PDA

View Full Version : SoCon TV

woffordgrad94
February 4th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Do any of you SoCon sports fans use this service? If so, how is it? Is the quality good? Are there announcers? I was thinking that if it is good, I could watch some Wofford road games on it in all sports. So is it reccommended?

ButlerGSU
February 4th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I'm not sure how it is now, I purchased the Elon/GSU game in I believe 2004. The quality then was horrible. There were no announcers and only one camera which panned to the scoreboard after each play. Twenty minutes into the game I was nauseated. I never ordered anything else from them but the price has also increased since then so hopefully, so has the quality.

Eyes of Old Main
February 4th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I haven't tried it. I wonder if it's similar to Terrier Vision through Wofford's athletic website? I haven't tried that either, and haven't heard any feedback. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and try some of this stuff out.

woffordgrad94
February 4th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I watched the Clemson-Boston College basketball game on Saturday night on ACC Select, and there was an announcer and the quality was pretty good...it was almost like watching TV, without any commercials. But that was the ACC. I'm just wondering if SoCon TV is as good, since it is not the ACC. I'm sure it's better now than in 2004, though.

thirdgendin
February 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I watched The Citadel/Furman football game on it this fall, and the quality was very good. They showed live video with el cid's radio crew providing the audio. I've only seen one or two basketball games on it, and some seem to be better than others re: audio. The video has been good for all of them.

TexasTerror
February 5th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I know how these things work...

SoConTV basically is the feed that the schools provide from their web site. Some schools have better production abilities than the other schools.

In the Sun Belt, Denver has amazing broadcast capabilities that it is pretty much close to a televised game. For ULL, they use the videoboard feed (so you get all the replays). UNO plays the radio feed over a video (for the men, a shared feed with the team filming the game, for the women, it's own camera person)...

In the Southland, UTSA just has a video feed with the score laid at the bottom with a clock. SHSU just shoots a video feed, possibly the team's with some radio over it.

It's typically the home radio played over the video.

elcid96
February 5th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I watched The Citadel/Furman football game on it this fall, and the quality was very good. They showed live video with el cid's radio crew providing the audio. I've only seen one or two basketball games on it, and some seem to be better than others re: audio. The video has been good for all of them.

I believe the Citadel has their own television crew to work the games for the video board and the live internet feed. I watch all of the home games through the internet and it is a really good feed with lots of different angles and replays. In fact, I believe it was during the Furman game that there was a controversy on whether or not the instant replay could be used to overturn a bad call.

elcid96
February 5th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I know how these things work...

SoConTV basically is the feed that the schools provide from their web site. Some schools have better production abilities than the other schools.

In the Sun Belt, Denver has amazing broadcast capabilities that it is pretty much close to a televised game. For ULL, they use the videoboard feed (so you get all the replays). UNO plays the radio feed over a video (for the men, a shared feed with the team filming the game, for the women, it's own camera person)...

In the Southland, UTSA just has a video feed with the score laid at the bottom with a clock. SHSU just shoots a video feed, possibly the team's with some radio over it.

It's typically the home radio played over the video.

__________________________________________________ __
That makes sense. If the school has a video board and camera crew, then you will get a good show.

beauvighn
February 5th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Hey Wofford guys, I understand you guys recieved a transfer from Navy recently. I know the Middies were sorry to see him leave.

GoldandBlack
February 6th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Hey Wofford guys, I understand you guys recieved a transfer from Navy recently. I know the Middies were sorry to see him leave.

And we're happy to have him-

"Davis (6-foot, 190 pounds) was a three-year starter and Atlanta Journal-Constitution honorable mention all-state as a high school senior. He was getting interest from Georgia Tech and Wake Forest. Davis was named Outstanding Quarterback at a Navy summer camp and signed to play there, but said it wasn't a good fit."

http://goupstate.com/article/20080206/NEWS/756763532/1001/SPORTS02

beauvighn
February 6th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Congrats to you guys. My Navy friends told me he was their top recruit last year but just didn't take to Military life. He should fit in well at Wofford.