PDA

View Full Version : Illinois St vs Mizzou 2007

ISUMatt
September 28th, 2005, 05:37 PM
With a game at Iowa State to open this season and an opener at Kansas State in 2006, the Illinois State football team will face a member of the Big 12 for the third straight season after announcing a one-year deal to play at Division I-A Missouri on September 22, 2007.

"Well we're really excited about having the opportunity to play a third Big 12 team in three years," head coach Denver Johnson said. "I'm pleased that Dr. (Sheahon) Zenger has locked that down for us and given us the opportunity to go play in Columbia and have a great ballgame with another D-1A opponent. We've played well the past couple of years against those types of opponents and we hope the trend continues in the future."

The contest will be the first ever gridiron meeting between the Redbirds and the Tigers, who owns a 2-1 record this season. The 2007 season will mark the 13th straight season in which the Redbirds have faced a I-A opponent, including three Big Ten teams in 2002, 2003 and 2004.

"These games against good D-IA programs really help in our goal to tke this program to another level," Johnson added. "As we aspire to grow and elevate our program, the high-profile games will give us great experience and exposure. Plus, our kids have really come to enjoy playing these games in great venues and in front of great crowds. It gives them a chance to prove to themselves that they can play and compete at that level. We're just really excited about this announcement."

Illinois State will look for another home non-conference home opponent to play on Sept. 1, 2007, in Hancock Stadium.

poharry
September 28th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Good way to get some cash. I believe when WIU played them about 4 yrs ago they made between $500,000 and $750,000.

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Heck, I wish Sam would play Illinois State. Get a home-and-home...

Sam already has a home game against Missouri St slated for 2007 and with us having one or two I-A games, probably doubtful with SLC schedule going to seven games...

Chi Panther
September 28th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Good way to get some cash. I believe when WIU played them about 4 yrs ago they made between $500,000 and $750,000.

If accurate....thats a BIG pay day