PDA

View Full Version : MSU coach downplays NDSU

Ronbo
September 22nd, 2005, 11:33 PM
On the KPAX news tonight.

He thinks they are over hyped.

"Let's face it they sure aren't the second coming of the Green Bay Packers. We play this weekend on our field in front of our fans and we expect to play good."

Dallas Demon
September 22nd, 2005, 11:54 PM

"Let's face it they sure aren't the second coming of the Green Bay Packers. We play this weekend on our field in front of our fans and we expect to play good."

A lot of nerve for someone who's team just got blown out last weekend. :confused:

FlyBoy8
September 22nd, 2005, 11:59 PM
I fail to see anything wrong with that quote. He said he expects his team to play well in front of the home crowd.

Dallas Demon
September 23rd, 2005, 12:02 AM
Did you not read the first sentence???? It might be a true statement, but you certainly don't say that about the opposing team.

Tod
September 23rd, 2005, 12:02 AM
I fail to see anything wrong with that quote. He said he expects his team to play well in front of the home crowd.

I agree, FlyBoy8. There are a lot of reasons to make a statement like that, starting with the fact that it's true. They're a damn good team, I voted them higher than the Griz this week, as many did, but they certainly aren't unbeatable, and perhaps the coach is sick and tired of hearing hype and hoopla about a team that's not his. Let him have his say, he's not being disrespectful.

FlyBoy8
September 23rd, 2005, 12:06 AM
It might be a true statement, but you certainly don't say that...

Why not?

I guarantee the coach was asked something to the effect of - "How do you think your team will do against the undefeated Bison, who are ranked higher and just beat Northwestern St. pretty bad?"

He said, hey, they aren't the Packers. We can beat them if we play well, and we think we'll play well at home.

I don't see a problem.

AZGrizFan
September 23rd, 2005, 12:53 AM

NDSU was already going to beat MSU. Now they've got some added incentive. Not a wise move to give them bulletin board material at this point. Go Bison!

Hansel
September 23rd, 2005, 08:22 AM
should be a sellout

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050923/SPORTS/509230334/1006

NorthDakotaBison
September 23rd, 2005, 08:37 AM
Kramer's got a sense of humor, unfortunately this is often lost in print.

Tailbone
September 23rd, 2005, 09:54 AM
I saw the interview on TV.
Kramer wasn't smiling.

NorthDakotaBison
September 23rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
it's still comedy.

NDSU sure ain't the Packers.

putter
September 23rd, 2005, 09:59 AM
What is he supposed to say? There was no disrespect at all. Would it have been better if he said, "They blew out Weber and we lost last week so we may as well just give them the "W" and go home!"

catbob
September 23rd, 2005, 10:43 AM
It isn't disrespectful but if an opposing coach said that about the team I was playing on, I sure might play just a bit harder. :)

That quote is probably a combination of still being fluttered by the CP debacle, and the fact not many people outside MSU are giving us a chance. Or maybe he has read the message boards at bobcatnation and realizes another lackluster season and people will start calling for his head. :)

WestRiverBison
September 23rd, 2005, 12:02 PM
I find no offense at all in his quote. He's been very respectful and supportive of NDSU since our initial move to IAA.