fcs teams on ncaa09 will only be on ps2 but not on ps3 and xbox

grizband
March 7th, 2008, 12:01 AM
not sure if this has been discussed,,,

Again?!? xoopsx

08Dawg
March 7th, 2008, 07:08 AM
And just when that XBox 360 was looking so tempting....

thmst30
March 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Where did you see this? Not that it matters though, EA's games have sucked for years now and 09 will be 08 with a few more gimmicky features.

Appinator
March 7th, 2008, 08:21 AM
not sure if this has been discussed,,,

I'm not sure where you saw this either...

From what I saw on the website with Monte being available as a Mascot of the Wii game, I would assume that FCS teams would at least be available for that system. If they were going through all the trouble to add the teams to the Wii game, why not the next gen consoles as well?

Do you have a link?

TxSt02
March 7th, 2008, 08:23 AM
i work for a fcs school and I just approved our artwork for ea sports. i asked them what systems this will be on and they said ps2 and not ps3 or xbox 360 this year...

i didnt ask him about the wii though...

Appinator
March 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM
i work for a fcs school and I just approved our artwork for ea sports. i asked them what systems this will be on and they said ps2 and not ps3 or xbox 360 this year...

i didnt ask him about the wii though...

Do ps2's even exist any more? I thought they went out of style with MC Hammer pants and fanny packs. This is lame and I hope it's not true. Not to question your credibility again, it just kind ruins any anticipation of the game.

lizrdgizrd
March 7th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Do ps2's even exist any more? I thought they went out of style with MC Hammer pants and fanny packs. This is lame and I hope it's not true. Not to question your credibility again, it just kind ruins any anticipation of the game.
HEY! I have a PS2 still. xmadx

Of course I have no time to play now that I'm on AGS. :o

813Jag
March 7th, 2008, 11:10 AM
HEY! I have a PS2 still. xmadx

Of course I have no time to play now that I'm on AGS. :o
Me too! xlolx

already123
March 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM
the only reason they do it is because of the dynasty features theybchanged for the ps3 and 360....those who have played it know what i am talkin about. It would be extremely difficult for them to have fcs teams with that format

grizband
March 7th, 2008, 01:04 PM
the only reason they do it is because of the dynasty features theybchanged for the ps3 and 360....those who have played it know what i am talkin about. It would be extremely difficult for them to have fcs teams with that format
I haven't played NCAA on the 360 or PS3, how does the dynasty feature differ from the PS2?

Appinator
March 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I haven't played NCAA on the 360 or PS3, how does the dynasty feature differ from the PS2?

I'm not really sure that it differs too much, the last ps2 version I played had you insert your FCS team into a conference and run the dynasty from there. You could go through an FCS playoff season or anything. However, if you preformed well in your conference after a few seasons you got invited into a better conference and your program prestige increased.

TheValleyRaider
March 7th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Of course, when EA Sports means "FCS", they really mean "only 7 of the 8 playoff leagues plus the Ivy and SWAC" xrolleyesx xnonono2x xsmhx xmadx

NoCoDanny
March 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM
And I'm guessing they will still have the FCS rosters and conference affiliations from 2005 because they can't be arsed to update.

already123
March 8th, 2008, 04:42 PM
the difference is basically in the recruiting. Each FBS school has a rating on their conf, academics, tv time, championship contension, etc. which will entice or deter a recruit from going there (depending on how good of a recruiter you are). It would be hard to insert an FCS team to these standards. Try going to the NCAAfootball website...they have a video tour of the game...Im sure they could explain it a lot better than I can. The game also has no CREATE A TEAM feature. That was always one of my favorites...

Peems
March 8th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I will still hold out hope xnodx

thmst30
April 2nd, 2008, 09:27 PM
EA announced their features yesterday, AND........... NO FCS TEAMS AGAIN on the 360 and PS3. No instead they actually spend time on putting mascot games back in, and gave FCS fans the finger. THREE YEARS on the newer consoles and STILL haven't put a single FCS team in the game, even though they were on the PS1 and PS2 and Xbox. Unbelievable. **** EA.

Peems
April 2nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
EA announced their features yesterday, AND........... NO FCS TEAMS AGAIN on the 360 and PS3. No instead they actually spend time on putting mascot games back in, and gave FCS fans the finger. THREE YEARS on the newer consoles and STILL haven't put a single FCS team in the game, even though they were on the PS1 and PS2 and Xbox. Unbelievable. **** EA.

So on the 360 it will say LSU vs. FCS Southeast! Go FCS Southeast!

thmst30
April 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Exactly, the FCS Southeast will be REALLY busy that day. Playing LSU, Georgia, Oklahoma, Penn St, UCF, and more. Hope it wins.

SO ILLmatic
April 3rd, 2008, 11:16 AM
I've seen a story that says they will be on there. This story is for the Wii though, but I assume if the teams are on there they would also be on 360 & PS3.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/860/860467p1.html

Look at the last sentence of the last paragraph of the article.

813Jag
April 3rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
I once lost to that team. :o

Big Dawg
April 3rd, 2008, 11:44 AM
WTF would they bring the mascot games back when so many people wanted them gone...does EA even care about the fans???

JoshUCA
April 3rd, 2008, 11:53 AM
"NCAA Football 09 will feature close to 200 schools from both the FBS and FCS divisions, making it the most authentic college sports gaming experience available for the Nintendo Wii."

