PDA

View Full Version : Ivy Roundup

Ivytalk
September 26th, 2005, 10:41 AM
In the first two league games of the 2005 season, Harvard edged Brown 38-35 in a double-OT thriller and Yale made short work of Cornell at the Bowl, 37-17. This Saturday, 2-0 Columbia visits 2-0 Princeton in the League opener for both, while Penn travels to Hanover to play Dartmouth. All other Ivy teams play Patriot or other non-Ivy foes.

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Is this Harvard Lehigh week? If so, any thoughts on it? Without reviewing the schedule (so if I miss someone I am not trying to offend), this should be the toughest OOC game for both for the remainder of the season?

Ivytalk
September 26th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Is this Harvard Lehigh week? If so, any thoughts on it? Without reviewing the schedule (so if I miss someone I am not trying to offend), this should be the toughest OOC game for both for the remainder of the season?

Yes it is, OL FU! Harvard will be up for the game this Saturday, coming off its emotional win over Brown (which always seems to give the Crimson fits). I'll pick Harvard by somewhere between 3 and 6 points, although the home crowd will be disappointingly small -- probably under 10,000.

ChickenMan
September 26th, 2005, 10:52 AM
This should be a real good game (any TV?) I doubt that Lehigh will play as poorly vs Harvard as they did vs VMI. I expect that LU will be as ready to play... as they were vs UD.

Husky Alum
September 26th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Ivytalk,

Any word from Cambridge about restarting the NU-HU series? From a NU point of view it was a great series (although you won 3 of the 4 games). I'd love for it to be played early in the season to give some PR for I-AA football in Boston. It also gave you guys an extra home game every other year, which was nice on the travel for both sides.

For some reason every time we played in the most recently completed series, it rained sideways. If the weather was better, I think the attendance would have improved. 2 of the 4 years, the game was played the same time as a Red Sox playoff game - talk about lousy timing!!!

Ivytalk
September 26th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Ivytalk,

Any word from Cambridge about restarting the NU-HU series? From a NU point of view it was a great series (although you won 3 of the 4 games). I'd love for it to be played early in the season to give some PR for I-AA football in Boston. It also gave you guys an extra home game every other year, which was nice on the travel for both sides.

For some reason every time we played in the most recently completed series, it rained sideways. If the weather was better, I think the attendance would have improved. 2 of the 4 years, the game was played the same time as a Red Sox playoff game - talk about lousy timing!!!

Husky, I agree it was a very hard-fought and competitive series that put butts in the seats. There seems to be a commitment to play 3 Patriot games for the next couple of years (Holy Cross -- Lafayette -- Lehigh). I wouldn't mind seeing that cut back to two in order to get NU back on the schedule.

Ivytalk
September 26th, 2005, 11:32 AM
This should be a real good game (any TV?) I doubt that Lehigh will play as poorly vs Harvard as they did vs VMI. I expect that LU will be as ready to play... as they were vs UD.

CM, it will be on CSTV at 12:30.

ChickenMan
September 26th, 2005, 11:37 AM

thank god for the remote... Nova/UNH on CN8 (also live video dtreaming) at 12:30

ngineer
September 26th, 2005, 11:39 AM
thank god for the remote... Nova/UNH on CN8 (also live video dtreaming) at 12:30
If you can get WFMZ out of Allentown, Channel 69 locally in the Lehigh Valley, they will be carrying the game live. I will be there, live :D

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 11:45 AM
I guess I am going to have break down and get a satelite. :eek: dish that is :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 26th, 2005, 12:03 PM
If you can get WFMZ out of Allentown, Channel 69 locally in the Lehigh Valley, they will be carrying the game live. I will be there, live :D

I'm hoping to make it to the game. Still trying to figure out if gas+college student budge=Boston. If not i'll be watching it on WFMZ.

ngineer
September 26th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I'm hoping to make it to the game. Still trying to figure out if gas+college student budge=Boston. If not i'll be watching it on WFMZ.

"In my day" we'd get a carload and share the gas. ;)

Chi Panther
September 26th, 2005, 11:58 PM

Sweet!!! I'll be watching and hopefully eating my words.

Long Live Davide Poe!!! Harvard Class of '66....MVP 1965
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~athletic/football/awards.html

colgate13
September 27th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Wow - when did that happen? Who is this guy?

Ivytalk
September 27th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Wow - when did that happen? Who is this guy?

I don't know, but I like his style. His little capsule on the Columbia-Princeton game is a classic!