PDA

View Full Version : Richmond leading Vany

DTSpider
September 24th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Still in the first quarter, but I figured I should take the shot while I could. Richmond is up 3-0 and has surprising moved the ball very well on offense. First drive got down far before being killed by penalties and second resulted in a 30-yard field goal.

Spider
September 24th, 2005, 07:00 PM
7-6 vandy, 2nd qtr...spiders moving well on O....

Hoo-ah
September 24th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Go Spiders (my local team) !!!

DTSpider
September 24th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Vandy up 17-6 at the half. Richmond is killing themselves with penalties. 2 offsides in a row allowed Vandy to convert and get in field goal range. A few holdings caused us to settle to field goals. Richmond is without 3 starters on defense due to a violation of team rules, including the defensive captain. Richmond has shown that they can hang in there. Just need to create a few breaks.

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Richmond 6 at Vanderbilt 23 (8:22, 3rd Quarter)

JMU Duke Dog
September 24th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Richmond 6 at Vanderbilt 31 (5:42, 3rd Quarter)

ekufbfan
September 25th, 2005, 07:08 AM
I saw the score on TV last night when Richmond was up on Vandy..wish they could have pulled that one out. EKU played Vandy last year very tough and you could see EKU was not going to have a chance to pull it out (EKU-7/Vandy-19) Every time we were in the red zone we were flagged and it killed our drives and we had one touchdown called back. However, the real kicker is Vandy had zero, zilch, nada, no penalities....no holding, no offsides, no illegal blocks..NOTHING! Now, I am not saying we would have won, but I have been watching college football for over 30 years and never have I been to game or watched a game where one team was penalized like we were and the other one is not flagged at all! In the hotel after the game, some Vandy fans were laughing about the refs having the yellow flags sewed into their pockets...that's the price of playing IA I know, however, you would think they would not be so obvious!!