PDA

View Full Version : SHSU FB Scheduling 2008 - Anyone Know?

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2008, 11:44 AM
SHSU has a Div II home game against East Central Oklahoma (Aug.30) and a road game at FBS Kansas (Sept. 20) as part of our out of conference schedule...this has been confirmed some time (and is available on our web site)

We had four SLC home games and three SLC road games this year which includes SFA and Texas State-San Marcos at home, so two of our biggest rivals at home, which is always good (hate the odd years when we have both on the road, so lame)...

I know in 2009, we host both North Dakota State (completes the home-and-home started in 2007) and Western Illinois (begins a four-year home-and-home)...

We were rumored to have Coastal Carolina, but that fell apart (not sure why). We've been rumored to have Prairie View A&M on tap...but neither Panther88 or myself have been able to confirm that...

Anyone know of anything from their school that can help us out?

Has Montana St filled their slate? A Big Sky foe would be great. Indiana St, what do you guys got going on? We love the Gateway! ;)

nwFL Griz
February 11th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Here's Indiana St's schedule:
Indiana St. (http://www.gosycamores.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=65231&SPID=7269&DB_OEM_ID=15200&KEY=&Q_SEASON=2008)

As you can see they are full. I don't think the Bobcats have filled their schedule yet, I could be wrong though.

813Jag
February 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
SHSU has a Div II home game against East Central Oklahoma (Aug.30) and a road game at FBS Kansas (Sept. 20) as part of our out of conference schedule...this has been confirmed some time (and is available on our web site)

We had four SLC home games and three SLC road games this year which includes SFA and Texas State-San Marcos at home, so two of our biggest rivals at home, which is always good (hate the odd years when we have both on the road, so lame)...

I know in 2009, we host both North Dakota State (completes the home-and-home started in 2007) and Western Illinois (begins a four-year home-and-home)...

We were rumored to have Coastal Carolina, but that fell apart (not sure why). We've been rumored to have Prairie View A&M on tap...but neither Panther88 or myself have been able to confirm that...

Anyone know of anything from their school that can help us out?

Has Montana St filled their slate? A Big Sky foe would be great. Indiana St, what do you guys got going on? We love the Gateway! ;)
I know you're not happy about that Aug 30th game. PV is getting better, playing against a good team like SHSU would do wonders for them.

CatFan22
February 11th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I heard a rumor that MSU could be in the mix to play SHSU. I heard that the matchup would help Ash in his recruiting of Texas players as well as fill the other open date we have in the first 3 weeks.

justsaying
February 11th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I heard a couple weeks ago that Gardner-Webb might be in the mix.... They are from the same conference as Coastal Carolina

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I heard a rumor that MSU could be in the mix to play SHSU. I heard that the matchup would help Ash in his recruiting of Texas players as well as fill the other open date we have in the first 3 weeks.

Montana St is no stranger to trips to San Marcos, Nacogdoches and Huntsville -- though it has been awhile since they made it to Huntsville. It would definitely be a home-and-home our fan base would enjoy...

I know you're not happy about that Aug 30th game. PV is getting better, playing against a good team like SHSU would do wonders for them.

We'd love to play PVA&M. They are definitely the best SWAC team in the Houston area and they are only getting better. It'd be a great matchup for them and with how both teams are doing, it'd hopefully get a fair shake of coverage in the Houston area.

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I heard a couple weeks ago that Gardner-Webb might be in the mix.... They are from the same conference as Coastal Carolina

A Big South opponent would be a first for the Kats. We've never played a team from the Big South and I'd be curious to see if we've ever played any East Coast teams...Gardner-Webb would be a nice fit, though I do not think they have the name recognition our fans would like, yet they would love an FCS...

What's G-Webb's history in this region? Didn't you home-and-home with Southeastern La. a few years ago?

patssle
February 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Those are good rumours, hopefully they come true.

justsaying
February 11th, 2008, 12:44 PM
GW are a consistent 6-5 team almost every year. They do have their years of going 9-1 and 7-4 etc. They are notorious for playing tough non- conference oppontents every year which can make thier overall record look worse than their team capabilities, if they scheduled a little lighter. Last year that included Ohio University, Mississippi State, Appalachian State and Wofford. They do lead the SE. La series 2-0 winning down there a couple years ago.

