Oct. 25 Nicholls State (HC)*
Nov. 1 at Southeastern Louisiana*
Nov. 8 Stephen F. Austin*
Nov. 15 at Northwestern State*
Nov. 22 at Central Arkansas*

*denotes Conference Game

GeauxLions94
February 15th, 2008, 12:45 AM
All kidding aside on the Nov. 1 game, could see an 9-2, 10-1 season for Pokes this season. Except for the 9/27 game, a pretty nice schedule. xthumbsupx

Aug. 30 at North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Loss, but closer than most think
Sept. 6 Delta State - Win, but closer than most think
Sept. 13 Cal Poly - Win
Sept. 20 Open - Win xsmiley_wix
Sept. 27 Southern Virginia University - Win ... Game over when ink dried on contract
Oct. 4 at South Dakota State - Loss
Oct. 11 Texas State* - Win, sending them off to great success in FBS xsmiley_wix
Oct. 18 at Sam Houston State* - Win
Oct. 25 Nicholls State (HC)* - Win
Nov. 1 at Southeastern Louisiana* - Loss, sorry ... I got to play the Homer role
Nov. 8 Stephen F. Austin* - Win
Nov. 15 at Northwestern State* - Win
Nov. 22 at Central Arkansas* - Win (but could go other way)

slostang
February 15th, 2008, 12:58 AM
All kidding aside on the Nov. 1 game, could see an 9-2, 10-1 season for Pokes this season. Except for the 9/27 game, a pretty nice schedule. xthumbsupx

Sept. 13 Cal Poly - Win?????
Sept. 27 Southern Virginia University - Win ... Game over when ink dried on contract
Oct. 11 Texas State* - Win, sending them off to great success in FBS xsmiley_wix
Nov. 1 at Southeastern Louisiana* - Loss, sorry ... I got to play the Homer role

Sept. 13th may be a win for McNeese State, but I would not count it as a W just yet. Cal Poly returns 10 of 11 starters (they lose one OL to graduation) off the #1 offense of 2007 (487 yds/gm) and the #6 scoring offense (39.3 pts/gm). They return 8 starters on defense. I think that Cal Poly will give McNeese a game.

Panther88
February 15th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Why not SU on Sept 20th? xconfusedx The 4yr contract between SU and FAMU is in jeapordy due to a scheduling quirk that pits FAMU vs HowardU in Philly on that exact same date. I think the organizers in Philly have taken off w/ preparations and that game will indeed occur. Therefore, Sept 20th could probably be an open date for SU.

Lastly, I know it's hard to "forget" but do like some of you speak when you ask others to "forget past transgressions of wrong doing." xreadx (that mon frere was a VERY, VERY loaded statement) ;)

McNeeserocket
February 15th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Why not SU on Sept 20th? xconfusedx The 4yr contract between SU and FAMU is in jeapordy due to a scheduling quirk that pits FAMU vs HowardU in Philly on that exact same date. I think the organizers in Philly have taken off w/ preparations and that game will indeed occur. Therefore, Sept 20th could probably be an open date for SU.

Lastly, I know it's hard to "forget" but do like some of you speak when you ask others to "forget past transgressions of wrong doing." xreadx (that mon frere was a VERY, VERY loaded statement) ;)

I for one would be interested in a game with Southern on Sept. 20th, but only if Southern comes to Lake Charles. I think it would be a great way to finish out the contract from 2005 when the game in Lake Charles was canceled after Hurricane Katrina.

Panther88
February 15th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I for one would be interested in a game with Southern on Sept. 20th, but only if Southern comes to Lake Charles. I think it would be a great way to finish out the contract from 2005 when the game in Lake Charles was canceled after Hurricane Katrina.

Sounds doable. What's the problemo?

DFW HOYA
February 15th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Southern Virginia? What, Stevens Tech wasn't available?

Here was the 2007 SVU schedule. They lost 45-14 to the Newport News Apprentice School.

Guilford (III)
Ferrum (III)
Lincoln (II)
George Mason (club)
WV State (II)
Kentucky Christian (NAIA)
Frostburg State (III)
Apprentice (club)
Edward Waters (NAIA)

http://www.svu.edu/athletics/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=65

Tribe4SF
February 15th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Delta State and Southern Virginia? I don't get the penchant for Southland teams to schedule so many non D-I games.

patssle
February 15th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Delta State and Southern Virginia? I don't get the penchant for Southland teams to schedule so many non D-I games.

Maybe because the only way for SLC teams to play other FCS schools is to fly across the country?

GannonFan
February 15th, 2008, 09:25 AM

Agreed - huge blemish on the schedule. SDSU, Cal Poly, and UNC were good, but they ruined an otherwise good schedule with two crappy games like that. xnonono2x

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 09:30 AM
It's a 12 game year...

McNeese had one sub-Div I game, which was expected (it's the SLC) and they wanted another home game as they can make some $$$ -- all they could get was a sub-Div I. I don't blame them on getting a 12th game...

lizrdgizrd
February 15th, 2008, 09:38 AM
It's a 12 game year...

McNeese had one sub-Div I game, which was expected (it's the SLC) and they wanted another home game as they can make some $$$ -- all they could get was a sub-Div I. I don't blame them on getting a 12th game...
Trade SU for SVU and your schedule looks a whole lot more attractive. xnodx

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 09:51 AM

Of course it does -- but SU was no good to McNeese a few years ago, dropping out of that game in Lake Charles. There's a lot of ill feelings about that one still...

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM

Sept. 13 Cal Poly - Win

I CAN'T AGREE.

This is a HORIBLE schedule, but I don't blame anyone. It's not easy to get a school to travel to The Hole after the kind of year McNeese had. It never was easy.

UT, I see the good possiblility of another undefeated season here. UNC is not any better than UL-Lafayette was, and this McNeese team might be better than last years, with a Key JuCO pick-up and the return of All-American Steven Whitehead.

lizrdgizrd
February 15th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Of course it does -- but SU was no good to McNeese a few years ago, dropping out of that game in Lake Charles. There's a lot of ill feelings about that one still...
So here is the chance for everyone to kiss and make up. xnodx

McNeeserocket
February 15th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Agreed - huge blemish on the schedule. SDSU, Cal Poly, and UNC were good, but they ruined an otherwise good schedule with two crappy games like that. xnonono2x

Would your team come to Lake Charles to play a game? If so, call our AD and I am very sure he would love to schedule you guys.

The problem is your conference has little problem with home games because 1) you have tons of conference games and 2) you have tons of schools in a relatively short distance to play. Neither of the above is true for Southland Conference schools. Of the teams who are close, like the SWAC teams, they seem uninterested in playing a game at our house or in many cases not interested in playing us period.

McNeese is willing to play anyone, but in this case we needed two home games that didn't require a contract to play the same team next year at their house because we already have two away out of conference games booked for 2009 (one in California and one in South Dakota). In addition, we may have a FBS team we will have to travel to in 2009. So, unless a FCS team was willing to accept a one time away game in Lake Charles or they were willing to let us return the game in 2010 or later we had to settle for a lower division team to come to Lake Charles.

So, if you think that your team wants the deal that I just spelled out in the above paragraph, then bring it on! We are ready for you anytime!!!!!!

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 10:04 AM

THey refused to return our calls...

They didn't have a suitable date for McNeese, which has an open date on September 20th, and can postpone it's Sept. 27th game for a year to make room on our schedule for Southern, but Hey, I gues, they are looking for a game that would be less humiliating for them.

Southern’s proposed
2008 schedule

August
30: at
September
ß6: at
13:
20: Open
27: at *

October
ß4: at *
11: Southern*
18: Open
25: at Prairie View*

November
ß1: Arkansas-Pine Bluff*
ß8: Open
15: *
22: Open
29: Grambling* (Bayou Classic)
*Southwestern Athletic Conference games

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 10:08 AM

We don't have a choice,

We can't get CAA schools to travel down south, even though we are MORE than willing to charter a plane and meet you guy's.

Same with many Gateway and OVC's. All you guy's are a cheap bus ride away from one another.

The SWAC schools simply tell us, "We're not McNeese ready". xeyebrowx

McNeeserocket
February 15th, 2008, 10:09 AM
So here is the chance for everyone to kiss and make up. xnodx

The only problem would be that McNeese does not break contracts (unlike many schools these days). If Southern Virginia Univ. was ok with the change then perhaps something could be done, but we are not going to leave a team in a bind like others have done to us and others.

Tribe4SF
February 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Maybe because the only way for SLC teams to play other FCS schools is to fly across the country?

xlolx Well they've got that covered with Cal Poly, SDSU, UNC and Southern VA.

Isn't there another conference down that way? And a team, or two, in Alabama?xrolleyesx

If the Pokes don't beat UNC, they have to go 7-2 against FCS to qualify, if they don't win the conference.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 10:11 AM

Why won't Delaware come down to play us? Or, Maine, Or UMass????

