PDA

View Full Version : TxSU/TAMU Game Thread

ISUMatt
September 22nd, 2005, 06:45 PM
The game is on DirecTV FSN Southwest Channel 643 at 730 CDT tonight

bigbluetiger
September 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
TnSU FAMU will be on Turner Sports South @ 3 est.

ISUMatt
September 22nd, 2005, 07:43 PM
Not a fan of the TSU unis...that mini stripe on the pants and no stripe down the jersey has got to go!!!

ISUMatt
September 22nd, 2005, 07:49 PM
3-0 TAMU 28 yd FG

ISUMatt
sorry Ralph didnt see u doing play by play

beerkat
now the whole IAA nation gets exposed to the weirdness and freakshow that is aggy football

AgentOrange
Aggies settle for a field goal right away.

TAMU 3-0

Ronbo
September 22nd, 2005, 08:06 PM
Coaches need to lay down the law on that rasta hair. Gets in their eyes. :D

ISUMatt
September 22nd, 2005, 08:08 PM
This TV announcer's voice is driving me nuts...
TD on a fake FG

A&M 10 TSU 0

ISUMatt
September 22nd, 2005, 08:31 PM
i have it on the small TV with the White Sox on the Big TV

ISUMatt
September 22nd, 2005, 08:37 PM
TD TSU!!!

13-7

BCisforBobcatTX
September 22nd, 2005, 08:49 PM
The way our boys are playing, it's still very much a ballgame. Hopefully Bailiff is just keeping them reminded of that fact.

EAT EM UP, CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 08:50 PM
12:25 2nd 20-7 A&M

I hope the paycheck was worth it because i have a feeling this one is gonna get ugly. I just don't see the benefit of playing games against 1-A teams of this caliber unless your school is that low on $$.

BCisforBobcatTX
September 22nd, 2005, 08:57 PM
20-14!!! I love how the A&M announcers keep saying "Texas State has come to play" What did they think we'd do? Roll over and die? Stupid Aggies :)

Ronbo
September 22nd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Nice looking QB for Texas State. Very poised.

BCisforBobcatTX
September 22nd, 2005, 08:59 PM
:D Our kickoff coverage isn't giving up anything. Really looking good.

ISUMatt
September 22nd, 2005, 08:59 PM
TSU lookin good!!! 20-14

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 09:03 PM
TSU lookin good!!! 20-14

Maybe i jumped the gun a little with my earlier comment, see how things pan out. The start even though TSU made some mistakes didn't seem too promising.

Since i can't watch, what's the crowd like? Kyle Field is on of the coolest and most intimidating places in college football. The first 20 minutes seemed like TSU was awe-struck by their mistakes.

BCisforBobcatTX
September 22nd, 2005, 09:05 PM
The crowd's not that good. Mostly just students there. The A&M ad released a statement asking fans not to go to the game to keep the roads clear for Rita evacuees. Probably about 40-50k there, still.]

Texas State ball at the A&M 31!!!!!

Ronbo
September 22nd, 2005, 09:05 PM
#60 should have gave that to a fast guy. It would have been a TD. :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 09:08 PM
The crowd's not that good. Mostly just students there. The A&M ad released a statement asking fans not to go to the game to keep the roads clear for Rita evacuees. Probably about 40-50k there, still.]

Texas State ball at the A&M 31!!!!!

I think that might have a lot to do with how Texas State is playing. The noise, intimidation factor isn't there like it would have been Saturday. I'd put Kyle Field up there with the "Swamp, LSU and Autzen as toughest places to play.

BCisforBobcatTX
September 22nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
I think I'm gonna head down to Nephew's(local bar) to watch the second half. This is just too good!! :D

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 09:16 PM
I have time warner cable, are they showing it?

BCisforBobcatTX
September 22nd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Field goal, 20-17 with about 4:15 to play.

You should get it if you get FSN and you live in Texas, blackfordpu. More than likely, you get FSN.

Ronbo
September 22nd, 2005, 09:19 PM
I have time warner cable, are they showing it?

