PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State Signing Day Class

ISUMatt
February 6th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Illinois State head football coach Denver Johnson announced the newest additions to the Redbird football team Wednesday, as he formally unveiled the 22-man recruiting class on National Signing Day at a public event at the Kaufman Football Building.

The 22 recruits join Illinois State's three mid-year signees to bring the total number of players in the 2008 recruiting class to 25. According to the star ratings, as designated by Rivals.com and Scout.com, Illinois State's signing class consists of a combined 38 stars, including three three-star recruits in Jayme Comer, Blake Gumm and Dekendrick Moncrief.

Time Name Pos. Hometown Video
6:50 Nick Broome DL Columbus, Ind.
7:05 Jayme Comer LB Brownsburg, Ind.
7:10 Pete Cary OL Cincinnati, Ohio
7:15 Brian Hehl OLB/DE Toledo, Ohio
7:33 Jon Ingerman OL Springfield, Ohio
8:11 Brannon Sanford OL Hickory, Ky.
8:12 Pat Wertz DL Orland Hills, Ill.
8:16 Mike Seefeld OL Cudahy, Wis.
8:33 Cory Christianson OL Apple Valley, Minn.
8:37 Michael Rhines DL Orange, Texas
8:56 Mario Bailey DL Kankakee, Ill.
8:57 Matt Brown QB Marion, Ill.
9:45 Alex Buck DB Bloomington, Ill.
9:45 Austin Davis DB Normal, Ill.
9:45 Billy Dickson OL Bloomington, Ill.
9:57 Blake Gumm DL Somerset, Ky.
10:02 Kane Keirnan H-Back Glen Ellyn, Ill.
10:17 Barima Akuoko RB Springfield, Ill.
10:50 Brett Werner-Powell H-Back Mequon, Wis.
11:20 Emanuel Davis WR Prattville, Ala.
11:20 Reggie Dozier DB Prattville, Ala.
11:20 Dekendrick Moncrief WR Prattville, Ala.

This could be the best class @ Illinois State...Blake Gumm is a beast of a DT, the 3 kids from Alabama are electric, 2 time defending state champs 52-2 in HS...The QB from Marion IL great size 6'4" 220#, ober 6,000 yards passing in HS...Guys in Bold are IMO GREAT GRABS for ISU

OSBF
February 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Most of these guys were being recruited/offered by FBS programs and picked ISU. Very impressive class on paper. I just hope DJ gets the time to see the fruits of his labor, these things take time to develop and we hear that he's on the clock again this year.

MSUBear42
February 6th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Very, very impessive class ISU!

Redbird Fan 21
February 6th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Rivals has ISU as the #121 recruiting class... not sure if I saw a FCS school higher.

App St. was listed at #122

ISUMatt
February 7th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Rivals has ISU as the #121 recruiting class... not sure if I saw a FCS school higher.

App St. was listed at #122

Eastern Washington was ranked higher

OSBF
February 7th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Everyone likes their class on paper. The game isn't played on paper. Rarely does a frosh step in at the DI level and have major impact, these things take time to develop and be properly evaluated. I like this class, alot. But I keep remembering that last year in pre season camp DJ kept telling us this was the going to be the best team he had ever put on the field in his time at ISU, and that worked out so well. I'm cautiously optimistic here, this should bode well for the future, time will tell.

ISUMatt
February 7th, 2008, 10:43 AM
how dare you rain on my parade!!xnonox xlolx

OSBF
February 7th, 2008, 10:45 AM
how dare you rain on my parade!!xnonox xlolx

This isn't like RBF, it's ok to be a realist instead of a punch drunk koolaid addict.

ISUMatt
February 7th, 2008, 10:53 AM
This isn't like RBF, it's ok to be a realist instead of a punch drunk koolaid addict.

OH YEA!!!!!!!! LOL thanks for the reminder xthumbsupx

OSBF
February 7th, 2008, 11:07 AM
OH YEA!!!!!!!! LOL thanks for the reminder xthumbsupx

Yeah, just remember, Levi is headed for the NBA, Sead will be the best player EVER, DIaa still exists, and FCS sucks.

ISUMatt
February 7th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, just remember, Levi is headed for the NBA, Sead will be the best player EVER, DIaa still exists, and FCS sucks.

You forget to mantion that Boo is going to at least the NBA, and Bobby Hill left an academically challenged student and will return with LaBron James like numbers...xlolx xlolx xlolx