PDA

View Full Version : Big Games in Week 5

Hansel
September 26th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Nice to see the conference battles starting, these games could set the tone for possible playoff participants

URI @ Brown
Portland St @ EWU
Lehigh @ Harvard
JMU @ Hofstra
EKU @ Jax St
Idaho St @ Mont St
'Nova @ UNH
CCU @ SCSU
Ill St @ YSU

blur2005
September 26th, 2005, 08:10 PM
JMU @ Hostra is BIG. That game will say a lot about both teams.

umassfan
September 26th, 2005, 08:18 PM
URI @ Brown I pick URI in this one
Portland St @ EWU I pick Portland St in this one
Lehigh @ Harvard I pick Harvard in this one
JMU @ Hofstra I pick JMU in this one
EKU @ Jax St I pick Jax St in this one
Idaho St @ Mont St I pick Montana St in this one
'Nova @ UNH I pick UNH in this one
CCU @ SCSU I pick CCU in this one
Ill St @ YSU I pick YSU in this one

DotCat
September 27th, 2005, 01:27 AM
The Citadel @ Western Carolina

With the Catamounts game @ Nicholls State cancelled last Saturday, this game vs. the Bulldogs will determine if the Catamounts stunning victory over the Paladins a few weeks ago was a fluke.

Are the Catamounts for real? I think so.

OL FU
September 27th, 2005, 06:52 AM
The Citadel @ Western Carolina

With the Catamounts game @ Nicholls State cancelled last Saturday, this game vs. the Bulldogs will determine if the Catamounts stunning victory over the Paladins a few weeks ago was a fluke.

Are the Catamounts for real? I think so.

It wasn't a fluke. But it will help determine if you can keep going strongly. Really hate that Nichols was cancelled.

Portland State vs. EWU- I have had PSU in the top 25 all year. Will get a chance to see if I am correct.

EKU/JSU - loser stays home during the post season?

CCU/ SCST - Don't count SC State out. They have a lot of motivation as they may feel a little snubbed last year too. I am going with the Bulldogs

Cocky
September 27th, 2005, 07:31 AM
The biggest game of the week is the JSU v EKU. The whole season is on the line for these two teams. The game has more playoff impact than any other this week.

catbob
September 27th, 2005, 09:28 AM
I didn't think the ISU game was going to be a big deal, but they keep impressing, and especially last week with their win over EWU, although I predicted it in the Big Sky pool. This game is a definate must win for the Cats. Going into conference 0-1 would be bad, as ISU would then be 2-0.

If we do lose to ISU and my other predictions are on, the BSC conference could look like this:

Idaho State 2-0 4-1
Montana 1-0 3-1
Portland State 1-1 3-2
NAU 1-1 3-2
EWU 1-1 2-2
Weber St 1-1 2-3
Montana State 0-1 2-3
Sac St 0-2 0-4

So as you can clearly see, this is a must win game for the Cats. :) If we lose, kiss an at-large goodbye, and we dig ourselves a hole right off the bat. But seeing as how our offense is starting to get back on track, our D played well against NDSU, and the fact that it is homecoming, I think we should be able to pull out a W.

FL connection
September 27th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Big game for Ill St. at YSU.....I gotta go with ISU to beat YSU. connection out!

JALMOND
September 27th, 2005, 01:25 PM
At the beginning of the year, I would have given us no shot at EWU in Cheney, but I must say I like our chances now. I don't know if, given the circumstances, it is a bigger game for the Eagles than for us, but we still have away games at Montana and Boise. Four losses kept us out last year so we need to steal one somewhere and this might be our best chance.

nevadagriz
September 27th, 2005, 02:32 PM
I actually think the UM vs WEber game could be huge. Weber is trying to prove they are turning the corner and the griz are trying to get on track and shut up the critics (their own fans)! If UM loses it could get really ugly in missoula. This game could also put weber at 2-0 in coference for the first time since........since......?????
All in all a big week in the big sky!!!

Russ B
September 27th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Tough bye-week for UC Davis, but I'm sure the team can gut it out.

MR. CHICKEN
September 27th, 2005, 04:07 PM
HEY I-AA GOMERS.......BIG GAMES IN WEEK # 5.......ALL O' DEM......AIN'T DAT WHY IT'S CALLED...ANY GIVEN SATURDAY!........JES' CHECK OUT WEEKS ONE THRU FOUR!............:anim_chai....................... ..BRAWK!

Saint3333
September 27th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Citadel is bad and if they have 200+ yards versus "the best defense in the SoCon", we will find out if WCU is for real. WCU should win by at least 17, especially in their house.