Fox Sports Southwest. We're getting it in Montana. :D

Ronbo
September 22nd, 2005, 09:23 PM
State's defense seems to be wearing down.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 09:33 PM
Tx State's #2 is pretty impressive. Small but fast and nimble, he is tearing up the Aggies. Nealy is looking good as well.

I agree ralph, it was a routine hit at the legs so the guy kinda tumbled and they said "OH MY WHAT A HIT!" Give me a break.

The announcers are talking well about Tx St. Go bobcats, represent the SLC (that is probably the only time I will say that this season :) )

The crowd is real dissappointing at Kyle field. Susposed to be one of the loudest places in college football and sells out almost every game. What is up tonight? If Tx St wins the student body and alumni should be ashamed for taking a I-AA team lightly and not supporting their team.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 09:34 PM
hilarious announcers, TxST tackles the kickoff at the 12 and its ho-hum. A&M just tackles the kickoff guy at the 12 and its "that's how special teams should play!"
These announcers are annoying as can be. Talk about homers. It would be nice to see TV guys who actually prepare for games. I know this game is being played two days early, but give me a break. You take away a few mistakes and Texas State would be beating the crap out of the Aggies. Nealy has been as impressive as you would expect him to be.

txstatebobcat
September 22nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
These announcers are annoying as can be. Talk about homers. It would be nice to see TV guys who actually prepare for games. I know this game is being played two days early, but give me a break. You take away a few mistakes and Texas State would be beating the crap out of the Aggies. Nealy has been as impressive as you would expect him to be.

In a way I can't blame them. Everything was on such short notice that they are using the A&M's video board crew and radio announcers.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
A&M's offense is definetley not as explosive at Tech's, using short passes and runs. May be working against them, if they go right at Tx St with the long ball they will probably wear them down. Hey it is their mistake. Take'em down bobcats.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 09:55 PM
Nice diving catch on the fly route by that guy. :)

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 09:57 PM
In a way I can't blame them. Everything was on such short notice that they are using the A&M's video board crew and radio announcers.
Still that isn't an excuse to be a blabbering idiot. The play-by-play guy in particular is awful.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Is it me or did it look like the returner was talking smack back to the Aggies players? They are going to need that confidence and attitude, keep it up.

first down pass from Nealy to White.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 09:59 PM
Wow, that does not look like a crowd of 72000 people. Please ignore my previous post about the attendence. :rolleyes:

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:00 PM
Markee White is finally giving Nealy a go-to receiver. He has been as impressive as anyone on the field tonight.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:01 PM
Markee White is finally giving Nealy a go-to receiver. He has been as impressive as anyone on the field tonight.

Over 100 yards already.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 10:02 PM
Wow, that does not look like a crowd of 72000 people. Please ignore my previous post about the attendence. :rolleyes:

That might be tickets sold. There was post earlier saying they actually advised people not living in the immediate area not come to help with congestion that's occuring from the hurricane evacuation.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:02 PM
If I were A&M's coach I would be rather PI**ED off at my team. With the depth they should have over Tx St., the bobcats seem to be moving the ball with ease.

Aggies seem to be low on intensity but the bobcats are full of it. They are there with something to prove. :)

Ronbo
September 22nd, 2005, 10:04 PM

You are right about the mistakes, but it's more than a few. They have shot themselves in the foot all night long. Three turnovers and tons of penalties.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:06 PM
Watching game now too.

Tx St has some excellent speed.

GO BOBCATS!!!!!

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:08 PM
Carpenter drops a first-down pass at around the 10. If he catches it, he probably turns and takes it to the house. Then the Bobcats miss a field goal. The Aggies should be sweating bullets.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:10 PM
Carpenter drops a first-down pass at around the 10. If he catches it, he probably turns and takes it to the house. Then the Bobcats miss a field goal. The Aggies should be sweating bullets.

I think a defender got a hand on that ball. There was great coverage on that reciever.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:11 PM
I was wondering when we were going to see McNeal take off. He did that time for a BIG gain, dancing all the way.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:12 PM
The Aggie QB runs like Appalachian State's Richie Williams (not as good an arm, though). Without him, A&M would have no chance in this game.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
The Aggie QB runs like Appalachian State's Richie Williams (not as good an arm, though). Without him, A&M would have no chance in this game.