We've asked until we were blue in the face. YOU GUY'S WILL NOT TRAVEL VIA AIR FOR A HOME AND HOME. You don't have to given all the options that are within a bus ride away.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 10:16 AM

Greg LaFleur, Athletic Director, [email protected]

Phone (225) 771-2711

Please contact him and tell him to do the right thing and Honor the contract by returning the McNeese Home game.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 10:19 AM
The only problem would be that McNeese does not break contracts (unlike many schools these days). If Southern Virginia Univ. was ok with the change then perhaps something could be done, but we are not going to leave a team in a bind like others have done to us and others.

There is an opportunity to satisfy SVU. But not likely given the amount of time SU uses to drag their feet and all the people that have to approve their schedule.

UCAMonkey
February 15th, 2008, 10:21 AM

Delta St. can beat a good number of FCS schools. They dropped the hammer on Jackson State last year.

Virginia Southern is pretty bad but it is difficult to fill a 12 game schedule when UL-Lafayette refuses to play you again.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 10:25 AM
xlolx Well they've got that covered with Cal Poly, SDSU, UNC and Southern VA.

Isn't there another conference down that way? And a team, or two, in Alabama?xrolleyesx

If the Pokes don't beat UNC, they have to go 7-2 against FCS to qualify, if they don't win the conference.

BELOW is what the McNeese AD had to say about our difficulty scheduling...

"We felt that the 11 game schedule we had at the beginning of the week was as good a FCS schedule as there is out there. But, we wanted to add another game to give our fans and the team, the sixth home game that they have become accustomed to over the past few years," McCelland said.

"I can tell you that going 11-0 last season doesn't make scheduling games easy. I've never been turned down more in my whole life than I have been over the last few months. `We're not McNeese ready' is the phrase I continue to get when I ask other programs to play us."

McClelland said that assistant athletic director Ryan Ivey has been a big help in the scheduling process and that the duo was already working on the 2009 schedule and beyond.

McNeese75
February 15th, 2008, 10:30 AM

xconfusedx What makes you think SU is any better than SVU? :D

FCS Preview
February 15th, 2008, 10:37 AM
San Diego fans keep complaining they can't get games against good FCS competition, yet McNeese has to play two D-II schools?

Give SD a one-for-two deal and let them prove how good they are (or are not).

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
San Diego fans keep complaining they can't get games against good FCS competition, yet McNeese has to play two D-II schools?

Not a bad idea, I wonder what their future schedules look like.

I'd love to play them to show them what fscholarship football is all about. And I would not mind a 2 for 1 deal. San Diego is a nive place in the early fall.

McNeese75
February 15th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Not a bad idea, I wonder what their future schedules look like.

I'd love to play them to show them what fscholarship football is all about. And I would not mind a 2 for 1 deal. San Diego is a nive place in the early fall.

One here two there I assume.

slostang
February 15th, 2008, 11:14 AM

San Diego is all talk. They refuse to play Cal Poly and we are in the same state. I am sure they will not travel all the way to Lake Charles to get beat.

If San Diego was really serious about going to the playoffs they would join the Great West Football Conference, but like I said San Diego is all talk.

Panther88
February 15th, 2008, 11:14 AM
We don't have a choice,

We can't get CAA schools to travel down south, even though we are MORE than willing to charter a plane and meet you guy's.

Same with many Gateway and OVC's. All you guy's are a cheap bus ride away from one another.

It's hard for me to believe you when I know FACTUALLY our AD signed a contract for Houston-Astrodome and your place w/ McN in the recent past where we did NOT offer anything above 7.5 athletic scholarships. True, the 9-game coupled w/ rebuilding from scratch (had to schedule some easier opponents that backfired a time or two ;) lol ) kept us from considering local SLCers but that mindset has been modified, I'm sure.

I couldn't hear our AD saying "we're not mcneese ready." Hogwash. xnonox I can't get into this too much because we have something else SLC related on our plate. xnodx :D xrotatehx

McNeese75
February 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Sept. 13th may be a win for McNeese State, but I would not count it as a W just yet. Cal Poly returns 10 of 11 starters (they lose one OL to graduation) off the #1 offense of 2007 (487 yds/gm) and the #6 scoring offense (39.3 pts/gm). They return 8 starters on defense. I think that Cal Poly will give McNeese a game.

I expect this to be a really good game xnodx (And although I hope it is in the W column for the Cowboys I certainly am not feeling all warm and fuzzy about that happening :) ) My early guess is this game will be won or lost by the Cowboy Defense.

McNeese75
February 15th, 2008, 11:38 AM
It's hard for me to believe you when I know FACTUALLY our AD signed a contract for Houston-Astrodome and your place w/ McN in the recent past where we did NOT offer anything above 7.5 athletic scholarships. True, the 9-game coupled w/ rebuilding from scratch (had to schedule some easier opponents that backfired a time or two ;) lol ) kept us from considering local SLCers but that mindset has been modified, I'm sure.

I couldn't hear our AD saying "we're not mcneese ready." Hogwash. xnonox I can't get into this too much because we have something else SLC related on our plate. xnodx :D xrotatehx

I have no idea about what went on this year but I certainly know your school stepped up in 2005 after the storm to play us at the NW State Stadium xbowx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
February 15th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Scheduling up in New England isn't as easy as so many of you folks assume it is. Yes, there are many schools within a bus ride, but they all aren't willing to play you. Most of the Ivy and Patriot teams are within a bus ride. But I think UNH-Dartmouth, URI-Brown and Villanova-Penn are the only CAA-Ivy match-ups. How many CAA-Patriot match-ups are there? Not many! A Patriot school might schedule one CAA opponent despite geographic proximity.

Without the Ivy and Patriot League, UNH has bus trip opportunities with Albany, Stony Brook, Central CT, Marist, Sacred Heart, Iona, Wagner, Monmouth, etc. Not too surprising that Albany has popped up on so many schedules!! And we got hammered last year by many in the AGS world for scheduling Iona to get another home game just like everybody else wants! Don't tell me that scheduling is easy! xwhistlex

Unfortunately, other than the FCS schools with large capacity and excellent attendance, inter-regional games are cost prohibitive, even when it is a home and home. Unless the NCAA all of sudden shares revenues to fund these types of trips, they will remain cost prohibitive. BTW, I'm not holding my breath waiting for the NCAA. xrolleyesx

Back in 2005, Army dropped UNH at a fairly late date. That game was eventually replaced with a game at UC Davis. It is my understanding that UC Davis paid a significant portion of the UNH travel costs. With that as a precedent, I would think that schools like UNH, Maine, URI, Northeastern, Hofstra and maybe even UMass would be receptive to single game series with expenses covered? Maybe only in a year without an FBS game? Maybe two for ones could be negotiated with assistance toward the expenses of the school traveling twice?

The reality is that FCS scheduling is difficult for the majority of our schools. Creativity and foresight is needed! Look at how many CAA schools have already negotiated FBS games well out into the next decade! UNH doesn't release future schedule information, but I've heard we've got a FBS game lined up for 2009 (Pitt). IIRC, I've heard our AD say that he'd like to play FBS games every other year so I think he'd be open to discuss a series for the "other" years.

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I have no idea about what went on this year but I certainly know your school stepped up in 2005 after the storm to play us at the NW State Stadium xbowx

Thought that was Texas Southern, not Prairie View A&M...

Don't confuse the two -- Panther88 won't like that! xnodx

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 12:07 PM
One here two there I assume.

No 2 in LC and one there, OR, I would not mind a simple home and home.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 12:14 PM

Huh, Here is your FACT and you might not want to hear it. BUT IN FACT THAT VERY STATEMENT CAME FROM THE P-VIEW HEAD COACH... thru his AD.

I wasn't going to bring that up until you did...

We offered to pay P-View a guarantee to come to LC at first and the answer was no. Then we offered to do a home and home, thinking about the Berry Center as P-Views home venue. That is when your HEAD COACH said "we're not mcneese ready."

Lionsrking
February 15th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Why won't Delaware come down to play us? Or, Maine, Or UMass????

We've asked until we were blue in the face. YOU GUY'S WILL NOT TRAVEL VIA AIR FOR A HOME AND HOME. You don't have to given all the options that are within a bus ride away.

I would love to see more intersectional games, but I can understand not wanting to get on a plane to go play another FCS school, especially when you don't have to.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I would love to see more intersectional games, but I can understand not wanting to get on a plane to go play another FCS school, especially when you don't have to.

One of the reason I hate to see the Southland and the Big Sky always play each other in the playoffs, is the fact either of us get a shot at a CAA school or Pat. League, or even an OVC school.

I'm tired of the same ole match ups. It's time for the NCAA to dump that regional playoff crap and seed all 16 teams again. It won't necessarily solve our issue of never getting to play the NE schools, but it should increase the odds.

