PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Coach Coen Talks Class Of 2012

Lehigh Football Nation
February 26th, 2008, 02:51 PM
'Nuff said.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

ngineer
February 26th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Nice post LFN. Really underscores how the nature of recruiting has changed over the years for the PL schools and why it is important they receive support from the alums.xthumbsupx

JoltinJoe
February 27th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Coen's class looks like the one to beat in the PL. Lehigh has been the most consistently successful of the PL teams and I expect the Hawks to be back in the mix next year.

The way the PL is shaping up, there may be five teams seriously in the running next year, with once again a very slight distinction between a 5-1 team and a 2-4 team.

Leopard Man
February 27th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Coen's class looks like the one to beat in the PL. Lehigh has been the most consistently successful of the PL teams and I expect the Hawks to be back in the mix next year.

The way the PL is shaping up, there may be five teams seriously in the running next year, with once again a very slight distinction between a 5-1 team and a 2-4 team.

I never suck up to LFN the way most of you do,LFN is a legend in his own mind he doesnt need any help.Until all the other classes are posted lets not judge who's the best! Looking at G-town's partial rivals listed class i believe they have the most impact recruits. GO Pards!!! Make it drive for five!!!

LehighFan11
February 27th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I never suck up to LFN the way most of you do,LFN is a legend in his own mind he doesnt need any help.Until all the other classes are posted lets not judge who's the best! Looking at G-town's partial rivals listed class i believe they have the most impact recruits. GO Pards!!! Make it drive for five!!!

???

ngineer
February 27th, 2008, 09:00 PM

Five what???xconfusedx

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 27th, 2008, 09:12 PM

Five what???xconfusedx

This isn't that hard....Five wins in a row over Lehigh...xcoffeex

LehighFan11
February 28th, 2008, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=ngineer;878503]

This isn't that hard....Five wins in a row over Lehigh...xcoffeex

O ok yea, usually posts like that at the end Go for four or five means Conference championships.

Fordham
February 28th, 2008, 11:58 AM
hmmm ... all lfn does is post his exclusive interview with the HC and comments about the recruiting class get referred to as 'sucking up' to him? i personally think it's cool that lfn got the exclusive interview and posted it here but overall I'm taking my cue (as I guess Joltin Joe is) from carney's Patsy ratings thread about Lehigh's class and from just reading the write-ups on them than I am from this particular interview.

Saying that Joe and I just need to quit sucking up to a pard fan like carney when it comes to Lehigh's class would have been much more accurate.

Again, congrats Lehigh fans. Sounds like a helluva class.

It begs the question of whether or not our classes are really as good as we think they are, particularly in terms of our competition. It sounds like every school landed a great class (Bucknell being the one I don't know anything about) and I imagine that this is probably par for the course - we're all happy to read the hype and imagine this will be the class that will bring us over the top. But, how are these classes in comparison with NEC, Ivy and CAA schools? Just curious as to everyone's thoughts. If they don't measure up to those other conferences, we're blowing smoke up our collective tails. If they are better than or even with them, though, it begs the question of what the problem is and why do we need to change anything (e.g. - scholarships).

ngineer
February 28th, 2008, 12:43 PM
No question we need scholarships..The fact that Lafayette and Lehigh have ONE Lehigh Valley recruit between them speaks volumes of the inability of local kids who can afford to go without major financial support. I've heard that a number of locals were academically admissable, but not offered 'full rides' has they were at other schools in the CAA, Big East, NEC, etc.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM
No question we need scholarships..The fact that Lafayette and Lehigh have ONE Lehigh Valley recruit between them speaks volumes of the inability of local kids who can afford to go without major financial support. I've heard that a number of locals were academically admissable, but not offered 'full rides' has they were at other schools in the CAA, Big East, NEC, etc.

On the blog I looked at a local kid (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/02/and-i-dont-think-it-involves-drinking.html) who got a NFF scholarship based on his academics, 8th in his class and over a 4.0 average. A 6'2, 205 lb receiver... who will be playing at D-II East Strousburg on full scholarship (minus the NFF scholarship, of course).

Academically, no doubt he's good enough. No doubt he knows how good Lehigh is, and I'm assuming he's good enough athletically. Where we must have missed out was with need in scholarships. I keep wondering - with scholarships, does he go to Lehigh?

LehighFan11
February 28th, 2008, 01:26 PM
On the blog I looked at a local kid (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/02/and-i-dont-think-it-involves-drinking.html) who got a NFF scholarship based on his academics, 8th in his class and over a 4.0 average. A 6'2, 205 lb receiver... who will be playing at D-II East Strousburg on full scholarship (minus the NFF scholarship, of course).

Academically, no doubt he's good enough. No doubt he knows how good Lehigh is, and I'm assuming he's good enough athletically. Where we must have missed out was with need in scholarships. I keep wondering - with scholarships, does he go to Lehigh?
Lehigh announced today that they are raising tuition to undergrads to 37,000 ish, up about 2000. Maybe they should use some of that money to give more financial aid to athletes.

ngineer
February 28th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Lehigh announced today that they are raising tuition to undergrads to 37,000 ish, up about 2000. Maybe they should use some of that money to give more financial aid to athletes.

Regardless as to how much money is available, it can only be distributed based upon the need-based formulas within the League formulas..With athletic scholarships we'd be able to offer full rides to such students rather than $20-$30k grants ..

LehighFan11
February 29th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Regardless as to how much money is available, it can only be distributed based upon the need-based formulas within the League formulas..With athletic scholarships we'd be able to offer full rides to such students rather than $20-$30k grants ..

Yea well if they keep raising tuition they won't be able to get anyone to come. I don't blame athletes for not coming here if they don't have the money, I sure wouldn't be here if I had to pay 45,000 a year.