Agreed, they are not using their speed and depth appropriatley. These short pass plays and runs are a big part as to why Tx St is still in this game.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
I think a defender got a hand on that ball. There was great coverage on that reciever.
He did, but Carpenter still had the ball right in his hands and dropped it. If the ball hits a WR in the hands, it's his job to catch it.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
TD run by Lewis 40-17 A&M

Point after is good 41-17 A&M

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 10:16 PM
TxST is the better team, period. Poor little I-A doesn't have its intimidation factor working... gonna have to go on talent... :rolleyes:

As you were saying ralph :rolleyes:

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:16 PM
As you were saying ralph :rolleyes:

With the way the Aggies are playing this game is far from over.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:18 PM
What is up with the returning game? You can not stall like that in the endzone. That just gives a seam time to collapse. If you are going to run then run or just down it.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:18 PM
http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/txst-m-footbl-mtt.html

Check out the size of the DLinemen.....

I always think when you are playing a BCS team....you need to line up the FS atleast 15yds deep....try and limit the big plays.....

McNeal is a real special talent.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:19 PM
I agree with Ralph. If Texas State doens't self-destruct, they are putting it to A&M big time. I am not impressed with the Aggies at all. And I am not a fan of Francione either. The guy is a pompous jerk who will step on anybody who gets in his way. I'd like to see this team lose all its games (and no I'm not a Texas Longhorn fan).

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:20 PM
I agree with Ralph. If Texas State doens't self-destruct, they are putting it to A&M big time. I am not impressed with the Aggies at all. And I am not a fan of Francione either. The guy is a pompous jerk who will step on anybody who gets in his way. I'd like to see this team lose all its games (and no I'm not a Texas Longhorn fan).

Sounds familiar. :)

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
HB pass a sure touchdown if the pass was on the mark. That is why HBs normally don't throw the ball.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:22 PM
The officials sure haven't missed any opportunities to call ticky-tack penalties on the Bobcats either.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:23 PM
Tx State is 7-11 on 3rd down conversions. Pretty impressive especially against a I-A team.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
30 yard pass from Nealy to White. Nealy 17-22 323 yards.

Chi Panther
86 White, Markee WR 6-7 205 SR 1L Long Bech, Calif. (Long Beach Poly)
2 Sherman, Douglas RB 5-7 205 SR 1L Fort Worth, Texas (Eastern Hills)
1 Nealy, Barrick QB 6-5 230 SR 2L Dallas, Texas (Adamson)

Lots of talent there.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
http://txstatebobcats.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/txst-m-footbl-mtt.html

Check out the size of the DLinemen.....

I always think when you are playing a BCS team....you need to line up the FS atleast 15yds deep....try and limit the big plays.....

McNeal is a real special talent.

They got some big boys on there team. You don't see teams with guys that big in the Northeast, must be all the beef they're eatin down there in Texas.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:27 PM
Aggies D is just not getting any pressure on Nealy, he has all day to throw and is picking apart the secondary. Come on Tx St. you have 15 minutes to pull ahead. Lets give I-AA another big win.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:27 PM
I have to disagree....no way TSU is the better team. IF that is the case...the rest of I-AA is in serious trouble.

IF A&M was tossed into the playoffs this year.....my money would be on them.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:28 PM
I have to disagree....no way TSU is the better team. IF that is the case...the rest of I-AA is in serious trouble.

Are you watching the game? What are you basing this on? If it were not for dumb mistakes (I know that is no excuse) the game would be much closer.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 10:29 PM

Yeah i don't know how the better team is losing by 24 points.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:29 PM
Nealy to Scott TD pass. Camera man was slow on that play.

41-23 A&M

EP is good 41-24 A&M.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Yes Sir.....Texas A&M has more talent than all but about 10 programs the country.