That would also make it more likely that Southland and Big Sky teams would sign more home and homes.

bench
February 15th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I'll be pulling for the Cowboys on August 30. Hard.

rudy1648
February 15th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Hope McNeese trounces UNC on Aug. 30. ASU has had just as much trouble getting a schedule together as you guys,,maybe even more so. We can't get any FBS schools in the our own state to play us. Can't get too many in the southeast for that fact. We tried to get UNC to host us for a game,,,on Aug 30 open date we both had. They turned us down. We tried to get Fla State and Wake to play,,but both declined. Then,,,UNC turns right around and signs McNeese to a game on the very Sat we tried to get to play us. So,,,this means ASU will be leaving North Carlolina and traveling to LA to play LSU the same weekend as McNeese will be leaving LA to come to NC to play UNC. Hope you whip their butts and make the FCS proud.

Panther88
February 15th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Thought that was Texas Southern, not Prairie View A&M...

Don't confuse the two -- Panther88 won't like that! xnodx

This is true Mc75. It was TxSU not PVU.

I can't get into this too much as I FIRST see SHSU, SFA, TxST, and then McN as far as scheduling opportunities that are not only 'fan' friendly but pocketbook friendly as well (travel and expenses xreadx )

Panther88
February 15th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Huh, Here is your FACT and you might not want to hear it. BUT IN FACT THAT VERY STATEMENT CAME FROM THE P-VIEW HEAD COACH... thru his AD.

I wasn't going to bring that up until you did...

We offered to pay P-View a guarantee to come to LC at first and the answer was no. Then we offered to do a home and home, thinking about the Berry Center as P-Views home venue. That is when your HEAD COACH said "we're not mcneese ready."

We're not tx a&m bryan/college station ready either but I CONSTANTLY hear about us attempting to get them on the schedule very proactively. lol

I'd find it hard to believe that Coach F would say something like that. He's not the type to back down from anything. I would hope that IFFFFFFF he did state such, that he meant it from a 'local' perspective regarding things we MUST take care of w/in our OWN state boundaries. xreadx

How much sense would it make to schedule McN when SHSU, TxSt, or SFA have open dates OR when Rice and/or UofH are constantly inquiring? xreadx Use your own logic(al) guess(es).

But, back to the focal pt of this thread (McN scheduling '08), I'm not sure I understand the dynamics of why McN wouldn't want to schedule SU and they have an open date on 9/20/2008 (currently as in 2day).

McNeese75
February 15th, 2008, 02:28 PM
This is true Mc75. It was TxSU not PVU.

I can't get into this too much as I FIRST see SHSU, SFA, TxST, and then McN as far as scheduling opportunities that are not only 'fan' friendly but pocketbook friendly as well (travel and expenses xreadx )

xmadx sorry bout dat. I was at the PVM game in the Astrodome xthumbsupx

McNeeserocket
February 15th, 2008, 02:37 PM
But, back to the focal pt of this thread (McN scheduling '08), I'm not sure I understand the dynamics of why McN wouldn't want to schedule SU and they have an open date on 9/20/2008 (currently as in 2day).

I don't think McNeese is opposed to playing Southern as long as Southern comes here and they consider the game as finishing our contract them which started back in 2004 when McNeese played the first of two contracted games at Southern. Southern was supposed to come to Lake Charles in 2005 to finish the contract, but after Hurricane Katrina they have not even tried to finish out the contract.

MaximumBobcat
February 15th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I don't think McNeese is opposed to playing Southern as long as Southern comes here and they consider the game as finishing our contract them which started back in 2004 when McNeese played the first of two contracted games at Southern. Southern was supposed to come to Lake Charles in 2005 to finish the contract, but after Hurricane Katrina they have not even tried to finish out the contract.

Why do y'all do down there, spit in your palm and shake hands when you make deals? ;)

Take the contract that both of you signed and take it the Pres or BOR or whatever they have and force them to schedule you, pay you the buyout, or take them to court. xrulesx

If you don't want to do any of those things, move on. xcoolx

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 15th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Why do y'all do down there, spit in your palm and shake hands when you make deals?

Take the contract that both of you signed and take it the Pres or BOR or whatever they have and force them to schedule you, pay you the buyout, or take them to court.

If you don't want to do any of those things, move on.

There was an "ACT of God" clause in the contract. Katrina was a "Act of God" correct. xcoolx So legally SU don't owe them ish. xlolx

McNeese75
February 15th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Why do y'all do down there, spit in your palm and shake hands when you make deals? ;)

Take the contract that both of you signed and take it the Pres or BOR or whatever they have and force them to schedule you, pay you the buyout, or take them to court. xrulesx

xnonox You don't EVEN know the can of worms you are opening with that comment. We have moved on, but we have NOT forgotten!

MaximumBobcat
February 15th, 2008, 02:54 PM
There was an "ACT of God" clause in the contract. Katrina was a "Act of God" correct. xcoolx So legally SU don't owe them ish. xlolx

I can't tell if you're joking or not. Was there seriously an Act of God clause? If so, then the MSU AD should take the heat for signing the document knowing full well they live in one of the most catastrophe-likely areas in the Southeastern U.S.

MaximumBobcat
February 15th, 2008, 02:55 PM
xnonox You don't EVEN know the can of worms you are opening with that comment. We have moved on, but we have NOT forgotten!

yeah, ok.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 15th, 2008, 02:56 PM

But we can play Pittsburg, Washington State, Houston, New Mexico St., Southern Ill., ULM, ULL, Nevada, etc, etc, etc. You really are a sick individual. xsmhx The funny thing is you really believe that hog wash.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 03:17 PM
How much sense would it make to schedule McN when SHSU, TxSt, or SFA have open dates OR when Rice and/or UofH are constantly inquiring? xreadx Use your own logic(al) guess(es).

Your right, IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL. I AGREE.

I'm just elling what he told us. You guy's were the 2nd SWAC school we called after SU. We call SWAC schools EVERY year. And we do not schedule D-II's until EVERY SWAC school has told us no.

We would prefer not to pay ANYONE a guarantee unless we absolutely have to. we would rather have home and homes.

We DO want to schedule SU. We have been calling them for 3 years since they broke their part of the contract with us in 2005.

They will not honor their obligation. And we have given them MORE than enough chances. We'd even try t push one of our 2 D-2 games back a year if Southern ever decides to quit running away.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM
But we can play Pittsburg, Washington State, Houston, New Mexico St., Southern Ill., ULM, ULL, Nevada, etc, etc, etc. You really are a sick individual. xsmhx The funny thing is you really believe that hog wash.

Hey dude,that is right from our AD's mouth. I heard it before it got printed. and yes I've heard it before.

Why don't YOU tell US why no one wants to play us...

We're not gonna give you the kind of money those schools will, and we will hurt your recruiting a hell of a lot more than they will when we beat you on the field lby 5 touchdowns like you know will happen. :D

McNeese75
February 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM

How many of those schools are playing SU a home and home and came to your place first? Or, how many of those schools have EVER come to Mumford?

Apples and Oranges xcoffeex

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 03:24 PM

They claimed an ACT of GOD caused the game to be canceled and even refused to pay us the penalty clause. xrulesx

Even though, Lake Charles did not recieve a drop of rain, and there was not a cloud in the sky.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I can't tell if you're joking or not. Was there seriously an Act of God clause? If so, then the MSU AD should take the heat for signing the document knowing full well they live in one of the most catastrophe-likely areas in the Southeastern U.S.

HE COULD HAVE REFUSED TO LET SOUTHERN OFF THE HOOK THAT WEEK AND TOLD THEM THAT LAKE CHARLES DID NOT GET A DROP OF RAIN DURING KATRINA TOO. ACT OF GOD WAS A COP OUT ON THEIR PART.

BUT HE GRANTED THEM A DELAY THINKING THEY WOULD BE APPRECIATIVE TO OUR GOOD WILL GESTURE FOR HAVING SOME COMPASION.

THEY ARE THE ONES THAT BROKE THEIR PART OF THE DEAL.

THEY NEED TO FINISH THE DEAL AND COME DOWN HERE AND GET THEIR xasswhipx THAT THEY HAVE COMING TO THEM.

MaximumBobcat
February 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
They claimed an ACT of GOD caused the game to be canceled and even refused to pay us the penalty clause. xrulesx

Even though, Lake Charles did not recieve a drop of rain, and there was not a cloud in the sky.

Have your ADs thought about taking this to arbitration? Surely the schools can work out a compromise. I like to see SWAC vs SLC matchups and I don't want to see any bad blood between the conferences that prevents more scheduled games.

McTailGator
February 15th, 2008, 03:35 PM
Have your ADs thought about taking this to arbitration? Surely the schools can work out a compromise. I like to see SWAC vs SLC matchups and I don't want to see any bad blood between the conferences that prevents more scheduled games.

THERE IS BAD BLOOD...

It goes beyond 2005, from the FIRST time they broke their WORD (no contract that time).

