably solid opponent that can give a good idea of where you are.

I say that because it's a program that has made the playoffs four times in history while playing in a conference that has, in recent times, typically been the 6th or 7th strongest in I-AA/FCS. Sam Houston's record over the past 10 seasons is 59 - 55; 32 - 30 in conference play. Again, that's while playing in a conference that's been, depending how you look at it, at the lower end of the top tier or the upper end of the second tier among I-AA/FCS leagues. It's not like scheduling a Delaware or UMass.

There are no guarantees. I mean, when you schedule someone two years out it could turn out to be one of their best teams in history. But if you play the odds I think what you're talking about is a reasonably solid opponent but not too much to chew.

swaghook
March 15th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Unless you're playing teams that are so weak relative to yours that you're going to be benching the starters early, I don't think playing weak opponents decreases your likelihood of injury from what it'd be playing tough opponents. Besides, Sam Houston has not typically been that tough. I think it's more like a reasonably solid opponent that can give a good idea of where you are.

I say that because it's a program that has made the playoffs four times in history while playing in a conference that has, in recent times, typically been the 6th or 7th strongest in I-AA/FCS. Sam Houston's record over the past 10 seasons is 59 - 55. Again, that's while playing in a conference that's been, depending how you look at it, at the lower end of the top tier or the upper end of the second tier among I-AA/FCS leagues. It's not like scheduling a Delaware or UMass.

There are no guarantees. I mean, when you schedule someone two years out it could turn out to be one of their best teams in history. But if you play the odds I think what you're talking about is a reasonably solid opponent but not too much to chew.

We are talking Mplsbison here. He would rather NDSU play a D-II school or non-scholly D-I then to play any team that might have a shot at winning against us.

MplsBison
March 15th, 2008, 08:24 PM
It's not so much the strength of SHSU that's the deal breaker.

We need to be giving out fans 6 home games every season.

TexasTerror
March 15th, 2008, 08:39 PM
MplsBison...go cry me a river!

Everyone wants six home games, but every one in five or six seasons, if you don't get it -- it's not the end of the world!

If you really want to buy us out, go schedule Texas College. They may need help after Texas Southern bails out of a road trip to visit them. A strong NAIA school...

swaghook
March 15th, 2008, 08:42 PM
It's not so much the strength of SHSU that's the deal breaker.

We need to be giving out fans 6 home games every season.
You can't be changing your arguement mid stream. Youv'e been pissing and moaning about them being too strong for OOC. Your just grasping at straws now.xrolleyesx

TheBisonator
March 16th, 2008, 01:29 AM

Yeah, let's do the Western Illinois thing and schedule a couple NAIA schools to start out the year. Maybe Maranatha Baptist and Brown College. Does that sound good to you, Mpls??

BTW, Mpls, are you a mental patient?? The Mpls in your username must mean you're holed up in the loony ward at Abbott Northwestern Hospital. Seriously, you're arguing like a mental person. Honestly. Quit it. Stop. Please. Now. Quit. Now. We don't want to hear your arguments anymore. Yes we know, you want NDSU to play UND and you want UND in our conference. Quit creating side arguments by proxy to fulfill your little desires. We know what your agenda is. So PLEASE cut it out.

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE. I cannot TAKE IT anymore!!!!xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx

BearsCountry
March 16th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Try playing a full Gateway schedule and then your talk might mean something.

Been there done that and we played Sam Houston State. Beat their best team they had in awhile and we were the 7th place Gateway team in one heck of a game. Shame that hurricane forced us out and ESPN wanted K-State and Auburn to play.

MplsBison
March 16th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Everyone wants six home games, but every one in five or six seasons, if you don't get it -- it's not the end of the world!

But we actually have the resources to do it. Every season.

Sorry if SHSU can't afford to pay mid ranked NEC and OVC teams 50-100k to come to Huntsville for one game.

NDSU can.

MplsBison
March 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM
You can't be changing your arguement mid stream. Youv'e been pissing and moaning about them being too strong for OOC. Your just grasping at straws now.xrolleyesx

From my original post (which is still there, unedited, at the top of the thread):

It's important that NDSU gives its loyal fans 6 home games a year. And with NDSU slated to play at Iowa State in 09, having to also go down to Huntsville would ruin that plan.

My original argument has always been that NDSU needs to have 6 home games every season.

MplsBison
March 16th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah, let's do the Western Illinois thing and schedule a couple NAIA schools to start out the year. Maybe Maranatha Baptist and Brown College. Does that sound good to you, Mpls??

I was thinking more like paying scholarship FCS programs, such as Central Connecticut State and Austin Peay State, 50-100k to come to Fargo for one game.

2 of those every season to go along with 4 Gateway home games sounds great to me.

MplsBison
March 16th, 2008, 09:45 AM
Been there done that and we played Sam Houston State. Beat their best team they had in awhile and we were the 7th place Gateway team in one heck of a game. Shame that hurricane forced us out and ESPN wanted K-State and Auburn to play.

Good for you guys.

That's one approach you can take: sign traditional home/home contracts with other top tier FCS programs and not have to pay them a guarantee to come to Springfield.

Of course that means you have 6 home games one season and 5 home games the next season.

Or you can take NDSU's approach (if you can afford it): pay mid tier FCS programs a guarantee and have 6 home games every season.

Bison05
March 16th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Good for you guys.

That's one approach you can take: sign traditional home/home contracts with other top tier FCS programs and not have to pay them a guarantee to come to Springfield.

Of course that means you have 6 home games one season and 5 home games the next season.

Or you can take MY approach (if you can afford it): pay mid tier FCS programs a guarantee and have 6 home games every season.

Fixed it for you. You definitely do not speak for Gene Taylor. Man I wish you would actually change your name to MplsSoiux.

JBB
March 16th, 2008, 01:33 PM
This season we got lucky and were able to set up the 6 home games. Wyoming was a fortunate add-on. Could draw a lot of BISON fans. I plan to be there.

Last year we only had 5 but the Gopher game drew NDSU fans like a home game.

Next season we will have 5 again. The 5th could be GSU or maybe a new opponent. Iowa State might get treated like a home game as was the Gophers. I plan to be there.

Even though Gene Taylor says he would like 6 home games and an FBS on the road he did say it would be tough to do. I guess 1 out of three aint bad?

MplsBison
March 16th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Stop pretending that SHSU is a foregone conclusion.

It's anything but.

JBB
March 16th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I dont know what you are talking about, but I didnt mention SHSU. I was going by the published schedules as they are now. SHSU isnt on any of them as far as I can see.

My point was even though we like the 6 home games, looking at 3 years, starting last year, it looks like it will happen only once.

MplsBison
March 16th, 2008, 03:24 PM
We're out of transition now. We have the resources to buy games.

Anything less than 6 home games should be a dissapointment.

JBB
March 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM
We could still get six next season but it looks like 5. I guess you are looking at a disappointment?

MplsBison
March 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
We have 6 home games next season.

In 09 I'm hoping for 6.

JBB
March 16th, 2008, 03:52 PM
My bad, I was talking about 2009 as well.

TexasTerror
March 16th, 2008, 08:43 PM
This discussion is not valid any longer...it's all been worked out. ;)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?p=896179