PDA

View Full Version : UD is not a Top 10 team...

ChickenMan
September 24th, 2005, 10:04 PM
After seeing the first three UD games I have to say that the Hens are not worthy of a Top 10 ranking... they are a true work in progress as they are currently playing too many very young players far sooner than was expected. The offense started started four Sophs on the OL and two Freshman at WR. On defense the inexperience was even worse... as at one point UD's entire secondary was comprised of Freshmen DBs... while at the same time three more Freshmen were playing on the 'D' as well... two at LB and another at DE. That's seven... Freshmen :eek: on the field at the same time and this was while the outcome of the games was still undecided. UD also played three other Freshmen on offense at various points during the game. Make no mistake... these kids have 'talent'... but their inexperience leads to mistakes and once conference play starts... UD won't be able to afford those kinds of errors. How UD does down the road will depend on how fast these young guys grow up... but the fact is... right now this UD squad is far from a Top 10 caliber team.

Ronbo
September 24th, 2005, 10:06 PM
That sounds just like Montana last year. :D

GannonFan
September 24th, 2005, 10:16 PM
But it's still nice being this young and this inexperienced and still being 3-0 with a win over a top 15 team inlcuded in that. Most of the mistakes will obviously come, and have come, early in the year. But if you can play games where you can make those mistakes and still win you're just that much better off. On the bright side, the offense continues to look solid, although sometimes a little slow to get started. Cuff continues to look like one of the best RB's in the A10, and now even in all of IAA, so things aren't too bad. Obviously UD needs to play better if they hope to beat the likes of Hofstra and JMU in the near future, but they still have 4 more home games this year and those teams need to come to Delaware - like I said, a 3-0 start is better than almost anyone, me included, would have said UD would have so we're already ahead of things. It could be worse.

RadMann
September 24th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Ah, if UD could only play all games at home ;) Old Delaware Stadium is definitely a home field advantage.... I would like to think that the team will be at or near the top of the A-10 by season's end but as of now that thought might be somewhat optimistic. Hopefully I'm wrong.

blukeys
September 24th, 2005, 10:35 PM
:p CM I have watched the same 3 games and I agree that this is a work in progress and at best a diamond in the rough. This Hens team has as much or more talent than I have seen in many years and yes they make rookie mistakes which must be corrected before we face the Hofstras, JMU's, Umass's etc. But regarding the top 10, who the Heck is deserving? Most of us had UD in the 11 to 20 range preseason. Then the Hens moved up thanks to losses by teams ahead of us. Don't tell me that SIU is deserving of a top 5 ranking. I watched WMU and Temple this afternoon and it was terrible. Neither team deserved to win the game and any top 20 I-AA should beat these 2 teams by 2 touchdowns. :mad: :p

I-AA is wide open this year and there are no traditional powers that are sancrosanct and this includes UD. I would not argue with anyone who excludes UD from the top 10 but it is hard to make a case for others to be ranked ahead of them. NDSU lost today. UNH looked good but I already had them ahead of UD as I did EWU. Uh oh they lost to Idaho State.

I think Lehigh is a solid top 15 or higher team and I think HC will make some noise in the PL this year. (right now they look better than the Colgate team I saw play UMASS on TV).

This UD team has gotten better every week and still has a long way to go. I really don't care where anyone ranks them provided they end the regular season with 8 or 9 wins as this group will only be more dangerous in Nov. and Dec. than they are today. :D :D

Sam Adams
September 24th, 2005, 10:37 PM
They do seem to be overrated. Unquestionably talented, but #6??? Its UD so they get points for reputation. UD is a great program but once the get into the real schedule that #6 ranking becomes a bullseye each and every week. They may surprise me, but there are a lot of good teams in the A10 with more experience than UD has.

GannonFan
September 24th, 2005, 10:43 PM
They do seem to be overrated. Unquestionably talented, but #6??? Its UD so they get points for reputation. UD is a great program but once the get into the real schedule that #6 ranking becomes a bullseye each and every week. They may surprise me, but there are a lot of good teams in the A10 with more experience than UD has.

