PDA

View Full Version : Former Cal Poly and Washington Redskins LB Mel Kaufman returns to coach CP's LBs

slostang
March 5th, 2008, 10:37 PM
Former Cal Poly LB Mel Kaufman who help lead Cal Poly to a DII National Championship in 1980 and the Washington Redskins to two World Championship returns to Cal Poly to coach the linebakers. Mel has three Super Bowl rings. Two he received as a LB (XVII and XXII) and one as a scout (XXVI).

Link: http://gopoly.com/index.php?p=sports&tab=news&id=29891&article_id=45861

grizband
March 6th, 2008, 01:00 AM
As if the linebackers at Cal Poly needed to get any better? xsmiley_wix

slostang
March 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
They did not like not getting the Buchanan last year after getting the three previous years and made a big move to help bring it back in 2008. xsmiley_wix

At least we kept it out west with it going to a Griz.xthumbsupx

grizband
March 6th, 2008, 12:41 PM
They did not like not getting the Buchanan last year after getting the three previous years and made a big move to help bring it back in 2008. xsmiley_wix

At least we kept it out west with it going to a Griz.xthumbsupx
I honestly didn't mind seeing Cal Poly win the award three consecutive years. Now, hopefully both teams make some noise in this year's playoffs.

slostang
March 6th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I honestly didn't mind seeing Cal Poly win the award three consecutive years. Now, hopefully both teams make some noise in this year's playoffs.

I agree. I bet all four of the past winners would trade the Buchanan Award for a National Championship. I have a feeling that we may see the Griz twice in 2008.xthumbsupx