PDA

View Full Version : Texas State

JohnStOnge
September 24th, 2005, 06:50 AM
There's a long thread on Texas State at Texas A&M but I thought I'd start a new one to focus on the question of just how good Texas State is.

I started watching the game late in the first quarter...didn't know it was on but caught it when I flipped to Fox Sports SW. But Texas A&M could NOT stop Texas State's offense. I just looked at the final stats and they're consistent with what I saw: 493 total yards by the Bobcats and a 26 for 34 performance...including 3 TDs against 1 INT...for quarterback Barrick Nealy. His QB rating for the game is 193.1.

So now they're at 2-1 and there was no question that they were able to compete physically nose to nose with Texas A&M.

On the other end of the spectrum the Bobcats struggled with Delta State (32-25). Delta State's traditionally a good DII squad and beat 2004 DII runner-up Pittsburgh State 44-31 to open 2005 but, obviously, probably no Texas A&M...and the Statesmen did lose by 56-21 to North Alabama (which also appears to be a real good D-II this year).

I'm not voting in the poll this year but if I was I think I'd put them somewhere in the middle to low area of the top 10 at this point. For sure right now I favor them to win the Southland. Nobody else in that league has a quarterback anything like what the Bobcats have. He's a game-changer.

Bobcat94
September 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Hey, Thanks for the support, JSO. I hope McNeese St. can recover quickly from the Rita hangover. I'm looking forward to that game and hope we are both undefeated in the SLC by then.....

Again thanks and take care.....