Ultimately it's what you do on the field this year, not how many years you've played. Experience is nice if it translates into wins, but you don't need experience always to win. We'll see how things turn out.

putter
September 24th, 2005, 10:46 PM
CM,

I have to agree with Ronbo. A young D can gel and be very good by the end of the year so don't write them off yet. Especially with how up and down this year is going so far!

Maroon&White
September 24th, 2005, 10:55 PM
Are those true freshmen or redshirt freshmen?

ChickenMan
September 24th, 2005, 11:08 PM
UD is currently playing 12 redshirt Fr and 6 true Fr...

blukeys
September 24th, 2005, 11:16 PM
UD is currently playing 12 redshirt Fr and 6 true Fr...

Looking at that number and after attending the first 3 games I can't help but think. If a team doesn't beat us this year then they don't stand a chance in '06, '07, and '08. :D :D

Livgriz
September 24th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Don't discount nor forget about the sophmore curse :)

blukeys
September 24th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Don't discount nor forget about the sophmore curse :)

There is also a junior and senior curse. So far Omar Cuff is dealing well with the Sophomore jinx 10 TD's in 3 games.

89Hen
September 24th, 2005, 11:49 PM
Cuff is definitely a bright spot. 117 yards tonight, two rushing TD's and one receiving TD. I really didn't like the way Riccio played though. Threw the ball at receivers feet a couple of times, looked flustered when he had to scramble. He did have that one really nice run in the third quarter. DB's looked shaky again IMO. Playcalling seemed awfully conservative again, especially in the first half. I don't know what to make of this team. First road game next week, but shouldn't be too much, no offense to the Tiger fans. Maybe this is just what this team needed, a decent opponent in HC, a good one in Lehigh, but nothing too tough.

Here's Cuff going in for his first TD tonight....

DaGriz
September 24th, 2005, 11:51 PM
That sounds just like Montana last year.

Last year? How about this year? Our D is playing well but our O is struggling, top 10 I think not. It's early though.

89Hen
September 24th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Hobby actually got a kickoff deep in the second half! Looked very solid on PATs, but never got to attempt a FG.

HensRock
September 24th, 2005, 11:56 PM
I have to agree with CM. This team is young and talented. That translates into this team could beat anyone, but also lose to anyone. A road game at Towson will be a bigger test than I think a lot of Hen fans realize. I don't like our chances, truth be known. Then Hofstra will absolutely LIGHT UP our secondary!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

youwouldno
September 24th, 2005, 11:57 PM
It's one thing to say UD isn't a top 10 team... but it's another to put 10 teams ahead of them at this point.

Livgriz
September 25th, 2005, 12:25 AM
There is also a junior and senior curse. So far Omar Cuff is dealing well with the Sophomore jinx 10 TD's in 3 games.
Yes he is. Real well against at this point arguably cupcakeish competition. We will all see if Omar gets cuffed when the Chikons meet a true I-AA playoff calibur defense.

ChickenMan
September 25th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Yes he is. Real well against at this point arguably cupcakeish competition. We will all see if Omar gets cuffed when the Chikons meet a true I-AA playoff calibur defense.

I may be down on UD's playoff chances at the momemt... but there is NO doubt that Omar Cuff is the real deal. As for his competition... check with JMU and W&M... two pretty good 1AA squads in '04... they both got a good look at Cuff's abilities last year when he rushed for about 300 yrds in two games vs the Dukes and the Tribe.... ;)

UD77
September 25th, 2005, 06:16 AM
[QUOTE=89Hen]Cuff is definitely a bright spot. 117 yards tonight, two rushing TD's and one receiving TD. I really didn't like the way Riccio played though. Threw the ball at receivers feet a couple of times, looked flustered when he had to scramble. He did have that one really nice run in the third quarter. DB's looked shaky again IMO. Playcalling seemed awfully conservative again, especially in the first half. I don't know what to make of this team. First road game next week, but shouldn't be too much, no offense to the Tiger fans. Maybe this is just what this team needed, a decent opponent in HC, a good one in Lehigh, but nothing too tough.