Panther88
February 11th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Aug 30th is quite an intriguing date for PV and SHSU. xreadx

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Aug 30th is quite an intriguing date for PV and SHSU. xreadx

SHSU already had East Central Oklahoma on that date...and would PV want to play a game before what has customarily been the season-opener vs Tx Southern?

GeauxLions94
February 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM
A Big South opponent would be a first for the Kats. We've never played a team from the Big South and I'd be curious to see if we've ever played any East Coast teams...Gardner-Webb would be a nice fit, though I do not think they have the name recognition our fans would like, yet they would love an FCS...

What's G-Webb's history in this region? Didn't you home-and-home with Southeastern La. a few years ago?

GW are a consistent 6-5 team almost every year. They do have their years of going 9-1 and 7-4 etc. They are notorious for playing tough non- conference oppontents every year which can make thier overall record look worse than their team capabilities, if they scheduled a little lighter. Last year that included Ohio University, Mississippi State, Appalachian State and Wofford. They do lead the SE. La series 2-0 winning down there a couple years ago.

We played at G-Webb in final game of 2004 (Hal's last game before leaving for Las Cruces) and got hammered despite nearly 600 yards total offense.

G-Webb came to Hammond in 2006 and rallied in second half for 28-21 win

3rd Coast Tiger
February 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM
"Unacceptable for a Div. II on the schedule..."

TexasTerror when referring to SWAC schedules.

Panther88
February 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM
SHSU already had East Central Oklahoma on that date...and would PV want to play a game before what has customarily been the season-opener vs Tx Southern?

I thought we were attempting to move the game to labor day w/e being that Sunday night. xconfusedx If that is true, then Aug 30th is still open for PV. xreadx Hoepfully ditto for SHSU. xreadx

slostang
February 11th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Cal Poly is traveling to LA. Southland Conference teams McNeese State on Sept. 13th and Northwestern State on Sept. 20th. I know that Cal Poly is still looking to fill the last couple spots on their schedule and would love to see one of the Texas Southland members on the schedule.

patssle
February 11th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Cal Poly is traveling to LA. Southland Conference teams McNeese State on Sept. 13th and Northwestern State on Sept. 20th. I know that Cal Poly is still looking to fill the last couple spots on their schedule and would love to see one of the Texas Southland members on the schedule.

Wow 3 SLC schools in 2 years? That would be nuts if you added us too...

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM
TexasTerror when referring to SWAC schedules.

Like those who handle Texas Southern's finances, your misinterpreting what you read...

SWAC schools a) lose to sub-Div I schools at an almost 50% clip and b) schedule road games at sub-Div I schools across the board.

Sure, SHSU has a sub-Div I foe, but we sure aren't traveling to them and you better believe, we won't lose to them. We always have one sub-Div I. That's the nature of the game -- if we have more, we got some problems, because we are competing for a national title, not an "in-house" like the SWAC...

BearsCountry
February 11th, 2008, 06:03 PM
You guys can come back to Springfield again, we are open on the 27th. :)

TexasTerror
February 11th, 2008, 06:22 PM
You guys can come back to Springfield again, we are open on the 27th. :)

Figure Missouri State owes us a visit (or few) before we go back up there... ;)

already123
February 12th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I believe NAU has an opening on the 13th....Im sure the lumberjacks would love to play SHSU again....always an exciting match up!!!

TexasTerror
February 12th, 2008, 10:36 PM
SHSU is up to 11 games from what I gather -- looking like one home FCS game, one road FCS game to go along with at Kansas and at East Central Oklahoma...

This is good news for 2009 -- Kats would host three OOC FCS foes while traveling to one...which means the 2009 slate is set!

katstrapper
February 13th, 2008, 07:14 AM
SHSU is up to 11 games from what I gather -- looking like one home FCS game, one road FCS game to go along with at Kansas and at East Central Oklahoma...

This is good news for 2009 -- Kats would host three OOC FCS foes while traveling to one...which means the 2009 slate is set!

TT

We are not playing AT East Central Oklahoma. That game is at home ECOU is DII.

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2008, 07:34 AM
We are not playing AT East Central Oklahoma. That game is at home ECOU is DII.

My mistake -- a slip of the hand! ;)

Still glad we have 11 games, would love a 12th!

already123
February 13th, 2008, 09:51 AM
PLAY NAU!!!

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2008, 10:07 AM
PLAY NAU!!!