Texas State has tons of talent on offense...but the Aggies will have over 60 points by the end of the game....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 10:31 PM
Are you watching the game? What are you basing this on? If it were not for dumb mistakes (I know that is no excuse) the game would be much closer.

Football is about who limits mistakes and executes better. How else do you win? Not always on talent alone.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:33 PM
Yes Sir.....Texas A&M has more talent than all but about 5 programs in the 10 programs in the country.

Texas State has tons of talent on offense...but the Aggies will have over 60 points by the end of the game....

I don't see that happening. Even if they do, I think that the bobcats will keep scoring behind them.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:35 PM
I'm cheering for TSU!!!!

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:35 PM
Yes Sir.....Texas A&M has more talent than all but about 10 programs the country.

I could easily name off more than 10 teams with more talent than A&M but that would have to be in the "Other Sports" discussion room.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
12-81 (penelties-yards) on the night after the roughing the kicker call just now. Just killing TSU!

Even so, if the game keeps going as is it will definetly not help the Aggies in the polls next week. Hopefully the voters for the BCS do not just look at score.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:38 PM
I could easily name off more than 10 teams with more talent than A&M but that would have to be in the "Other Sports" discussion room.

You're crazy.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
I'm cheering for TSU!!!!

Me too....

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 10:41 PM
time update in the game?

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:42 PM
You're crazy.....

A&M isn't even in the top 25 right now. You are telling me that you think they are better than the majority of the teams that are ranked. :confused:

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:42 PM
time update in the game?

12:23 left in the 4th

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:44 PM
4th down on the one yard line. Aggies will kick, Tech would go for it.

It is this kind of sportsmanship that is keeping the bobcats in it now.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:45 PM
http://rivals100.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?type=0&sort=0&year=2005
A&M isn't even in the top 25 right now. You are telling me that you think they are better than the majority of the teams that are ranked. :confused:

Do the math for this century.....

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:46 PM
http://rivals100.rivals.com/TeamRank.asp?type=0&sort=0&year=2005

Do the math for this century.....

We arn't talking about this century we are talking about this season and the team that is on the field right now.

And as any football fan knows, a recruiting class means nothing without team work and coaching. You could have the most talented guys with no cohesion and bad coaching and they will fail.

BCisforBobcatTX
September 22nd, 2005, 10:46 PM
okay, I am officially conceding that TxST is not the better team. Their Dbackfield is overmatched. They committed too many penalties.

That was a problem against Delta State and Southern Utah. Actually, we had a good game against SUU given how bad the secondary has played so far this season. Regardless of how the rest of the game turns out, I feel pretty good about the team's chances of winning the Southland. Bailiff just better get that secondary better prepared or they're going to get picked on all year long.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:49 PM

I said....more talent.....so the last 5 recruiting classes are relevant.

Anyways....I'm done....

Back to cheering for the TSU's amazing offense. I love it!!!!

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:50 PM
Texas A&M might struggle to be in top 10 of the Big 12 this season, if tonight is any indication. Outside of that quarterback Reggie (does he have a last name? I haven't heard the play-by-play man use it all night), this is a pretty lackluster effort by the Aggies. By the way, A&M was far more dominant against SMU last weekend than they have been against Texas State.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:51 PM
OMFG......that was AWESOME

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
What a spectacular run by Barrick Nealy, 37 yards to the one. Official blew it. He was in the end zone and it should have been a TD.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:53 PM
Great run by Nealy. I think that would have been a TD if not for the Big 12 officiating bias ;) . We'll see what the reply shows, I thought he was in.

The bobcats have done I-AA proud tonight.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:53 PM
The review works, TD! :eek: Keep it going bobcats, shock the world. :)

44-31 A&M
9:07 left in the 4th.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:54 PM
Replay gets it correct. Don't look now, but it's a 44-31 game. Aggies might need 60 to win.

BCisforBobcatTX
September 22nd, 2005, 10:55 PM
It's still a ballgame, ladies!!!

Tod
September 22nd, 2005, 10:55 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: TxSt is awesome! Dang! Good, good game!!! Wow, it is a TD! I think the announcers are giving TxSt some credit now. In fact, they seem to be gushing. Good for the Bobcats!!

