PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana/North Caroline FCS/BCS challenge

JohnStOnge
February 9th, 2008, 09:17 AM
On August 30 Appalachian State travels to LSU while McNeese State travels to North Carolina. Which State has the best chance to finish 2 - 0 in those two games?

Appalachian State is three time defending I-AA/FCS champ while McNeese State laid an egg in the first round of the playoffs last season. On the other hand, LSU is the defending BCS champ while North Carolina finished 4-8.

GeauxLions94
February 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
LSU over App State (will be pretty entertaining for three quarters)
UNC over McNeese State (like Butch Davis' team in his second year in Chapel Hill)

But if there's an upset, it's going to be the Cowboys over the Heels.

TheValleyRaider
February 9th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Best shot? Gotta be Louisiana

LSU is a step above the Michigan team App. beat last year, plus the Mountaineers lose some key leadership pieces. I know they've got strong recruits waiting in the wings, but you can't just subtract guys like Lynch and expect to keep on trucking like nothing changed

MSU-UNC is an interesting one to look at, and I'd say it's the more likely FCS upset. Of course, how does McNeese respond after last season's rough ending? How much better has Butch Davis made the Heels? Would this have been a game Carolina would have won last year anyway?

Still, I could see the McBoys winning in Chapel Hill before I could see ASU taking down the Bengals in Death Valley xtwocentsx

TexasTerror
February 9th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I can see both states going 1-1 over that two-game stretch there...

Steven Whitehead returns! Should be exciting for the Pokes who get one of the most electric players I've ever watched make his return to the playing field...

KiddBrewer
February 9th, 2008, 12:36 PM
i had to vote LA. cause carolina sucks haha

Ivytalk
February 9th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Best shot? Gotta be Louisiana

LSU is a step above the Michigan team App. beat last year, plus the Mountaineers lose some key leadership pieces. I know they've got strong recruits waiting in the wings, but you can't just subtract guys like Lynch and expect to keep on trucking like nothing changed

MSU-UNC is an interesting one to look at, and I'd say it's the more likely FCS upset. Of course, how does McNeese respond after last season's rough ending? How much better has Butch Davis made the Heels? Would this have been a game Carolina would have won last year anyway?

Still, I could see the McBoys winning in Chapel Hill before I could see ASU taking down the Bengals in Death Valley xtwocentsx

I agree!xthumbsupx

appfan2008
February 9th, 2008, 01:12 PM
i hate north carolina...

so i voted for louisiana

GeauxLions94
February 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM
i hate north carolina...

so i voted for louisiana

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

ASU
February 9th, 2008, 01:38 PM
xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Should have been each game against the other....I hate Univ of North Carolina also, but this was not what I thought I was voting for.

Would say "go Cowboys" because NoCar refused to play Appalachian, because they were afraid of them. At least LSU has some guts.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/6529/avatarasuarmantie3ly7.jpg

uofmman1122
February 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'd much rather bank on both states going 1-1 for obvious reasons, but:

LSU > UNC

Louisiana for sure....hard to imagine people even voting for North Carolina. Regarding both FCS teams, I'd say Mcneese has a much, much higher chance of winning. I'd love to see both FCS teams win, but App fans, LSU is not Michigan.

jonmac
February 9th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'd much rather bank on both states going 1-1 for obvious reasons, but:

LSU > UNC

Louisiana for sure....hard to imagine people even voting for North Carolina. Regarding both FCS teams, I'd say Mcneese has a much, much higher chance of winning. I'd love to see both FCS teams win, but App fans, LSU is not Michigan.

Yes, you are correct there. But we can also say that the '08 Tigers are not quite the same as the '07 Tigers either. But...still probably better than the '07 Wolverines. We've definitely got our work cut out for us. But if the players don't have anymore respect for us than some of the posters on Tiger Rant then we've got a good chance. I don't think, however, that will be the case at all. GOAPPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah, LA has a much better chance to be the 2-0 State. Would like to see the TarHeels win...nah...not really.xsmiley_wix

APPride
February 9th, 2008, 03:09 PM
i had to vote LA. cause carolina sucks haha

beat me too it...no matter how much $$ the tar babies throw at Butch Davis, they will still always be ... I don't know, someone help me out...

Eyes of Old Main
February 9th, 2008, 04:42 PM
Had to go with Louisiana since Appalachian has to get stuck with such a weak partner in UNC-CH.

lizrdgizrd
February 11th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I'd love to see the states go 1-1 with the FCS teams prevailing. xnodx

appheel
February 11th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Obviously its much more likely that Carolina will lose to McNeese, than it is that LSU will lose to App.

So Louisiana is definitely more likely to go 2-0, but I'll be rooting for both North Carolina times to win.

The Cats
February 11th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Who cares ????????

Appalachian
February 11th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Who cares ????????

Yes, western still stinks!!!:D Be ready for another whipping in November!