Not sure we could play NAU. We have two games we need to fly to -- Kansas and our unannounced road game. I don't think we'd be willing to do three fly games...unless NAU was willing to start in Huntsville and play us in Flagstaff down the road...

In 2009 -- we have WIU, NDSU and TBD (we play them on the road this year) at home with a TBD (a completion of a home-and-home) on the road. With that situation, we have our full slate of OOC games in 2009. SHSU already has WIU on the road in 2010, so we'd be looking at 2011 for the trip to NAU.

already123
February 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Not sure we could play NAU. We have two games we need to fly to -- Kansas and our unannounced road game. I don't think we'd be willing to do three fly games...unless NAU was willing to start in Huntsville and play us in Flagstaff down the road...

In 2009 -- we have WIU, NDSU and TBD (we play them on the road this year) at home with a TBD (a completion of a home-and-home) on the road. With that situation, we have our full slate of OOC games in 2009. SHSU already has WIU on the road in 2010, so we'd be looking at 2011 for the trip to NAU.

Really? who is this other FCS team that they are playing? I just looked at the website and it shows 9 games....5 homes games. What schedule are you using ?xeyebrowx

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Really? who is this other FCS team that they are playing? I just looked at the website and it shows 9 games....5 homes games. What schedule are you using ?xeyebrowx

I know about two games that have not been announced just yet. One is a home game, the other is an away game. I'm really excited about both of them as one is a foe I really wanted to see on the schedule and the other is "new" for our program.

slycat
February 13th, 2008, 06:57 PM
hope yall dont have to settle for 2 D2 games again.

McNeese75
February 13th, 2008, 07:54 PM
We just completed our 12 game schedule with a friggin home game against NAIA Southern Virginia University xconfusedx xmadx

http://http://forums.delphiforums.com/geauxcowboys/messages/?msg=8673.1 (http://forums.delphiforums.com/geauxcowboys/messages/?msg=8673.1)

gokats85
February 13th, 2008, 07:58 PM
hope yall dont have to settle for 2 D2 games again.

That makes two of us!

slycat
February 13th, 2008, 08:13 PM
We just completed our 12 game schedule with a friggin home game against NAIA Southern Virginia University xconfusedx xmadx

http://http://forums.delphiforums.com/geauxcowboys/messages/?msg=8673.1 (http://forums.delphiforums.com/geauxcowboys/messages/?msg=8673.1)

yikes. thats rough. im shocked a NAIA is going all the way from VA to LA.

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2008, 08:14 PM

Hey -- not the first time. West Virginia Tech enjoyed a fun stay in Lake Charles recently. Got to find someone to fill the hole! :)

McNeese75
February 13th, 2008, 08:15 PM

xsmhx Last one of those teams that came from the Virginias (2006) went home on the short end of a 76-0 scoreboard.

slycat
February 13th, 2008, 08:18 PM
xsmhx Last one of those teams that came from the Virginias (2006) went home on the short end of a 76-0 scoreboard.

thats a long trip home.

McNeese75
February 13th, 2008, 08:30 PM
thats a long trip home.

Especially on a BUS xeekx

Purple Pride
February 13th, 2008, 08:36 PM
We've got NAIA Quincy as Bear bait this year.xthumbsupx

katstrapper
February 13th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Hey -- not the first time. West Virginia Tech enjoyed a fun stay in Lake Charles recently. Got to find someone to fill the hole! :)

Terror, would you stop all the secrecy crap? You are as bad as the Ath. Dept at SHSU. Just say who it is. Why in the heck does it matter? This silent, secret mess just really irritates the hell outta of me. Geeez.

katstrapper
February 13th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I know about two games that have not been announced just yet. One is a home game, the other is an away game. I'm really excited about both of them as one is a foe I really wanted to see on the schedule and the other is "new" for our program.

TT,
would you stop with all the secrecy crap? We get enough of that from the Ath. Dept already. Geeezzxbangx

McNeese75
February 13th, 2008, 09:40 PM
TT,
would you stop with all the secrecy crap? We get enough of that from the Ath. Dept already. Geeezzxbangx

xeekx WHATTTTTTTTTT, You mean you are not a member of the double top secret inner chamber in charge of scheduling????? xlolx (jk)

BearsCountry
February 13th, 2008, 10:33 PM
We've got NAIA Quincy as Bear bait this year.xthumbsupx

Quincy is a weird deal, they play NAIA football and is D2 in everything else.

