PDA

View Full Version : Who has the stronger conferences I-AA or 1A ?

Gamecocks99
September 26th, 2005, 08:24 PM
According to the USA TODAY there are Eight 1-AA Conferences that rank as stronger conference than the Sun Belt Conference. Please check out these rankings at the link below and give us your thoughts :cool:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc05.htm

TxSt02
September 26th, 2005, 08:46 PM
According to the USA TODAY there are Eight 1-AA Conferences that rank as stronger conference than the Sun Belt Conference. Please check out these rankings at the link below and give us your thoughts :cool:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc05.htm

I only found 6... But still damn good!

skinny_uncle
September 26th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Maybe the Sunbelt should consider moving to 1-AA.
:eyebrow:

blukeys
September 26th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Maybe the Sunbelt should consider moving to 1-AA.
:eyebrow:

No why should we let OUR reputations suffer. Send them to D2 or let them stay where they are. :)

skinny_uncle
September 26th, 2005, 09:14 PM
GOOD GAWD PLEASE SPELL IT WITH ROMAN NUMERALS! This is "I-AA Discussion" not "1-AA Discussion." What does Sag know when he is too lazy to rank anything but D-I???? My esteem for him has fell dramatically after last summer's interview. He basically said he was running a I-A ranking and had no interest in "small ball."
Egads! OK. I-AA. A "1" by any other name would smell as sweet. Lighten up, Ralph. This ain't English CI or 101. Leave your red pencil at home and just stick to talking football.
:D

skinny_uncle
September 26th, 2005, 09:32 PM
I bow to your great wisdom O Mighty Ralph. I will write I-AA on the chalkboard 100 times as soon as I find my chalk. I come from a school that still spells it Dawgs, you know. I'm not sure how that chalkboard will increase my comprehension of the topic, but I am sure someone who has posted here over 10K times can explain it to me.
:bow:

TigerFan17
September 26th, 2005, 09:39 PM
I've never heard this argument before.

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

Gamecocks99
September 26th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Ralph

What is your thought of the Poll? It made the Jax State Fans feel a little bit better about our program compared to our True Rivals Troy. They do not seem interested in playing the Gamecoks unless we move up to D1. Troy seems to have a weak team this year. UAB's Coach and players said, JSU had a much stroger team than Troy's this year. UAB played Troy one week and JSU the Next.
The JSU alum really wants to see the Troy game back on our Schedule. It's not football season without them on our schedule. It would be like Lehigh moving up to D1 and not playing Lafayette.

skinny_uncle
September 26th, 2005, 10:00 PM
xlolx Didn't say it would increase your comprehension! xlolx
What DAWGS do you follow? Samford? Gardner-Webb? The Citadel? Yale?

Please don't say UGA...
Look at the pic, Ralph.
Don't you know a Saluki when you see one?
Good night, Ralph.
:beerchug:

blackfordpu
September 26th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Egads! OK. I-AA. A "1" by any other name would smell as sweet. Lighten up, Ralph. This ain't English CI or 101. Leave your red pencil at home and just stick to talking football.

Just do it, he will never give up. ;) :)

Don't worry, we have all had ralph on our cases about spelling I-AA correctly atleast once.

galojay
September 26th, 2005, 11:17 PM
It is nice to see I-AA's ranked higher than I-A's but it really is difficult to truely compare the two. I don't put any value to the Sagarin's poll. Although when my Sun Belt brotheren like to point to Sagarin's poll last year to make the claim they weren't the worst I-A conference, then I like to point to the Sagarin to say WKU would be in the top tier of Sun Belt football schools and several I-AA conferences are better than them.

bobcatfan06
September 27th, 2005, 01:00 AM
We have the same argument with North Texas fan that comes on bobcatfans.com and tries to tell us how much better North Texas is than Texas State. The SunBelt will never learn.

TigerFan17
September 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
At this point in time, I wouldn't be surprised if a Texas high school football team beat several Sun Belt members...and not even sure if it would be considered an upset.

ASU Kep
October 27th, 2005, 03:14 AM
I knew WKU was going *I-AA* but are they too headed for the Sun-Belt? A lot of App fans think in a few years when we go *I-A* thats where we'll be headed. If thats the case, I wish you the best of luck in making your stay in that cesspool of a conference as short and successful as possible. One more team that makes a successful transition from *I-AA* to *I-A* can only help us, as I see it. All I know is that if App gets stuck there for an extended period of time, I very well might regret our decision to leave good ol' *I-AA*. You guys are going to play one more season after this one in *I-AA* though, right?

skinny_uncle
October 27th, 2005, 07:23 AM
WKU isn't going anywhere any time soon. I hear they want to get better recruits for their basketball team so they think going I-A in football will achieve that. That is the talk about them moving to I-A in football. No announcement yet. Let's see what kind of crowd they can draw Thursday for a nationally important game.
Did you actually mean how big of a crowd or "what kind of crowd "? I would predict large and rowdy, much safer than trying to predict a winner.