You can still win!!! :) :eek: :) :eek:

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 10:56 PM
I think officiating in I-A blows even worse than the officiating in I-AA.

Chi Panther
I just noticed this.....why does the guy reporting field color....have a A&M mike and shirt?

Especially if this game is on FOX....

Keep it up TSU.....another stop!!!

blackfordpu
Did you see that block on the return by that Aggie? Looked like a head rattling hit.

TxSt has almost 500 yars offense against the Aggies, very impressive.

Tod
September 22nd, 2005, 10:57 PM
Can I see this on the 'net?

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 10:57 PM
WOW!!!!

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 10:58 PM
FUMBLE AGGIES TXST RETURNS TO THE 8 yard line.

Shouldn't that have been a personal foul. That guy picked up the defender and slammed him down! :mad:

Mr. C
don't look now, but Aggies fumble. Bobcats have the ball on the A&M eight.

Tod
Holy $#it!!!!! Go 'Cats!!!! 1st and goal!!!

BCisforBobcatTX
Can I get a hell yeah, my fellow DI-AA fans?!?!?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
Holy $#it!!!!! Go 'Cats!!!! 1st and goal!!!

This is crazyness!! I wish i was watching :bang:

Tod
Hell Yah!!!

blackfordpu
Pass interference on the offense?!?! Not good to move backward.

2nd and goal from the 18.

HELL YEA

Tod
September 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
Nowhere on the 'net?

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 11:00 PM
another bogus call on the Bobcats. This crew is awful. If the Aggies can't beat the Bobcats, I guess the officials from the Big 12 can.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:01 PM
Nealy 27-32 378 yards. Great night for any QB in any league.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Is it me or are the Aggie fans REALLY annoying?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 11:02 PM
Nealy 27-32 378 yards. Great night for any QB in any league.

I'm seeing possible offensive player of the week in 1-AA? Certaintly southland player of the week?

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 11:03 PM
Two pass interference calls on A&M on that drive that went uncalled, while the officials called a bogus one on the Bobcats. Should be 44-38 right now.

Tod
September 22nd, 2005, 11:03 PM
My bad, thanks, Ralph!!

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:05 PM
I'll take that as a no. Thanks for the help guys. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Check out ralphs post about 7 up.

Mr. C
Ralph, you better go ahead now and ask the Texas State SID for that Barrick Nealy all-star photo for Monday.

bkrownd
TxST turns it over on downs... 5:31 left

No field goal attempt? WTF?

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
Ralph, you better go ahead now and ask the Texas State SID for that Barrick Nealy all-star photo for Monday.

Denfinately!

I thnk we have a new Walter Payton Award leader......

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:07 PM
Give me a break. I-A officials are earing their "money" tonight by keeping a I-AA team from beating a "prestigous" I-A.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 11:07 PM
More home cooking from the Big 12 refs on a personal foul call when the Aggies came up short of the first down. How embarrassing.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 11:09 PM
No field goal attempt?
Texas State was trying to win the game, not make it close. Baileff made the right call. Go for the juggler.

FlyBoy8
September 22nd, 2005, 11:09 PM
for a good time, locate your nearest TAMU message board. :D

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:10 PM
Deflected pass, good job to stop the clock by the bobcats.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:11 PM
Notice how the bobcats didn't even go for the block that time. They are playing it smart, not wanting a crippling penelty that would most assuredly put them out of the game.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 11:11 PM
They can still do it!!!!!!!

Bring on the Barrick Show

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 11:12 PM
I'd like to see the Aggies play Texas State in San Marcos. They wouldn't have a prayer there.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:13 PM
WHY IN THE WORLD DID THEY TAKE NEALY OUT? THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN! :mad:

I don't understand this.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 11:13 PM
Where is Nealy?

bkrownd
September 22nd, 2005, 11:14 PM
Texas State was trying to win the game, not make it close. Baileff made the right call. Go for the juggler.