This time, we have a contract. AND WE WANT OUR #$%^& HOME GAME!

And don't forget who their AD is.

A Bob Cat reject.

No if Ands or BUTTS about it.

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 03:40 PM

I wish we had more intersectional games as well. On the bright side, with all these SWAC schools more open to playing SLC schools due to the additional two open dates, we'll see a few games we have not seen in some time (i.e SHSU vs PVA&M).

As far as intersectional games go, I know SHSU was in touch with Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina and Gardner-Webb. All three are definitely not in areas in which SHSU has ventured to before. Glad we were able to agree with GW.

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Most of those schools listed above are money games against FBS schools. In fact, all of them are except Southern Illinois, which drubbed Arkansas-Pine Bluff twice...

The SWAC does not mind playing those games, no questions there. Glad a few schools like Jackson St (NWST), Alcorn St (SELA), UAPB (UCA), TxSo (TxSt) and PVA&M (SHSU) are playing SLC schools this coming year. Wish we'd see more from Southern (though Greg LaFleur won't allow it) and Grambling when it comes to said matchups...

MaximumBobcat
February 15th, 2008, 03:51 PM
THERE IS BAD BLOOD...

It goes beyond 2005, from the FIRST time they broke their WORD (no contract that time).

A Bob Cat reject.

HAHA, you guys have to deal with LaFleur. That guy is a moron.

I'm sorry. xbowx xbowx xbawlingx xbawlingx xlolx xlolx xrotatehx xrotatehx xnonono2x xnonono2x

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 15th, 2008, 05:02 PM
THERE IS BAD BLOOD...

A Bob Cat reject.

LeFLuer doesn't have any power, at all, even though him and 2 other associate AD's make 100,000 plus. Things work a little differently @ SU. The board controls everything, especially football.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 15th, 2008, 05:04 PM
(though Greg LaFleur won't allow it) and Grambling when it comes to said matchups...Pete has more say in who we schedule than Lefleur.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 15th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Why don't YOU tell US why no one wants to play us...

Because of people like you xlolx . I would much rather play Northwestern St., and their classy fans than play a school that produced a classless SOB like you xlolx xlolx .

BEAR
February 15th, 2008, 07:01 PM
I, for one, can't wait to see McNeese in Conway this year! xthumbsupx For all the SLC teams looking for a game with teams near to the Southland, there are a ton of Gulf South teams in Arkansas! I think SHSU frequents UAMs services. Plus Arkansas Tech is a school very similar to UCA and would usually give any Southland school a run for their money. Plus with the proximity to the Southland, the costs would be much less for the GSC schools to make the trip. :)

Jaguar79
February 15th, 2008, 08:13 PM
If you seriously believe you are owed something from Southern, either take it to court or shut the hell up about it.

SU has moved on and as you can see in this thread, the BAD Blood is coming from ONE end.

Someone feels as if they are missing out on something, i.e. TT's statement that he wished SU and Grambling would play them more ..... I wonder why? xwhistlex

Who would benefit from these matchups?

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Someone feels as if they are missing out on something, i.e. TT's statement that he wished SU and Grambling would play them more ..... I wonder why? xwhistlex

SU and Grambling would benefit for the following reasons...

a) They have a chance at giving credibility to their teams, the SWAC -- by playing better competition than what they typically do (outside of the FBS teams)
b) A close by game -- saves money, good for fans who want to travel, keeps $$$ in-state
c) The SLC schools, especially McN/Southern and NWST to Grambling would travel better than many of the SWAC schools would to their stadiums. This equals better pay day, I believe
d) Fills those open dates

SLC needs the SWAC because the only conferences that have shown a willingness to play SLC is Big Sky (and that costs a bit for both sides) and the Gateway (namely the xDSUs, which are new members -- again, it costs). The SWAC shares our regional footprint. It makes sense for both leagues...even if the SLC dominates the SWAC across the board in all sports (even basketball), it's just more affordable and a much better option than playing a sub-Div I...

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 15th, 2008, 08:38 PM

a) They have a chance at giving credibility to their teams, the SWAC -- by playing better competition than what they typically do (outside of the FBS teams)
b) A close by game -- saves money, good for fans who want to travel, keeps $$$ in-state
c) The SLC schools, especially McN/Southern and NWST to Grambling would travel better than many of the SWAC schools would to their stadiums. This equals better pay day, I believe

SLC needs the SWAC because the only conferences that have shown a willingness to play SLC is Big Sky (and that costs a bit for both sides) and the Gateway (namely the xDSUs, which are new members -- again, it costs). The SWAC shares our regional footprint. It makes sense for both leagues...even if the SLC dominates the SWAC across the board in all sports (even basketball), it's just more affordable and a much better option than playing a sub-Div I...
Lets be honest here. The southland needs the SWAC, the attendence leader, to help fill their stadiums.

Retro
February 15th, 2008, 08:53 PM

Everyone except Southern? You guys haven't played an quality FCS team or FBS team since 2002... You continue to play these weak teams from the MEAC and your own conference year after year, yet you mouth off on how great you are, but never play anyone...

The only Reason SU agreed to play mcneese in 2004 was they figured it would be a down year and they would have a shot to beat them. Well it was a down year for Mcneese, but they still whipped southern in their own backyard. I think that had more to do with SU's refusal to honor the rest of contract eventually, regardless of when it was to be. They were just waiting for an excuse to present itself and it did. The game could have been easily rescheduled, but we all know they need to save face and just keep playing the same old bottom feeders!

If Pete does have more say so on who he plays, then he's an overpaid coach with no balls! Play some real competition for a change!

Personally, I don't care anymore if SU ever plays Mcneese, because Mcneese has in fact moved on to more quality competition outside the conference and at the FBS level.. "Any Team, Anytime, Any Place!xcoolx

slostang
February 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM

Don't forget the GWFC. UC Davis has played S.F.A. and UCA and are traveling to UCA in 2008. Cal Poly has played Texas State in the past and they are playing McNeese State and Northwestern State in 2008. Southern Utah has played Texas State and McNeese State. New members North Dakota and South Dakota are playing Southeastern Louisiana in 2008.

McNeese75
February 15th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Don't forget the GWFC. UC Davis has played S.F.A. and UCA and are traveling to UCA in 2008. Cal Poly has played Texas State in the past and they are playing McNeese State and Northwestern State in 2008. Southern Utah has played Texas State and McNeese State. New members North Dakota and South Dakota are playing Southeastern Louisiana in 2008.

McNeese hosted SD last year and will travel there next year xnodx

McNeese75
February 15th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Lets be honest here. The southland needs the SWAC, the attendence leader, to help fill their stadiums.

Nawww, we just need another cupcake to play xcoffeex

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 10:27 PM

You ARE right, playing sub-Div I teams don't do anything. SWAC teams may actually bring some fans...

Ultimately, I think playing a Montana does more for our fan base than playing a Prairie View A&M -- only advantage is PV probably brings more than Montana did. Our fans on the other hand responded better from Montana because they knew what kind of program they were on the field...which won't be the same case for PV. It'll be a fun series nonetheless...one that many of us have been craving and makes sense for both schools, especially PV who wants to move on up the ladder!

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 16th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Everyone except Southern? You guys haven't played an quality FCS team or FBS team since 2002... You continue to play these weak teams from the MEAC and your own conference year after year, yet you mouth off on how great you are, but never play anyone...

The only Reason SU agreed to play mcneese in 2004 was they figured it would be a down year and they would have a shot to beat them. Well it was a down year for Mcneese, but they still whipped southern in their own backyard. I think that had more to do with SU's refusal to honor the rest of contract eventually, regardless of when it was to be. They were just waiting for an excuse to present itself and it did. The game could have been easily rescheduled, but we all know they need to save face and just keep playing the same old bottom feeders!

If Pete does have more say so on who he plays, then he's an overpaid coach with no balls! Play some real competition for a change!

Personally, I don't care anymore if SU ever plays Mcneese, because Mcneese has in fact moved on to more quality competition outside the conference and at the FBS level.. "Any Team, Anytime, Any Place!xcoolx
BS. NC&T won the meac in 03. We play Houston this season.SU needs home games. We schedule who we can to come to Mumford . Yet its ok for mcneese to schedule a d-2 and naia. Tenn. St. is not from the Meac. SU schedules who their fans want to see. SU and Famu until a couple of season's ago, had the longest running non-conference HBCU series. Nobody is asking for any mcneese fans approval. We do us. So if mcneese has moved on, why every other week, some mcneese fans are on the swacpage or on here bashing SU.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 16th, 2008, 05:06 AM
You ARE right, playing sub-Div I teams don't do anything. SWAC teams may actually bring some fans...

Ultimately, I think playing a Montana does more for our fan base than playing a Prairie View A&M -- only advantage is PV probably brings more than Montana did. Our fans on the other hand responded better from Montana because they knew what kind of program they were on the field...which won't be the same case for PV. It'll be a fun series nonetheless...one that many of us have been craving and makes sense for both schools, especially PV who wants to move on up the ladder!

