PDA

View Full Version : Furman to Start Spring Ball

Syntax Error
March 2nd, 2008, 09:34 PM
http://furmanpaladins.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030208aab.html
Furman returns 41 lettermen and 11 starters from a year ago, including five on both offense and defense, as well as the team's punter. In all 20 returning Paladins have registered starting experience in their careers.

Key areas of emphasis in spring workouts, according to Lamb, include linebacker, cornerback, and defensive end. In addition, Furman must replace departed quarterback Renaldo Gray, All-America fullback Jerome Felton, and wide receiver Patrick Sprague, the team's leading receiver a year ago.Sorrells will be the starting QB?

FUwolfpacker
March 2nd, 2008, 09:42 PM
Sorrells will be the starting QB. I would guess that Brantly Kendell will start at FB. Brantly is probably a little faster and a better receiver than Felton, but he's definitely not as powerful as a runner.

We should be ok at WR with RJ Webb coming back from his injury. I don't think LB will be as big of a worry as I think we'll use a few more safeties in place of LB's like we did against GSU last year.

CB and DE will be the big issues for us this year. We were pretty thin at DE so a couple of LB's are moving there this spring.

furman94
March 3rd, 2008, 06:52 AM
I'm so freaking excited, its not even funny!

PaladinFan
March 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Sorrells will be the starting QB. I would guess that Brantly Kendell will start at FB. Brantly is probably a little faster and a better receiver than Felton, but he's definitely not as powerful as a runner.

We should be ok at WR with RJ Webb coming back from his injury. I don't think LB will be as big of a worry as I think we'll use a few more safeties in place of LB's like we did against GSU last year.

CB and DE will be the big issues for us this year. We were pretty thin at DE so a couple of LB's are moving there this spring.

Good assessment. We'll see how our new look defense plays this season. I think our offense could be good enough to put 30 points on the board every game. Will take a load off the young D.

Death Dealer
March 3rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Thank God we're back at it. I am so excited!xthumbsupx