Coastal Carolina 3

7:01, 2nd Quarter

dungeonjoe
September 24th, 2005, 07:19 PM
14 CCU
6 DSU 3:11 left in 2nd

coastalalum
September 24th, 2005, 07:42 PM
coastal has 4 turnovers in the first half. both of dsu's 'scoring drives' came from turnovers that started them on coastal's 15 yard line. they converted both into field goals. 14-6 at the half.

Coastal89
September 24th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Delaware State 1st half stats

TOTAL OFFENSIVE PLAYS 31
TOTAL NET YARDS 87

Penalties: Number-Yards 13-105

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Any given Saturday...

JMU loses at CCU then holds DSU to 24 offensive yards in the first half and 88 total offensive yards for the game.

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Coastal Carolina 17
Delaware State 6

5:07, 3rd Quarter

dungeonjoe
September 24th, 2005, 08:34 PM
CCU 24 DSU 6 11:44 in 4th

SuperJon
September 25th, 2005, 12:05 AM
That game was effing horrible. Once again, like last week, I'll post the same post-game quick thoughts that I put on the Coastal board.

The game itself was horrible. I don't know why, but it was just a bad game. It seemed like we were fumbling every other play, and then a lot of the passes seemed to be telegraphed. There were also a few times in the 4th quarter that we dropped back into zone or something and left the middle of the field wide open for their QB to run.

Before the year started they talked about how they wanted to be a better passing team, yet we run the ball 75% of the time (or it seems like). We beat JMU going shotgun with 3 or 4 wide, allowing ourselves to throw or run the ball. Pretty much anytime we don't line up shotgun we run the ball. I haven't jumped on the Spread Offense bandwagon completely yet but it seems like it'd be best for our team. With our personel, we could legitimately do all of these formations:

Shotgun, 3 wide, TE, RB
Shotgun, 3 wide, 2 RB
Shotgun, 3 wide, 2 TE, empty backfield
Shotgun, 4 wide, 1 RB, 0 TE

I, personally, would love lining up in the 3 wide with two RBs, and then have the option of motioning out one of the backs into trips on one side or twins on both sides. You could occasionally line up a receiver in the backfield and he'd be a threat to go out on a route or to block. That's just my opinion and my opinion means jack crap.