SU doesn't have a sub-Div 1 team on its schedule. mcneese has 2. Oh by the way, my sources tells me, the scheduling problem with Famu and SU has been solved. SU vs Famu @ Mumford Oct. 18th. :)

Jaguar79
February 16th, 2008, 09:38 AM

(a) Playing Houston does the same exact thing and who's credibility would we be seeking .... Houston is better competition.
(b) Houston and ULL are close-by games where our fans don't mind going.
(c) To their credit, the ONLY SLC school who actually traveled to Mumford was McNeese.
(d) several games can fill those dates.

Y'all have to run for sub Div-I and your attendance shows it. Yes, some of our schools do, but they don't have to. You just proved my point .... the SLC needs the SWAC, hence the constant b!tching from McNeese fans.

Jaguar79
February 16th, 2008, 09:47 AM

Yawn ..... we were scared .... yada yada yada .... McNeese moved on .... blah blah blah. WHY are you commenting on this then? You and McNeese have moved on, right? ;)

And a funny thing ... some real competition .... you act like you ran through somebody .... it was a 11 point game with us driving continously until a late pick six by McNeese. I could see this crap if y'all hit us up for a 50-10 win or something.

GAD
February 16th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Seriously, McTailgator if you want the game with Southern to happen you are going about it all wrong, coming on to these boards an telling people what they better do or how you are gonna make them do somthing.
Well as you can tell is getting you the opposite effect. Trust me, people are not going to tell Lafluer schedule McNeese, they will tell him not to.

McNeese75
February 16th, 2008, 11:42 AM
The 2005 issue is going to be thorn for a long time and nothing is ever going to be done about it. McNeese will never return to Mumford, SU will never come to the Hole and "CS" Pete will never agree to play at a neutral site. I personally could care less about the Jags and their football program and yes, I do think it is inferior to McNeese and it has been for a long time.

SU has no problem fiilling their schedule with FCS or possibly FBS teams. Is the reason they have such a schedule because they have a historic, or ourstanding football program or such a great coach? Sorry, I have to run up the BS flag on that one. Southern Utah had an outstanding FCS football schedule last year (toughest in the nation easily) and as a result they enjoyed record of 0-11. I would easily compare SU to SUU. You have no problem scheduling teams because of the size of your league, your "Classics" and what you say are traditional opponents. Your fan base is an obvious attraction as well and I commend you for that. Every team you play knows they have a better than equal chance of xasswhipx the Jags. When was the last time somone refused to play SU because they were intimidated by their football team? (football team, NOT band xlolx ) As far as "Pete", he is overrated and wayyyyyyyy overpaid. Someday you just might get a really good head coach and then who knows, things might change.

Flame on!!!!! xpeacex

McTailGator
February 16th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Because of people like you xlolx . I would much rather play Northwestern St., and their classy fans than play a school that produced a classless SOB like you xlolx xlolx .

xnonono2x

YOU ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE NOT HAVING CLASS?

YOUR BREATHING WAY TOO MANY EXXON FUMES UP THEIR IN NORTH BATON ROUGE BUDDY..

Grambling and their fans have class. And HONOR.

McTailGator
February 16th, 2008, 05:01 PM
If you seriously believe you are owed something from Southern, either take it to court or shut the hell up about it.

SU has moved on and as you can see in this thread, the BAD Blood is coming from ONE end.

I LIKE HOW YOU CLASSLESS JAG FANS TALK ABOUT MOVING ON, WHEN YOU MOVING ON WITH OUR FREAKING MONEY, AND A HOME GAME THAT YOU ARE TOO DAMN SCARED TO RETURN BECAUSE OF THE xasswhipx A QUALITY PROGRAM LIKE McNEESE WILL PUT ON YOU AND PETE's BOY's. AND YOU KNOW IT.

GROW A SET AND COME SEE WHAT WE'D PUT ON YA!

McTailGator
February 16th, 2008, 05:07 PM
So if mcneese has moved on, why every other week, some mcneese fans are on the swacpage or on here bashing SU.

BECAUSE YOUR A BUNCH OF CLASSLESS JERKS AND THE STATE NEEDS TO CLOSE YOUR SCHOOL DOWN AND FIRE EVERY DAMN ONE OF YOUR SCHOOLS OFFICIALS.

DO THE RIGHT THING, AND WE'LL GET OFF YOUR @$$.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

i'M DONE WITH THIS THREAD, BUT HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF IT, AND IN THE END, IT WILL BIT THE JAG'S ON THE ASS. I GUARANTEE IT.

McTailGator
February 16th, 2008, 05:37 PM

I just found this. It should tell you a lot about why McNeese has a hard time scheduling D-I opponents.

They person that answered Senator Biden was the Tulane President.

"That's why we didn't schedule them."

so said Scott Cowen, President of Tulane University, when Senator Joe Biden remarks that "McNeese can take you to the cleaners every once in a while".

CSPAN2 clip on the BCS hearings 10/29/2003

http://www.geauxcowboys.com/images/mcneesequote.wmv

McNeese72
February 16th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Yawn ..... we were scared .... yada yada yada .... McNeese moved on .... blah blah blah. WHY are you commenting on this then? You and McNeese have moved on, right? ;)

And a funny thing ... some real competition .... you act like you ran through somebody .... it was a 11 point game with us driving continously until a late pick six by McNeese. I could see this crap if y'all hit us up for a 50-10 win or something.

LOL! The point is the 2004 McNeese team, that was the worst McNeese team in a decade, actually beat you guys on your home turf. It was one of the few games we actually won that season. Go look at the scores of the games that season and you will see that a lot of teams beat the crap out of us but we still beat you guys. Doesn't say much for the strength of the Southern team not matter what the point spread was.

Doc

JohnStOnge
February 16th, 2008, 07:15 PM
UNC is not any better than UL-Lafayette was, and this McNeese team might be better than last years, with a Key JuCO pick-up and the return of All-American Steven Whitehead.

North Carolina will most certainly be better than ULL and I think Brian Smith was critical to the Cowboy defense. I'm not saying they have absolutely no chance in that game, but I saw how bad the loss of Brian Smith hurt in the first round playoff game. That's the biggest thing that makes me wonder if they'll be as good or better than they were at full strength in 2007. I do think they'll be better on offense.

JohnStOnge
February 16th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Delta State is probably not going to be a cupcake. The Statesmen are 5 - 5 against I-AA/FCS teams over the past 10years; and their two playoff teams are 2 - 0. Playoff teams from their conference are 5-0 against I-AAs over the past 10 years, including 2 - 0 against I-AA playoff teams.

They made the D-II playoffs each of the past two years and lost to D-II national champ Valdosta State by 35-31 during 2007.

If they're close to as good as they've been during the past two years, they're going to be better than most FCS teams.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
The 2005 issue is going to be thorn for a long time and nothing is ever going to be done about it. McNeese will never return to Mumford, SU will never come to the Hole and "CS" Pete will never agree to play at a neutral site. I personally could care less about the Jags and their football program and yes, I do think it is inferior to McNeese and it has been for a long time.

SU has no problem fiilling their schedule with FCS or possibly FBS teams. Is the reason they have such a schedule because they have a historic, or ourstanding football program or such a great coach? Sorry, I have to run up the BS flag on that one. Southern Utah had an outstanding FCS football schedule last year (toughest in the nation easily) and as a result they enjoyed record of 0-11. I would easily compare SU to SUU. You have no problem scheduling teams because of the size of your league, your "Classics" and what you say are traditional opponents. Your fan base is an obvious attraction as well and I commend you for that. Every team you play knows they have a better than equal chance of xasswhipx the Jags. When was the last time somone refused to play SU because they were intimidated by their football team? (football team, NOT band xlolx ) As far as "Pete", he is overrated and wayyyyyyyy overpaid. Someday you just might get a really good head coach and then who knows, things might change.

Flame on!!!!! xpeacexWe don't Give a damn what yall think. xlolx "S"

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 16th, 2008, 07:55 PM
BECAUSE YOUR A BUNCH OF CLASSLESS JERKS AND THE STATE NEEDS TO CLOSE YOUR SCHOOL DOWN AND FIRE EVERY DAMN ONE OF YOUR SCHOOLS OFFICIALS.

DO THE RIGHT THING, AND WE'LL GET OFF YOUR @$$.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

i'M DONE WITH THIS THREAD, BUT HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF IT, AND IN THE END, IT WILL BIT THE JAG'S ON THE ASS. I GUARANTEE IT.Let me get this straight. The state should shut down SU because we haven't played McNeese in LC.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Big Dawg
February 16th, 2008, 08:27 PM

Chill out homeboy...

JohnStOnge
February 16th, 2008, 08:36 PM

Here was the 2007 SVU schedule. They lost 45-14 to the Newport News Apprentice School.

