PDA

View Full Version : Week 5: Prognosticating the Patriot

colgate13
September 27th, 2005, 09:54 PM
Is now up on The 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com).

The picks:

Lehigh over Harvard
Marist over Bucknell :eek:
Colgate over Cornell
Holy Cross over Yale
Lafayette over G'Town
Fordham idle

ngineer
September 27th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Sounds like you got the ol' drool bucket hooked up there, 13. (Old Saturday Night Live routine---again, showing my age). Can't really disagree with some of your 'hedges'---Bucknell may just get their act together after the layoff, and I think they will right their ship, 21-13. I agree with your other outcomes, although I think Lehigh/Harvard will be higher scoring; something like 41-38 (OT?). Your Raiders will get back on track. Cornell seems a year or two away, yet from being a real power in the Ivy. Can't see the Leopards stubbing their toes in DC unless they take the Hoyas lightly-and I don't see Tavani allowing that. Could be ugly. Also agree that Fordham will not lose this week ;)

justballn21
September 27th, 2005, 11:04 PM
hey lehigh punch number 40 of harvard in the mouth for me. He did nothing but talk trash before and during the game. Also, they are a cheap shot team, and I'm sure they'll take advantage of home field. Oh and just to let you guys know how disrespectful these guys are, they circled around our field RIGHT THROUGH OUR RECIEVER AND RUNNING BACK DRILLS, LAUGHING AS THEY PASSED. LET THESE ARROGANT GUYS KNOW WHAT THE PATRIOT LEAGUE IS ALL ABOUT. GOOD LUCK LEHIGH!!

colgate13
September 28th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Sounds much like their hockey team. No offense Ivytalk, but I've never liked a lot of the Harvard players.

ngineer
September 28th, 2005, 09:27 PM
hey lehigh punch number 40 of harvard in the mouth for me. He did nothing but talk trash before and during the game. Also, they are a cheap shot team, and I'm sure they'll take advantage of home field. Oh and just to let you guys know how disrespectful these guys are, they circled around our field RIGHT THROUGH OUR RECIEVER AND RUNNING BACK DRILLS, LAUGHING AS THEY PASSED. LET THESE ARROGANT GUYS KNOW WHAT THE PATRIOT LEAGUE IS ALL ABOUT. GOOD LUCK LEHIGH!!

We'll do our best. I think the guys will be focused. I'm concerned about the cheap shot stuff, too, since I've heard the same stuff from other sources. I have noticed that Harvard is penalized pretty heavily--ironic for a school that prides itself on 'smarts'. In a close game that stuff can kill ya. It almost did us in at VMI--though our penalties weren't the cheap shot kind--but stupid mental mistakes that killed drives.
Good luck with the Eli. Can't look ahead, but next week's homecoming for Gilmore will be neat. He was well liked here, and we were sorry to see him leave,but realized that that's life in the college football career ladder.

Ivytalk
September 28th, 2005, 09:58 PM
We'll do our best. I think the guys will be focused. I'm concerned about the cheap shot stuff, too, since I've heard the same stuff from other sources. I have noticed that Harvard is penalized pretty heavily--ironic for a school that prides itself on 'smarts'. In a close game that stuff can kill ya. It almost did us in at VMI--though our penalties weren't the cheap shot kind--but stupid mental mistakes that killed drives.
Good luck with the Eli. Can't look ahead, but next week's homecoming for Gilmore will be neat. He was well liked here, and we were sorry to see him leave,but realized that that's life in the college football career ladder.

Harvard has always been heavily penalized. When Restic coached there, his multiflex offense lent itself to a lot of flags. Another 100-yard penalty fiasco will kill us against Lehigh. Can't speak to the "cheap shot" allegations, although I have to "consider the source" because HC has always had a chip on its shoulder about us. If Yale plays the way it did against Cornell last week, HC will lose by at least 10 points. Sorry, Crusaders.

RadMann
September 28th, 2005, 10:05 PM
Holy Cross has a very bad all-time record against Yale an have always had trouble beating them. Then again, HC looks good this year....