PDA

View Full Version : URI Signees

Dawg2Rhody
February 6th, 2008, 02:44 PM
2008 Rhode Island Football Recruiting Class

Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School (Last School)
Kyle Bogumil TE 6-6 240 Mountain Top, Pa./Crestwood
Tyquan Bynum WR 6-2 195 Lancaster, Pa./Conestoga Valley (Milford Academy)
Devon Dace WR 5-10 180 St. Louis, Mo./Webster Groves (Salisbury School)
Kyle Elliot QB 6-3 215 Cresskill, N.J./Cresskill
Michael Farr OL 6-3 310 Cornwall on Hudson, N.J./Don Bosco Prep (Navy Prep)
Louis Feinstein K 5-10 185 Irvine, Calif./University High School
Jason Foster OL 6-4 270 East Pittsford, Vt./Mt. St. Joseph Academy (Bridgton Academy)
Matt Greenhalgh OL 6-2 275 Chepachet, R.I./Ponaganset
Michael Gross OL/DL 6-4 280 North Arlington, N.J./North Arlington
Brandon Johnson-Farrell WR 5-10 180 Odenton, Md./Arundel
John Kilpatrick DL/TE 6-4 260 Clarks Summit, Pa./Abington Heights
Matt Kolojejchick RB 5-10 180 Plymouth, Pa./Wyoming Valley West
Ryan Lawrence RB 5-9 185 Bloomfield, N.J./Bloomfield
Chenry Lewis DE/LB 6-1 230 Paterson, N.J./Paterson Catholic (Rutgers University)
Marc Lucarini QB 6-2 200 Laurel Springs, N.J./Camden Catholic
Joe Migliarese TE/WR 6-4 215 Blue Bell, Pa./La Salle College
Phil Morman FB/LB 6-2 220 Cresskill, N.J./Cresskill
Josh Previte DT 6-1 290 Brockton, Mass./Brockton
Matt Rae DT 6-4 240 York, Pa./Dallastown Area
Matt Sheard LB 6-2 230 Mt. Laurel, N.J./Camden Catholic
James Taylor LB 6-2 220 Westwood, N.J./Westwood
Robert Walker S 6-2 205 New Haven, Conn./Hyde Leadership School (Chesire Academy)
Ronald Woodley CB 6-0 185 East Providence, R.I./East Providence

http://gorhody.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020608aae.html

yorkcountyUNHfan
February 6th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Wow 24??!!

Did they have a bunch if kids leave the team early or did they have that many seniors last year?

401ks
February 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
2008 Rhode Island Football Recruiting Class

Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Hometown/High School (Last School)
Kyle Bogumil TE 6-6 240 Mountain Top, Pa./Crestwood
Tyquan Bynum WR 6-2 195 Lancaster, Pa./Conestoga Valley (Milford Academy)
Devon Dace WR 5-10 180 St. Louis, Mo./Webster Groves (Salisbury School)
Kyle Elliot QB 6-3 215 Cresskill, N.J./Cresskill
Michael Farr OL 6-3 310 Cornwall on Hudson, N.J./Don Bosco Prep (Navy Prep)
Louis Feinstein K 5-10 185 Irvine, Calif./University High School
Jason Foster OL 6-4 270 East Pittsford, Vt./Mt. St. Joseph Academy (Bridgton Academy)
Matt Greenhalgh OL 6-2 275 Chepachet, R.I./Ponaganset
Michael Gross OL/DL 6-4 280 North Arlington, N.J./North Arlington
Brandon Johnson-Farrell WR 5-10 180 Odenton, Md./Arundel
John Kilpatrick DL/TE 6-4 260 Clarks Summit, Pa./Abington Heights
Matt Kolojejchick RB 5-10 180 Plymouth, Pa./Wyoming Valley West
Ryan Lawrence RB 5-9 185 Bloomfield, N.J./Bloomfield
Chenry Lewis DE/LB 6-1 230 Paterson, N.J./Paterson Catholic (Rutgers University)
Marc Lucarini QB 6-2 200 Laurel Springs, N.J./Camden Catholic
Joe Migliarese TE/WR 6-4 215 Blue Bell, Pa./La Salle College
Phil Morman FB/LB 6-2 220 Cresskill, N.J./Cresskill
Josh Previte DT 6-1 290 Brockton, Mass./Brockton
Matt Rae DT 6-4 240 York, Pa./Dallastown Area
Matt Sheard LB 6-2 230 Mt. Laurel, N.J./Camden Catholic
James Taylor LB 6-2 220 Westwood, N.J./Westwood
Robert Walker S 6-2 205 New Haven, Conn./Hyde Leadership School (Chesire Academy)
Ronald Woodley CB 6-0 185 East Providence, R.I./East Providence

http://gorhody.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020608aae.html

Yeah, Louis!! xthumbsupx

Rhode Island snatched a great one.

Congratulations!!! :D

Brad82
February 6th, 2008, 03:35 PM
bdfan-how about the recruit from-Ponaganset? Any good in HS?
I believe they probably had about six kids leave after first semester freeing up some more room. Only two kids from Rhody and none from Florida in this new class.

Dawg2Rhody
February 6th, 2008, 03:58 PM
bdfan:

Woodley was offered by the old staff as was Previte and Greenhalgh. Rizzi appears to have made a good faith decision to honor those offers that had already committed.

dgreco
February 6th, 2008, 04:47 PM
pretty nice list for URI.