Guilford (III)
Ferrum (III)
Lincoln (II)
George Mason (club)
WV State (II)
Frostburg State (III)
Apprentice (club)
Edward Waters (NAIA)

Hey, at least they beat Edward Waters. Edward Waters beat Savannah State 24-7. Would you think it better if McNeese was playing Savannah State because Savannah State's FCS?

In an 11 game season, their non conference games would be North Carolina, Cal Poly, South Dakota, and Delta State (a potentially dangerous D-II). That's a pretty good non conference slate.

JohnStOnge
February 16th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Let me get this straight. The state should shut down SU because we haven't played McNeese in LC.
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

No, but Southern really should return the game.

MaximumBobcat
February 16th, 2008, 09:25 PM
No, but Southern really should return the game.

I have to agree.

At the very least they should return half the money made from the one game played @ SU.

McNeese75
February 16th, 2008, 09:45 PM
We don't Give a damn what yall think. xlolx "S"

Good, then just sit there CUPCAKE xlolx

Jag4Life
February 17th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Last time I checked this thread is about MSU and NOT SU. Fugg a McNeese.

Jag4Life
February 17th, 2008, 05:34 AM
I have to agree.

At the very least they should return half the money made from the one game played @ SU.

Look here let me translate this for you. WE HAD PLAYERS MESSED UP WITH KATRINA AND ALL YOU ALL CARE ABOUT IS A D@MN FOOTBALL GAME. DO ME A FAVOR AND GO ROLL OVER AND DIE. I would be wrong If I say Hurricane Rita should have tore McNeese stuff up and had there players messed up in the Hurricane.

Jag4Life
February 17th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I LIKE HOW YOU CLASSLESS JAG FANS TALK ABOUT MOVING ON, WHEN YOU MOVING ON WITH OUR FREAKING MONEY, AND A HOME GAME THAT YOU ARE TOO DAMN SCARED TO RETURN BECAUSE OF THE xasswhipx A QUALITY PROGRAM LIKE McNEESE WILL PUT ON YOU AND PETE's BOY's. AND YOU KNOW IT.

Classless? You are the main one wishing bad on our school. That's why we ain't doing *****. xlolx xlolx xlolx Continue to being the jerk that you are and whining about a return game.

Jag4Life
February 17th, 2008, 05:40 AM
BS. NC&T won the meac in 03. We play Houston this season.SU needs home games. We schedule who we can to come to Mumford . Yet its ok for mcneese to schedule a d-2 and naia. Tenn. St. is not from the Meac. SU schedules who their fans want to see. SU and Famu until a couple of season's ago, had the longest running non-conference HBCU series. Nobody is asking for any mcneese fans approval. We do us. So if mcneese has moved on, why every other week, some mcneese fans are on the swacpage or on here bashing SU.

I wouldn't even take the time to argue with these idiots. I would pick Nicholls over McNeese anyday. I wish we could play Nicholls again. They have classy fans to be exact.

Purple Pride
February 17th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Delta State is probably not going to be a cupcake. The Statesmen are 5 - 5 against I-AA/FCS teams over the past 10years; and their two playoff teams are 2 - 0. Playoff teams from their conference are 5-0 against I-AAs over the past 10 years, including 2 - 0 against I-AA playoff teams.

They made the D-II playoffs each of the past two years and lost to D-II national champ Valdosta State by 35-31 during 2007.

If they're close to as good as they've been during the past two years, they're going to be better than most FCS teams.
xnonox DSU beat Valdosta 35-31 last year. Their only two losses were both to UNA. Once in the regular season and once during the playoffs.

JohnStOnge
February 17th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Look here let me translate this for you. WE HAD PLAYERS MESSED UP WITH KATRINA AND ALL YOU ALL CARE ABOUT IS A D@MN FOOTBALL GAME. DO ME A FAVOR AND GO ROLL OVER AND DIE. I would be wrong If I say Hurricane Rita should have tore McNeese stuff up and had there players messed up in the Hurricane.

I was never critical of Southern for canceling the game after Katrina. All I'm saying is that they should give McNeese a return home game. They don't have to because McNeese did the honorable thing and did not make a stink about it. But I think the honorable thing for Southern to do is make up the game when it has the chance.

On the Rita thing, Rita messed up McNeese's physical facilities a whole lot more than Katrina messed up Southern's. The players had to go stay in dorms at Southeastern and play "home" games at ULL's and Northwestern State's stadiums. When they did finally play a home game at their own stadium they had to do it in the daytime instead of at night as they traditionally do because the lights were still out. As I understand it, they had to practice at a nearby middle school because their practice field had been used for hurricane related purposes and rendered useless. And McNeese had New Orleans area players on its roster too.

Rita was a very, very strong Hurricane. It didn't kill anybody because the people of Cameron Parish got out. And it didn't cause as much damage because it an area that hasn't been developed as much. But take a look at this before/after picture of Holly Beach:

http://coastal.er.usgs.gov/hurricanes/rita/photo-comparisons/loc2_holly_bch_la.jpg

Lake Charles is well away from the coast so didn't get scoured like that. But it was real messed up with trees down, power out, etc. for weeks. It wasn't as bad, of course, as things were in New Orleans or along the Mississippi coast. But it was a whole lot worse than anything the Baton Rouge area experienced.

Cameron Parish, like the Mississippi coast, took a much harder hit than the New Orleans area did in terms of storm power. Thankfully, as noted, everybody hit the highway as soon as a hit was recognized as a legitimate possibility.

Jaguar79
February 17th, 2008, 08:26 AM

Your Money? Hell, you don't know if one Jag fan would have walked into Cowboy Stadium and you have played oTHER games that should ahve taken care of that deficit. YOUR ISSUE seems to be that your did not get the satisfaction of having an assured full stadium and a hopeful victory for McNeese.

Then y'all try to insult us like that is going to make us want to play you. No one is afraid of McNeese. Like I have told many of your cohorts, NO ONE CARES ABOUT McNEESE.

Grow a set ..... see, you want someone to conform to your set of beliefs. You want us to leave the Bayou Classic behind and compete for a championship no one cares about. You want us to drop our traditions to play Nicholls in Thibodeaux because it's close and the state schools should play each other. Guess what? A BUSINESS is not run like that. Until y'all realize that, seeing that the big schools have their championship AND get they funds as well to do it, you will stay where you are. I'm sorry you seem agitated with this issue, BUT you really need to move to the next point for McNeese. They have carved a niche for themselves, but on the grand scale of things .... you went 11-0 last year and how many people saw your nationwide, adding to the prestige of your school. We went 8-3 and had three games nationally televised.

Keep yours and we will keep ours.

JohnStOnge
February 17th, 2008, 08:30 AM
xnonox DSU beat Valdosta 35-31 last year. Their only two losses were both to UNA. Once in the regular season and once during the playoffs.

Thanks for the correction. That makes the point even more strongly. Delta State was no cupcake from an FCS perspective last season (as Jackson State fans can testify). It wasn't in that category in 2006 either; when it advanced to the D-II semifinals before being eliminated 49-30 by Grand Valley State.

Jaguar79
February 17th, 2008, 08:32 AM
LOL! The point is the 2004 McNeese team, that was the worst McNeese team in a decade, actually beat you guys on your home turf. It was one of the few games we actually won that season. Go look at the scores of the games that season and you will see that a lot of teams beat the crap out of us but we still beat you guys. Doesn't say much for the strength of the Southern team not matter what the point spread was.

Doc

Congrats. First game of the year ..... you played well, we didn't. You want a cookie for that win in 2004?

The strength of our team that year was offense. You guys used special teams play (a recovered fumble of the first play) and an interception. Good plays that you obviously didn't make during the rest of the year.

MaximumBobcat
February 17th, 2008, 11:32 AM

Let me preface this by saying, I don't especially like MSU. Their fans you are arguing with (cept johnstonge) are for the most part rude and classless when they win and I think they're a bit pissed off at how many times they've been to the playoffs without ever winning a NC. Basically, I don't really like them. However, I can look past that to see what the real deal is going on here between your two schools.

In response to your post, the keyword there is HAD. Everybody has moved on and your institution should honor it's contract and do the right thing. You can make all the excuses you want, but you have a fine football team now that is capable of traveling.

There is a RIGHT thing to do and a WRONG thing do to.

SU has chose to go down the WRONG path. There is no ifs, ands, or buts. As a MAN your AD and your HC should step up and go to Lake Charles. I'd respect SU fans a lot more if they would just admit, "Yeah, we got away with one. We owe MSU a home game, but we don't want to go." Instead they use some BS clause to WORM their way out of having to travel to LC. Pathetic.

BgJag
February 17th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I was never critical of Southern for canceling the game after Katrina. All I'm saying is that they should give McNeese a return home game. They don't have to because McNeese did the honorable thing and did not make a stink about it. But I think the honorable thing for Southern to do is make up the game when it has the chance.

And McNeese had New Orleans area players on its roster too.

