PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern schedule?

CSUbucFan
February 11th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Does anyone know when CSU is going to announce their schedule? I know of the Miami game but i heard rumors that they might be playing another FBS school, is that true?

Seawolf97
February 11th, 2008, 09:19 PM
I know you visit Stonybrook on October 18th-probably will be ou. Homecoming Game.

CSUBUCDAD
February 12th, 2008, 07:44 AM
As of last week they had one date to fill. Not sure what that was(you know how closed mouthed the Bucs staff can be). As for a second FBS team, I would be surprised to see that one develop.

08Dawg
February 12th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Maybe they're hammering out a last minute deal to play The Citadel instead of The Citadel playing Webber International High School, I mean, University.

CSUBUCDAD
February 12th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Maybe they're hammering out a last minute deal to play The Citadel instead of The Citadel playing Webber International High School, I mean, University.
That would be great. Kinda confused why they didn't get a deal done to play every year. Natural crosstown rivaly potential.

CSUbucFan
February 12th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I heard that Citadel didnt want to play CSU, the word on the street is that they backed out of playing u every year?

CSU BUCS
February 18th, 2008, 02:33 PM
CSU and The Citadel signed a 10 year contract in 2004..... So someone had to back out.

Who???

Go...gate
February 18th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Seems like a natural matchup given ever-spiraling travel costs. Both schools also might make some money off the game, always a pleasant surprise on the FCS level.

08Dawg
February 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Probably too late this year, but I bet with an as-yet unnamed AD coming in next year, we'll see the series return within a year or two.

Keeper
March 12th, 2008, 04:15 AM
It is apparent that CSU will play BOTH Miamies this season:

August 28 at Miami Hurricanes
September 13 at Miami Redhawks

This has to be some kind of a first.
Miami-Ohio schedule was just announced Tuesday.
Are the Dolphins next?

Biff
March 12th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Seems like a natural matchup given ever-spiraling travel costs. Both schools also might make some money off the game, always a pleasant surprise on the FCS level.

You would think, but the problem with this game is that we don't see enough of there fans to make money. Every Conference team we play brings more fans to our games than CSU, and it is a 35 minute drive for CSU. Albeit CSU is still trying to develop a football program. They have the smallest stadium among all the football playing schools in the area, including the middle schools and Junior Highs.

I am not disappointed about not playing them or VMI. The rivalry potential is there, but it hasn't developed any more. CSU has won one game and that was a fluke game in my opinion, but I was glad to see the one win for the life of the rivalry (once I got over how poorly our team played in the second quarter). They need to put a few more wins down for there fans to believe they can win. Also, look at our schedule. Webber International Middle School, I mean University, it a poor desicion to play. But, we have two FBS schools (for $$$ and recruiting) and Princeton. Unfortunately, I can't make the Princeton game, but I like the idea of playing a long time tradition like an Ivy League school.

CSUBUCDAD
March 12th, 2008, 08:38 AM
It is apparent that CSU will play BOTH Miamies this season:

August 28 at Miami Hurricanes
September 13 at Miami Redhawks

This has to be some kind of a first.
Miami-Ohio schedule was just announced Tuesday.
Are the Dolphins next?

Wow, that came out of left field. Be interesting to see how that matchup came about. If that was the one date left to fill, we should see the remaining CSU schedule here this week sometime. One bright spot too is they actually released the spring training schedule this week after having 4 years of closed practices.

CSU BUCS
March 15th, 2008, 12:11 PM
You would think, but the problem with this game is that we don't see enough of there fans to make money. Every Conference team we play brings more fans to our games than CSU, and it is a 35 minute drive for CSU. Albeit CSU is still trying to develop a football program. They have the smallest stadium among all the football playing schools in the area, including the middle schools and Junior Highs.

I am not disappointed about not playing them or VMI. The rivalry potential is there, but it hasn't developed any more. CSU has won one game and that was a fluke game in my opinion, but I was glad to see the one win for the life of the rivalry (once I got over how poorly our team played in the second quarter). They need to put a few more wins down for there fans to believe they can win. Also, look at our schedule. Webber International Middle School, I mean University, it a poor desicion to play. But, we have two FBS schools (for $$$ and recruiting) and Princeton. Unfortunately, I can't make the Princeton game, but I like the idea of playing a long time tradition like an Ivy League school.

Take away the Corp of cadets (does not buy tickets) and in 2006 CSU probably had more fans there than the Citadel did.

I have no Idea about 2007 as I was unable to attend.

Biff
March 15th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Take away the Corp of cadets (does not buy tickets) and in 2006 CSU probably had more fans there than the Citadel did.

I have no Idea about 2007 as I was unable to attend.

