PDA

View Full Version : Another I-A Guy To Play At JMU

BDKJMU
February 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Another I-A Guy To Play At JMU Posted 2008-02-05
Cornerback Spurns Iowa, Iowa State
http://dnronline.com/sports_details.php?AID=14798&CHID=3&sub=

Mickey called the 07' class the best ever, but 08', while small (about 10 schollies available) might even top that. That makes 5 recruits that had multiple I-A offers. I know some JMU fans bitch about Mickey on Saturdays, but along with his "Mickeyisms" expressions and down home West Tx persona, man, he can flat out recruit.xbowx

BEAR
February 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
.........what's I-A?xeyebrowx

BDKJMU
February 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
.........what's I-A?xeyebrowx

You know its what 95% of the college football world still refers FBS as. :)

For what its worth, Rivals.com has Cuffee as the 40th best post grad prospect in the nation. Notice that no one else in the top 50 has committed to a I-AA oops I mean FCS :) school.

DTSpider
February 5th, 2008, 10:20 PM
he can flat out recruit.xbowx

Just ask him about it :)

bluehenbillk
February 6th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Seems like a great pickup athletically for JMU.

However, one thing sticks out like a sore thumb, how many times do you hear this: "Tennessee withdrew their scholarship due to academics"?

JMU2004
February 6th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Seems like a great pickup athletically for JMU.

However, one thing sticks out like a sore thumb, how many times do you hear this: "Tennessee withdrew their scholarship due to academics"?

you fail to add that UT pulled their scholarship offer last year, BEFORE he prepped at FUMA. Fork Union is not a fly by night football factory. It is a military school which teaches kids discipline, even preps. They go there, get their grades and study habits in order, and then head off to school.

JMU had a FUMA kid last year named Kirby Long. He was voted scout team player of the year and has done fine academically.

Its not as if UD hasn't taken risks.....especially on the basketball team.

GannonFan
February 6th, 2008, 10:47 AM
you fail to add, I might add, that UT pulled their scholarship offer last year, BEFORE he prepped at FUMA. Fork Union is not a fly by night football factory. It is a military school which teaches kids discipline, even preps. They go there, get their grades and study habits in order, and then head off to school.

JMU had a FUMA kid last year named Kirby Long. He was voted scout team player of the year and has done fine academically.

Its not as if UD hasn't taken risks.....especially on the basketball team.

Comparing basketball recruiting with football recruiting isn't apples to apples. All BHBK was pointing out was that an SEC football factory balked with this kid because of academics - that is a pretty significant fact.

whitey
February 6th, 2008, 11:21 AM
that is a pretty significant fact.

It's a 1 year old fact and I think that's what 2004 was pointing out.

GannonFan
February 6th, 2008, 11:41 AM
It's a 1 year old fact and I think that's what 2004 was pointing out.

No argument there. xpeacex