Don't recall you making off the wall comments on "this" subject like others. But the tone and asinine comments from the bullies are unbelievable and does more harm in not scheduling this game. I'll agree like a few other fans,that we should work something out to play this game but we will not be intimidated, threaten nor forced to do so. 2006 schedule was probably not good to do and 2007 was the return of 2 teams ours FANS has TRADITIONS with and wanted (TennST & FAMU). As far as running from McN and the SLC, you can't name "one" SWAC school that has played more games against SLC than Southern, And we have played all the FCS school in the state in the past.
I read about all these other school trying to schedule anywhere from 5-7 home games, don't think we're not trying to do the same also. So the reason the game might not have been scheduled is fitting it in to suit all parties. I don't get involve in the schedule but know someone who does and we just so happen to be meeting on Monday night. I'll give him a copy of all of your supporters concern and let the deciders of scheduling decide.

Btw, I'm not a plus member but if you look in the archives on your board we had that discussion about the New Orleans players from New Orleans from both teams, please post it if you find it because I was the one that posted the info. Katrina & Rita was a tragic event caused by mother nature and affected this country and state like no other. My family and relatives was affected. I didn't attend a game that year. Lives was loss, damaged and changed forever after that. Like I said on your board then and still say now, "It's just a football game." xreadx

McNeese75
February 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Last time I checked this thread is about MSU and NOT SU. Fugg a McNeese.

You can stick that where the sun don't shine Jag xnodx

BgJag
February 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
You can stick that where the sun don't shine Jag xnodx

xsmhx

Jag4Life
February 17th, 2008, 12:24 PM
xsmhx
Ignorance at its best. I would pick Nicholls like I said.

Jag4Life
February 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM
xwhistlex
Let me preface this by saying, I don't especially like MSU. Their fans you are arguing with (cept johnstonge) are for the most part rude and classless when they win and I think they're a bit pissed off at how many times they've been to the playoffs without ever winning a NC. Basically, I don't really like them. However, I can look past that to see what the real deal is going on here between your two schools.

In response to your post, the keyword there is HAD. Everybody has moved on and your institution should honor it's contract and do the right thing. You can make all the excuses you want, but you have a fine football team now that is capable of traveling.

There is a RIGHT thing to do and a WRONG thing do to.

SU has chose to go down the WRONG path. There is no ifs, ands, or buts. As a MAN your AD and your HC should step up and go to Lake Charles. I'd respect SU fans a lot more if they would just admit, "Yeah, we got away with one. We owe MSU a home game, but we don't want to go." Instead they use some BS clause to WORM their way out of having to travel to LC. Pathetic.

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't even take the time to argue with these idiots. I would pick Nicholls over McNeese anyday. I wish we could play Nicholls again. They have classy fans to be exact.

They probably wouldn't beat you as bad as either...I know how SU loves playing them in baseball as it's the only SLC squad that the SWAC seems to love picking wins from. I think of the four wins or whatever it was against 35, 40 losses by the SWAC against the SLC...almost all of them came from Nicholls!

The SWAC is so lowly thought upon by others that I know at least one coach who is pretty much playing all SWAC games for OOC next year in order to pad their win total for a young team in their particular sport. I thought it was not the best idea considering the low RPI -- but they were worried about being upset by another conference, so they kept with the SWAC knowing there's not a real chance a SWAC school is going to pull the upset.

JohnStOnge
February 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I'll agree like a few other fans,that we should work something out to play this game but we will not be intimidated, threaten nor forced to do so. 2006 schedule was probably not good to do and 2007 was the return of 2 teams ours FANS has TRADITIONS with and wanted (TennST & FAMU).

I haven't said that Southern hasn't had good reasons for not returning the game yet. It's only been two years and I'm not privy to the scheduling process for either school. I'm just saying Southern should return the game. For all I know they intend to do that.

JohnStOnge
February 17th, 2008, 02:14 PM
They (Nicholls State) probably wouldn't beat you as bad as either....

Actually, Nicholls State has been somewhat of a nemesis for Southern. The two programs met in 9 football games 1990 to 2002 and, if I counted right, Nicholls State won 7 of them. They just seemed to have the Jags' number even when the Jags were really good. Like in 1993, Southern went 11-1 but lost 28-14 to a Nicholls State team that finished 3-8.

Southern fared much better against Northwestern State, going 5-5 against the Demons when they played 10 games 1993 - 2002. They even beat Northwestern State's 1997 playoff squad 27 - 9.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 17th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Actually, Nicholls State has been somewhat of a nemesis for Southern. The two programs met in 9 football games 1990 to 2002 and, if I counted right, Nicholls State won 7 of them. They just seemed to have the Jags' number even when the Jags were really good. Like in 1993, Southern went 11-1 but lost 28-14 to a Nicholls State team that finished 3-8.

Southern fared much better against Northwestern State, going 5-5 against the Demons when they played 10 games 1993 - 2002. They even beat Northwestern State's 1997 playoff squad 27 - 9.Nicholls teams usually are fired up about playing SU. Its usually the largest crowd they have played infront of, either home or away. By contrast, I don't think SU team or fans were excited by this game. Usually the game was after huge rival games with Jackson State and Alcorn, so I can see "let down" being a factor.

BEAR
February 17th, 2008, 04:29 PM
So what was the topic again? xeyebrowx xconfusedx

BgJag
February 17th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I haven't said that Southern hasn't had good reasons for not returning the game yet. It's only been two years and I'm not privy to the scheduling process for either school. I'm just saying Southern should return the game. For all I know they intend to do that.

I don't agree with most you post on here but on this subject you seem to be on point, flipping a coin wether to give you rep points.xpeacex xlolx

McNeese72
February 17th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Congrats. First game of the year ..... you played well, we didn't. You want a cookie for that win in 2004?

The strength of our team that year was offense. You guys used special teams play (a recovered fumble of the first play) and an interception. Good plays that you obviously didn't make during the rest of the year.

But just about everybody else that played us beat the total crap out of us in 2004. So no matter what the point spread and what time in the season the game was, neither team was worth a crap in 2004!! What is it about that, that you don't understand.

Doc

Seat16Demon
February 17th, 2008, 08:51 PM

Guilford (III)
Ferrum (III)
Lincoln (II)
George Mason (club)
WV State (II)
Frostburg State (III)
Apprentice (club)
Edward Waters (NAIA)

Holy smokes, folks! What in the world are the Cowpokes thinkin'? I have got to call Tommy McClelland and ask him what is going on! This is a massacre of the innocents or something of the likeness. This has got to be a JV game, RIGHT??xeekx

JohnStOnge
February 17th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Holy smokes, folks! What in the world are the Cowpokes thinkin'? I have got to call Tommy McClelland and ask him what is going on! This is a massacre of the innocents or something of the likeness. This has got to be a JV game, RIGHT??xeekx

Well...Southern Virginia did beat a squad (Edward Waters) that beat a FCS (Savannah State).

McNeeserocket
February 18th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I don't get involve in the schedule but know someone who does and we just so happen to be meeting on Monday night. I'll give him a copy of all of your supporters concern and let the deciders of scheduling decide.

I started this topic but I sure never thought it would get off course like this. Since the topic has been somewhat changed then I will put my two cents in.

The two university administrations made a decision that they both agreed on. They decided not to play the game that week, and I feel it was a good decision for both teams. Remember the key words here are that the administrations made the decision. Unfortunately, fans don't always like what the administration decides. Then again, the opinions of some of the fans that post on messageboards are not always reflective of how every fan feels and certainly, the fans don't always reflect what the administration thinks. So, yes some of our fans feel that the game should have been played on that scheduled day. Some fans feel that the game could/should be rescheduled. Some fans haven't even once thought about it since the game was canceled.

My point is that Southern and McNeese have passionate fans. That can be a good thing and at times some of those passionate fans do or say things that don't necessarily reflect what the universities think or feel. I am sure that you have been around some of your fans that you feel let their passion (because of drinking or lack of self control) get out of control and say and do things you feel do not put your school under a good light. Well that happens at McNeese also. Most of our boosters are friendly and hospitable 99.99% of the time. The topic of the McNeese/Southern game causes some of our more vocal fans to get worked up in a fever because they somehow feel taken advantage of or disrespected.

Perhaps you could try to understand that our fans were looking forward to this series. The McNeese fans, like me, enjoyed the game we did play at Southern and were looking forward to having Southern at McNeese. I am like a lot of McNeese fans and wish we could reschedule the game this year, next year or soon. Southern certainly does not have to return the game since the Administrations of both schools evidently have decided to leave the topic alone until both are agreeable in the future.

I know that I am tired of the argument, both here on messageboards and in group discussions, and I know I am not the only one who is tired of it. I will leave this discussion with I hope that someday another game can be played between the two schools, and if that happens, I think it would be best if we could somehow have it here at McNeese.

xsmiley_wix

mikebigg
February 18th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Your right, IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL. I AGREE.