We average 14,000 fans a game. CSU can't even hold a quarter of that in there stadium. I don't know the year to year stats, but we should load our stadium for the CSU/The Citadel game. But, the fact is, a win against CSU is expected because if we can't beat y'all, we might as well hang it up for the Southern Conference. By far y'all have not met the Football standard put out by the SoCon.

CSU BUCS
March 16th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Neither have you

CSUBUCDAD
March 16th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Bif my man, you are a young man and for you to argue about the BUCS not measuring up to SOCON standards implying the the Dogs do is a joke. You guys have played football for 100 years now. You have 2 SOCON titles to your name in that time.
BUCS have played Div 1 ball now since 1993 and only got serious about the program when they hired Mills 5 years ago. Since then we have a conference title, a 9-2 record, and at one point had the longest winning streak in Div 1 football. Every BUC fan, and most intelligent football geeks know we have a long road ahead of use to establish a winning tradition.

Your argument that we don't bring enough fans is weak at best. Last years game was played in horrible weather, but the BUCS brought as many fans to that stadium for that game as we have at home games. For the record there were 12885 in attendance at that game and you averaged 13756 per home game for the year. That average puts you at 65.5% capacity for home games while the BUCS averaged 3236 per home game or 92.45% capacity for their home games.

Let's face it, the Dogs just got too beat up playing the BUCS. Why else would you schedule a pansy in Webber International in our place. You were embarrassed to beat the band by the BUC win in 2006 when the fact is they BUCS were better prepared and came to win. The Dogs took them for granted because they had won every year to date and got bit in the process.

I played for alot of years and I coached for alot of years and there is no such thing as a fluke win. You are either prepared or you are not. BUCS were, Dogs weren't. Whenever the Dogs want to man up again and play us, bring it. Any team, anytime, anywhere.

SuperJon
March 16th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Your argument that we don't bring enough fans is weak at best. Last years game was played in horrible weather, but the BUCS brought as many fans to that stadium for that game as we have at home games. For the record there were 12885 in attendance at that game and you averaged 13756 per home game for the year. That average puts you at 65.5% capacity for home games while the BUCS averaged 3236 per home game or 92.45% capacity for their home games.

All that means is your stadium is one of the biggest jokes in Division I football.

CSUBUCDAD
March 17th, 2008, 06:43 AM
All that means is your stadium is one of the biggest jokes in Division I football.

You make the mistake of equating size with quality.

SuperJon
March 17th, 2008, 07:53 AM
You make the mistake of equating size with quality.

No, I don't. I made the assumption of no bathrooms, no visitor's concessions, sand for grass, and a stadium that is smaller than most of the Big 16 high schools in SC and put it all together to make that statement. No matter which way you try to twist it, CSU's attendance is laughable, as is their stadium.

CSU BUCS
March 18th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Avg. attendance of just over 3000 is good for a school with an enrollment of just over 3,000 as well.

That's actually great percentage compared to the rest of I-AA and small college football in general.

citdog
March 19th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Avg. attendance of just over 3000 is good for a school with an enrollment of just over 3,000 as well.

That's actually great percentage compared to the rest of I-AA and small college football in general.

WHAT ABOUT A SCHOOL THAT HAS 1900 AND DRAWS 15-17K? IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING THAT'S THE CITADEL YOU BAPTIST SWINE.

CSUBUCDAD
March 19th, 2008, 01:36 PM
WHAT ABOUT A SCHOOL THAT HAS 1900 AND DRAWS 15-17K? IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING THAT'S THE CITADEL YOU BAPTIST SWINE.

100 years of football with literally hundreds of thousands of alumni and you can have those numbers with that kind of student population. Heck, it was just six years ago that it was costing CSU money to have a football program and they only were giving a few partial schollies. You would be lucky to see 300 people at a game. So I think with where the BUCS are now we have made tremendous progress in 5 short years of being serious about building a program.

CSU BUCS
March 20th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I bet Webber International is bringing a HUGE CROWD xrolleyesx

csuBUC06
March 21st, 2008, 12:06 PM
No, I don't. I made the assumption of no bathrooms, no visitor's concessions, sand for grass, and a stadium that is smaller than most of the Big 16 high schools in SC and put it all together to make that statement. No matter which way you try to twist it, CSU's attendance is laughable, as is their stadium.

hey, we have bathrooms

Libertine
March 21st, 2008, 12:36 PM
hey, we have bathrooms

No, you don't.

CSUBUCDAD
March 21st, 2008, 12:41 PM
Sure do, right under the stadium on the home side. You guys on the visitors side can use the woods if you like. xeyebrowx

SuperJon
March 21st, 2008, 02:09 PM
hey, we have bathrooms

Not on the visitor's side. Just like no concessions on the visitor's side either.