Actually, Cuff had 177 yards rushing (2 TD) and 27 receiving (1 TD). 10 TD for the year. He is the real thing plus Jones is a great back up, we really don't loose much when he comes in. Total of 306 yards rushing. Considering all the injuries on the O line this rushing is very impressive. The team will get better, I am not worried so much about the Offense as the defense. We are still playing too soft on the pass.

Jaxhen
September 25th, 2005, 07:51 AM

I wouldn't say that Lehigh and Holy Cross are cupcakes. Cuff is outstanding. It depends on if the offensive line, which is banged up right now with its two best players out with injuries, continues to give him enough of a hole against the stiffer competition. As Chicken Man pointed out, Cuff was great last year against top tier I-AA teams. If the young players on this team continue to improve and the injuries stop, this could be a dangerous team at the end of the year. Thank goodness for the favorable schedule at the beginning of the year. I do think the next game will tell us a lot about the maturity of this very young team. Although Towson is struggling, the game is away from home, against an A-10 opponent that has been scoring lots of points.

RadMann
September 25th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Articles about the game for those interested:

Hens take their time
UD starts slowly, surges late to beat Holy Cross
BY KEVIN TRESOLINI / The News Journal
09/25/2005

NEWARK -- "The University of Delaware's patience was severely tested but ultimately rewarded on Saturday night at Delaware Stadium.

The Blue Hens took their good old time in vanquishing Holy Cross, not even scoring their first points until the final minute of the first half, which ended tied.

But a second-half scoring spree eased the apprehension that certainly gripped many of the 22,025 gathered inside Delaware Stadium, where the Hens pulled away for a belatedly convincing 35-23 football victory....."
News Journal (http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050925/SPORTS07/509250320/1002/SPORTS)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Riccio uses variety of targets
BY BUDDY HURLOCK / The News Journal
09/25/2005

NEWARK -- "With its leading receiver sidelined, the University of Delaware football team needed someone to pick up the slack Saturday night.

As it turned out, that duty was spread around. Quarterback Sonny Riccio completed passes to seven different receivers in a 35-23 victory over Holy Cross at Delaware Stadium.

Through two games, tight end Justin LaForgia led the team with eight catches. He sat out Saturday because of a shoulder injury....."
News Journal (http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050925/SPORTS07/509250330/1002/SPORTS)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Jespersen, Gunthorpe get first starts
Injuries take a toll on Delaware defense
BY KEVIN TRESOLINI / The News Journal
09/25/2005

NEWARK -- "The University of Delaware's bid to find better defensive continuity could have been undermined by injuries, some new and some old, Saturday night at Delaware Stadium.

Two regulars did not suit up because of injuries -- starting defensive end Stephen Purkey (surgery on torn hand tendon) and backup cornerback Zach Thomas (shoulder). Also, starting safety Nicos Chavis (shoulder) dressed but was limited to special teams duty......"
News Journal (http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050925/SPORTS07/509250331/1002/SPORTS)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hens get by Holy Cross
By Andy Walter, Delaware State News

NEWARK — "Holy Cross was supposed to provide not much more than a tuneup for

Delaware's Atlantic 10 schedule.

But somebody forgot to tell the Crusaders.

Underdog Holy Cross gave the sixth-ranked Blue Hens everything it could handle before Delaware finally pulled away to a 35-23 win over the Crusaders before a sellout crowd of 22,025 on Saturday night.

The Hens (3-0) will go into next Saturday's A-10 opener at Towson with its unbeaten record still intact. Saturday's victory, however, was anything but easy......"

Delaware State News (http://www.newszap.com/articles/2005/09/24/dm/central_delaware/sports/dsnspt03.txt)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Delaware strikes fast, downs HC

By Associated Press | September 25, 2005

"Delaware scored three straight touchdowns in the second half to erase a 3-point Holy Cross lead and the Blue Hens pulled away to beat the Crusaders, 35-23, yesterday in a nonconference game in Newark.

