PDA

View Full Version : Recruit picks Dayton over The Citadel!!

DetroitFlyer
February 16th, 2008, 09:32 AM
http://www.swohiofootball.com/id11.html

LT Owen Elger is a brute and will be a nice fit at UD deciding to play close to friends and family passing on Citadel, Flyer fans #71 is a special player.

Good news for the Flyers, out-recruiting the Citidel for this promising offensive lineman!!

To be fair and balanced, however, Dayton lost a fine running back to Holy Cross.... The PL seems to be hitting Ohio hard this year.

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=399549&Category=17&subCategoryID=29

Holy Cross plays in the Division I-AA Patriot League. The Crusaders were 7-4 last season. Swigert also considered Dayton.

Dane96
February 16th, 2008, 10:18 AM
WOW...earth shattering news!

CID1990
February 16th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Signing day was a week or two ago wasn't it?

dgreco
February 16th, 2008, 10:53 AM
location location location.....

401ks
February 16th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Signing day was a week or two ago wasn't it?

Just to be precise...

"Signing Day" is just the FIRST day of the National Letter of Intent (NLI) signing period that lasts until April 1.

Also, football programs of the Ivy, Patriot, and Pioneer Leagues do not participate in the NLI program since they do not offer athletic grants-in-aid for football.

Congrats to Dayton on a nice pick-up.

As an aside, I can't tell you how impressed my son and I were with the Dayton coaching staff and the entire Dayton program. xthumbsupx

ngineer
February 16th, 2008, 09:41 PM

LT Owen Elger is a brute and will be a nice fit at UD deciding to play close to friends and family passing on Citadel, Flyer fans #71 is a special player.

Good news for the Flyers, out-recruiting the Citidel for this promising offensive lineman!!

To be fair and balanced, however, Dayton lost a fine running back to Holy Cross.... The PL seems to be hitting Ohio hard this year.

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=399549&Category=17&subCategoryID=29

Holy Cross plays in the Division I-AA Patriot League. The Crusaders were 7-4 last season. Swigert also considered Dayton.

Guess he decided "to take a flyer" on Dayton...Nice pick up. And you are correct. I've noticed that a number of nice recruits from OH are matriculating at Patriot schools this coming year. Lehigh has snagged a few from the Cleveland area, I hear. Official list to come out later this coming week.

seantaylor
February 17th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Smack and more.

Uncle Buck
February 17th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Also two very different college experiences.

Hoyadestroya85
February 17th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Smack

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2008, 01:50 PM
smack

You will learn that DetroitFlyer is one of those fans who make a big deal over something that is not when it comes to Dayton...

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 17th, 2008, 02:27 PM
smack

Was that really called for? xrolleyesx

Millwoch
February 17th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Did this kid even visit The Citadel? I do not remember him visiting, but a good pick up for Drayton. The good news is we are after a lot more athletes under coach Higgins and lost some kids to our conference rivals like FU, Appy, and Woff. We also got some they were after, ie the Buncum kid from stratford and the QB Migual Starks from GA.

phillyAPP
February 17th, 2008, 03:40 PM
smack

What do you know about Citadel Football?xeyebrowx

And I do know Villanova. Nova vs Cit game would be good game. Citadel has a VERY respectible football team.

08Dawg
February 17th, 2008, 08:20 PM

You see where my mind is...when I saw LT I thought, "What's a lieutenant doing playing football?" xlolx Yeah, I'm kinda out of it!

citdog
February 18th, 2008, 07:53 AM
smack and more

is that how gsu recruits? you blow all of the prospects during their official visit?

citdog
February 18th, 2008, 07:57 AM
smack

when you hit puberty i'm gonna make you pay for that remark. The Citadel Bulldogs would beat Gtown as badly as we wanted to. You should be Divison III.

Tribe4SF
February 18th, 2008, 08:05 AM
when you hit puberty i'm gonna make you pay for that remark. The Citadel Bulldogs would beat Gtown as badly as we wanted to. You should be Divison III.

Not supporting his post, but Hoyadestroya is a Villanova fan. His name refers to beating Georgetown....in basketball. He's past puberty though, so you can go ahead and kick his butt.:D

Hoyadestroya85
February 18th, 2008, 08:58 AM

Georgetown should absolutely be Division III.. Is there any question?

phillyAPP
February 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM

Cit Dog - He has a Villanova helmit on.

Living in the past, the 1985 B-ball game with G-town which I watched in bar on Lancaster pike in Bryn Mawr,pa.

Its funny because Citadel has 3 recruits from phlly thisyear that played within 15 mies from Nova.

Hoyadestroya85
February 18th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Cit Dog - He has a Villanova helmit on.

Living in the past, the 1985 B-ball game with G-town which I watched in bar on Lancaster pike in Bryn Mawr,pa.

Its funny because Citadel has 3 recruits from phlly thisyear that played within 15 mies from Nova.
There is a simple explanation for our Lack of recruiting Prowess in our area.. A lot of our recruits come from Ohio and California.. as well as Jersey.. Kids in this area are not very enthused about going to Nova (they call it Villanofun).

Go...gate
February 18th, 2008, 05:19 PM

Georgetown will have their day. The Citadel has had its ups and downs too.

More importantly, welcome back, Citdog. :)

Hoyadestroya85
February 18th, 2008, 08:56 PM
I read an article earlier this year about how Georgetown wanted to start taking football seriously...
It's just such a basketball school that the students really have to get into it to make it work.. that's the problem we have had here for the last 20 years or so...
Considering we Hardly sold out when we Had The Greatest Running back in FCS history (Westbrook), One of the Greatest Receivers in FCS History (Finneran), One of the Most prolific Quarterbacks in FCS History (Boden), and one of the Greatest offensive minds in FCS history (Clawson) all together on the same team combined with that Undefeated Regular Season in 97.. We had something special yet our students largely ignored it because all of our natural rivals play at a different level than us.