PDA

View Full Version : Have you voted for Sam Minuteman yet?

bkrownd
September 23rd, 2005, 12:35 AM
Sam the Minuteman's lead is in jeopardy over on the CapitalOne Bowel Mascot Challenge. Naturally, this is because he has been pitted against the ultimate mascot of our age - Herbie Husker! Now the Holy Trinity in my ancestral homeland might be The Bobfather, The Osborne, and the Holy Herbie Husker, but I think I have to pull for my former neighbor from Amherst, Sam, this time. Perhaps it is my disenchantment with this West Coast Offense thing, or perhaps it's because the latest edition of Herbie's foam head just isn't as stunningly handsome as the old one. Anyway, Sam needs your help. Go to the ESPN college football page and follow the mascot challenge linky to vote. (Requires Java or Flash or some other evil peice of klunky overblown website software to vote, but what can ya do?)

saint0917
September 23rd, 2005, 06:47 AM
Sam the Minuteman's lead is in jeopardy over on the CapitalOne Bowel Mascot Challenge. Naturally, this is because he has been pitted against the ultimate mascot of our age - Herbie Husker! Now the Holy Trinity in my ancestral homeland might be The Bobfather, The Osborne, and the Holy Herbie Husker, but I think I have to pull for my former neighbor from Amherst, Sam, this time. Perhaps it is my disenchantment with this West Coast Offense thing, or perhaps it's because the latest edition of Herbie's foam head just isn't as stunningly handsome as the old one. Anyway, Sam needs your help. Go to the ESPN college football page and follow the mascot challenge linky to vote. (Requires Java or Flash or some other evil peice of klunky overblown website software to vote, but what can ya do?)

I voted this morning, as of right now Sam is up by 2354 votes. He's winning over Herbie Husker from Univ. of Nebraska. All 12 mascots will be at this Saturdays game against URI.

Vote For Sam (http://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/capitalone/thanks)

Sam Adams
September 23rd, 2005, 06:54 AM
Come on 1AA Brothers & Sisters !!! Sam the Minuteman is kicking some butt against those 1A hot shots - please vote to help send a message to everybody who thinks there is no such thing as 1AA football.

JMU Duke Dog
September 23rd, 2005, 05:11 PM
Duke Dog went 11-0 in the voting against all of the opposing mascots last year. Duke Dog's favorite week was beating VT's Hokie Bird. JMU represented I-AA well on the mascot level but will probably never be allowed to participate again as lots of students sent hate e-mail to Capital One after Monte won the overall competition due to Monte placing higher enough than Duke Dog in the judges' portion to put him ahead in the overall standings.

MR. CHICKEN
September 23rd, 2005, 05:17 PM
AH VOTED FO' DUH PILGRIM MASCOT.....HOWEVERAH...AH HAD VISIONS O' YOU-DEE....DANCIN' IN MAH NOODLE!........GO UMA$$ SAM!....:rotateh:......BRAWK!

umassfan
September 23rd, 2005, 05:52 PM
Sam has the second highest votes for the week but is still losing by 2000 votes... this is crazy

blackfordpu
September 23rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
I tried to vote but it said I have to come back tomorrow. There is a curfew for voting? LAME! :)

umassfan
September 26th, 2005, 07:42 AM
It was a strange week for voting... we have more votes this week then we had in our first two weeks total and we are still losing by 5000 votes... :confused:

Grande Rosso
September 26th, 2005, 08:27 AM
http://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/capitalone/index

saint0917
September 26th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Sam is going against the Auburn mascot this week "Aubie" help Sam get one win :(

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 08:32 AM
I did my I-AA duty. :bow: :)

umassfan
September 26th, 2005, 08:40 AM
I did my I-AA duty. :bow: :)
Thanks... I just dont know how we will be either 2nd or 3rd in total votes but 0-3.

saint0917
September 28th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Sam is kicking some a$$, he is up by 8,155 votes, if you've voted for Sam Thanks for the help, if not you better or I'll come looking for you, and that could get ugly. ;) See how ugly I can get. :D http://www.scifi.dk/ugly/up-men-00289.jpg