TexasTerror
February 13th, 2008, 10:57 PM

I didn't hear from the athletic department anything...it's fellow posters on this board who are doing the "ground work". And last time, we let a "chicken" out of the bag, we didn't end up playing them (right, Coastal Carolina?). Wouldn't want to jeopardize contracts...

You can probably PM around on KatFans.com. Seems there's a few individuals that know what's going on, just can't post it publicly...

katstrapper
February 14th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I didn't hear from the athletic department anything...it's fellow posters on this board who are doing the "ground work". And last time, we let a "chicken" out of the bag, we didn't end up playing them (right, Coastal Carolina?). Wouldn't want to jeopardize contracts...

You can probably PM around on KatFans.com. Seems there's a few individuals that know what's going on, just can't post it publicly...

Cant post it publicy?what is so secret about a freaking football schedule? i understand keeping mum on recruiting more than I do the schedule. Talking about the possibilty of playing Coastal Carolina had nothing to do with not getting the games. Maybe this is why the university struggles every year in selling and promoting season tickets. They wait until July or August to release full schedule.

katstrapper
February 14th, 2008, 07:10 AM
xeekx WHATTTTTTTTTT, You mean you are not a member of the double top secret inner chamber in charge of scheduling????? xlolx (jk)

ha ha! no I wasnt afforded that opportunity.xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Cant post it publicy?what is so secret about a freaking football schedule? i understand keeping mum on recruiting more than I do the schedule. Talking about the possibilty of playing Coastal Carolina had nothing to do with not getting the games. Maybe this is why the university struggles every year in selling and promoting season tickets. They wait until July or August to release full schedule.

Come on now, you know the schedule will be released around the time of spring football...that's how it's always done.

SHSU actually announced the East Central Oklahoma and Kansas games at the end of last football season, which was a bit different -- so we may see the games added as they actually are signed...

As it relates to posting things on the 'Net costing the institution, I know of at least one occasion when a post with information on the Internet cost the athletic department several thousand dollars that it would not have had to spend...

In the end...SHSU will more than likely host a SWAC school and travel to a Big South school this coming year, two things that have been discussed for a majority off the off-season. If this is the case and these home-and-homes are to be completed next year, the 2009 OOC schedule is full.

patssle
February 14th, 2008, 08:50 AM
And last time, we let a "chicken" out of the bag, we didn't end up playing them (

I don't recall CCU being posted anywhere. I know you and I knew about it several months before it even came up anywhere...but I don't recall it being made public until we found out it was a dead deal.

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I don't recall CCU being posted anywhere. I know you and I knew about it several months before it even came up anywhere...but I don't recall it being made public until we found out it was a dead deal.

Thought it was posted around...seemed everyone and their mother knew that we were looking at Coastal Carolina for a home-and-home. Guess you are right...

We'll keep our fingers crossed...

McNeese75
February 14th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Regardless of the final schedule guys, it is fairly certain 2008 will be more condusive for a trip to the playoffs than 2007 xnodx

patssle
February 14th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Regardless of the final schedule guys, it is fairly certain 2008 will be more condusive for a trip to the playoffs than 2007 xnodx

I agree. 2008 could be looking at the return of a multibid SLC conference. SHSU could of done it last year had we not 2 D2 games and 1 FBS game. This year we will have a MUCH better schedule and Texas State has a great FCS filled schedule though its a bunch of fluff schools (based on last year).

TexasTerror
February 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
2009 will be even more conducive for the Kats -- three FCS home games, one FCS road game plus three SLC home and four SLC road.

Just need to take care of business in our OOC FCS matchups this year and go 5-2 in the SLC and we'll be in the playoffs. It'll be hard to turn away a 7-3 (throwing out the sub-Div I) SLC team, though with the schools playing 12, you never know...

patssle
February 14th, 2008, 12:09 PM
go 5-2 in the SLC and we'll be in the playoffs

Yeah, with losses coming to UCA and McNeese. That'll be my pre-season prediction as Whitten hasn't beaten them yet. At least we get McNeese at home...

McNeese75
February 14th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah, with losses coming to UCA and McNeese. That'll be my pre-season prediction as Whitten hasn't beaten them yet. At least we get McNeese at home...

:) Normally I would say something cute about playing in your house but with Bomar healthy I figure this year will be a real catfight for the Cowboys to make it out with a win.

patssle
February 14th, 2008, 01:09 PM
:) Normally I would say something cute about playing in your house but with Bomar healthy I figure this year will be a real catfight for the Cowboys to make it out with a win.