Libertine
March 21st, 2008, 06:14 PM
Sure do, right under the stadium on the home side. You guys on the visitors side can use the woods if you like. xeyebrowx

I think you just proved SuperJon's point.

SuperJon
March 21st, 2008, 06:31 PM
And they wonder why no one travels to the CSU games. I know I'm not going back.

csuBUC06
March 24th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Not on the visitor's side. Just like no concessions on the visitor's side either.

next time specify.xthumbsupx

CSUBUCDAD
March 24th, 2008, 04:05 PM
And they wonder why no one travels to the CSU games. I know I'm not going back.

Way to support your team there cuz. Fess up, you just have a boner for anything negative you can sling about CSU. You been doing since I got here two years ago and I doubt you will change anytime soon.

SuperJon
March 24th, 2008, 11:16 PM
It's not hard to sling dirt at CSU. They're the biggest joke in the Big South, and that's on all counts. They have the worst facilities in the league in pretty much all sports.

Of the sports that have finished this year, this is where CSU finished in them:

Men's BB: 8th (last)
Women's BB: 6th (next to last)
Football: 4th (next to last)
Men's Soccer: No program
Women's soccer: 2nd
Volleyball: 7th (last)

Yea, it doesn't take much to sling dirt on CSU.

Biff
March 25th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I bet Webber International is bringing a HUGE CROWD xrolleyesx

Don't think I like that game either. It is a load of ***** that we play them as well.

Biff
March 25th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Bif my man, you are a young man and for you to argue about the BUCS not measuring up to SOCON standards implying the the Dogs do is a joke. You guys have played football for 100 years now. You have 2 SOCON titles to your name in that time.
BUCS have played Div 1 ball now since 1993 and only got serious about the program when they hired Mills 5 years ago. Since then we have a conference title, a 9-2 record, and at one point had the longest winning streak in Div 1 football. Every BUC fan, and most intelligent football geeks know we have a long road ahead of use to establish a winning tradition.

Let's face it, the Dogs just got too beat up playing the BUCS. Why else would you schedule a pansy in Webber International in our place. You were embarrassed to beat the band by the BUC win in 2006 when the fact is they BUCS were better prepared and came to win. The Dogs took them for granted because they had won every year to date and got bit in the process.

I played for alot of years and I coached for alot of years and there is no such thing as a fluke win. You are either prepared or you are not. BUCS were, Dogs weren't. Whenever the Dogs want to man up again and play us, bring it. Any team, anytime, anywhere.

Your conference title includes off weeks against easy non Division I opponents. You can only boast a 6-2 (I believe you played 3 that year) record in DI that year. So it was pretty easy to stay healthy and concentrate on the hard games. Give me a shout after this season, now that you are starting to put together tougher schedules (congrats on that). Lets see how you fair. Hell, we were stupid enough to end our season with a game against the Gators of Florida. If we can make the playoffs, what a way to get a great kick start. xsmhx

Hopefully both The Citadel and CSU will stop playing non-Division I teams in the near future. It is great for an easy win, but it does little, in my opinion, other than give our teams a bye week and let the scrubs play.

walliver
March 25th, 2008, 02:23 PM
100 years of football with literally hundreds of thousands of alumni and you can have those numbers with that kind of student population. Heck, it was just six years ago that it was costing CSU money to have a football program and they only were giving a few partial schollies. You would be lucky to see 300 people at a game. So I think with where the BUCS are now we have made tremendous progress in 5 short years of being serious about building a program.

Does the Citadel have a fountain of youth on the campus? Graduating 500 cadets (probably a little less) every year, it would take 200 years to reach 100,000 alumni.:D If there is a fountain of youth however, it is possible that CitDog may have fought in the recent unpleasantness.

As far as other small colleges, Furman, Wofford, and even PC routinely draw 4-5 times their enrollment at home football games.

g-webb1994
March 26th, 2008, 11:46 PM
On the bright side, CSU's football cheerleaders have some hotties!!;)

CSU BUCS
March 27th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Ha HA

I love it how SJ loves to bash CSU ha ha its great! Really, its like he's obsessed with it.
I just hope he doesn't have a stroke over it.......

Biff
March 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Does the Citadel have a fountain of youth on the campus? Graduating 500 cadets (probably a little less) every year, it would take 200 years to reach 100,000 alumni.:D If there is a fountain of youth however, it is possible that CitDog may have fought in the recent unpleasantness.

As far as other small colleges, Furman, Wofford, and even PC routinely draw 4-5 times their enrollment at home football games.

The Citadel's living graduate population is roughly 20K. We have graduated on average since the 70's 425 (guestimation). Before the 70's, The Citadel was smaller than the present enrollment.