PDA

View Full Version : ASU Throw-back Jerseys

Mountaineer2825
February 5th, 2008, 10:09 PM
So, word is out that App State will be wearing old "throw-back" jerseys furnished by who else, Nike, for the home opener in Boone. After the game, the jerseys are going to be auctioned off.

The throwbacks I was told they're using will be the black jerseys with white and yellow stripes (Pittsburg Steelers look alike) with yellow pants and the black helmet with the matching yellow and white stripes down the center.

Can't wait 'til this season!!

AlphaSigMD
February 5th, 2008, 10:27 PM
That sounds nice. I'd love to see them rock some home gold jerseys at some point in time.

I have a white throwback jersey...if you can call it that...its from the 1996 season. I wore it to the national championship game this year.

grizband
February 5th, 2008, 11:06 PM
This is a great idea. I would love for the Griz to wear throwback jerseys from the 1995 championship team for a home game this year.

PaladinFan
February 6th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Throwback to 1996?

Touchdown Yosef
February 6th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Will it feature the old Yosef logo? I can't get enough of that logo and would love to see them reprint some things in it. I have a few magnets for my car with it now but would love more.

ButlerGSU
February 6th, 2008, 07:37 AM
Throwback to 1996?

lol I was thinking the same thing.

The Moody1
February 6th, 2008, 08:23 AM
So, word is out that App State will be wearing old "throw-back" jerseys furnished by who else, Nike, for the home opener in Boone. After the game, the jerseys are going to be auctioned off.

The throwbacks I was told they're using will be the black jerseys with white and yellow stripes (Pittsburg Steelers look alike) with yellow pants and the black helmet with the matching yellow and white stripes down the center.

Can't wait 'til this season!!

Link?

89Hen
February 6th, 2008, 09:23 AM
This is a great idea. I would love for the Griz to wear throwback jerseys from the 1995 championship team for a home game this year.
I'd like to see you go back to them full time. xnodx xthumbsupx

WVAPPmountaineer
February 6th, 2008, 09:40 AM
That sounds nice. I'd love to see them rock some home gold jerseys at some point in time.

I would have to say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to gold jerseys at home - please check out what my other beloved Mountaineers (WVU) wore against Pitt ---

neersnbeers
February 6th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Sweet! I love that logo! Still would like to see more of the All White gear sometime soon.

AlphaSigMD
February 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Throwback to 1996?

Hey, yeah...wow so what we were 7-4 (wasn't Furman was 6-5 this year?). The point is that somebody went out of their way to buy me an authentic game worn uni off the internet, and its very different and much more "old school" looking than the current nike or previous uniforms from the 2005 season. .

Hey, I'm sure they were the same jersey's that they wore in several other years as well. I just know that certificate of authenticity said it was game worn in 1996 by one of our receivers and came with a breakdown of his 1996 receiving stats.

Its better than nothing.

And its 100x better than anything purple. xwhistlex

already123
February 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
anyone got any pics?

LacesOut
February 6th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Throwbacks are sweet.

Great idea, ASU.

HighRyder08
February 6th, 2008, 01:52 PM
yeah i go to church with a bunch of players and they were saying our jerseys will be the ones from the first year when jerry moore was here

Appaholic
February 6th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I liked the helmets better with the stripes, but I don't like yellow pants in any form.......stick with the Black Saturday uniforms....

Mountaineer2825
February 6th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Link?

No link yet, just by word of mouth but that was from Jerry Moore.

Jerbearasu
February 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I liked the helmets better with the stripes, but I don't like yellow pants in any form.......stick with the Black Saturday uniforms....
My fav is the helmets with the old school Yosef logo we wore one year in the mid-80s. I always loved seeing that in the old ADs office!

furman94
February 6th, 2008, 05:37 PM
I wish FU did something like this!

thmst30
February 6th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Sweet, I really like our current unis, but a throwback is always nice for a game.

catamount man
February 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I just want Wagner to bring the gold pants back to WCU. Don't know why Briggs got rid of them?!xmadx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

appmountaineer
February 6th, 2008, 07:31 PM
This is a great idea. I'm pumped

HiHiYikas
February 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM
anyone got any pics?
Word is, they'll look something like this...

Let's Go App State Normal School!

Mountaineer2825
February 6th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Leather helmets! Wonder how NCAA will feel about this?

AlphaSigMD
February 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Word is, they'll look something like this...

Let's Go App State Normal School!

That would be wonderful. I'd kinda just like to have a shirt like that. Good design.

appsfan
February 7th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Here's a link to the 2007 Media guide. In the History and Traditions section, page 160, you should see what the uniform should look like if used:
www.goasu.com/autoimage/pzMBwx2.pdf

SoCon48
February 8th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Will it feature the old Yosef logo? I can't get enough of that logo and would love to see them reprint some things in it. I have a few magnets for my car with it now but would love more.

Not going to happen.
1. The pipe is out..no smoking.
2. Some think the hillbilly is not a nice image for us..frozen fish are in

Touchdown Yosef
February 8th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Not going to happen.
1. The pipe is out..no smoking.
2. Some think the hillbilly is not a nice image for us..frozen fish are in

Yea i figured as much but I know I am not the only one with love for the old logo. I see people all the time at games sporting something with it on there. I have a few magnets with it but I would kill for a black hat with that logo on the front and thats it. I will keep dreaming and continue to keep an eye out...