It's been a good catfight the past 2 games in Huntsville too. Even with the one we lost...we started an injured QB who turned the ball over 2 times in the 1st quarter due to a coaching decision. But we still managed to make it a decent game.

Panther88
February 14th, 2008, 03:13 PM
xthumbsupx xreadx

Just checking in. :)

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 11:47 AM
A reliable source on KatFans.com is confirming that our head coach told him we have Prairie View A&M and Gardner-Webb on the slate...can not confirm G-W or PVA&M game dates...

8-28...EAST CENTRAL OKLAHOMA
9-6 or 9-13...at Gardner Webb
9-20....at Kansas
9-13 or 9-27...PRAIRIE VIEW A&M
10-11...at Central Arkansas
10-18...McNEESE STATE (Homecoming)
10-25...at Northwestern State
11-1...STEPHEN F AUSTIN
11-8...at Nicholls State
11-15....SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
11-22....TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Gardner Webb is a home game...so we have a loaded slate with three OOC home games plus four SLC home games (two of which are against huge rivals -- TXST and SFA).

This schedule is very similar to the year SHSU made their semifinal run...

9-13...GARDNER WEBB
9-20....at Kansas
9-27...PRAIRIE VIEW A&M
10-11...at Central Arkansas
10-18...McNEESE STATE (Homecoming)
10-25...at Northwestern State
11-1...STEPHEN F AUSTIN
11-8...at Nicholls State
11-15....SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA
11-22....TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS

Panther88
February 15th, 2008, 03:15 PM
lol

I'll know what's what tomorrow. (hopefully)

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM
lol

I'll know what's what tomorrow. (hopefully)

On tap when we confirm SHSU and PVA&M date/time -- making sure the Chronicle actually covers it! That's two schools who should have strong years playing right outside of Houston. It needs an advance (which plugs the PWC and HBCUs of the area playing -- we need to see more) and a game story...

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Apparently Gardner Webb has Austin Peay on the 13 of Sept...so I switched the two home dates around...PVA&M has Grambling on Oct 4th in Dallas...

9-13...PRAIRIE VIEW A&M
9-20....at Kansas
9-27...GARDNER-WEBB

slycat
February 15th, 2008, 06:16 PM
looks like shsu made an easier OCC schedule like texas st. will help for the playoffs.

patssle
February 15th, 2008, 06:21 PM
looks like shsu made an easier OCC schedule like texas st. will help for the playoffs.

Yeah these guys are definitely no NDSU...but they did pretty decent last year. Gardner went 5-6 with 2 of those losses to App State and Wofford. PVAM was 7-3. Should be 2 quality FCS games.

BEAR
February 15th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I'm just glad to finally see SHSU come to our house...now you can get a little taste of Bear hospitality...xlolx

OLDLCOACH111
February 15th, 2008, 07:37 PM

Yeah, GW is really not a team to sleep on, if you trade the teams they played last year, like Ohio University, Mississippi State, Appalachian State and Wofford, and instead play teams like Angelo state, and Ark-Monticello(Not a insult, just a comparison) then we would be talking about an at worst 7-4 or 8-3 team.

already123
February 15th, 2008, 10:39 PM
based on the amount of returning players and their success from last year (along with it being somewhat of an instant rivalry game) what do yall think PV's chance is for the game? I like them in this game....a lot

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2008, 08:13 AM
based on the amount of returning players and their success from last year (along with it being somewhat of an instant rivalry game) what do yall think PV's chance is for the game? I like them in this game....a lot

Big questions surround SHSU...

Is Bomar going to be healthy? He's apparently tossing the ball around, working on passing patterns, while remaining flat footed...

How will the WR corps be for the Kats?
Secondary questions, are they answered?
Can Chris Poullard continue to be the answer in the backfield?

slycat
February 16th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Big questions surround SHSU...

Is Bomar going to be healthy? He's apparently tossing the ball around, working on passing patterns, while remaining flat footed...

How will the WR corps be for the Kats?
Secondary questions, are they answered?
Can Chris Poullard continue to be the answer in the backfield?

hows yalls o-line and d-line looking for next year, they helped yall out a lot last year. or are you returning a bunch of them?

McNeese75
February 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
hows yalls o-line and d-line looking for next year, they helped yall out a lot last year. or are you returning a bunch of them?