HPCAT
September 27th, 2005, 05:25 PM
2005 I-AA TV Game of the Week Survey Final Results
http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=70555

Week 5 | 9/26-10/2:
9.61% Illinois State @ Youngstown State
9.26% Northern Iowa @ Western Illinois
7.05% Nicholls State @ North Dakota State
6.39% James Madison @ Hofstra
5.49% Villanova @ New Hampshire
5.28% Lehigh @ Harvard
5.18% Weber State @ Montana (Homecoming)
5.18% Eastern Kentucky @ Jacksonville State
5.08% South Dakota State @ Texas State
5.03% Georgia Southern @ Elon (Family Weekend)
4.33% Southern @ Alabama State (32nd Gulf Coast Classic)
3.32% Portland State @ Eastern Washington
3.07% Tennessee State @ North Carolina A&T (Circle City Classic, Indianapolis, IN)
3.02% Cal Poly @ Northern Colorado
2.72% Idaho State @ Montana State
2.11% Delaware @ Towson
1.96% Cornell @ Colgate (Homecoming)
1.76% Gardner-Webb @ Furman
1.71% Coastal Carolina @ South Carolina State
0.86% Northern Arizona @ Sacramento State (Homecoming)
0.55% VMI @ Liberty (Homecoming)
0.35% Monmouth @ Stony Brook

The Texas State/SDSU game will be a benchmark to gauge how for the TXST program has come under Baliff.

SDSU has suffered close loses to 2 top 10 IAA teams. A convincing victory for TXST will send a message that the A&M game was not a fluke, this team is for real, and a bona fide top ten team.

I hate to even think how close we were to winning at A&M, homer Big XII refs didn't help. :mad:

catbob
September 27th, 2005, 05:43 PM
It will be a very entertaining read on egriz if Weber wins. I probably won't leave my seat!

WhereDoITypeMyUsername?
September 27th, 2005, 06:03 PM
If we do lose to ISU and my other predictions are on, the BSC conference could look like this:

Idaho State 2-0 4-1
Montana 1-0 3-1
Portland State 1-1 3-2
NAU 1-1 3-2
EWU 1-1 2-2
Weber St 1-1 2-3
Montana State 0-1 2-3
Sac St 0-2 0-4

Dude. That's one of the most ****ed up things I've ever seen. Hard to believe it's a feasible scenario.

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Will any of these games be televised?

Chi Panther
September 27th, 2005, 06:40 PM

Excellent question.....I thought the vote was to get those games on tv???

Hansel
September 27th, 2005, 06:42 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3831

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2005, 06:57 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3831

Any games I don't have to pay for?

polsongrizz
September 27th, 2005, 07:18 PM
HEY I-AA GOMERS.......BIG GAMES IN WEEK # 5.......ALL O' DEM......AIN'T DAT WHY IT'S CALLED...ANY GIVEN SATURDAY!........JES' CHECK OUT WEEKS ONE THRU FOUR!............:anim_chai....................... ..BRAWK!
So true chickenbreath... :nod: :D

DaGriz
September 27th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Any games I don't have to pay for?

If you have highspeed, our games are always video streamed online for free.

www.mtgriz.com

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2005, 08:27 PM
If you have highspeed, our games are always video streamed online for free.

www.mtgriz.com

I'll have to look into that. I need to put this new computer and cable modem to use.

Grizo406
September 27th, 2005, 11:29 PM
The Bobcats need a win, Saturday against ISU. This one is huge for them, for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is that it's their first BSC Conference game, and the Griz play the Bengals next week in Pocatello.

After the Bengal's victory over EWU they won't come into this game lacking any confidence. Can the Cats beat them? I sure hope so, and think they will. The Bobcats have the the Bengals at home, they've got Lulay, and that should be enough.

Who will/won't be representing the BSC in the playoffs will be fairly evident sometime Saturday afternoon, 8 October 2005.

windwalker
September 27th, 2005, 11:57 PM
CCU/ SCST - Don't count SC State out. They have a lot of motivation as they may feel a little snubbed last year too. I am going with the Bulldogs

I think this game is a BIG game for both schools. First meeting, 9-2 / 10-1 last year, both ranked last year, both have been ranked this year, could turn into a great rivalry, could make or break either team in this years playoff picks.

Going to be a great game I believe. Can't wait until Saturday.

polsongrizz
September 28th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Portland St @ EWU I pick Portland St in this one

Wow, I would bet you would be one of the few that would pick PSU over EWU at Cheney.

kats89
September 28th, 2005, 12:23 AM
We still have to wait another week for some Bearkat football. Open date this week after last weeks cancellation. :bang: :splat: :argue: :boring:

Grizo406
September 28th, 2005, 02:09 AM
It will be a very entertaining read on egriz if Weber wins. I probably won't leave my seat!

What about the entertainment value provided by a Cat loss at home on BobcatNation?

I don't want to see either Montana team lose this weekend, but you're right, if either one of us doesn't get a W, it will produce some interesting reading.

Good Luck!