PDA

View Full Version : Iona/Marist

dgreco
February 4th, 2008, 08:55 PM
are they joining the PFL this season?

The PFL site is down and all the PFL teams have taken down their 2008 schedules...

UNHWildCats
February 4th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Only Campbell had their schedule posted and its still posted.

dgreco
February 4th, 2008, 08:59 PM
IC Gaels had a schedule up today and now it is blank and I jsut heard rumors that other teams had schedules up and they are now down. Maybe from the PFL site.

DFW HOYA
February 4th, 2008, 09:38 PM
No such talk yet on the Pioneer message board.

http://pflfan.proboards26.com/index.cgi?board=general

dbackjon
February 4th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Hope they don't pull a St. Peters

Seahawks Fan
February 5th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Hope they don't pull a St. Peters

That would cause us a major scheduling problem for 2008. We'll have to wait and see what's going on.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 5th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Good sleuthing - I may poke around today and see if I can find out anything on Iona, Marist or the PFL.

Syntax Error
February 5th, 2008, 12:24 PM
http://pioneer-football.org

daywoo7
February 5th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I know that this year Iona will not be joining the PFL and will play this season as an independent and then re-visit the issue after the season. I can only assume Marist is planning to do the same thing. Iona does have a very stong schedule this year with games @ Maine & UC Davis as well as a home game vs. Stony Brook. Ill get the full schedule up soon.

danefan
February 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM
I know that this year Iona will not be joining the PFL and will play this season as an independent and then re-visit the issue after the season. I can only assume Marist is planning to do the same thing. Iona does have a very stong schedule this year with games @ Maine & UC Davis as well as a home game vs. Stony Brook. Ill get the full schedule up soon.

Welcome Daywoo...by the sound of it and your location, you are a Gaels fan. good to have you on here. Hopefully you guys can get it in gear and come up with the 30 rides for an NEC membership.

It would be a perfect fit and you'd have good regional rivalries with Wagner, Central Conn. and Sacred Heart. Seems to make more sense to me than joining the PFL. Shoot, even if Iona only offers 20 rides it makes more sense. Same goes for Marist.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 5th, 2008, 04:34 PM

Welcome daywoo. I can confirm that you're right, Marist will be playing as an indy in 2008. Whatever Iona and Marist choose, I just hope they keep playing football! xnodx

dgreco
February 5th, 2008, 08:58 PM
thanks for all the updates, just some things I heard being talked about.

Has anything been said about Marist and the PL lately? Or is a just let it drift away approach by the PL.

Also, Iona would be a good fit for Football affiliate. But would the NEC take them with a history of teams leaving the NEC for MAAC and having 9 teams do they want a 10th and a MAAC team unless they became an all sports.

Obviously if CCSU or UA left it would be different I understand.

DFW HOYA
February 5th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Has anything been said about Marist and the PL lately? Or is a just let it drift away approach by the PL.

There's a lot of "drift" in the Patriot League of late. And when the PL "decides not to decide" on scholarships this spring, it will continue.