So if all 119 FBS schools are on there that is still quite a few FCS schools! Thanks Wii!

Grizzaholic
April 3rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Anybody that purchased a ps3 should get their money back. I did. They claimed to play all ps2 games but about 90 percent of them either don't load or you can pull up the start menu and that is it. I took it back after about a week of bantering back and forth with tech support. Not worth the 450 bucks I spent on it. I will stick with my ps2 and game cube.

raginram
April 3rd, 2008, 02:40 PM

that FCS Southeast can compete I lost to that team but I was Idaho xmadx

thmst30
April 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
The Wii version is a ported PS2 verson. Thats why some FCS teams are on the Wii. Yes you WOULD think that putting the teams on the Wii, that they would be on the PS3 and 360, but they are not. The 360/PS3 use a different engine and different version of the game then the Wii, the Wii/PS2 run on the same engine and version of the game. Thats why the Wii will have them and the supposedly more powerful and superior consoles will not.

thmst30
April 3rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
WTF would they bring the mascot games back when so many people wanted them gone...does EA even care about the fans???No, that question has been answered over and over again by EA themselves.

Stat Boy
April 3rd, 2008, 06:31 PM

xlolx so that's what they do

I was wondering how dynasty mode would work when no FCS teams in the game, even though FBS schools actually play them

Appinator
April 3rd, 2008, 07:10 PM
http://www.pastapadre.com

Go to this link and let the guy know how you feel. He is an EA insider and apparently has some say in the game. An overwhelmingly negative reaction might cause a response.....

thmst30
April 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM

Go to this link and let the guy know how you feel. He is an EA insider and apparently has some say in the game. An overwhelmingly negative reaction might cause a response.....
I saw a comment on that site that cussed EA up and down, but it got removed. xlolx

CatFan22
April 3rd, 2008, 07:41 PM

My complaint is in.

JackTwice
April 3rd, 2008, 08:10 PM
Do ps2's even exist any more? I thought they went out of style with MC Hammer pants and fanny packs.

Nope, that was the original Ninetendo and the Sega Genesis. Got em in my basement still (the systems not the Hammer pants and fanny pack but there might be some pictures somewhere)

:D

leatherneck177
April 4th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I hate that they just ignore FCS teams on xBox 360. It is ridiculous, they are just lazy and don't want to put in the time and effort.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 16th, 2008, 10:53 AM
xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/872/872440p1.html

NCAA Football 09 Progress Report
We tackle new details for on and off the field play.

Finally, we found out a few more details on the technical aspects of the game, such as the fact that the game will include 120 schools, including Western Kentucky because of their recent NCAA division change. NCAA Football 09 will also host a lot of visual upgrades to stadiums to reflect both the new engine as well as remodeling of stadiums, such as Wake Forest's new Deacon Tower. There will also be new stadiums included, such as the University of Idaho's Kibbie Dome.

xsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Once again, I'll be boycotting EA Sports and NCAA football.

xmadx xmadx xmadx

uofmman1122
May 16th, 2008, 11:00 AM
There will also be new stadiums included, such as the University of Idaho's Kibbie Dome.http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t109/Marty_Grant1122/facepalmsy6.jpg

MplsBison
May 16th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I hate that they just ignore FCS teams on xBox 360. It is ridiculous, they are just lazy and don't want to put in the time and effort.

Grown ups have this thing called "money".

I'm sure if it cost of adding another 200 teams to the game were trivial, they would not alienate FCS fans.

Appinator
May 16th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Grown ups have this thing called "money".

I'm sure if it cost of adding another 200 teams to the game were trivial, they would not alienate FCS fans.

Really? Money? What is this you speak of....

Obviously it wasn't a factor before, as FCS teams have been included in the version of the game for the most recent console at the time (in 2002, the PS2 and Xbox both were the top tier consoles and they had FCS teams). From my understanding of how the development of these games works, they are pretty much finished with creating what is actually going to be in the game, and they are just working on QA testing of game play and the operating platform itself. All of the info that we get of "new" features have long been created and, aside for probably some alternate jerseys, are nothing new to their development team.

You would have thought that the Michigan game happened early enough this past season to warrant some discussion of including FCS teams, but apparently not. I would hope that the developers at EA were kicking themselves as further FCS teams "upset" FBS school (i.e. NDSU, NHU, etc.). You wouldn't think that the creation of the schools would be that hard either, as all you have to do is email EA pictures of your jersey, your logo, and they already have the geographical data. They usually have 2-3 default stadiums for FCS, so there is not much effort there. Then lastly, all they have to do is run the previous years stats to give the players some type of simi-accurate rating (availible at NCAA.org). Any stand-out players who are widely known could easily be adjusted as well.

No, I don't think money is that much of a factor. I think it is just plain elitism on EAs part. Even if they wanted to give the excuse that they want to focus on all of the FBS teams to enhance game play and the realism that is experienced, that is taken away every time you have to play "FCS South-East" for your home opener. Just as in economics, monopolies stifle innovation, and that is what EA is, and is doing.

already123
May 16th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I dont kno if this has been answered, but will the rosters even be updated? last time i checked (2007) the rosters hadnt been updated for the past like 3 years. Was the 08 version updated? 09???