PDA

View Full Version : JMU’s Star Tailback Had Knee Surgery

BDKJMU
March 6th, 2008, 03:13 AM
http://www.dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=15410&CHID=3&sub=

whitey
March 6th, 2008, 07:13 AM
While not the greatest news at least it doesn't sound too serious. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

AshevilleApp2
March 6th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Tough break, but it sounds like he'll be full strength for the season. Best of luck.

GannonFan
March 6th, 2008, 02:55 PM
You have to be worried if Holloman will be ready to go full speed come the season though. Coming off of knee injuries like that is never easy, especially for a running back. And Holloman's style is a lot of cutbacks and he needs the knee to be full strength to be effective. That being said, I don't think JMU's run game depends on Holloman anyway, it's the offensive line that matters in that offense. When that offensive line is good, anyone looks good back there, not unlike other teams.

mcveyrl
March 6th, 2008, 02:58 PM
You have to be worried if Holloman will be ready to go full speed come the season though. Coming off of knee injuries like that is never easy, especially for a running back. And Holloman's style is a lot of cutbacks and he needs the knee to be full strength to be effective. That being said, I don't think JMU's run game depends on Holloman anyway, it's the offensive line that matters in that offense. When that offensive line is good, anyone looks good back there, not unlike other teams.

Spot on, there. Last year, save for a fumble, was a good year to be a JMU RB becuase of that line. They're all coming back, so I think the same can be said this year.

GannonFan
March 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Spot on, there. Last year, save for a fumble, was a good year to be a JMU RB becuase of that line. They're all coming back, so I think the same can be said this year.

The JMU RB I always liked was Banks, just because he seemed not to need the line to make the play as much as some of his more heralded colleagues (can't remember the name of that kid who ran wild in the title game against Montana but I thought he got too much praise - who couldn't have run through those holes?). Banks, though, was a gamer who could make nothing out of something. Not a lot of backs can really, truly do that. The times I saw Holloman, and I only saw 3-4 games so it's not an in depth study, he seemed to take what the line gave him and that's it. Having Landers back there makes it even easier on the RB. Holloman or no Holloman next year, I don't think it will make or break JMU.

mcveyrl
March 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM
The JMU RB I always liked was Banks, just because he seemed not to need the line to make the play as much as some of his more heralded colleagues (can't remember the name of that kid who ran wild in the title game against Montana but I thought he got too much praise - who couldn't have run through those holes?). Banks, though, was a gamer who could make nothing out of something. Not a lot of backs can really, truly do that. The times I saw Holloman, and I only saw 3-4 games so it's not an in depth study, he seemed to take what the line gave him and that's it. Having Landers back there makes it even easier on the RB. Holloman or no Holloman next year, I don't think it will make or break JMU.

Maurice Fenner is, I believe, who you're talking about. And I agree with that analysis, Banks was a much better RB.

grizband
March 6th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Answer: nobody. xnonono2x

mcveyrl
March 6th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Answer: nobody. xnonono2x

Oh, I'm sorry, the correct answer was: Montana Defenders...Montana Defenders is what we were looking for...

BDKJMU
March 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Maurice Fenner is, I believe, who you're talking about. And I agree with that analysis, Banks was a much better RB.

Thats why Banks spent a good part of this past NFL season on the Jets practice squad. Don't know if Fenner even tried out professionally anywhere like the CFL, Arena, or Arena2. Problem with both of them is that they were way too injury prone. 04', 05', and 06' both of them missed significant time due to injuries or in Fenner case in 06', suspension for several games.

ericsaid
March 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM
It was only arthroscopic so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Tribe4SF
March 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
It was only arthroscopic so it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Let's hope. Surgery is surgery, and it was only arthroscopic the first time. Anyone who's had knee issues knows it's a dicey business.

ericsaid
March 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Well yeah, but what's done with his knee was done because of the previous injury. He's better off having the surgery if it was already giving him problems.