PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Festivities at Your School

TexasTerror
February 5th, 2008, 10:38 AM
What's your school doing for recruiting as it relates to getting the fans involved? I know at the FCS level, it's not as common as it is as the FBS level in doing something to promote the signees, but I know on this AGS community, we've seen more and more from our schools...

SHSU is utilizing the new BearkatVision (through the partnership with JumpTV) to do a special recruiting video on the web site, which I believe will include a press conference when our head coach releases our recruits for the coming season.

McNeese_beat
February 5th, 2008, 11:08 AM
What's your school doing for recruiting as it relates to getting the fans involved? I know at the FCS level, it's not as common as it is as the FBS level in doing something to promote the signees, but I know on this AGS community, we've seen more and more from our schools...

SHSU is utilizing the new BearkatVision (through the partnership with JumpTV) to do a special recruiting video on the web site, which I believe will include a press conference when our head coach releases our recruits for the coming season.

McNeese always has a recruiting bash around 6:30 or so in the Cowboy Room, that building on the southwest corner of the stadium with the big windows overlooking the field.

813Jag
February 5th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Southern usually has a recruiting bash but I don't know if they have it this year.

Lionsrking
February 5th, 2008, 11:26 AM

We've had a "bash" (I hate that term) for our fans every year since the program was revived. Head coach will discuss each recruit and show a highlight video which is also typically shown several times on the Southeastern Channel. In the past, we've held it at the Landmark Hotel (formerly Holiday Inn) but this year we're moving it to campus due to the basketball game with McNeese at 7 p.m.

DFW HOYA
February 5th, 2008, 12:09 PM
No activities.

Georgetown has lost some commits after Signing Day over the years (including a well known lineman that left for West Virginia) and rather than announce people that aren't coming, they wait until a press release sometime in May; of course, by that point, no one is paying attention to it in the local press.

Eight Legger
February 5th, 2008, 12:33 PM
We usually get together and burn the JMU Duke Dog in effigy. Though I'm not sure that is an officially sanctioned university event.

Actually, on second thought, I guess it's just me and my friends. Ok, I don't have any friends. Just me. In a room. With a book of matches. And a stuffed animal.

xrolleyesx

jstate83
February 5th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Had the final 16 recruit's at our Conference Championship party.
It was held off campus inside the Metrocenter Mall..........(2 miles from campus).
Before that, recruit's and families toured the campus again, hanging out with student's and alum's getting ready to caravan to the festivities.

People had a blast this past Saturday. xnodx

slostang
February 5th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Cal Poly will video stream the press conference announcing the new recruits.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 5th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Southern usually has a recruiting bash but I don't know if they have it this year.

Of course SU is having one. Last year it was @ the The SU QB Clubs building, and there was a cash bar :D and free Beer with plenty of food. It was a all day event starting at 1:00. Aeneas Williams was the speaker. Pete has taken the function from the QB Club and it will be back on campus, meaning no adult beverages xmadx . I think it starts @ 6:00.

Green26
February 5th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Montana has a fairly sizeable gathering at a hotel in the early evening. The head coach discusses each recruit and shows a short video on each. The event includes appetizers, drinks and mingling with the coaches. All of the coaches, and sometimes a few spouses, attend, and are introduced. Monte the mascot usually/sometimes attends. it's a nice and fun event.

Due to the large number of scholarships available this year (about 25), the event is going to last a long time. Last year, there were less than 10 scholarships available, and some had already been given to transfers like Quinn, the Oklahoma transfer.

A few fans from outside the Missoula area come to the event, often driving several hours. The mingling continues after the event at some of the downtown bars, either with or without some of the coaches.

Prior to the evening event, there's a QB Club lunch and early afternoon press conference. I think the press conference has been streamed in the past, but perhaps I'm not remembering correctly. The recruit video is posted on the athletic website. There's already been a short coaches video, discussing recruiting in general, posted on the website.

813Jag
February 5th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Of course SU is having one. Last year it was @ the The SU QB Clubs building, and there was a cash bar :D and free Beer with plenty of food. It was a all day event starting at 1:00. Aeneas Williams was the speaker. Pete has taken the function from the QB Club and it will be back on campus, meaning no adult beverages xmadx . I think it starts @ 6:00.
I had heard that the QB Club wasn't doing it this year, but I didn't know what would be going on.

McTailGator
February 5th, 2008, 10:04 PM

http://www.geauxcowboys.com/images/signingday2008.gif

The Gadfly
February 5th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Nothing . . .

jstate83
February 6th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Here are a couple of Photo's from the JSU page on the Clarion Ledger from last Saturday.

http://cmsimg.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=D0&Dato=20080202&Kategori=SPORTS030101&Lopenr=802020803&Ref=PH&Item=1&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

http://cmsimg.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=D0&Dato=20080202&Kategori=SPORTS030101&Lopenr=802020803&Ref=PH&Item=3&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

http://cmsimg.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=D0&Dato=20080202&Kategori=SPORTS030101&Lopenr=802020803&Ref=PH&Item=4&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

http://cmsimg.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=D0&Dato=20080202&Kategori=SPORTS030101&Lopenr=802020803&Ref=PH&Item=8&Maxw=600&Maxh=500

OL FU
February 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM
I think FU is having a dinner tonight to show video and discuss the signees. I said think cuz I am not able to goxbawlingx

HIU 93
February 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
No activities, but it is close to 80 degrees today in Hampton. I'm sure there will be plenty of "sights" to lure young men to sign the dotted line.xsmiley_wix