John O'Neil hit Sean Gruber with a 39-yard TD pass to put Holy Cross up, 17-14, with 6:05 left in the third quarter....."
Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/articles/2005/09/25/delaware_strikes_fast_downs_hc/)

colgate13
September 25th, 2005, 08:13 AM

:rolleyes: whatever.

colgate13
September 25th, 2005, 08:15 AM
It's one thing to say UD isn't a top 10 team... but it's another to put 10 teams ahead of them at this point.

My thoughts exactly. They will be #2 in my poll this week. who else is stepping up and deserving it? UD is 3-0 with a quality win against Lehigh and what could turn out to be a fair win against HC. They just might be a winning team this year.

RadMann
September 25th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Pics of the game from the News Journal:
News Journal (http://vh10018.v1.moc.gbahn.net/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BL&Date=20050925&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=509250320&Ref=V2&Profile=1002&title=1)
News Journal (http://vh10018.v1.moc.gbahn.net/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BL&Date=20050925&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=509250320&Ref=H3&Profile=1002&title=1)
News Journal (http://vh10018.v1.moc.gbahn.net/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BL&Date=20050925&Category=SPORTS07&ArtNo=509250320&Ref=AR&Profile=1002&title=1)

ngineer
September 25th, 2005, 08:59 AM
After seeing the first three UD games I have to say that the Hens are not worthy of a Top 10 ranking... they are a true work in progress as they are currently playing too many very young players far sooner than was expected. The offense started started four Sophs on the OL and two Freshman at WR. On defense the inexperience was even worse... as at one point UD's entire secondary was comprised of Freshmen DBs... while at the same time three more Freshmen were playing on the 'D' as well... two at LB and another at DE. That's seven... Freshmen :eek: on the field at the same time and this was while the outcome of the games was still undecided. UD also played three other Freshmen on offense at various points during the game. Make no mistake... these kids have 'talent'... but their inexperience leads to mistakes and once conference play starts... UD won't be able to afford those kinds of errors. How UD does down the road will depend on how fast these young guys grow up... but the fact is... right now this UD squad is far from a Top 10 caliber team.

While I understand the observation, I can only think.. but when compared to what? They are undefeated. Granted the wins may not be as 'pretty' as wished for, but when you look at the mass of destruction in the I-AA this year, UD is still coming through unscathed. Take it while you got it. As Gen. Patton used to quote,"all glory if fleeting".

MR. CHICKEN
September 25th, 2005, 09:23 AM
LADS...WINNIN' IS ALL DAT COUNTS.....AN' WE DOIN' DAT!.....DON'T EARN POINTS FO' PRETTY!......:nod:..........BRAWK!

OUR WHITTLE BABY-BOOMERS ARE DOIN' STUFF.......LIKE COMIN' FROM BEHIND..........UH MARK O' UH GOOD TEAM........AN' WE ARE FIGHTIN' OFF DUH INJURY BUG............AN' ALL DUH WHEELS ARE STILL ON DUH WAGON!..........:nod:........AWK!

DUH BLUEHENS...ARE BIG PLAY CAPABLE........CAN GO BORIN' FO' THREE Q's....DEN EXPLODE...LIKE DUH 4th O' JULY!.........:nod:....SQWAK!

blukeys
September 25th, 2005, 09:33 AM
My thoughts exactly. They will be #2 in my poll this week. who else is stepping up and deserving it? UD is 3-0 with a quality win against Lehigh and what could turn out to be a fair win against HC. They just might be a winning team this year.

