PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Class of 08

spelunker64
February 6th, 2008, 02:28 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1383765

North Dakota State Football Signs 17 Student-Athletes to National Letters of Intent
Courtesy: NDSU Athletic Media Relations
Release: 02/06/2008

North Dakota State University head football coach Craig Bohl announced the signing of 16 high school athletes and a junior college transfer to National Letters of Intent to play football and continue their education at NDSU.

North Dakota State University head football coach CRAIG BOHL announced the signing of 16 high school athletes and a junior college transfer to National Letters of Intent to play football and continue their education at NDSU.

spelunker64
February 6th, 2008, 02:37 PM
HAKEEM BOURNE-McFARLANE WR 6-1 205 Bloomington, Minn. Kennedy H.S.
PRESTON EVANS LB 5-11 220 Sioux Falls, S.D. Roosevelt H.S.
RICKY HAGEN DE 6-3 230 Colfax, Wis. Colfax H.S.
JOSH HORNER RB 5-9 185 Fargo, N.D. South H.S.
KEVIN JACKSON SS 6-0 185 Grand Rapids, Mich. East Kentwood H.S.
ISAAC KOLSTAD SS 6-1 215 Mankato, Minn. East H.S.
CARLIN LANDINGHAM OL 6-3 295 Muskegon, Mich. Muskegon H.S.
JOE LUND OL 6-2 295 Bloomington, Minn. Kennedy H.S.
J.J. MANOWSKE OL 6-3 290 Fond du Lac, Wis. St. Mary’s Springs H.S.
BOBBY MILLER CB 5-10 180 Muskegon, Mich. Muskegon H.S.
JOSE MOHLER QB 6-0 175 Cardiff, Calif. La Costa Canyon H.S.
JASON OBARSKI P/K 5-11 215 Burnsville, Minn. Apple Valley H.S.
DANNY OFFERMAN DT 6-3 270 Arden Hills, Minn. Roseville H.S.
JORDAN OSBORNE FS 6-0 185 Spring, Texas The Woodlands H.S.
GREG REID JR. LB 6-2 240 Milwaukee, Wis. Rufus King H.S.
AUSTIN VETTER TE 6-3 215 Minot, N.D. Bishop Ryan H.S.

JUNIOR COLLEGE
YUEN TAUFETEE Jr. DT 6-0 280 Pago Pago, American Somoa Butte-Glenn C.C./Na'uuli Poly Tech H.S.

PREFERRED WALK-ONS
TY BECKIUS OL 6-3 310 Mahnomen, Minn. Mahnomen H.S.
REED DUCHSCHER WR 6-2 205 Rugby, N.D. Rugby H.S.
LUKE POPPEL LB 6-1 220 Breckenridge, Minn. Breckenridge H.S.
ZACH WENTZ QB 6-2 205 Bismarck, N.D. Century H.S.

Thunderstruck84
February 7th, 2008, 01:45 PM
The Michigan kids sound like they could all be really good, Jackson's and Miller's speed will be a welcome addition to the defensive backfield, I think speed at the safety position has been one of NDSU's biggest weaknesses against the pass. Considering both guys ran the 100m in under 11 seconds as HS juniors they should seriously upgrade the speed of the secondary (in a year or three).

Prestons Evans could become a Joe Mays clone if he bulks up. I'm still wondering why SDSU didn't offer, they must already be set at LB.

Bohl and his staff are really high on Bourne-McFarlane, he commited to NDSU before his senior season so he could turn out to be a big-time get and a playmaker at WR.

And how about the size of those LBs from Wisconsin! Hagen is 6'3" 230 and Reid is 6'2" 240, after a couple years of weight training they're either going to be pro-sized LBs or some fast DEs.

JBB
February 7th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Coach Bohl likes this class saying it is the most athletic he has recruited at NDSU.

We also picked up a new WR coach from University of Nebraska Omaha:

Terrence Samuel LINK (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1384465)

NashMoc
February 8th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Coach Bohl likes this class saying it is the most athletic he has recruited at NDSU.

Terrence Samuel LINK (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1384465)

Still waiting to hear a coach say that he hates his recruiting class. Something like...

"Well we just couldn't convince any good players to come play for us, so we are stuck with this bunch of jack a***s. I don't think they will win many games for us, but their ours." xlolx

Go Bison
February 8th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Still waiting to hear a coach say that he hates his recruiting class. Something like...

"Well we just couldn't convince any good players to come play for us, so we are stuck with this bunch of jack a***s. I don't think they will win many games for us, but their ours." xlolx

I waiting for fans on this site to say, my team didn't have a great recruiting class!

NashMoc
February 8th, 2008, 12:08 PM
I waiting for fans on this site to say, my team didn't have a great recruiting class!

My team signed 10 JUCOs, which I think is about 5-6 too many. That being said, I think this is absolutely terrific class. Look for UTC to make some noise next season!

JBB
February 8th, 2008, 12:39 PM

xthumbsupx Cant argue with you about that!

Check this out. This is the review of the NDSU recruiting class from a local beat reported (read expert on BISON football). Its the second blog down right now RECRUITING IN REVIEW (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/). Gives a good insight as to why the Coach said that.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
February 8th, 2008, 02:12 PM
The Michigan kids sound like they could all be really good...

Do ya think beating Central Michigan made their decisions any easier? Or do you always get a fair number of Michigan players?

spelunker64
February 8th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Do ya think beating Central Michigan made their decisions any easier? Or do you always get a fair number of Michigan players?

Both CM wins helped I think. Plus we're NDSU who wouldn't want to play here...xsmiley_wix

ncbears
February 8th, 2008, 05:00 PM

Of course he's going to say that. All coaches say something like that. xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

JBB
February 8th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Hey NC Bears. We want you guys back in Fargo. No smack till then! xbeerchugx

BisBison
February 9th, 2008, 09:01 AM

I'm pretty sure it helped, and no we haven't recruited in Mich before to my knowledge. I'm thinking the Goopher win may have helped as well. One of our assistants had some connections in Mich this year we haven't had before. New area for us.

BisBison
February 9th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Hey NC Bears. We want you guys back in Fargo. No smack till then! xbeerchugx

Speak for yourself. They need to upgrade their team before I want them back. No smack intended, but I'm sure taken.

Thundar
February 9th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty sure it helped, and no we haven't recruited in Mich before to my knowledge. I'm thinking the Goopher win may have helped as well. One of our assistants had some connections in Mich this year we haven't had before. New area for us.

I think I heard thaqt these were the first Michigan players at NDSU since the late 80's.

Thunderstruck84
February 11th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure these are the first Michigan recruits NDSU has had in quite some while if at all. There were rumors that all 3 were being pursued by MAC schools like CMU and WMU but I find that kind of hard to believe.

Miller and Landingham come from a football powerhouse too in Muskegon, they had a kid that was recruited by USC last year. Not a bad place to get your recruiting foot in the door.

I guess one of the deciding factors for Miller was that he could play for a title in the FCS and would've had no such chance in the FBS.