PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington schedule released---App fans read!

nwFL Griz
February 8th, 2008, 07:56 AM
EWU releases schedule (http://goeags.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020708aaa.html)

They open at Texas Tech, which should please all App St fans hoping for that LSU game as this may clinch it for them.

slostang
February 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
EWU releases schedule (http://goeags.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020708aaa.html)

They open at Texas Tech, which should please all App St fans hoping for that LSU game as this may clinch it for them.

Tough game to open with for a new coach. Texas Tech does not take their foot off the gas and they have a very high octane offense. They better hope to win the Big Sky Conference if they want to go to the playoffs with two FBS teams and a DII team as their OOC games.

bodoyle
February 8th, 2008, 08:38 AM

For the uninformed (me) please explain how this helps appy get lsu?

Appinator
February 8th, 2008, 08:43 AM
For the uninformed (me) please explain how this helps appy get lsu?

TT supposedly was the game that LSU was wanting (BCS Conference School) but we were the back-up plan. So things are looking brighter.

By the way, mind my sig

andy7171
February 8th, 2008, 09:01 AM
TT supposedly was the game that LSU was wanting (BCS Conference School) but we were the back-up plan. So things are looking brighter.

By the way, mind my sig

Lighten up Appy.

bodoyle
February 8th, 2008, 09:07 AM
By the way, mind my sig

BRING IT!!!! xnodx xnodx xnodx

mlbowl
February 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Lighten up Appy.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

APPSTER
February 8th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Tough game to open with for a new coach. Texas Tech does not take their foot off the gas and they have a very high octane offense. They better hope to win the Big Sky Conference if they want to go to the playoffs with two FBS teams and a DII team as their OOC games.

This is a great game for EWU. As long as EWU has 7 D-1 wins come playoff time, they're in. Nichols is a stud and they return most of their starters....hands down favorite to win the Big Sky.

neersnbeers
February 8th, 2008, 10:25 AM
This is a great game for EWU. As long as EWU has 7 D-1 wins come playoff time, they're in. Nichols is a stud and they return most of their starters....hands down favorite to win the Big Sky.

Those fellas (EWU) are pretty tough team. If they could get those wins and poss. pull off a FBS upset, playoffs would be solid stake for them. If this pulls us (APP) closer to Baton Rouge, looks like I might need to bust out the ole amex!

Appinator
February 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I'll Steve Austin all of you into the nearest folding tablexsmashx :D

bodoyle
February 8th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I'll Steve Austin all of you into the nearest folding tablexsmashx :D

xliarx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx :p

Appinator
February 8th, 2008, 10:39 AM
xliarx xblahblahx xblahblahx xblahblahx :p

I'll relax, afterall, my 'neers have laready taken care of the beat-down which is deserved.xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

already123
February 8th, 2008, 11:42 AM
as good as eastern is supposed to be this upcoming year, they had better hope to go undefeated in conference play to get a bid. Unfortunately they might schedule themselves out of the playoffs. Good luck

patssle
February 8th, 2008, 11:50 AM

Great game? You're not talking about the Tech game are you? Because they are going to get murdered by Tech. Every FCS school does.

EdubAlum
February 9th, 2008, 09:18 AM
bad move in my opinion, but i guess we gotta pay for that new press box some how.

appfan2008
February 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM
good luck slowing down there passing attack

kalm
February 9th, 2008, 04:49 PM
bad move in my opinion, but i guess we gotta pay for that new press box some how.

Yeah, the press box that is 5 years old?

I heard Davis backed out of our game on 9/13 opening the door for this to happen. We need the money, it's just too bad this has to happen with all the talent coming back on both sides of the ball. It also hurts that the FBS games are back to back to open the season.

Still, the Cats beat Colorado two years ago.

I heard that TT has a receiver good enough to crack our starting lineup if he played in Cheney.xthumbsupx

Should be fun to watch.

OB55
February 9th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Nice schedule. Much different than '07, wouldn't you say?

Good luck, and congratulations for stepping up to the plate.

kalm
February 9th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Nice schedule. Much different than '07, wouldn't you say?

Good luck, and congratulations for stepping up to the plate.

Not really, essentially we just swapped Davis for TT. I'd much rather have last year's schedule with this year's team.

OB55
February 9th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Not really, essentially we just swapped Davis for TT. I'd much rather have last year's schedule with this year's team.

Didn't you have Montana Western last year?

Zoo
February 9th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Great game? You're not talking about the Tech game are you? Because they are going to get murdered by Tech. Every FCS school does.

xlolx Don't forget they love running up the score. xlolx

kalm
February 9th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Didn't you have Montana Western last year?

Yeah, but how much of an upgrade is Western Washington?

GOKATS
February 9th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Tough schedule, especially playing 11 games in a 12 game year. Two very possible DI OOC losses and a non counter in the first few weeks of the season.

EWU has a ton of talent coming back and could be the front runner to win the BSC, but with a new coach it's doubtful they'll win 7 of 8 conference wins. I'm guessing that with the optional 12 game season it'll take at the very minimum 7 DI wins, more likely 8 to make the playoffs.

mvemjsunpx
February 9th, 2008, 10:10 PM
This is a terrible, suicidal schedule for a playoff hopeful.

EWU now essentially has to go 7-1 in conference just to be at-large eligible; that would likely win the auto-bid anyway. I guess they need the money for facility upgrades, but is strongly risking the loss of fan momentum from not making the playoffs worth it?

OB55
February 11th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Yeah, but how much of an upgrade is Western Washington?

Quite a bit.

NAIA ball is glorified high school overtime, and you must pay to play.

63 scholarships versus 8? That is a bunch of difference. Many D-IIs have 36, WWU probably has that or close to it.