Trying to win the game would have been going for the FG to cut it to 10 with time left to make up the difference. Now they're down by 13 and it's over.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:14 PM
Where is Nealy?

And why are they running it?

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:15 PM
Another Bu******* call against the bobcats. The Refs won with help from the Aggies tonight.

Chi Panther
That is silly....

I have to say it again.....TSU has some serious speed at TB a tall WR and a gun slinger at QB.

NOBODY is going to want to play them after watching this game tape.....

Mr. C
Another personal foul call on Texas State. What a bunch of cheats. This is one of the worst lacks of integrity I've ever seen by a group of officials.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:17 PM
I hate that damn cannon.

Great effort by the bobcats but they were up against more than just the Aggies tonight. I will definetly have to consider them in my poll next week.

BCisforBobcatTX
So what do ya'll think? Is Texas State going to get some love in the next round of polls or does this hurt them?

Ronbo
Good showing Texas State. :)

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 11:18 PM
Trying to win the game would have been going for the FG to cut it to 10 with time left to make up the difference. Now they're down by 13 and it's over.
You needed a touchdown to make it a one-possesion game. A field goal would have done you no good that late in the game. Texas State was giving it all they had to win.

blackfordpu
September 22nd, 2005, 11:20 PM
You needed a touchdown to make it a one-possesion game. A field goal would have done you no good that late in the game. Texas State was giving it all they had to win.

I agree, it was the right call if they wanted to win. I still don't understand why they took Nealy out with about two minutes to go.

Game over, good job tx st. You will never hear me say that again. :cool:

I am going to get off the computer now and do my best to hurricane proof my apartment. Good night everyone. :)

bkrownd
September 22nd, 2005, 11:20 PM

I thought the game ticker said about 5 minutes left, which is plenty of time to make up 10 points, but not 13.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 11:21 PM
If the Bobcats hadn't have missed that field goal earlier and the officials hadn't made the call the wrong way on the offensive pass interference in fourth quarter, this would have made for a heck of a finish. The Aggies got their butts handed to them, even though they got credit for the W.

Chi Panther
September 22nd, 2005, 11:22 PM
Excellent game Texas State. Great Showing!

Defintately going to watch your scores the rest of the year.

Best of Luck!

I don't want UNI to play down there or for you to play up in the DOME for that matter.

Mr. C
September 22nd, 2005, 11:23 PM
I thought the game ticker said about 5 minutes left, which is plenty of time to make up 10 points, but not 13.
There was only four minutes left and the Bobcats only got the ball one more time the rest of the way.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 22nd, 2005, 11:24 PM
So what do ya'll think? Is Texas State going to get some love in the next round of polls or does this hurt them?

I dunno, i don't know if you can really move them up, but i wouldn't drop them. Interesting to see how #1 WKU does down on plain. Auburn i don't think is any better than A&M this year so i'm counting on a respectable showing by them as well.

bkrownd
September 22nd, 2005, 11:33 PM
There was only four minutes left and the Bobcats only got the ball one more time the rest of the way.

Ah, but you forget the magic called the "onside kick". (Not to mention the magic called "HUGE punt return!") I've seen it happen so many times...

golionsgo
September 22nd, 2005, 11:50 PM
I dunno, i don't know if you can really move them up, but i wouldn't drop them. Interesting to see how #1 WKU does down on plain. Auburn i don't think is any better than A&M this year so i'm counting on a respectable showing by them as well.

Auburn is A LOT better than Texas A&M. Western KY will play them fairly tough, probably 35-7 or 42-14, because Auburn will play it vanilla, but there's no comparing Auburn and A&M.

Dallas Demon
September 22nd, 2005, 11:56 PM
Auburn is A LOT better than Texas A&M. Western KY will play them fairly tough, probably 35-7 or 42-14, because Auburn will play it vanilla, but there's no comparing Auburn and A&M.

I'm not so sure, probably better, but A&M was SUPPOSED to be pretty darn good this year.

Dallas Demon
September 22nd, 2005, 11:59 PM
GREAT showing by Texas State, looks like they are for real this year. Give Nealy time and he'll hurt you. Terrible call on the offensive pass interference near the end of the game, easily appeared to be defensive pass interference. May have cost them the game on that one play.