HC looked like a solid team. I believe they can do some damage this year. They are balanced and don't seem to make many mistakes. PL teams would do well not to underestimate them. ;)

ChickenMan
September 25th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Although I'm not sure what UD is... Holy Cross looked like a pretty solid club that should win more than a few games in the Patriot League. They are well coached... compete well... don't make mistakes. HC also has a good running game (Silva) to go along with a competent QB and a decent defense. I'm sure they were much better than most UD fans expected.

umassfan
September 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM
We will see what Cuff does vs I-AAs best on 11/15

FightinBluHen51
September 25th, 2005, 02:41 PM
But it's still nice being this young and this inexperienced and still being 3-0 with a win over a top 15 team inlcuded in that. Most of the mistakes will obviously come, and have come, early in the year. But if you can play games where you can make those mistakes and still win you're just that much better off. On the bright side, the offense continues to look solid, although sometimes a little slow to get started. Cuff continues to look like one of the best RB's in the A10, and now even in all of IAA, so things aren't too bad. Obviously UD needs to play better if they hope to beat the likes of Hofstra and JMU in the near future, but they still have 4 more home games this year and those teams need to come to Delaware - like I said, a 3-0 start is better than almost anyone, me included, would have said UD would have so we're already ahead of things. It could be worse.

The offense looks solid? The only thing that's actually solid enough to note is Omar Cuff. Plain and simple he is our offense right now. Until we stop being so vanilla and running the same draw play or straight give up the middle, the A10 will eat us alive. We are gonna have to learn to use our receivers, even if they are freshmen and open things up so that bread and butter play will work. No offense to HC, LU, or WCUPA, but their Dlines did decent jobs for most of the game and I'm sure some of the A10 teams we face will be as good and better. Top 10 team, maybe, but that's just a given as far as what others have done in front of and behind of us in the polls so far this season. DEFINATELY NOT top 5!

FightinBluHen51
September 25th, 2005, 02:44 PM

We traditionally have a bullseye in the A10, it's nothing new.

FightinBluHen51
September 25th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I may be down on UD's playoff chances at the momemt... but there is NO doubt that Omar Cuff is the real deal. As for his competition... check with JMU and W&M... two pretty good 1AA squads in '04... they both got a good look at Cuff's abilities last year when he rushed for about 300 yrds in two games vs the Dukes and the Tribe.... ;)

160+ in both of those games CM.

FightinBluHen51
September 25th, 2005, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=89Hen]We are still playing too soft on the pass.

Though it looked a bit better in the second half. The twins show some promise though I'da like the pass breakup better than a shot at an INT on that one hell of a grab on HC's last scoring drive. :nod:

GannonFan
September 25th, 2005, 02:49 PM
The offense looks solid? The only thing that's actually solid enough to note is Omar Cuff. Plain and simple he is our offense right now. Until we stop being so vanilla and running the same draw play or straight give up the middle, the A10 will eat us alive. We are gonna have to learn to use our receivers, even if they are freshmen and open things up so that bread and butter play will work. No offense to HC, LU, or WCUPA, but their Dlines did decent jobs for most of the game and I'm sure some of the A10 teams we face will be as good and better. Top 10 team, maybe, but that's just a given as far as what others have done in front of and behind of us in the polls so far this season. DEFINATELY NOT top 5!

UD did the same thing last year - kept the offense pretty basic through the first part of the season when they played an easy schedule, and then starting with the first real tough team of the year they opened things up against Maine and away they went. They have definitely held a lot back in the games against WCu and HC so I would think still scoring more than 70 points in 2 games with holding the offense back is a good sign.

FightinBluHen51
September 25th, 2005, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't say that Lehigh and Holy Cross are cupcakes. Cuff is outstanding. It depends on if the offensive line, which is banged up right now with its two best players out with injuries, continues to give him enough of a hole against the stiffer competition. As Chicken Man pointed out, Cuff was great last year against top tier I-AA teams. If the young players on this team continue to improve and the injuries stop, this could be a dangerous team at the end of the year. Thank goodness for the favorable schedule at the beginning of the year. I do think the next game will tell us a lot about the maturity of this very young team. Although Towson is struggling, the game is away from home, against an A-10 opponent that has been scoring lots of points.

But the help @ Towson will be from a Large UD contingent and the UD band. It will only be an away game in name.

