PDA

View Full Version : McNeese State will take direct Hit! Pray!

McNeeserocket
September 23rd, 2005, 02:06 PM
It appears Lake Charles, LA will take a direct hit from hurricane Rita. Most of Lake Charles residents are evacuated, including me. I am in Shreveport, LA at my brother's apt. where we hope to stay high and dry.

I guess McNeese's new scoreboard will be blown away, along with a whole lot more of McNeese. Pray for all of Louisiana, including New Orleans where the levees have broken again.

Hope everyone (other than us in this area) have a great football weekend.

Chi Panther
September 23rd, 2005, 02:10 PM
In my thoughts and prayers Sister.

Stay safe!

McNeeserocket
September 23rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
In my thoughts and prayers brother.

Stay safe!

Thank you so much! By the way I am a sister!

Ivytalk
September 23rd, 2005, 02:15 PM
Good luck, and hang in there!

grizband
September 23rd, 2005, 02:33 PM
My prayers are with and everyone in LA. Stay strong!

henfan
September 23rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
All the best to everyone down in LC. God bless. Be safe.

CollegeSportsInfo
September 23rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
Zeus is merciful.

ISUMatt
September 23rd, 2005, 04:21 PM
Good Luck guys, we are all hoping for the best!!!

FightinBluHen51
September 23rd, 2005, 07:55 PM
Good Luck guys, we are all hoping for the best!!!
Anyone heard from buck? I get to thinkin about yall down there in St. Charles. I know you'll pull through...I've got too many of ya to meet one of these days.

JALMOND
September 23rd, 2005, 09:16 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the McNeese family. Hard to believe that this point last year, we had a sizeable group from your school here for the football game. I do remember seeing the people and I wish you all the best (if that is possible).

Jaxhen
September 23rd, 2005, 09:22 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless and be safe.

Bisonforlife
September 23rd, 2005, 09:55 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you in the path of Rita.

McNeeserocket
September 23rd, 2005, 10:15 PM
Anyone heard from buck? I get to thinkin about yall down there in St. Charles. I know you'll pull through...I've got too many of ya to meet one of these days.

I believe Buck is from somewhere between Orange TX and Beaumont TX. He is probably gone up North with his family (and extended family).

FightinBluHen51
September 23rd, 2005, 10:22 PM
I believe Buck is from somewhere between Orange TX and Beaumont TX. He is probably gone up North with his family (and extended family).

Good...

McNeeserocket
September 23rd, 2005, 10:44 PM
Good...

Actually, I was wrong. I just visited the Geauxcowboys delphi message board and found out Buck is riding out the storm in Lake Charles. I believe that the traveling times reported made him decide to stay with his elderly mother in Lake Charles. Lets pray he and his family stay safe!

mainejeff
September 23rd, 2005, 10:48 PM
Good luck to all those in Lake Charles and the surrounding area. I am very sad to see an area that I've actually visited take a direct hit from Rita. :( . I drove from Houston to Lake Charles, so I can at least visualize the whole area that will take the worst of it. My thoughts are with you all.......

McNeeserocket
September 23rd, 2005, 10:50 PM
Good...

Actually, I was wrong. I just visited the Geauxcowboys delphi message board and found out Buck is riding out the storm in Lake Charles. I believe that the traveling times reported made him decide to stay with his elderly mother in Lake Charles. Lets pray he and his family stay safe!

McNeeserocket
September 23rd, 2005, 10:54 PM
Good luck to all those in Lake Charles and the surrounding area. I am very sad to see an area that I've actually visited take a direct hit from Rita. :( . I drove from Houston to Lake Charles, so I can at least visualize the whole area that will take the worst of it. My thoughts are with you all.......

Reports from CNN say Lake Charles is already taking a pounding and the storm surge may be terrible! I hope I have a home to go back to. I had to leave my pets and mother's pets at my house. I can't even think about losing them. :(

blukeys
September 23rd, 2005, 11:18 PM
Reports from CNN say Lake Charles is already taking a pounding and the storm surge may be terrible! I hope I have a home to go back to. I had to leave my pets and mother's pets at my house. I can't even think about losing them. :(

I am glad you are safe and my prayers are with you, 72, Buckp, and all of our McNeese friends. I know I too would be worried about pets but have some faith Rocket. Our animal friends have more resources then we give them credit for. :)

McNeese72
September 24th, 2005, 05:23 AM
I am glad you are safe and my prayers are with you, 72, Buckp, and all of our McNeese friends. I know I too would be worried about pets but have some faith Rocket. Our animal friends have more resources then we give them credit for. :)

I and my group are in Pine Bluff, Ark. It took about 20 hours to get here Fri-Sat. We had a caravan of 8 vehicles. We stopped a couple of times and caught some sleep in vehicles in some parking lots. Getting gas was a pain. Took a couple of hours waiting in line in Many, La. for all of us to fill up.

But we have made it and have been sitting around watching the hurricane coverage on TV worring about what we will find when we get back.

Buck is in Lake Charles with his mother, The McNeese Cookielady. He decided not leave because she would have not been able to tolerate such a trip as we had. Also, his late dad was a ironworker and built steel and metal buidings. His mother's house was constructed with large still beams, concrete, and brick. As of very early this morning, he left a message that he was still there and doing well. The only big tree they were worried about fell away from the house into the street taking the power lines with it. I'm going to try to call his cell phone about 8AM this morning. I talked to him a couple of times yesterday.

Later,
Doc

Pantherpower
September 24th, 2005, 07:07 AM
I have always thought highly of McNeese State and the fine people associated with the Cowboys. Like others here my thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep the faith! Geaux Cowboys!!

Sam Adams
September 24th, 2005, 08:11 AM
I hope all is on the upswing in beautiful Lake Charles and that our brothers & sisters at McNeese State are all safe and sound.

FightinBluHen51
September 24th, 2005, 08:53 AM

Definately all yall down there I'm thinkin' about. Hope yall come through it ok, let us know the minute you hear something!

62GRIZ
September 24th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Your GRIZ family of friends wish the best to McNeese and Lake Charles. Our thoughts have been with you throughout this ordeal. We hope to see y'all again when things are back to normal.

elkmcc
September 24th, 2005, 10:32 AM
This Missoula Griz family has its thoughts and prayers for our old friends, Richard in Beaumont and Chris in Lake Charles, as well as all of our McCowboy friends. May God speed. Let us know as soon as you can that you are all well and safe. Go McCowboys!

McTailGator
September 24th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I and my group are in Pine Bluff, Ark. It took about 20 hours to get here Fri-Sat. We had a caravan of 8 vehicles. We stopped a couple of times and caught some sleep in vehicles in some parking lots. Getting gas was a pain. Took a couple of hours waiting in line in Many, La. for all of us to fill up.

But we have made it and have been sitting around watching the hurricane coverage on TV worring about what we will find when we get back.

Buck is in Lake Charles with his mother, The McNeese Cookielady. He decided not leave because she would have not been able to tolerate such a trip as we had. Also, his late dad was a ironworker and built steel and metal buidings. His mother's house was constructed with large still beams, concrete, and brick. As of very early this morning, he left a message that he was still there and doing well. The only big tree they were worried about fell away from the house into the street taking the power lines with it. I'm going to try to call his cell phone about 8AM this morning. I talked to him a couple of times yesterday.

Later,
Doc

Hey Doc,

I'm in Tulsa. Any word on how Sulphur came out?