View Full Version : Open Dates

MACHIAVELLI
February 20th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Any FCS schools with open dates on:
Sept. 27th
Oct. 25th

TexasTerror
February 20th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I believe SHSU has an opening on Sept. 27th. Not 100% sure as we're waiting for confirmation on how the Prairie View and Gardner-Webb games fall on the calendar...that'd get us to 12 games if we added a date on the 27th of Sept.

mikebigg
February 20th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Any FCS schools with open dates on:
Sept. 27th
Oct. 25th

Shouldn't you add: "And willing to come to Grambling"? xthumbsupx

slostang
February 20th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I think that Cal Poly has an open date on Sept. 27th, but I think the coach wants to keep that date open because it is the first week of school.

already123
February 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Any teams with an open date on SEPT 13th and NOVEMBER 29th???

TexasTerror
February 20th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Any teams with an open date on SEPT 13th and NOVEMBER 29th???

November 29th? Is NAU mailing it? xnodx

TheBisonator
February 20th, 2008, 01:31 PM
NDSU is open on the 27th.

I don't think we'd mind travelling to Grambling first for a home-home, because we already have 6 home games scheduled.

McNeese75
February 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM
NDSU is open on the 27th.

I don't think we'd mind travelling to Grambling first for a home-home, because we already have 6 home games scheduled.

Mike B Now this would be a nice OOC game xthumbsupx

MACHIAVELLI
February 21st, 2008, 01:45 AM
I believe SHSU has an opening on Sept. 27th. Not 100% sure as we're waiting for confirmation on how the Prairie View and Gardner-Webb games fall on the calendar...that'd get us to 12 games if we added a date on the 27th of Sept.

shsu plays PV on Sept. 13th

already123
February 21st, 2008, 02:38 AM
Not sure....but I wouldnt bet against it. NAU traveled to APP so I doubt we shy away from anyone. Open on the 29th?

mikebigg
February 21st, 2008, 04:28 PM
Mike B Now this would be a nice OOC game xthumbsupx

I'm kinda leery... isn't this the same school that beat us when we had Ernie "Big Cat" Ladd and nem? xlolx xlolx xlolx

Seriously, that would be a good matchup. I've been keeping up with dem Dakota schools... I woudn't mind seeing a game with them. Dayum that's a long trip back though but hey that's part of it.

slostang
February 21st, 2008, 06:57 PM
I would love to see Cal Poly sign a home and home with school like Grambling that has such a great history and national following.

mikebigg
February 22nd, 2008, 09:25 AM
I would love to see Cal Poly sign a home and home with school like Grambling that has such a great history and national following.

Now playing a game in California is appealing because we rarely head out West anymore. There's a lot of talent out there that might be interested in playing for Grambling. Having at least one home game out there every couple of years would be good exposure for the school and also our current players to get some west coast visitinig done.

I remember yall from playing Alcorn in seasons past... I like the idea of playing you guys. Sure hope our AD can get something worked out.

ncbears
February 22nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
San Diego - you guys have an open date on Sep. 13th as do we. You owe us a trip to Greeley. AD's get on this.

slostang
February 22nd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Now playing a game in California is appealing because we rarely head out West anymore. There's a lot of talent out there that might be interested in playing for Grambling. Having at least one home game out there every couple of years would be good exposure for the school and also our current players to get some west coast visitinig done.

I remember yall from playing Alcorn in seasons past... I like the idea of playing you guys. Sure hope our AD can get something worked out.

I would look forward to seeing the Grambling's band almost as much as the game. Notice I said almost.

I think it would be a win win situation. Grambling gets exposure in a great state for recruiting and Cal Poly gets a game with a program of Grambling's reputation. It would also be a great trip for Cal Poly on the return trip. Cal Poly will be in the great state of LA twice this year facing McNeese State and Northwestern State. Cal Poly has 11 games under contract as of today, but are looking for a 12th game. Let's hope the ADs are talking.

mikebigg
February 23rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
I would look forward to seeing the Grambling's band almost as much as the game. Notice I said almost.

I think it would be a win win situation. Grambling gets exposure in a great state for recruiting and Cal Poly gets a game with a program of Grambling's reputation. It would also be a great trip for Cal Poly on the return trip. Cal Poly will be in the great state of LA twice this year facing McNeese State and Northwestern State. Cal Poly has 11 games under contract as of today, but are looking for a 12th game. Let's hope the ADs are talking.

Louisiana is a great state to visit...and in my opinion, a great state to live in. You guys must have a good travel budget to make 2 trips to La from California and obviously a great program with a committed fanbase. I hope the AD's are talking or if someone reading this has their ear, they will pass word on. I'm expecting our AD to look to add McNeese and other Southland schools because of proximity. Still, I think a trip to play you guys in Califormia and then having yall come here would be a good deal.

slostang
February 23rd, 2008, 09:29 PM
Louisiana is a great state to visit...and in my opinion, a great state to live in. You guys must have a good travel budget to make 2 trips to La from California and obviously a great program with a committed fanbase. I hope the AD's are talking or if someone reading this has their ear, they will pass word on. I'm expecting our AD to look to add McNeese and other Southland schools because of proximity. Still, I think a trip to play you guys in Califormia and then having yall come here would be a good deal.

I do not know if it is so much a good travel budget as there are not that many FCS teams on the west coast and of those, not many are willing to play Cal Poly.

I agree that Louisiana is a great state to visit. I have been there a few times and I had a great time. I hope to see Cal Poly sign a home and home with Grambling. If not this year, at some point in the near future.