PDA

View Full Version : Maine announces 2008 schedule (finally!)

PapaBear
March 11th, 2008, 05:23 PM
It's hardly news, at this point. But FWIW...

http://goblackbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/main-m-footbl-body.html

PantherRob82
March 11th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Hopefully you guys beat the Hawkeyes. :D

JDC325
March 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Aug. 30...at Iowa...Iowa City, Iowa...TBA

Sept. 6...at Monmouth...West Long Branch, N.J....TBA

Sept. 13...STONY BROOK...Orono, Maine...6 p.m.

Sept. 20...at Richmond*...Richmond, Va....TBA

Sept. 27...JAMES MADISON*...Orono, Maine...6 p.m.

Oct. 4...**OPEN DATE**

Oct. 11...at Delaware*...Newark, Del....6 p.m.

Oct. 18...HOFSTRA*...Orono, Maine...3 p.m.

Oct. 25...NORTHEASTERN* (Homecoming)...Orono, Maine...12 p.m.

Nov. 1...IONA...Orono, Maine...12 p.m.

Nov. 8...at Massachusetts*...Amherst, Mass....TBA

Nov. 15...at Rhode Island*...Kingston, R.I....TBA

Nov. 22...NEW HAMPSHIRE*...Orono, Maine...12 p.m.

The Sheriff
March 11th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Here's to hoping for a football/hockey double header between our schools some fall day in the not too distant future...

Seawolf97
March 11th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Good looking schedule !

crunifan
March 12th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Please, please, please beat the Hawkeyes!

bluehenbillk
March 12th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Maine is actually playing 12 games, good job. Going to Monmouth, that's an interesting one.

PapaBear
March 12th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Maine is actually playing 12 games, good job. Going to Monmouth, that's an interesting one.

It's a home-away arrangement. We had them in Orono last year.

Looks like the New-ARK affair will be at night. Very cool. It was originally scheduled for 1:00, I believe.

What's the Visitor Tailgating arrangement there?

danefan
March 12th, 2008, 09:13 AM

Looks like the New-ARK affair will be at night. Very cool. It was originally scheduled for 1:00, I believe.

The tailgating at Monmouth it is usually pretty good. I actually remember playing there a few years ago and coming out from the locker room after the game to a parking lot absolutely filled to the brim with students (had to be at least 5,000 students). They had a DJ on one side and a band on the other end. Looked like fun. I don't know if it is still the same now though.

AshevilleApp2
March 12th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Nice schedule. Good luck. Please don't come to Boone and beat us in overtime again.

dgreco
March 12th, 2008, 09:35 AM
nice schedule.

PapaBear
March 12th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Nice schedule. Good luck. Please don't come to Boone and beat us in overtime again.

It would be a thrill to come to Boone, because that would mean we had advanced far into the playoffs.xnodx

bluehenbillk
March 12th, 2008, 12:18 PM

There is no designated visitor tailgating, it's just all tailgating for basically as far as you can see. General parking is right in front of the Bob Carpenter Center, by the Ice Arena or wherever you can find it.

NorCalJack
March 12th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Good luck in the Iowa game on August 30th. SDSU plays Iowa St. on August 28th. Here is to an FCS sweep of the Iowa schools that weekend.xthumbsupx

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

AshevilleApp2
March 12th, 2008, 12:26 PM
It would be a thrill to come to Boone, because that would mean we had advanced far into the playoffs.xnodx

Ya'll were the last team to beat us in the playoffs. I don't want to re-experience that pain.

yorkcountyUNHfan
March 12th, 2008, 12:27 PM

In my opinion it's the best tailgating in the CAA

JMG1MON
March 12th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Dane, which game was that?? May have been a homecoming game (in '01 you were almost definitely our homecoming game). The DJ is usually the radio station. They have a setup every home game outside our gym near the parking lot.

danefan
March 12th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Dane, which game was that?? May have been a homecoming game (in '01 you were almost definitely our homecoming game). The DJ is usually the radio station. They have a setup every home game outside our gym near the parking lot.

Probably 01. I don't think it was 03. 03 was the dreadful 10-7 loss...xnonono2x

RageAwakening
March 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM
mmm Maine...xsmiley_wix