FightinBluHen51
September 25th, 2005, 02:51 PM

Again, still over rated, IMO. I think we will fall somewhere around No. 8 or current (post week 3 games) No. 9 in mine.

FightinBluHen51
September 25th, 2005, 02:52 PM
UD did the same thing last year - kept the offense pretty basic through the first part of the season when they played an easy schedule, and then starting with the first real tough team of the year they opened things up against Maine and away they went. They have definitely held a lot back in the games against WCu and HC so I would think still scoring more than 70 points in 2 games with holding the offense back is a good sign.

I hope that you're right GF and I know we don't want to show too much on film for the A10 schedule but...at some point, you have to tip your cap.

GannonFan
September 25th, 2005, 02:55 PM
I hope that you're right GF and I know we don't want to show too much on film for the A10 schedule but...at some point, you have to tip your cap.

That may have to come as early as next week - Homecoming for Towson in front of a sellout crowd will be a difficult test, especially considering it's the first road game for the youngsters. Obviously, get the ball to Cuff early and often.

FightinBluHen51
September 25th, 2005, 02:56 PM
HC looked like a solid team. I believe they can do some damage this year. They are balanced and don't seem to make many mistakes. PL teams would do well not to underestimate them. ;)

LU will have problems with them next week. I think they played very well against us last week and have definately earned a spot on the "watch list" for the rest of the year. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get some votes this week, though should not place inside the top 25. Beat Lehigh next week after having losted to Harvard (by 10), Delaware (by 12) as well as steam rolling those they should have, Probably safe to call them a No 20~25 team, pending on who's done what.

FightinBluHen51
September 25th, 2005, 02:59 PM
That may have to come as early as next week - Homecoming for Towson in front of a sellout crowd will be a difficult test, especially considering it's the first road game for the youngsters. Obviously, get the ball to Cuff early and often.

Again...it maybe a sell out (though I have heard there are still tix available as friends of mine just bought 3~5 this week as late as Friday) and UD fans will be there in force. I mean, I'm travling down (actually, close to TU than UD for me) with 9 other friends and I know people from work are going and obviously fellow board members. Again, the UD band will be there as well, and for some reason they usually get amped up for most away games, especially under the lights. Dunno, but it helps to have someone playing first down, superman, and whatever else they can while in the stands.

89Hen
September 25th, 2005, 04:53 PM
LADS...WINNIN' IS ALL DAT COUNTS.....AN' WE DOIN' DAT!.....DON'T EARN POINTS FO' PRETTY
You're right. Not comparing this team to 2003, but anyone remember squeakers over UNH (before they were a top 10 team) and Maine? Just win baby.

Tubby Raymond
September 25th, 2005, 05:08 PM

If we win only one conferance game this season, I hope it is that one, so that you will crawl back into your hole. :mad:

ChickenMan
September 25th, 2005, 05:08 PM

So now UMass has the 'best' defense in all of 1AA... :rolleyes:

if nothing else... you are consistant... consistantly overvaluing your Minutemen...

PS... we have already seen what Mr Cuff can do vs 1AA's 'best'... 170 yrds vs JMU in Harrisonburg last year... ;)

Pantherpower
September 25th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I don't know how you can keep Delaware out of the top 10. While the wins (some) haven't been pretty, a win's a win. They're at least top 10 if not top 5.

Chi Panther
September 25th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Can someone paste in Delaware's Starting Offense and Defense.

Are you guys serious...that you are starting 18 True and RedShirt Freshman?

That is amazing if True.....

FlyBoy8
September 26th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Are you guys serious...that you are starting 18 True and RedShirt Freshman?

Not starting, playing. "Only" five freshmen have started a game, and that includes our true freshman kicker.

HensRock
September 26th, 2005, 12:43 AM
I don't think whoever said that meant that all of these freshmen were starters, but they have participated a lot. For the most recent game (Holy Cross) only 1 starter on Offense and 2 on defense (plus the starting kicker) were Freshman. But there are a lot of Sophomores starting as well. ALL 2nd string WRs, LBs, and RBs are Freshmen.
Most 2nd string DB's as well. And they all see the field.