I know I am not the one to answer this but it seems like I remember the O-line was pretty senior.

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2008, 11:24 AM

We lose 3 of 10 of our guys on the offensive line. 2 of 8 are gone from the defensive line as far as two-deep goes.

Got one JUCO transfer to the O-Line --

Mike Mosmeyer OL 6-4 300 Ingleside, TX / Ingleside HS (Navarro JC)

As far as new talents -- we got an all-state player from Oklahoma, who red-shirted last year -- Travis Watson. "All-State, All-Region, All-Conference, and All-City tackle and guard on state quarterfinalist ... played in the 2006 Oil Bowl All Star game."

D-Line, Edward Decambre has been highly touted..."Two-time first team All District defensive lineman for coach Rodney Vincent ... Dave Campbell Texas Football Top 300 ... three-year starter ... two-time team captain and All Central Texas ... team Defensive Lineman of the Year ... played in 2007 “Lone Star Classic” ... recorded 60 tackles and 10 sacks as a senior ."

slycat
February 16th, 2008, 11:27 AM
itll be intersting to see what shsu team we see next season. like you said a lot rides on how bomar heals up and poullad and new wrs step up.

im thinking mcneese st at the top again. with a whole mess of teams fighting it out bellow that. i think OOC records are going to be very important this year because it seems that things could be much more even during conference play.

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2008, 11:34 AM
im thinking mcneese st at the top again. with a whole mess of teams fighting it out bellow that. i think OOC records are going to be very important this year because it seems that things could be much more even during conference play.

UCA, still not eligible for the playoffs, is going to be the thorn in everyone's side. There's no reason to me that they will not once again be near the top of the Southland Conference. Well-coached team (Clint Conque impresses me a great deal) with a strong arm.

SHSU will probably be picked #3 by the SIDs and coaches. I would not expect any lower. Just based off of last year and the fact that IMO, we did not lose much outside of perhaps on the defensive end, but they were not good anyway, so hopefully we have some young, energized players who are ready to take care of business. Two DBs were picked up by us in signing. One of JUCO talent and the other from SMU.

BEAR
February 16th, 2008, 01:24 PM
UCA, still not eligible for the playoffs, is going to be the thorn in everyone's side EVERY YEAR. There's no reason to me that they will not once again be near the top of the Southland Conference. Well-coached team (Clint Conque impresses me a great deal) with a strong arm. They also beefed up on defense and will demolish other offenses with their JUCO transfers and experienced sophomores.

SHSU will probably be picked #3 by the SIDs and coaches. I would not expect any lower. Just based off of last year and the fact that IMO, we did not lose much outside of perhaps on the defensive end, but they were not good anyway, so hopefully we have some young, energized players who are ready to take care of business. Two DBs were picked up by us in signing. One of JUCO talent and the other from SMU.

Fixed it for ya! xthumbsupx xlolx

Purple Pride
February 16th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Fixed it for ya! xthumbsupx xlolxNice. Will we be picked last again this year?xlolx

slycat
February 16th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Nice. Will we be picked last again this year?xlolx

heck no. im sure it was because they knew little about your team. now that we know it will get interesting. yall are a great addition to the conference.

MaximumBobcat
February 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Nice. Will we be picked last again this year?xlolx

I believe that honor will go to SFA.

BEAR
February 16th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I believe that honor will go to SFA.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xrulesx xlolx xlolx

already123
February 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM
so lets assume PVAMU beasts SHSU....what does this do to the bearkats? just because PV had one good year, does that make them respectable, or are they turning a corner?

TexasTerror
February 18th, 2008, 04:46 PM
so lets assume PVAMU beasts SHSU....what does this do to the bearkats? just because PV had one good year, does that make them respectable, or are they turning a corner?

PVA&M is turning the corner...I think beating SHSU would be huge for them, but their #1 priority is defeating Grambling and taking the SWAC West...those are the two hurdles that are laid out before them that they would like to accomplish first and foremost...

already123
February 19th, 2008, 11:12 AM
do you think they can do it?

813Jag
February 19th, 2008, 12:21 PM
PVA&M is turning the corner...I think beating SHSU would be huge for them, but their #1 priority is defeating Grambling and taking the SWAC West...those are the two hurdles that are laid out before them that they would like to accomplish first and foremost...
I know you're not very high on Southern, but that will be PV's late season test before they can think about winning the West.