PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Opponent TBA?

TexasTerror
September 27th, 2005, 07:32 PM
From McNeese's athletic web site:

The Cowboys had their Oct. 1 game with Southern Utah canceled and have an open date on Oct. 8. Their next scheduled game is Oct. 15 at home with Stephen F. Austin.

There has been some discussion of the Pokes playing an unnamed opponent on Oct. 8 at perhaps Northwestern State and Watkins said that talks were continuing along that line but that nothing had been decided.

Very interesting. An opponent on the "fly" if you will. Would it be one of the teams that had their game cancelled against an SLC foe impacted by the hurricane already? Perhaps a sub Div-I foe? What's the word?

McNeeserocket
September 27th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Well how interesting. A game at Northwestern against a team to be decided. I wonder where our team is practicing. I wonder a lot of things today.

I wonder when I will get a pay check, as I work at McNeese and they are closed until further notice (would have been paid my monthly salary on Friday). I wonder if my mother has a home and a lifetime of memories to go home to in Beaumont. I wonder if it really will take at least 30 days from today until there is electricity in Lake Charles and Beaumont, as that is what they are reporting on the national news. I wonder how crippled McNeese State University will be after all of this. Will McNeese State re-open this fall or have to wait till January? I wonder if we will get slammed again by the other tropical storms alreadyl forming in the Atlantic over the next couple of weeks.

I want to go home. I want a home. I want a life. And I sure as hell want to see McNeese play football again!!!!!!!!

Eaglegus2
September 27th, 2005, 08:21 PM
On one of the news channels, it had a picture of the McNeese football stadium. It showed damage to the pressbox area, downed lights, and lights that were bent.

I sure hope McNeeseRocket gets all he is wishing for.

Grizo406
September 27th, 2005, 09:02 PM
If I had 2 wishes, McNeeserocket, I'd give 1 1/2 of them to you...yes I would!

grizchik
September 27th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks for putting my life in perspective, McNeeserocket. I would not trade places for the world, but I would give you those wishes too! :)

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2005, 09:53 PM
All the best to McNeeseRocket and our Lake Charles brothers/sisters.

McNeeserocket
September 27th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I sure hope McNeeseRocket gets all he is wishing for.

I am McNeeseRocket, and I am a she. By the way, I went to Statesboro a few weeks ago (or was it a life time ago?). I had a wonderful time at the game. The night before the game a bunch of us who made the trip went down to the area by the Savannah River (as we spent Friday night in Savannah) and had a very happy time. I have not laughed that hard and as much in a very long time. Truth is we all needed the laughter because of the stress and sadness of Hurricane Katrinia. Little did we know that only a few weeks later things would get worse for Louisiana and more specifically for us in Southwest Louisiana. So for the 36 hours we had in the Statesboro area I am grateful.

By the way, the "Red Flag Tent" tailgaters treated us liked friends and royality. Great food and great conversation. GSU fans were very gracious after the game, congratulating McNeese fans on our win. Classy fans and a very classy program!

McNeeserocket
September 27th, 2005, 11:05 PM
I wish I could grant your desires, you deserve them.

Thanks Ralph and to all those who have been so kind.

You know, my name is Jeannie. You would think that "a Jeannie" could get a few wishes granted!!! :D

DemiGS
September 28th, 2005, 11:12 AM
I am McNeeseRocket, and I am a she. By the way, I went to Statesboro a few weeks ago (or was it a life time ago?). I had a wonderful time at the game. The night before the game a bunch of us who made the trip went down to the area by the Savannah River (as we spent Friday night in Savannah) and had a very happy time.

Ahhh.... River Street? Many a GSU student has formed fond memories (or maybe not?) on River Street. I was born in Atlanta, raised in Tampa, and educated at Georgia Southern, and I must say Savannah is my favorite city. It has an interesting blend of old and new. It’s almost unnerving to stumble past grave yards that contain people that would have called George Washington "George", and corners that have hosted everything from 18th century honor duels to Forrest Gump. Savannah is probably tied to more historic events/places then any city outside of New England or Philly.