PDA

View Full Version : ELON gets new OFF Coordinator

Elon Fightin' Christians
February 29th, 2008, 08:38 PM
ELON, N.C. – Elon University Head Football Coach Pete Lembo announced today that Mike McCarty has been named an assistant football coach for the Phoenix. As the new Elon offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, McCarty replaces Warren Ruggiero who resigned earlier this month to become the quarterbacks coach at Kansas State University.

read more at the Elon University website

WCU LawCat
February 29th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Going to be interesting to see how Riddle and the offense handle the change

ngineer
February 29th, 2008, 11:28 PM
ELON, N.C. – Elon University Head Football Coach Pete Lembo announced today that Mike McCarty has been named an assistant football coach for the Phoenix. As the new Elon offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, McCarty replaces Warren Ruggiero who resigned earlier this month to become the quarterbacks coach at Kansas State University.

read more at the Elon University website.

EIGHT home games???..How the hell does one pull that offxrotatehx xconfusedx

re-read this...maybe it's their 8th season in Rhodes Stadium?/// sounds more like it..

gophoenix
February 29th, 2008, 11:40 PM
EIGHT home games???..How the hell does one pull that offxrotatehx xconfusedx

re-read this...maybe it's their 8th season in Rhodes Stadium?/// sounds more like it..

Yes, the 8th season in Rhodes, not 8 home games..... though I sure wouldn't argue with 8 home games.

Jerbearasu
March 1st, 2008, 03:58 AM
Not saying anything about his coaching ability but my first red flag is the fact that this is his 10th different school in 20 years. I personally wouldn't want a guy who looks to be a flight risk every year he's been around because next year you will need to get the rehiring committee back together.

whoanellie
March 1st, 2008, 08:29 AM
Not saying anything about his coaching ability but my first red flag is the fact that this is his 10th different school in 20 years. I personally wouldn't want a guy who looks to be a flight risk every year he's been around because next year you will need to get the rehiring committee back together.

I'm so glad your concerned. It's a fact assistant coaches move a lot.
Glad We could attract a quality man from a D-1 FBS program that obviously knows and shares the same philosphy as our head coach. xthumbsupx

ericsaid
March 1st, 2008, 09:15 AM
I'm so glad your concerned. It's a fact assistant coaches move a lot.
Glad We could attract a quality man from a D-1 FBS program that obviously knows and shares the same philosphy as our head coach. xthumbsupx

Honestly, if the head coach is the one who picked him. I would expect the head coach to pick someone with the same philosophy. Wouldn't make much sense not to now would it.xcoffeex

appstate38
March 1st, 2008, 09:29 AM
I'm so glad your concerned. It's a fact assistant coaches move a lot. Glad We could attract a quality man from a D-1 FBS program that obviously knows and shares the same philosphy as our head coach. xthumbsupx

Well I would argue that is the main reason for Apps success.... The ability to keep the staff intact. IMO

Uncle Buck
March 1st, 2008, 10:00 AM
Lucky dogs, i would have loved for Hofstra to get McCarty back. I had the pleasure of playing for him just one season in '94 and the guy can flat out coach. Players loved him and he is super-creative. I think this is a great addition to your staff, you guys should be satisfied.

Oh, he was also a major reason why our QB Carlos Garay and WR Wayne Chrebet had such a monster senior year. He followed up an 8-1-1 season with a 10-1 regulars season in '95 with the loss coming by 2 points against NC runner-up Marshall. All done without schollies as well. Great get for you, a great get.

whoanellie
March 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
Well I would argue that is the main reason for Apps success.... The ability to keep the staff intact. IMO

So true and it is to your (Apps) benefit having coaches retained over a period of time. But it is certainly not the norm. You lost at least 2 assistants this year. with increased revenue it's always inticing to lure top talent at every level. Ex. Sabin to Alabama and Rodriguez to Michigan. Remember 4 years ago there were factions trying to get Jerry Moore to leave.

SoCon48
March 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
So true and it is to your (Apps) benefit having coaches retained over a period of time. But it is certainly not the norm. You lost at least 2 assistants this year. with increased revenue it's always inticing to lure top talent at every level. Ex. Sabin to Alabama and Rodriguez to Michigan. Remember 4 years ago there were factions trying to get Jerry Moore to leave.

That's new to me. The only one I know of who left was Lonnie Galloway. Who is the other one?

Monarch History
March 2nd, 2008, 05:07 PM
Lucky dogs, i would have loved for Hofstra to get McCarty back. I had the pleasure of playing for him just one season in '94 and the guy can flat out coach. Players loved him and he is super-creative. I think this is a great addition to your staff, you guys should be satisfied.

Oh, he was also a major reason why our QB Carlos Garay and WR Wayne Chrebet had such a monster senior year. He followed up an 8-1-1 season with a 10-1 regulars season in '95 with the loss coming by 2 points against NC runner-up Marshall. All done without schollies as well. Great get for you, a great get.

It's always good hearing from someone who played for a coach. I'm anxious to see how McCarty's hire will affect Elon. They should have a good year.

AppIAA
March 3rd, 2008, 12:44 PM
That's new to me. The only one I know of who left was Lonnie Galloway. Who is the other one?

Galloway is the only one I know of as well.

Heard rumors of Elliot going to Michigan, but that has not happened yet - and probably wont happen

Uncle Buck
March 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM
It's always good hearing from someone who played for a coach. I'm anxious to see how McCarty's hire will affect Elon. They should have a good year.

With a solid QB which it appears you have, he should be pretty wide open on offense. We ran the Run-n-Shoot offense back in the day but McCarty was a master at mixing it up. I feel really positive about him, now i just hope i'm right with all of my hype.