PDA

View Full Version : Goin' Yahd....

ngineer
February 29th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Can't wait for all the arcane facts as Harvard Month begins at AGS! Our Crimson Barrister, I am sure, has been up all hours readying his citations for our consumption...Might we call this a "The Pahking Lot"?;) :D

Cleets
March 1st, 2008, 12:54 AM
Can't wait for all the arcane facts as Harvard Month begins at AGS! Our Crimson Barrister, I am sure, has been up all hours readying his citations for our consumption...Might we call this a "The Pahking Lot"?;) :D

I'm so ******** excited I can hardly stand it..!!!! xbawlingx

(Did I mention we Crushed Yale last year..!!!!) xlolx

YaleFootballFan
March 1st, 2008, 08:15 AM
I'm so ******** excited I can hardly stand it..!!!! xbawlingx

(Did I mention we Crushed Yale last year..!!!!) xlolx

Remember who still leads the all-time series. xsmiley_wix

Ivytalk
March 1st, 2008, 09:18 AM
LAISSEZ LES BONTEMPS ROULER!

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

bulldog10jw
March 1st, 2008, 09:39 AM
Can't wait for all the arcane facts as Harvard Month begins at AGS!

Who?

;)

ngineer
March 1st, 2008, 03:28 PM
Let's not forget September 29, 2007....;)

Ivytalk
March 1st, 2008, 06:11 PM
Let's not forget September 29, 2007....;)

That was an eminently forgettable day!xcoffeex

:p

CopperCat
March 1st, 2008, 11:19 PM
Remember who still leads the all-time series. xsmiley_wix

You're still both 0-0 in the playoffs though........xsmiley_wix

Ivytalk
March 2nd, 2008, 06:46 AM

True, but Harvard won a Rose Bowl! Can Montana State claim that?xsmiley_wix

So it was around 1920. Big deal. We beat Oregon!

YaleFootballFan
March 2nd, 2008, 12:58 PM

That means we're both undefeated in the playoffs! :D

JoltinJoe
March 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
LAISSEZ LES BONTEMPS ROULER!

xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx xhypedx

For a moment there, I thought mainejeff was back.

Mod66
March 3rd, 2008, 07:30 AM
Suggestions for posts are welcomed. Send them to me in a private message.

elcid96
March 3rd, 2008, 10:43 AM
That means we're both undefeated in the playoffs! :D

Why did Yale quit playing in the playoffs or drop down to 1-AA football. They were once one of the great football teams.

brownbear
March 3rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
Why did Yale quit playing in the playoffs or drop down to 1-AA football. They were once one of the great football teams.

They didn't have a choice, the Ivy League got pushed down to I-AA shortly after the split. No Ivy League schools have ever played in the playoffs. The schools claim that the reason is because they would conflict with finals, but that's a BS excuse.

elcid96
March 3rd, 2008, 10:58 AM
They didn't have a choice, the Ivy League got pushed down to I-AA shortly after the split. No Ivy League schools have ever played in the playoffs. The schools claim that the reason is because they would conflict with finals, but that's a BS excuse.

I guess I was wondering why they got pushed down to 1-AA if they had a stadium that seats over 50K. That would be more than large enough to compete in 1A football even today. Maybe this is why Notre Dame is an independent and still has a great football team (except for this past year).

Ivytalk
March 3rd, 2008, 11:03 AM
For a moment there, I thought mainejeff was back.

Actually, I was trying to get a rise out of Purple for Life, who was a French major!xlolx

JoltinJoe
March 3rd, 2008, 11:21 AM
I guess I was wondering why they got pushed down to 1-AA if they had a stadium that seats over 50K. That would be more than large enough to compete in 1A football even today. Maybe this is why Notre Dame is an independent and still has a great football team (except for this past year).

Yale qualified to be classified as I-A, but elected to be classified as I-AA in order to stay in the Ivy League and keep the league together. Other members of the Ivy League did not qualify for I-A. If Yale had pursued I-A, it would have broken up the Ivy League, at least as it was originally constituted.

Go...gate
March 3rd, 2008, 06:20 PM
Visions of Pineapple Milt Holt in his white painted shoes in 1974.....

MplsBison
March 3rd, 2008, 07:07 PM
This isuh Hah-vahd bah?

I thahd therd be equasuhns enshi* on thuh wahls.