PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Griz Recruiting Video is complete.

Ronbo
February 8th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Make a pot of coffee or a pitcher of margaritas. It's 41 minutes long. Coach Hauck examines each of 33 recruits.

2008 Griz Recruit Video 41 Minutes (http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2008_2009/Football/Multimedia/2008_Signing/signingday08.wmv)

APPALACHIANstate
February 9th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Oh, I thought it was going to be a highlight of your regular season domination and post season hibernation.

Syntax Error
February 9th, 2008, 12:42 AM
Make a pot of coffee or a pitcher of margaritas. It's 41 minutes long. Coach Hauck examines each of 33 recruits.

2008 Griz Recruit Video 41 Minutes (http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2008_2009/Football/Multimedia/2008_Signing/signingday08.wmv)Nice job by the Griz staff and Coach. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

SeattleGriz
February 9th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Oh, I thought it was going to be a highlight of your regular season domination and post season hibernation.

Got three words for your azz junior, "HOT HOT HOT". :D

APPALACHIANstate
February 9th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Got three words for your azz junior, "HOT HOT HOT". :D

funny...three words....

What else comes in threes?

besides my teeth of course...

Syntax Error
February 9th, 2008, 12:49 AM
c'mon guys, this is not the smack board.............

Ronbo
February 9th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Nice job by the Griz staff and Coach. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

They did do an exceptional job this year. The in house video editing guys are getting good. I would assume they get students from the TV Journalism Department. Great job gentlemen.xnodx

APPALACHIANstate
February 9th, 2008, 12:56 AM
You are right, no more smack.

I did watch some of the video.

McNeese_beat
February 9th, 2008, 11:04 AM

2008 Griz Recruit Video 41 Minutes (http://streamingmedia.montanagrizzlies.com/umgriz/2008_2009/Football/Multimedia/2008_Signing/signingday08.wmv)

Looks fantastic! If I ever have 41 minutes of free time I'll watch the entire thing.
xbowx
My question is what were the logistics of getting this done? Is it done by the football staff's film guy? By somebody connected to the SID department? A third party?

Also, the highlights come from where? Is it a video service that you use to collect scouting tape or is it from the kids themselves? If it's from a service, did you have to jump through hoops to get to use that tape publicly?

Curious minds want to know. :)

Ronbo
February 9th, 2008, 11:12 AM
On the Football website I believe there is a request that the prospective recruit send film if they are interested in coming here. And I would assume when the Griz Coache's get interested in a kid they request film before they schedule a visit to see him. Most of the clips would probably come from the HS Coaches.

SeattleGriz
February 10th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Awesome video.

Too bad it will be lost upon those that don't care to put the effort forward to produce a quality video.

Ronbo
February 10th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I would like to see the day when every school puts out video of their recruiting classes and let's everyone actually see the kids in action. How can you rank a class if no one sees the kids play??? As it goes right now everybody seems to rely on recruiting services opinions to judge a schools class. For God's sake Rivals doesn't even have a Northwest recruiting analyst that actually goes to games and looks at kids. We get most of our kids from there and Rivals doesn't even have a guy there. Scout does have a guy there so it makes more sense for Montana folks to trust them more. Chris Fetters of Scout actually goes to games and sees the kids.

patssle
February 10th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Awesome video.

Too bad it will be lost upon those that don't care to put the effort forward to produce a quality video.

Hardly any schools at our level produce quality videos in-house. Very few even contract out. Its hard to find a single person (thats all our level can afford) that knows how to do it all...edit, shoot, light, graphics, etc.

And you would be amazed at the lack of quality videos from FBS too.

Lionsrking
February 10th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hardly any schools at our level produce quality videos in-house. Very few even contract out. Its hard to find a single person (thats all our level can afford) that knows how to do it all...edit, shoot, light, graphics, etc.

And you would be amazed at the lack of quality videos from FBS too.

We have a nice recruiting video but I'm not smart enough to transfer it from DVD to the internet. I tried downloading to Youtube but it says the file is too big. I'm sure there's a way, I'm just clueless when it comes to that stuff...and other stuff too!!

As for video quality, you're at the mercy of the raw footage going in. I helped put ours together, and after sifting through 40 hours of game tape, it's obvious how some kids fall through the cracks. Some video is literally unwatchable and makes it extremely hard to evaluate.