TXST_CAT
September 23rd, 2005, 12:37 AM
Check out the love the Bobcats are recieving from Aggs on www.Bobcatfans.com
! :D

golionsgo
September 23rd, 2005, 01:24 AM
I'm not so sure, probably better, but A&M was SUPPOSED to be pretty darn good this year.

Auburn wouldn't give up 31 points and almost 500 yards of offense to Texas State, plain and simple. That's not to say A&M wouldn't play Auburn fairly close head to head, but Auburn has better athletes and team speed across the board.

By the way, I'm not trying to take anything away from the great job the Bobcats did tonight, they made the Southland and all of I-AA proud!!!!

blur2005
September 23rd, 2005, 02:42 AM
Sounds like Texas State will be my team of the week that receives love for a great performance against a I-A, especially Texas A&M. Sounds like they have a big time offense. They might jump back into my poll, despite the loss.

BCisforBobcatTX
September 23rd, 2005, 03:31 AM
Haha, you all should check www.aggiefans.com and www.texags.com A lot of angry Aggies that think a "D2" team never should have kept it as close as they did. Also, Texas State didn't play well, the Aggies just played poorly. Yeah, that's the explanation. :confused: Poor, stupid Aggies.

Bobcat94
September 23rd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Hey yall. Thanks for the love I was at the game last night and you could hear a pin drop when we recovered that fumble in the 4th quarter (outside of the Bobcat fans there going absolutely nuts). I’d estimate actual attendance at 50,000 or so and the Aggies got as loud as they possibly could when we were on the goal line. 85,000 or 50,000 It’s still louder than any stadium in I-AA. The Ags are gracious winners several complements from the fans on the way out.

Two plays are the difference in the game. Fake FG and Offensive Pass Interference.

Strictly my opinion....... but there can be an arguement for the best Quarterback in Texas...............

Texas State should be in the top 10...........

Bobcat94
September 23rd, 2005, 11:12 AM
By the way, We get SMU next year............ :deadhorse

TxSt02
September 23rd, 2005, 08:55 PM
Great game and great perfomance. I was glad I was at the game and I am glad that I am a Bobcat!

TxSt02
September 23rd, 2005, 08:59 PM
By the way, We get SMU next year............ :deadhorse

I talked to Teis last night after the game and we will have them in 08...
2006 Kentucky
2007 TCU
2008 SMU
2009 Trying to get Rice and or Houston

Pantherpower
September 23rd, 2005, 09:05 PM
Watched the game last night when I was in Arkansas. Damn impressive performance by Texas State. Quite frankly reminded me a lot of the UNI-Iowa game where had a couple of things gone I-AA's way, it would've been even more interesting. However, UNI's game was fairly called and Texas State got JOBBED by the officials.

txstatebobcat
September 24th, 2005, 12:44 AM
I talked to Teis last night after the game and we will have them in 08...
2006 Kentucky
2007 TCU
2008 SMU
2009 Trying to get Rice and or Houston

That would be a sweet schedule for the next few years. I love the fact that we are scheduling Texas I-A schools.

BobcatFans.com
September 25th, 2005, 08:34 AM
However, UNI's game was fairly called and Texas State got JOBBED by the officials.

How can you say that? Do you now how hard it is to see two feet in front of you. They made their best calls in the fourth quarter when it really matterd.

Lucky for us the BigXII can review the spot of the ball or they would of taken this from us as well.

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_01.jpg

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_02.jpg

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_03.jpg

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_04.jpg

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_05.jpg

AggiePride
September 25th, 2005, 08:58 AM
How can you say that? Do you now how hard it is to see two feet in front of you. They made their best calls in the fourth quarter when it really matterd.

Lucky for us the BigXII can review the spot of the ball or they would of taken this from us as well.

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_01.jpg

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_02.jpg

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_03.jpg

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_04.jpg

http://www.bobcatfans.com/images/atm_td_05.jpg

Lmao, nicely put together...