PDA

View Full Version : Rizzi article

Cobblestone
February 7th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Pretty damn good for a guy who got a late start recruiting.

http://www.projo.com/uri/content/sp_fbc_signing07a_02-07-08_CQ8TV0T_v6.fb915.html

Monarch History
February 7th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Sounds like Rizzi is already starting to turn the program around in such a short period of time.:)

Seawolf97
February 7th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Its good to see the winds of change up in Rhode Island.

JoltinJoe
February 8th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Rizzi was a great choice for URI. Because he's a URI graduate and former player, he has an infectious positive attitude about the Rams that looks like it is catching on.

For a guy who got a late start, he pulled in a great yield in his first go round.

Rams v. Rams 1st weekend of the season in the Bronx. Looking forward to seeing it.

Brad82
February 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM
surprised he did not pull anyone out of Florida and only two out of Rhody?
Glad to see a lot of Conn,Mass. and NJ guys. Going back to Floyd Keith days,Penn. recruits have been so-so.

Cobblestone
February 8th, 2008, 07:46 AM
surprised he did not pull anyone out of Florida and only two out of Rhody?
Glad to see a lot of Conn,Mass. and NJ guys. Going back to Floyd Keith days,Penn. recruits have been so-so.

Keith was a good recruiter but horrible coach.

I'd have liked to see some FL guys as well. Only two RIers is fine with me.

dgreco
February 8th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Keith was a good recruiter but horrible coach.

I'd have liked to see some FL guys as well. Only two RIers is fine with me.

I agree completely. I was a little confused when Bryant took 3 La Salle kids. Granted the are O/DLine but still, RI skill players are not at the tier of a PA/FL or other states.

Cobblestone
February 8th, 2008, 09:01 AM
I agree completely. I was a little confused when Bryant took 3 La Salle kids. Granted the are O/DLine but still, RI skill players are not at the tier of a PA/FL or other states.

You might do OK with La Salle or Hendricken players. They tend to usually be a step or two above the R.I. public school players. Lorenzo Perry worked out pretty well for you guys didn't he? Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he from La Salle?

Overall I think you guys did OK with your recruits. Good job by Marty Fine and staff.

dgreco
February 8th, 2008, 09:04 AM
You might do OK with La Salle or Hendricken players. They tend to usually be a step or two above the R.I. public school players. Lorenzo Perry worked out pretty well for you guys didn't he? Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he from La Salle?

Overall I think you guys did OK with your recruits. Good job by Marty Fine and staff.

he did very well, he did go to lasalle but was a UMass transfer and he couldn't break out in the CAA. In a top league besides the few elites and Perry is on that border it is tough to find great kids.