Ram Ball
February 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Marc Lurarini (http://rhodeisland.scout.com/a.z?s=444&p=9&c=2&cid=726198&nid=2897939&fhn=1&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2frhodeisland.scout.com%2f a.z%3fs%3d444%26p%3d9%26c%3d2%26cid%3d726198%26nid %3d2897939%26fhn%3d1)

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 6th, 2008, 06:16 PM
URI "mined" some good talent from NEPA but it'll be interesting to see how that talent translates in FCS ball. Kilpatrick played for my HS alma-mater and is a skilled player. However the level of competition is not very good especially for the larger schools. Abington Heights has had several kids go to FCS schools and none of them have made an impact. Maybe Kilpatrick will be different.

Cobblestone
February 6th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I don't know about the kid from Ponaganset, but Woodley, he was fast but thats it, he played DB, for East Prov. man he was awful, he could not cover for nothing, always getting burned, the old Guard up at URI must have been real desperate, maybe these new guys can work with him , I hope they can, or he's gonna be another typical URI DB, by the way Bryant grabbed a couple of lineman from LaSalle, I called that last year when Bryant went D1. So far only one D1A transfer for Rhody, I think UMASS grabbed 2 more from BC.xconfusedx

Generally R.I. high school football is not of high caliber. I think that was one of the biggest problems with Stowers, he wanted a ton of R.I.ers on his roster.

Overall I think this is an impressive list and one of the biggest I've seen ever at URI. It looks like Rizzi is one helluva recruiter. Time will tell for sure though. But I do like the direction we are heading in.

Brad82
February 7th, 2008, 06:00 AM
on the 84-85 championship teams a 1/3rd of the team was from RI?

UNH SUPERFAN
February 7th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I watched Jason Foster play in Vt-NH game last year as a DE, he was very impressive. I wished that he got in to UNH.

Cobblestone
February 7th, 2008, 08:22 AM
on the 84-85 championship teams a 1/3rd of the team was from RI?

Plenty of R.I.ers on Stowers team last year as well. 1984-1985 we weren't playing the VA schools we play now.

Brad82
February 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Cobble-come on!
We beat Richmond in the playoffs in 1984!
The other Va. teams didn't qualify for the playoffs either year because they were not as good as Rhody.

Cobblestone
February 7th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Brad, thank you for reminding me about the Richmond '84 game but, I don't need revisionist history of URI football; been there done that. If the CAA had existed back in those days instead of the Yankee Conference it is conceivable that we would not have even made the playoffs in 84 or 85. How many times have we been to the playoffs since we started playing the VA schools on a consistent basis in the A-10 and now CAA? Answer = none.

How many R.I. high school teams would you put against teams from states like Oklahoma or Alabama? I mention only these two states because they are two states I have seen H.S. football in. You're in FL, would you put a R.I. team against one of the teams in your state and expect that R.I. team to win? I don't think I'd even put R.I. high school football teams against PA or NJ teams.

I'm not knocking R.I. high school football (I played as well) but with a few exceptions here and there, R.I. does not generally produce a good crop of players. I'm sorry but R.I. is just not considered a hotbed for H.S. football. This state is known more for the hockey players it produces.

Bottom line, if these two kids that Rizzi recruited from the Ocean state turn out to be the exception rather than the rule then I will gladly come on this board and admit to being wrong. Since I am a negative person by nature, I usually love being wrong.

yorkcountyUNHfan
February 7th, 2008, 10:04 AM
With a program like URI (you can add Maine and UNH to this) it's very important to keep the few instate kids that are of D1 caliber in the program.

You have to go out and the NJ, PA ect kids as well, but if you've got 1, 2 or maybe 3 kids a year that have a shot at playing you've got to try to go get them.

They'll put buts in the seats as well as up the intrest in the program in those towns. Get those people in once and hope they like what they see and keep coming long after their hometown boy is gone.

Cobblestone
February 7th, 2008, 10:36 AM
With a program like URI (you can add Maine and UNH to this) it's very important to keep the few instate kids that are of D1 caliber in the program.

You have to go out and the NJ, PA ect kids as well, but if you've got 1, 2 or maybe 3 kids a year that have a shot at playing you've got to try to go get them.

They'll put buts in the seats as well as up the intrest in the program in those towns. Get those people in once and hope they like what they see and keep coming long after their hometown boy is gone.

I won't argue with that. Having a few in-state kids is good for symbology purposes if nothing else. We've had a few good ones. About 10 years ago we had a kid from Middletown, RI named Lance Small who was one helluva player. There have been a few good ones.

The problem is when we do get an exceptional high school player here in R.I. they almost always end up at BC. Jeff Ryan, Jamie Silva, Mike Cloud just to name a few.

yorkcountyUNHfan
February 7th, 2008, 10:40 AM
If you lose them to a BC or Rutgers ect it's not as bad as to UMass or another CAA/FCS school.

Cobblestone
February 7th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Will Blackmon.

Another example.

Dawg2Rhody
February 7th, 2008, 02:43 PM
I thought freshman LB Dan O'Connell was one of the best players on the defense last year. Especially in the UMASS game. He is from RI

Brad82
February 7th, 2008, 03:50 PM
In 1984 BU beat William and Mary 27-6. The VA. schools were good back then also,just not as good as the NE schools.
The membership for demand in the old Yankee conference was same as CAA-as Tubby Raymond said "it is the best conference in the country" (prior to joining). Rhody has always played a tough schedule,never an issue when they are winning.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 7th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Here's some info on Kilpatrick from the local Scranton newspaper.

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19271376&BRD=2185&PAG=461&dept_id=416049&rfi=8