I count 15 Freshman that got playing time against HC.

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 08:00 AM
From the HC game....

Delaware

POS ## OFFENSE
TE 87 Steve Selk
WR 7 Brian Ingram
WR 18 Joe Bleymaier
WR 1 Kervin Michaud - Fr R
LT 74 Brian Sims
LG 64 Greg Benson (Soph)
C 63 Mark Ciavirella (Soph)
RG 68 Joel Holler (Soph)
RT 67 Rich Beverley (Soph)
QB 5 Sonny Riccio
RB 28 Omar Cuff (Soph)

POS ## DEFENSE
LE 97 Bubba Jespersen
LT 33 Jeremy Kametz (Soph)
RT 51 Tom Parks
RE 11 Matt Marcorelle (Fr)
LB 45 KeiAn. Hepburn
LB 44 John Mulhern
LB 55 Marquez Davis (Soph)
CB 15 Rashaad Woodard
SS 23 Rafig Gunthorpe (Fr R)
FS 32 Kyle Campbell
CB 4 Roger Brown

2-Nicos Chavis
3-Fred Andrew DB (Fr R)
8-Danny Jones RB (Fr R)
9-Armand Cauthen WR (Fr R)
14-Jon Heydt WR (Fr R)
16-Zach Hobby PK (Fr)
17-Aaron Love WR, PR (Fr R)
19-Mike Weber
24-Jahi. Gunthorpe WR (Fr R)
36-Brett Wharton
37-Aaron Hicks DB (Fr)
40 -Niquan Lee
42-Brian Brown LB (Fr)
46-Dem. Alexander LB (Fr R)
48-Dominic Madigan
57-Erik Johnson LB (Fr R)
70-Kheon Hendricks OL (Fr R)
81-Mike Mailey
88-David Beachy TE (Fr R)
89-Sean Sweeney (Soph)
95-Michael Sothern (Soph)
96-Rachid Stoury
99-Randall James

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 08:02 AM
IFor the most recent game (Holy Cross) only 1 starter on Offense and 2 on defense (plus the starting kicker) were Freshman.
Don't forget a freshman punt returner. :D

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 08:05 AM
After reading this, I think I will drop Delaware out of my top 25. :D

ChickenMan
September 26th, 2005, 08:06 AM
From the HC game....

Delaware

2-Nicos Chavis
3-Fred Andrew DB (Fr R)
8-Danny Jones RB (Fr R)
9-Armand Cauthen WR (Fr R)
14-Jon Heydt WR (Fr R)
16-Zach Hobby PK (Fr)
17-Aaron Love WR, PR (Fr R)
19-Mike Weber
24-Jahi. Gunthorpe WR (Fr R)
36-Brett Wharton
37-Aaron Hicks DB (Fr)
40 -Niquan Lee
42-Brian Brown
46-Dem. Alexander LB (Fr R)
48-Dominic Madigan
57-Erik Johnson LB (Fr R)
70-Kheon Hendricks OL (Fr R)
81-Mike Mailey
88-David Beachy TE (Fr R)
89-Sean Sweeney (Soph)
95-Michael Sothern (Soph)
96-Rachid Stoury
99-Randall James

#42... Brian Brown is also a true Freshman

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 09:08 AM
#42... Brian Brown is also a true Freshman
Damn, just got my second cup of coffee. Thanks CM, fixed.

MR. CHICKEN
September 26th, 2005, 09:59 AM
LADS.........KHEON HENDRICKS.....#49.....COMES IN WHIFF MADIGAN #48....IN DUH "ELEPHANT" BACKFIELD....SHORT YARDAGE PACKAGE!........:nod:.........BRAWK!

ChickenMan
September 26th, 2005, 10:02 AM
I think we are up to... 18 freshmen who played meaningful minutes vs HC.