PDA

View Full Version : SoCon getting Atlanta loving!

catamount man
March 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM
Georgia Tech will play the following SoCon teams in football:

Western Carolina in 2011
Elon in 2013
Wofford in 2014

Tech head coach Paul Johnson is a 1979 Western Carolina grad. Cannot wait for 2011.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!
GO SOCON!!!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

bobbythekidd
March 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Georgia Tech will play the following SoCon teams in football:

Western Carolina in 2011
Elon in 2013
Wofford in 2014

Tech head coach Paul Johnson is a 1979 Western Carolina grad. Cannot wait for 2011.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!
GO SOCON!!!

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx
xeekx

catamount man
March 5th, 2008, 07:07 PM
xeekx

I know, I still can't believe they will not play GSU. Would be a good game.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

bobbythekidd
March 5th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Good to hear he will be taking on a new and inproved Catamount squad even if he won't give us a shot.

The Wofford match up will be interesting in a David v/s Goliath sort of way.

catamount man
March 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Good to hear he will be taking on a new and inproved Catamount squad even if he won't give us a shot.

I hope by 2011, we can make it a game. Our losses to them in 1985, 1992, and 1994 were respectable.

KJ Eagle
March 6th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I know, I still can't believe they will not play GSU. Would be a good game.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

They have talked about it for 2012, but until I see it in writing I'm not holding my breath. The two AD's talked about it prior to PJ being hired, so I hope his hiring helps make it a reality. I'd love to see the game since I live 30 minutes from GT. xthumbsupx

T-Dog
March 6th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I think a GaTech/GaSo game will happen sometime soon. I mean, after all PJ should know some contacts in Statesboro.

soweagle
March 6th, 2008, 01:31 PM
I just hate we never got the chance to take the triple option to face Tech instead of us having to face it. I know I will get blasted by GSU fans but I sure miss that offense.

Eyes of Old Main
March 6th, 2008, 09:43 PM

That's what I thought, but don't worry, we'll polish up a nice river rock and maybe we'll hit them right between the eyes.

Ivytalk
March 7th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Why won't Tech play GSU? Is it a Delaware-Del State kind of thing?xconfusedx

bobbythekidd
March 7th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Why won't Tech play GSU? Is it a Delaware-Del State kind of thing?xconfusedx
1. Coach Hatcher has stated he does not want to play I-A teams.

2. The fans say our AD is asleep at the wheel and waiting for retirement.

PaladinFan
March 7th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Certainly not a Delaware-Del state thing. We're talking one of the great historic teams of FBS football against an FCS team. GT can choose who they want.

However, it does seem strange that the Jackets continue to play Samford.

brownbear
March 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM
1. Coach Hatcher has stated he does not want to play I-A teams.

2. The fans say our AD is asleep at the wheel and waiting for retirement.

Aren't you all playing UGA in September?

Eaglesrus
March 7th, 2008, 10:35 AM

Well, actually August 30th, but yeah, as we have been doing once every 4years or so. BTK may be correct but I haven't heard 'til now that Hatcher doesn't want to play 1-As. There has definitely been a lot of criticism of our athletic director about scheduling, but I really believe that Tech has not wanted to play us because in many years we would have had a very legitimate shot at beating them and they didn't want that to happen against another in-state school.

bobbythekidd
March 7th, 2008, 10:47 AM
That was scheduled before we had Hatcher.

Well, actually August 30th, but yeah, as we have been doing once every 4years or so. BTK may be correct but I haven't heard 'til now that Hatcher doesn't want to play 1-As. There has definitely been a lot of criticism of our athletic director about scheduling, but I really believe that Tech has not wanted to play us because in many years we would have had a very legitimate shot at beating them and they didn't want that to happen against another in-state school.
What he said.

To elaborate on Hatcher's comments it hearkens back to if we had one more Div-I win we had a pretty good shot of picking up an at large for the playoffs last season. Might as well get a Montana like, instead of an App State like OOC schedule. The Colorado State loss helped us to sit at home for the post season.