I'm just elling what he told us. You guy's were the 2nd SWAC school we called after SU. We call SWAC schools EVERY year. And we do not schedule D-II's until EVERY SWAC school has told us no.

We would prefer not to pay ANYONE a guarantee unless we absolutely have to. we would rather have home and homes.

We DO want to schedule SU. We have been calling them for 3 years since they broke their part of the contract with us in 2005.

They will not honor their obligation. And we have given them MORE than enough chances. We'd even try t push one of our 2 D-2 games back a year if Southern ever decides to quit running away.

We need home games... Since McNeese was looking for a home game to, I guess we turned each other down. I'm in favor of 2 La. based SLC schools for 4 years until we've played each school twice. Man, that would give La. fans a lot of opportunities to see some competitive football within easy driving distance. It wouldn't take long for some intense rivalries and jammed stadiums to occur. Man, what a way to spend a Saturday night in Lousiana playing against other state schools. Waaay past due!

mikebigg
February 18th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Don't recall you making off the wall comments on "this" subject like others. But the tone and asinine comments from the bullies are unbelievable and does more harm in not scheduling this game. I'll agree like a few other fans,that we should work something out to play this game but we will not be intimidated, threaten nor forced to do so. 2006 schedule was probably not good to do and 2007 was the return of 2 teams ours FANS has TRADITIONS with and wanted (TennST & FAMU). As far as running from McN and the SLC, you can't name "one" SWAC school that has played more games against SLC than Southern, And we have played all the FCS school in the state in the past. I read about all these other school trying to schedule anywhere from 5-7 home games, don't think we're not trying to do the same also. So the reason the game might not have been scheduled is fitting it in to suit all parties. I don't get involve in the schedule but know someone who does and we just so happen to be meeting on Monday night. I'll give him a copy of all of your supporters concern and let the deciders of scheduling decide.

Btw, I'm not a plus member but if you look in the archives on your board we had that discussion about the New Orleans players from New Orleans from both teams, please post it if you find it because I was the one that posted the info. Katrina & Rita was a tragic event caused by mother nature and affected this country and state like no other. My family and relatives was affected. I didn't attend a game that year. Lives was loss, damaged and changed forever after that. Like I said on your board then and still say now, "It's just a football game." xreadx

Good post BJ... I have smacked with this in the past on TSPN, but I know that there's more to it than meets the eye. I wouldn't be surprised to see something worked out now that the 9 game mandate is gone. SU will do the right thing... McNeese is good, but they might better be aware of what they ask for. Pete's gonna be loaded for the next two years.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 18th, 2008, 05:07 PM
I started this topic but I sure never thought it would get off course like this. Since the topic has been somewhat changed then I will put my two cents in.

The two university administrations made a decision that they both agreed on. They decided not to play the game that week, and I feel it was a good decision for both teams. Remember the key words here are that the administrations made the decision. Unfortunately, fans don't always like what the administration decides. Then again, the opinions of some of the fans that post on messageboards are not always reflective of how every fan feels and certainly, the fans don't always reflect what the administration thinks. So, yes some of our fans feel that the game should have been played on that scheduled day. Some fans feel that the game could/should be rescheduled. Some fans haven't even once thought about it since the game was canceled.

My point is that Southern and McNeese have passionate fans. That can be a good thing and at times some of those passionate fans do or say things that don't necessarily reflect what the universities think or feel. I am sure that you have been around some of your fans that you feel let their passion (because of drinking or lack of self control) get out of control and say and do things you feel do not put your school under a good light. Well that happens at McNeese also. Most of our boosters are friendly and hospitable 99.99% of the time. The topic of the McNeese/Southern game causes some of our more vocal fans to get worked up in a fever because they somehow feel taken advantage of or disrespected.

Perhaps you could try to understand that our fans were looking forward to this series. The McNeese fans, like me, enjoyed the game we did play at Southern and were looking forward to having Southern at McNeese. I am like a lot of McNeese fans and wish we could reschedule the game this year, next year or soon. Southern certainly does not have to return the game since the Administrations of both schools evidently have decided to leave the topic alone until both are agreeable in the future.

I know that I am tired of the argument, both here on messageboards and in group discussions, and I know I am not the only one who is tired of it. I will leave this discussion with I hope that someday another game can be played between the two schools, and if that happens, I think it would be best if we could somehow have it here at McNeese.

xsmiley_wix
xthumbsupx

McNeese75
February 18th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Good post BJ... I have smacked with this in the past on TSPN, but I know that there's more to it than meets the eye. I wouldn't be surprised to see something worked out now that the 9 game mandate is gone. SU will do the right thing... McNeese is good, but they might better be aware of what they ask for. Pete's gonna be loaded for the next two years.

I would rather see a series with Grambling xnodx

McTailGator
February 22nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
We need home games... Since McNeese was looking for a home game to, I guess we turned each other down. I'm in favor of 2 La. based SLC schools for 4 years until we've played each school twice. Man, that would give La. fans a lot of opportunities to see some competitive football within easy driving distance. It wouldn't take long for some intense rivalries and jammed stadiums to occur. Man, what a way to spend a Saturday night in Lousiana playing against other state schools. Waaay past due!

Mike YOU guy's have the respect of McNeese fans. Your fans, team, and administration were great doing business with.

Your fans showed us a good time up there, and we had a lot of fun with your fans in Lake Charles. With you guy's having an McNeese Alumni running your athletic department, I also think we will meet on the field again soon. Unlike SOUTHERN, we know we can trust Grambling to be honorable, and retun the game if we go to Grambling first.

GOOD LUCK, and I hope that McNeese man is working out for ya'll in the AD's chair. xsmiley_wix

McTailGator
February 22nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=Jaguar79;867026] ..... you played well, we didn't. You want a cookie for that win in 2004?
QUOTE]

No, we just want Southern TO HONOR THE CONTRACT! xrulesx

McTailGator
February 22nd, 2008, 01:14 PM

AND we had players messed up by hurricane RITA, which ACTUALLY hit our city and campus.

no daymn excuses. HONOR THE %^&* CONTRACT. xrulesx

McTailGator
February 22nd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Classless? You are the main one wishing bad on our school. That's why we ain't doing *****. xlolx xlolx xlolx Continue to being the jerk that you are and whining about a return game.

xrulesx

QUIT HIDING AND COME GET YOUR...xasswhipx

3rd Coast Tiger
February 22nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
We've all learned the history of McNeese football in this thread. xlolx

GeauxColonels
February 22nd, 2008, 09:07 PM
[QUOTE=Jaguar79;867026] ..... you played well, we didn't. You want a cookie for that win in 2004?
QUOTE]

No, we just want Southern TO HONOR THE CONTRACT! xrulesx

xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx xbangx
xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex xdeadhorsex

GeauxLions94
February 22nd, 2008, 10:32 PM
xflaggedx

Not honoring the contract. Against the team from the east. 15 yards. Automatic first down.

Purple Pride
February 23rd, 2008, 01:13 AM
I'd worry a little more about the "Statesmen" whippin that ass than I would about talkin skat.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 23rd, 2008, 04:19 AM
I'd worry a little more about the "Statesmen" whippin that ass than I would about talkin skat.

xlolx xlolx

BEAR
February 23rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Seriously, this is s a dead subject. Both teams have more to look forward to then playing each other. Move on fans! xthumbsupx

Jag4Life
February 23rd, 2008, 01:11 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx

McNeese75
February 23rd, 2008, 04:20 PM

xrolleyesx This Statesman?

http://www.classesandcareers.com/education/wp-content/uploads/okra.jpg

This is in their future when they visit the Hole this year.

http://t2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1535553842057&id=07e9ed0ef4c63bf052b3e4418cffc7c9

I guess if they wanna whip some ass they could always swing back through Conway or Mumford on the way home xnodx

BEAR
February 23rd, 2008, 06:47 PM
xrolleyesx This Statesman?

http://www.classesandcareers.com/education/wp-content/uploads/okra.jpg

This is in their future when they visit the Hole this year.

http://t2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1535553842057&id=07e9ed0ef4c63bf052b3e4418cffc7c9

I guess if they wanna whip some ass they could always swing back through Conway or Mumford on the way home xnodx

Yeah, they've been real successful against that Conway team..3 - 9? xlolx xrulesx Um...not likely in Conway. xnonono2x

mikebigg
February 23rd, 2008, 07:30 PM
UCA had an impressive debut in the SLC... I know yall play UAPB in 2008 whose new coach is a former UCA Bear (I think). That should be a well attended game. With your proximity I think you guys should be on our schedule at least occassionally. I saw the Tech Score...that was impressive.

PSUVikings
February 24th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Good luck guys, This is very very much a possible upset.

McNeese75
February 24th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Good luck guys, This is very very much a possible upset.

Come on now, give us more than that. What game are you referring to? We only have about a dozen different conversations going on here :D